Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,100 members, 7,825,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

2013 Glo-CAF Awards - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2013 Glo-CAF Awards (87784 Views)

Live Updates 9 Jan: Winners At The 2013 Glo CAF Awards!!! / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet / Mikel, Moses & Utaka Nominated For CAF Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by nedu2000(m): 10:53am On Jan 09, 2014
Nigerians keep on mentioning one-off games 4 mikel,one decent game at d AFCON,they say decent games against uruguay/spain(of which we lost both) & then he scored relegation threatened fulham & championship side Derby county & all of a sudden he's better than yaya toure!!if CAF awards mikel d award over yaya toure,our european counterparts will have a good laugh

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Koolface4u: 11:08am On Jan 09, 2014
GO mikel GO. 9ja all D wayM
#team mike#
#team chelsea#
#team 9ja#
color=#000099][/color]
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 09, 2014
Seems Toure won't be attending the event, CAF might dash Mikel the award.. We say it happen to Federick Kanoute some years back
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Oothman(m): 11:35am On Jan 09, 2014
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

On what ground did Mikel deserve to win it? On 2 or 3 goals he scored in his entire career at Chelsea? or Midfield creative?

Stop been bias and partial. Mikel did not deserve it than Yaya.

Yaya Toure deserves it than Mikel 100% guarantee and you knew it.

You're just been bias because Mikel is a Nigeria. Na this bias/partial dey kill Nigeria till today when someone that truly deserve a post, but u wont give to the post, una go go give Doctor post to mechanic. undecided

You heard it here first.
i give up on u
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by timilehin007(m): 11:37am On Jan 09, 2014
Mikel Obi to his haters be like..

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by pek(m): 11:46am On Jan 09, 2014
Mikel will win the award not because he is the best or that he deserves it! That in made the top three is even a joke. Let's look at five top African players at the moment. The list will be Toure and four others. Toure stands head and shoulder above any other African player at the moment. let us for once forget that we are Nigerians and put away any form of sentiment. Is Mikel the best Nigerian player or the first player on the coaches list? The answer, to me, is a big NO. If he is not, How can he be the best in Africa? My opening statement says Mikel will win it. The facts are straight forward: the awards is in Nigeria, bankrolled by a Nigerian company. So, the best thing to do is to give it to Obi. The fact that Drougba made the final list speaks volume. Better alternatives would have been Enyema, Pitroipa, Bance or Aubumeyagn. Enyema would have been the best option but CAF, in their wisdom or otherwise, didn't put his name. We all know How difficult it is for goalkeepers to win such awards. So, Enyema has to be sacrificed. Enyema was the key to us winning the nation's cup. little wonder he won the golden glove award - an individual award. Mikel didn't. His performance after the nation's cup speaks for itself! Putting his name on the final list would have jeopardize the chances of Mikel. we all know that the Francophone countries have a greater say in CAF. So, the best option was reduce the chances of Toure by putting Drougba on the list. So, Mikel wins it undeservably !

6 Likes

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by pendusky(m): 11:51am On Jan 09, 2014
Chelsea Jet to fly Mikel to the Event... #TeamChelsea #TeamMikel
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by sheylarhh(m): 11:54am On Jan 09, 2014
pek: Mikel will win the award not because he is the best or that he deserves it! That in made the top three is even a joke. Let's look at five top African players at the moment. The list will be Toure and four others. Toure stands head and shoulder above any other African player at the moment. let us for once forget that we are Nigerians and put away any form of sentiment. Is Mikel the best Nigerian player or the first player on the coaches list? The answer, to me, is a big NO. If he is not, How can he be the best in Africa? My opening statement says Mikel will win it. The facts are straight forward: the awards is in Nigeria, bankrolled by a Nigerian company. So, the best thing to do is to give it to Obi. The fact that Drougba made the final list speaks volume. Better alternatives would have been Enyema, Pitroipa, Bance or Aubumeyagn. Enyema would have been the best option but CAF, in their wisdom or otherwise, didn't put his name. We all know How difficult it is for goalkeepers to win such awards. So, Enyema has to be sacrificed. Enyema was the key to us winning the nation's cup. little wonder he won the golden glove award - an individual award. Mikel didn't. His performance after the nation's cup speaks for itself! Putting his name on the final list would have jeopardize the chances of Mikel. we all know that the Francophone countries have a greater say in CAF. So, the best option was reduce the chances of Toure by putting Drougba on the list. So, Mikel wins it undeservably !
i have three questions for u
1) who is Nigeria best player if not mikel
2) was canavaro d best for italy when he won d ballon'dor
3) were u d one dat awarded enyeama d golden gloove award @ Afcon

