Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,510 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

case closed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / case closed (2080 Views)

Nigerian Woman In Trouble For Battering Indian Lover (photo) / Tiwa Savage’s Husband Beats Her; Marriage In Serious Trouble / She's In Trouble: Help With Soothing Words! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

case closed by Cally01(m): 12:35am On Dec 11, 2013
Hi
Re: case closed by padeolu: 12:42am On Dec 11, 2013
Firstly, go save the money in your account until you are able to figure out what to do with it.
you could venture into sales of daily need products....or anything that moves most in your area..
think and rethink before venturing into any online business, its mostly fraud

2 Likes

Re: case closed by bluuu: 1:00am On Dec 11, 2013
if ur course gives u time for biz n u can cope with it,u can do both schooling n biz.if not,u can use it for ur schooling but spend wisely.Good luck
Re: case closed by tpia5: 1:41am On Dec 11, 2013
Is N250,000 a lot of money in nigeria?

How much are your school fees?

I would say you should get a job in the meantime pending resumption.

Befitting job is a relative term, there is dignity in labour, whatever your hand finds to do, do it well, that's all.

1 Like

Re: case closed by Provie(m): 3:21am On Dec 11, 2013
U ar in an academic environment. Procure a stand, buy two gud photocopiers & two big generators to power dem; den employ two xperienced atendants (males or females) to operate dem. Monitor d business at ur spare time. U wil b fine; best wishes.

2 Likes

Re: case closed by pussyeater(m): 3:38am On Dec 11, 2013
Provie: U ar in an academic environment. Procure a stand, buy two gud photocopiers & two big generators to power dem; den employ two xperienced atendants (males or females) to operate dem. Monitor d business at ur spare time. U wil b fine; best wishes.
He said N250,000 not N2,500,000... Use ur brain nah!
Re: case closed by Provie(m): 3:53am On Dec 11, 2013
pussyeater:
He said N250,000 not N2,500,000... Use ur brain nah!

I wonda who needs to use his brain between u & I. Anyway I've seen ur moniker & all can say is "No Wonder".

3 Likes

Re: case closed by astronautog(m): 3:53am On Dec 11, 2013
use am play nairabet accumulate 10games ,come back and thank me later grin

2 Likes

Re: case closed by texaco1: 4:20am On Dec 11, 2013
The best way to save money is to invest it. I am very sure you have started spending out of that 250k already and before you know it , it is gone.you should have made a plan before getting the money but all hope is not lost,don't venture into online biz,it isn't as good or rosy as been painted.divide the money into 2,take the first half and put it in an account that you can't touch,use the second half to start buying online. And reselling in nigeria,there are many threads that deals with this,then get a job. Don't rely on buying and selling alone. Get a job that will make you have a sure guarrantee of an income at the end of the month or week then plan ahead to go back to school. Talk more to people and seek counsel and lastly PRAY HARD
Re: case closed by pussyeater(m): 4:24am On Dec 11, 2013
Provie:

I wonda who needs to use his brain between u & I. Anyway I've seen ur moniker & all can say is "No Wonder".
Go and Die! IDEOT! Eleeriibu!
Re: case closed by tellwisdom: 4:59am On Dec 11, 2013
Guy, go open restaurant make i come drink beer for your shop sad

1 Like

Re: case closed by SlyIg(f): 5:51am On Dec 11, 2013
pussyeater:
pls stop this so that better people can help out.

#Provie has made a point Op. Consider it.
Re: case closed by pussyeater(m): 5:58am On Dec 11, 2013
SlyIg:
pls stop this so that better people can help out.

#Provie has made a point Op. Consider it.
What point did provie make? His point didn't make no fu<king sense!
Re: case closed by obyrich(m): 6:30am On Dec 11, 2013
tpia@:
Is N250,000 a lot of money in nigeria?

How much are your school fees?

I would say you should get a job in the meantime pending resumption.

Befitting job is a relative term, there is dignity in labour, whatever your hand finds to do, do it well, that's all.
Did you read the post at all? He has neither skill nor certificate. Will you get him a befitting job? Smh.
Re: case closed by obyrich(m): 6:43am On Dec 11, 2013
Keep that money in the bank. Go and learn how to cut hair. You can do it now you are on strike. With less than 30k you can open a mini-salon in your hostel and operate it at night. I know who did it when we were in school and made enough money and friends that he ended up winning the SUG presidency in his final year. Another thing you can do is to buy a computer set and a photocopier and get a girl to man it for you. Go round your school and find someone who will allow you share shop with them. One word for you is if you want to make it in life, throw pride to the wind and be bold. No dulling. Bless you.

5 Likes

Re: case closed by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 11, 2013
astronautog: use am play nairabet accumulate 10games ,come back and thank me later grin
grin
astronautog: use am play nairabet accumulate 10games ,come back and thank me later grin
Badt.
Re: case closed by ifyalways(f): 7:14am On Dec 11, 2013
@OP,whatever you do,do not do this:
Give the money to anyone to trade with on your behalf
Go into any online business.

