Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 (53300 Views)

10 Reasons You Will Never Quit Facebook. / 8 IT Skills That Will Be 'most Wanted' In 2014! / Use Twitter And Facebook In One Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by djinsuntan(m): 8:37am On Jan 03, 2014
Pedagogue: I'm looking forward to a Nairaland year of ORIGINAL posts that will add value to us as Nigerians.

This cut and paste attitude of meaningless topics just does not cut it.

11 reasons why I should quit Facebook? Damn annoying!

If properly checked,the blogger is trying to have a hit at Mark Zuckerberg for his/her own business interests. Read No.6 more deeply and you'll understand.

Albeit I hardly use Facebook these days I will forever be interested in the existence of the progenitor of social media, F A C E B O O K!

Happy new year Nairalanders.

DON'T RULE OUT NIGERIANS LITERARY CREDIBILITY AND ORIGINALITY. The Blogger in the instant case is a young vibrant Nigerian, Besides if you are one of those whose faith in country men has taken a mile's walk, I'll advice u reconsider cos this Nigerian is at his best form of originality. Learn to appreciate people.
Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by kbpresh: 10:15am On Jan 03, 2014
The truth is we all eventually become tired of what we once liked.
Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by Abimbolaile(f): 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
djinsuntan:

DON'T RULE OUT NIGERIANS LITERARY CREDIBILITY AND ORIGINALITY. The Blogger in the instant case is a young vibrant Nigerian, Besides if you are one of those whose faith in country men has taken a mile's walk, I'll advice u reconsider cos this Nigerian is at his best form of originality. Learn to appreciate people.
Appreciating people doesn't mean we should all rush to Facebook and deactivate just because an original Nigerian said so! Being credible doesn't post topics that tell you to deactivate what someone has built up. Let us just learn how to use all social media outlets, be disciplined about the way you use them, do not castigate any one of them and do not tell us to quit using them just because you discovered the way some people are using them.
Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by Classicalman(m): 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
Haterz will continue hating while FB smiles to the bank with their millions of dollarz.
Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by tucee31: 1:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
yinkard4me: . Ok

U quoted this just to say "ok"?
This is a new year. I won't use any harsh words on u.
Just go get a life!
Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
That number 7 is where i don‘t really like, sanding friends requist unbehave of you, to those that u don‘t even know, very soon i will deactivate my fb account.
Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by LadyH(f): 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
we cnt deny. fb is no longer in its glory days.

wont quit tho. I still catch long tym frnds frm it.
Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by jaeff(m): 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
Wetin dey pain me pass 4 fb nw sef na all dis yahoo boiz posting in my inbox saying "hi my name is rita, princess, angel etc, and I saw ur profile and I like u bla bla bla bla, they'll nw tell u to reply dem via an e-mail address....and I dunno hw some pple will jst put u in a grp chat u don't knw anytin abt. The only reason I won't deactivate my account is cuz I use it to communicate wit my cousins abroad. Everything has its advantages and disadvantages sha.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by phrankchek(m): 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2014
MTCHEW
Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by Mbuko91(m): 12:00am On Jan 04, 2014
Whoevr wrote this sorry thing of an assertion must be a corper or student awaiting his posting...
Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by bank2k4real(m): 4:38am On Jan 04, 2014
Beauty..
Freshness..
Dreams..
Truth..
Imagination..
Feeling..
Faith..
Trust..
This is beginning of a new year!

When d enemies say its over,let man hands over, when man hands over God takes over and when God takes over d devil takes cover n when d devil takes cover man crosses over...Happy. New. Year......

Welcome to 2014......check my signature
Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by kbpresh: 7:44am On Jan 04, 2014
Anvaller: Guys, the reason why some of u are feeling a need to deactivate ur FB account is because u over engrossed urselves in FB in the 1st place. U plunged into it like plunging into the depth of a sea and of course, u might drown if care is not taken.

These are my tips for using FB

1) Don't be an attention seeker on FB: U mustn always post ur beautiful pictures. (E.G in my own case, I only put pictures of beautiful scenery and nature from the places I have been. I don't post pictures showing my self) Although some ppl can't do these, they just like to be seen, they love the attention but for me its easy, I love my privacy a lot.

2) Stop seeking for likes and compliments for every post. I have seen friendships hitting the rock just because one did not say happy birthday to the other. Or because one like the friend's post and the other doesn't like back.. and I am talking about grown up ppl, not teenagers.

3) Spend less time on FB a total of 30 mins in 24hrs is enough

4) Use FB mainly as a source of giving and accessing info e.g sharing links.

5) Keep ur private information to urself: Infos under "about" such as engaged, married, single, complicated relationship, where u live, where u have lived, ur education etc are not necessary. I always wonder why ppl feel the need to live those information on FB.

If u use this approach, u wont feel any serious need to close ur FB account. because there is little or no info or drama to be found there anyway.
True
Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by Nmeri17: 8:25am On Jan 06, 2014
strangest: I sell my products faster on facebook.. Not thinking about quitting soon
please what is it you sell??
Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by dejilg(m): 6:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
ChickRockz: The only reason I agree with is that Facebook is boring..I could give 9 reasons why the logic used in this post is faulty...As for feeling bad about yourself when using Facebook,I disagree with that.I think many people on Twitter are snobs and if you don't fit into their standard you aren't worth their time..Facebook to me is where everyone can relate equally..When you are snubbed and insulted by people like Wizkid,Rihanna and Psquare,why wouldn't you feel bad about yourself? For those who are feeling bad because their Exes seem happier without them,Don't you know what the block button is for?..When you block someone on Facebook the person won't even know about it...so what's your stress? You don't even have to update your relationship status if you don't want to
lolzzz...longtime girl, how u been? dnt quit facebook yet, cos am just rooting for ur acct there, or u'd help wit that?
Re: 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
dejilg: lolzzz...longtime girl, how u been? dnt quit facebook yet, cos am just rooting for ur acct there, or u'd help wit that?
Hello.I'm fine o and you.My Account Name there is Chimdindu Sandra Nwobodo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish / USA Used HP Revolve 810 For Sale. / Unlock Your E303 Mtn Modems Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.