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Psychedelia(m): 11:55am On Jan 09, 2014
Radiokilar: Is there a reason to watch this world the nomination no make sense self

Tell me about it.

I'll just stay on the lookout for when Kelechi Iheanacho is handed his award.

CAF pooped on this thing when they dropped Enyeama from the final nominees' list.

Good luck to Keshi, Mikel, Garba, Eaglets and most especially Iheanacho.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by tconfi: 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
Expecting the best but...
What if john Mikel did not get sufficient vote today? Don't be susrprised!
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Chartey(m): 12:10pm On Jan 09, 2014
Havilah93: D'banj, P-square, Lagbaja, Lira to perform at Glo Awards

As the countdown to 2013 Glo – Caf Awards begins, top artistes from different parts of the world have been lined up to light up the Awards night holding in Lagos, Nigeria, on 9th January, 2014.

Prominent on the list is the masked artiste from Nigeria, Lagbaja who is expected to keep the night alive with his Afro- Calypso genre of music, a product of various influences ranging from traditional Yoruba music to Jazz. The masked one is expected to enliven the hall with his scintillating dance steps and rhythmic saxophone.

P-Square, the identical twin brothers will also entertain the crowd at the event. P-square´s music is Afro centric; it combines western and African rhythms in creating a marvelous blend of R&B, Hip Hop and Dancehall songs. Their songs cut across various age genders and geographical boundaries, making them one of the most popular and sought after artistes in Africa. Since the release of the Get Squared and Game Over album, they have performed in several major concerts all around the world.

Also billed to perform at the event is singing sensation and Glo Ambassador in Benin Republic, Zeynab who, as usual will thrill the audience with her unique style.
South African singer, Lira who set the benchmark with her 2006 album, Feel Good – and with her late 2008 release, Soul in Mind will also thrill the audience. In the last two years, Lira has grown in stature most especially as a songwriter and intuitive performer, turning the young girl who showed the first glimpses of her gift more than five years ago into a woman with a world class talent.

Also billed to perform is D’banj, the Nigerian singer, songwriter, harmonica master and a charismatic stage performer with boundless energy.
D’Banj is moving from height to greater height everyday and has been glorified as the poster boy of Nigerian Music. The beginning of his achievement recognition came when he won Most Promising Male Artiste at the KORA AWARDS, 2005. The Koko Master is an infectious performer that can hold his audience captive for as long as he wants. He will surely add colour to the night.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/2013-glo-caf-awards-d-banj-lagbaja-p-square-zeynab-entertain/
So even Vanguard journalists don't know what dancehall music is? When did Psquare start doing dancehall music?
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Krasid(m): 12:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
Let the best man win.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by nerodenero: 12:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
Austeenx: Go for glory, Yaya.
I heard that some Nigerian god, Amadioha, predicted 'bout your victory. That's good news, you know.
Very contradictory sad sad
Austeenx: #TeamMikel. grin
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nick4u: 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
arijay: All for Mikel. Its your time to shine. Next year another Nigerian, very likely me .

i luv ur believe,if u av any deal 2help a follow play i'm intrested all d best in ur dream.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nick4u: 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
Big name Mikel Obi,lets go thir is ur tym,smoothsailin snr man
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Lampsy(m): 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
I'm a Nigerian and I'll love to see mikel win.
Award is a commendation for hardwork and success, and obviously, Mikel has been successful with trophies to show for it over 2013. It's also obvious that Yaya is the better player,but mikel has represented well in both club and country.I believe it's an award for most deserved and not direct ability or comparison as it is between messi,cron and ribery.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by salisa(m): 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
i think GTv will show live
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by salisa(m): 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2014
Vicasa: Pls when is the time for the award and which channel will stream live.
i think GTv wil show and its by 9pm
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2014
nerodenero: Very contradictory sad sad

LOL!

