Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1238186 members, 1650212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 23 April 2014 at 04:50 PM

How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection - Phones (1) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Tech / Phones / How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection (15154 Views)

How To Fix A Corrupted Memory Card. / How To Fix "Storage Space Running Out" Problem On Android / **ENTER HERE TO FIX ANY ANDROID PHONE ISSUES, BEST HD GAMES COLLECTION ZONE** (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by Ruq: 11:24am On Feb 10
Please someone tell me how to Stop their ads.
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by Rexyl(m): 11:28am On Feb 10
@ OP hope this helps! Thanks.
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by jibloh(m): 11:33am On Feb 10
Lafffsss!

TrebleChamp: So na dis simple info you wan give na him you type story full ground?
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by Iceberyln(m): 11:42am On Feb 10
Dawatech: Are you experiencing a slow internet connection with your airtel line ? Believe me, is not only you many people are complaining and some are switching to a better network, me myself was frustrated with this crap before i get a solution to this slow internet connection. But wait !

What really cause Airtel Slow Internet Connection ?

Hope you remember the message airtel sent early December last year (2013) telling airtel users using Blackberry subscription plan for their devices that they will stop extending the service to non-bb device, this caused chaos among airtel users where many people shows their feeling on social networking site most especially Facebook, promising airtel to drop their sim in Airtel office door step if they do as they said while some are optimistic ( am an example ) on continuation of the service, many try their possible best to exhaust their data bundle before the date Airtel said they will stop the service but yet I continue using my data normally as i use it before, the day came and gone yet the stuff is working properly but …

Nobody even cares to know what the reason might be for not stopping the Blackberry plan on non-blackberry devices again, Is it different treats from people Or they are kidding in first place, who cares ?

Yeah, the day came and gone yet the stuff is working properly but… , the but is that ; Since i exhausted my previous 6gb for 3months airtel blackberry plan and subscribe for another one, the stuff has being a crap, so frustrating ! the internet connection was so so slow that i regret at times for using the plan and even owning a airtel sim card, but did I have a choice in this country of ours where internet data plan is like buying a Gold. During the time, my smartphone become useless because i cant even connect to internet or chat with the slow internet speed talk less of connecting it to my Pc, i only do so in midnight. It blazes like fires during midnight but don’t know what really cause the slow issh in daylight, But after a stressful day full of lectures, will i still still stay awake during the time just to chat or browse when i suppose to be resting , then i told myself this must stop ! Either airtel rectify it or i switch to a better plan.

To cut the story short, Lately when my subscription is almost due, i found a solution on how to fix the airtel slow internet connection. To me, is so annoying but i believe is a good news also, for the sake of dudes which might also be experiencing this slow internet speed.

How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection

The thing is simple, as you all know that not all places have 3G service, but did you notice that airtel automatically switch the service from 3G to 2G network on your smartphone or Pc ( using a modem dongle ), this is caused by a weak 3G signal,

How will i know if my network is in 3G or 2G ; is simple, with modem the light that blink in your modem is not for decoration but an indicator, green , blue and aqua for 2G, 3G and 3.5G respectively. But with mobile phones, the 2G, 3G and 3.5G shows but in some devices like my own, it shows E , H and H+ instead.

To make your internet connection faster, then you have to make the network stable and normal

To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection On Smartphones.

Go to the settings panel
Scroll to your mobile network settings ( is under
wireless & network in most phones )
Then click on 3G service and select WCDMA only.
Now your phone will avoid all the 2G craps and
connect with 3G only.

To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection On PC ( Using
Modem ) .

Open your modem network app to connect
After connected, click on Tools in the top menu
Click on Options > Network Type , you will see the
network type settings and registration mode, now
change the network type to WCDMA only.
In the same panel, click on registration mode , select
the manual search and register mode and save.
Now you will feel the internet speed.

Before the airtel slow internet connection crap, my hostel is
a 3G enable area and i connect to internet both daylight and
midnight with a fast network speed but after the stuff, my
mobile phone and modem rarely bring 2G, but thank God
with this tweak, i rectify it and enjoy my 3G stability and H+
network is back without being fluctuating.
Before i publish this article, have tried it on more than 5
different non-blackberry devices and computers and it
works very well. If after all this, you still experience a slow
internet connection, then its your area network that is bad,
not the non-blackberry device stuff.

http://www.dawahnet.com/2014/02/how-to-fix-airtel-slow-internet-connection.html.

mtcheww ....i tauqht u'll tell me wah i dnt knw tongue
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by jaido007: 11:51am On Feb 10
TrebleChamp: So na dis simple info you wan give na him you type story full ground?

bro..... I tire oo
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by Dawatech(m): 11:53am On Feb 10
deandavid: guy i dont understand this ur post o, make the network stable and normal, as how na.............. make i catch and trap the 3g network for my moderm........... undecided guys pls throw more light, for some us when get low i.q.[i no shame talk am]

Am sorry for not completing it before, it was a mistake.... The article is now complete
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by johnsonmercyi(m): 11:54am On Feb 10
dfvphoto: it is possible to use 2GB for a whole month on AIRTEL Network ...u will use it on any android phone and on computer.

it will cost u 2,600 naira only

REMEMBER..IF U CALL AIRTEL THEY WILL NOT GIVE U D CODE.AND THEY WILL TELL U IT WILL NOT WORK.