Do not,Unless you want to kiss your money good bye.
Obyrich and Provie have given you reasonable,practical advisory

2 Likes

Re: case closed by Provie(m): 7:22am On Dec 11, 2013
pussyeater:

I can see Frustration walking on two legs. I wont abuse bak or evn reply u futher; dat wud be belitling myself. I understand ur real bad state: Nigeria so extremly harsh to some pple.
Re: case closed by elektra(f): 8:08am On Dec 11, 2013
First save that money in the bank.
Then learn a trade, this is something that will stay with you forever.
I would suggest you learn how to cut hair, or sew clothes. These are skills that are marketable in he school environment.
if you know how to cook, get a tokunbo fridge and start a small restaurant/buka in your room.

1 Like

Re: case closed by Hardheolar(m): 10:32am On Dec 11, 2013
Re: case closed by Hardheolar(m): 10:33am On Dec 11, 2013
U can venture into printing of reacharge cards business and d distribution. Its going to b a successful one as long u ave peepz u re delivering dem too.

Tank me later....
Re: case closed by tpia5: 10:37am On Dec 11, 2013
obyrich: Did you read the post at all? He has neither skill nor certificate. Will you get him a befitting job? Smh.

What is a befitting job?

Maybe you need to reread my post slowly.
Re: case closed by i1: 2:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
@ op! The way school fees are these days 250k will get you no where even if it is a polythenic. I advise you open a business center with 200k it will go a long way or open a mini snack bar! However your studies my suffer for it!
Finally if you are hardworking and can break your back, learn how to farm, 250k can set you up on an acre of land which would go a long way whenever you sell your harvest.
Your luck is: you have capital! Work hard and in 4 years you will make it! Ps: note that you should focus on building a business which would sustain you after School because you never can tell the future.
Re: case closed by tpia5: 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
texaco1: The best way to save money is to invest it.

You do not save money by spending it though.

The rest of your post may be on point since he will need a job to supplement his income, I don't think rushing into business without a solid backup plan is the answer.

In addition, how will he focus on his studies if he's running around doing business at the same time.

He can wait for ASUU strike before doing that.
Re: case closed by texaco1: 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
tpia@:

You do not save money by spending it though.

The rest of your post may be on point since he will need a job to supplement his income, I don't think rushing into business without a solid backup plan is the answer.

In addition, how will he focus on his studies if he's running around doing business at the same time.

He can wait for ASUU strike before doing that.
i dont think he has the financial ability to go to school now , what i meant was that he should devote at least the first 6 to 7 months of next year to both work and business in order to raise enough capital , but i think you too have a point and it is ultimately down to the op to decide what he or she wants to do . thanks for correcting me though , i appreciate it
Re: case closed by richyblink1(m): 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
Use 50k to run a saloon while you invest the balance in treasury bills. It's about 11% and pays upfront. Just approach a strong bank and tell them you want to do treasury bill, it's better than fix deposit or just leaving the money in the bank
Re: case closed by tpia5: 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
texaco1: i dont think he has the financial ability to go to school now , what i meant was that he should devote at least the first 6 to 7 months of next year to both work and business in order to raise enough capital , but i think you too have a point and it is ultimately down to the op to decide what he or she wants to do . thanks for correcting me though , i appreciate it

thanks for the heads up, very much unexpected.
Re: case closed by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 14, 2013
N250,000 is quite a lot of money, but at the same time not enough money( if you catch my drift).
@op, in your position I'd do this:
1. Buy an okada+registration, and give it out on hire-purchase or whatever they call it----N150,000
2. With the remainder get some good clothes, shoes and get your student groove on. Life's short.

p.s. assuming you have your fees, feeding and accommodations otherwise taken care of.
Re: case closed by bigheart2013(m): 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
Just be careful whom you take financial and investment advice from. Rule of Thumb: Anyone who want's to turn you into a millionaire should show you his/her own millions first if he/she has the magic wand.

Son, no serious person ever starts business with his personal money. Those who do that are road-side vendors. Even Dangote doesn't use his money to do business. He uses bank's money. Doesn't that tell you something?

Please set aside N100k for your 1st year in school and bank N150k in a good savings account for the 'rainy day', and find a company or manufacturer you can work for on part-time selling goods on commission. You can do that only on Saturdays and evenings as a student, and still have time to study. Part-time marketers have no overhead and work at their own time. Even if your monthly net sales is only N100k, your 10% commission is N10k a month. U can manage that as a student. Moreover, you are developing essential business skills, which you don't have now. Look for fast-moving products like women fashion, household item, etc. Explore supplying items such as ordour control, detergents, disinfectants, etc to hotels.

All the luck, son and may God bless your sincere efforts!

1 Like

Re: case closed by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
250k is too small for treasury bills most places take only 500k and above
follow bigheart2013 advice
but fix the 150k in a fixed deposit acct so u dont have ready access to it

Use the 100k to pay ur self a 'expense' of N8000 a month to spend each month in school, then find parttime work to make up other expenses

1 Like

Re: case closed by baralatie(m): 10:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
padeolu: Firstly, go save the money in your account until you are able to figure out what to do with it.
you could venture into sales of daily need products....or anything that moves most in your area..
think and rethink before venturing into any online business, its mostly fraud
gbam!

(1) (Reply)

Which Bank Can Help Me Save Up Money To Get A New Car In 2015? / Picture Of A Mother Forcing Her Child To Eat. / Being Childfree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.