It's an indirect way of begging for likes. I've got likes from #TeamMikel and I've got likes from #TeamYaya. Good move, if you ask me. . .
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by timsucces(m): 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2014
team mikelobi...up ndigbo..up nigeria
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by 1025: 1:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
pek: Mikel will win the award not because he is the best or that he deserves it! That in made the top three is even a joke. Let's look at five top African players at the moment. The list will be Toure and four others. Toure stands head and shoulder above any other African player at the moment. let us for once forget that we are Nigerians and put away any form of sentiment. Is Mikel the best Nigerian player or the first player on the coaches list? The answer, to me, is a big NO. If he is not, How can he be the best in Africa? My opening statement says Mikel will win it. The facts are straight forward: the awards is in Nigeria, bankrolled by a Nigerian company. So, the best thing to do is to give it to Obi. The fact that Drougba made the final list speaks volume. Better alternatives would have been Enyema, Pitroipa, Bance or Aubumeyagn. Enyema would have been the best option but CAF, in their wisdom or otherwise, didn't put his name. We all know How difficult it is for goalkeepers to win such awards. So, Enyema has to be sacrificed. Enyema was the key to us winning the nation's cup. little wonder he won the golden glove award - an individual award. Mikel didn't. His performance after the nation's cup speaks for itself! Putting his name on the final list would have jeopardize the chances of Mikel. we all know that the Francophone countries have a greater say in CAF. So, the best option was reduce the chances of Toure by putting Drougba on the list. So, Mikel wins it undeservably !

@pek,
could u please back ur position on the issue of nigeria hosting and bank rolling the event hence mikel will win with example. how many times has ghana hosted this same event and how many did they win? sometimes we write long note with little or no sense in it. no matter what mikel does, nigerians find it difficult to believe. eyeama is a very big player/performer no doubt but where was he last season? i think on loan(am not sure just asking) where was mikel last season? at chelsea am sure. mikel has proved himself even to all the doubting thomas(es) of our time. the Yaya of a man can be voted european best player and we will not doubt that but was he at the afcon 2013? yes, did he meet mikel? yes. yaya played in company of other great/wonderful players from different leagues of this world and on paper, they were favourites but how far did they go? if u watched the game vs ivory coast, mikel was the saving grace. caf is not looking for european footballer of the year rather they are talking african footballer of the year. finally bro, what if mikel fail to win? what will u say about the hosting and bank rolling policy of urs?

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
nedu2000: Nigerians keep on mentioning one-off games 4 mikel,one decent game at d AFCON,they say decent games against uruguay/spain(or which we lost both) & then he scored relegation threatened fulham & championship side Derby county & all of a sudden he's better than yaya toure!!if CAF awards mikel d award over yaya toure,our european counterparts will have a good laugh

gringringrin

I swear. grin
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Libkid(m): 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
Austeenx: Go for glory, Yaya.
I heard that some Nigerian god, Amadioha, predicted 'bout your victory. That's good news, you know.
go nd die
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
What can I say, in the prospect of being patriotic to My Country and Club, I want Mikel to win but in terms of being Just and fair, Yaya should win....So, I think Patriotism overshadows every other thing so am drumming my support for Mikel

PS What time is the draw?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by jotey(m): 1:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
Up mikel..hez gonna win..hu wan bet am
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
For the Love of Mikel..#Team Mikel..tongue
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by dungdusugyang(m): 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
Give it up to Kelechi Iheanacho. Up coming big boy of the year.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by princedoz: 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nairalanders, how do I post headlines/topic for discussion on this site?
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by jotey(m): 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lol
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by timilehin007(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2014
...Its going to be live on AIT..confirmed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013 / Lionel Messi's N10m A Night 'Le Royal' Hotel (Pictures) / Ukraine Vs Nigeria: International Friendly (2- 2) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.