IT IS A SECRET CODE.
U CAN DOWNLOAD ANY THING U WANT TO.
THE CHOICE IS YOURS..........
ACT FAST.....
it goes like dis.

Airtel recharge card.----1,600

my commission-----1,000

u will only pay that 1000 naira once.

next u will do it your self.

if u are ready......text me on

also

WE HAVE CCAN VIDEO TUTORIAL .....THAT WILL HELP U IN UR NETWORKING.

dfvcomputerpoint@gmail.com

Bad market!!! tongue
U no see motor park make u go dey load cab cool
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by anytexy: 11:58am On Feb 10
Me self I TIRE OOOO
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by Chigorkizz: 12:03pm On Feb 10
i don hear.
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by Divine Nature(m): 12:20pm On Feb 10
Thanks for ur time, but to me Airtel simply means a nightmare and the worst experience in life....

1 Like

Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by suwailad(f): 12:20pm On Feb 10
@topic
crap, what a waste of space
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by Jd_fada: 12:25pm On Feb 10
Guy Must u give us the history of airtel blunders b4 farting a belated point. Airtel data bundle is nothing but a heap of pueril crap.
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 10
this one is directly for the Op ^^better shift

1 Like

Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by homesteady(m): 12:45pm On Feb 10
I've tried this stuff many times! it works well sometimes, but when there is no 3G network, it also affects the phone network! I dont know whether it only happens in my phone! I wont be able to make be able to make any call or send messages, until I change it 3G and 2G or only 2G!
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by elijah24(m): 1:01pm On Feb 10
blackberry bold5 with powerbank for sale for just 20k interested persons shud call 08063841151 am in delsu,abraka,delta state.
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by pat077: 1:02pm On Feb 10
i even tink say d guy wan sell e-book sef.

1 Like

Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by real_ugee(m): 1:05pm On Feb 10
Thanks for your time, but that's not the solution... In some cases it might even be worsened... I only regret taking my time to read the long story. Maybe mods should analyze these things b4 posting them on fp...
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by felixona1: 1:06pm On Feb 10
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by brightnelly(m): 1:17pm On Feb 10
elijah24:
blackberry bold5 with powerbank for sale for just 20k interested persons shud call 08063841151 am in delsu,abraka,delta state.
pinshure of the blackberry bold5 and the power back or..........

Adonblivit
grin
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by smudge2079(m): 1:52pm On Feb 10
d OP is a dumbass... everybody know dis already... what should some1 residin in a place where dere is no 3g network do? and for him gelatinous mind e don get tweak....mumu of d highest order..
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by maxibrainz: 2:03pm On Feb 10
@op is Airtel 3months plan for 6gb still workingy
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by coretechng1(m): 2:14pm On Feb 10
A 3g router solves this problem easily.
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by bfmconcepts: 2:35pm On Feb 10
what about when 3g is not even available at all??
I mean, when u select 3g, it shows no service.
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by ican2020: 2:45pm On Feb 10
difance:

*440*016# ..... 1500 for 2gb
my info is free

If it doesn't work sub the one day plan for N 100

What is the code for the daily plan please
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by xxxtedyxxx(m): 2:55pm On Feb 10
Too much story. Na wah oh. Just to turn on 3G..na em u dey yan history.

Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by eluquenson(m): 3:25pm On Feb 10
Nice info
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by Donsammi(m): 3:36pm On Feb 10
people like u spread false inf0.. Airtel bis n0t w0rkin 0n n0n-bb ph0nes !! B4 they bl0ck it t0taly
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by WackyJ1(m): 3:37pm On Feb 10
The problem is not the Op

The real problem is the dump mod who brought this trash to front page
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by Okonkwo samuel(m): 3:54pm On Feb 10
it worked perfectly for me. befor my 3g use to fluntuate but now is stable.
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by emal22: 4:15pm On Feb 10
How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection is
using 3G Outdoor antenna + Router
websales, I say thanks a lot because i believe you. Airtel bb browsing PACKAGE has never failed me for more than a year now but because i moved to ibaa area of lagos state my airtel internet signal is almost nonexisting. SO what is the cheapest 3g outdoor antenna i can get. and where can i get it in lagos, since i just relocated to lagos state. Because of cost, can the antenna alone without a router not boost the signal? i need advice.Thanks
Also my airtel modem has a tiny plugin provision for external wire. How can i get this plug and cable to boost the signal?
Re: How To Fix Airtel Slow Internet Connection by OreofeeOluwa(f): 4:43pm On Feb 10
at least you guys should appreciate his effort.Thanks Op

3 Likes

(0) (1) (2) (Reply)

Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar / Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! / What Will You Miss About Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.