Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! (1996 Views)

What Lara Oweye-Wise, AIT Newscaster Does Before She Enters The Newsroom (Pics) / NTA And AIT Now Praising GMB!!! / Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? (2) (3) (4)

Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! by olawonder(m): 2:09am On Sep 18, 2008
Am I just being fussy or is it right to say Africa Independent Television (AIT) is the crappest TV station in the whole world? Their stupid so called technology is worse (there's absolutely nothing to show for that), the backgounds which you see behind people while programes are on are terrible, the unspecific dessent use of fonts is a total sham and could any one please tell me what thier presenters were always saying, cos I never seemed to understood a thing!
The cheapest TV stations around the world are doing fine with studio shows, it never seemed to cost them much and if it did, they knew its quite old fashioned to try and make people think 'yea, this is our real studio you're looking at'. Why do AIT have to use these flash images/lights at the backgrounds which are likely to cause permanenet partial disabilities to some people? its hazardous!
Few months ago while in London, I saw this guy called something' Obaseki on an AIT channel called 'Moviestar', he vaunted about some classical epic personalities and films, anyone would have thought thats what 'Moviestar' is all going to be about. Afterwards, while doing a followup of the programes shown on the channel, I realised its nothing but same wacky crappy bizarre establishment. There are no other movies on Moviestar other than the usual Eastern Nigerian acted movies and few Yoruba ones, nothing African at all. Totally dissappointing!
I heard it has gone into public ownership, therefore, soon, I'd expect a speedy cocksure turnaround of the way programes are presented, beautiful genuinelly furnished studios, one piece fonts, sizes and colours for on-screen texts and qualified outspoken staff to appear on programes.
It could be a better TV channel as its currently being propagated 'if the chunky part of the company was not puchased by any of the dickheads in politics'!

By Olakunle Moshood, UK.

Does anyone share same view?
Re: Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! by SeanT21(f): 4:10am On Sep 18, 2008
What country does it air in?

Never seen it in my LIFE!!!
Re: Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! by olawonder(m): 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2008
I share your sarcasm. AIT popular in NIgeria and they are (supposedly) aired on two channels in the UK; Moviestar is new, showing "their so called" African movies. I suspects AIT has only one room as studio for all its programes thats why, for all of its programes, edited and uneven graphical backgrounds were always used. Its a shame!
Re: Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! by timbabng(m): 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2008
. . .crappy backgrounds, i dont know what they are thinking angry
Re: Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! by ojofree: 10:25am On Sep 20, 2008
and i thought i was alone in the whole wide world, AIT is the worst, in Nigeria we celebrate mediocrity that is why they think they are going a good job.
Re: Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! by soloqy: 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2008
Am with you on the awful presentation.

I posted that on another forum here.

The news presentation leaves you even less informed than you were before you tuned in.

The owner decided to go to his home town to bring anyone that has a strange and inordinately long name to be TV presenters and News casters.

All in the bid to appear afrocentric .

The bad thing is that the presenters are neither trained nor have TV personalities
Re: Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! by Gamine(f): 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2008
lol.

i thought i was the only one who had a problem with it.

Thats why i hate watching Naija channels, i cant stand bad Graphics/design/effects!
Re: Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! by onyinye2(f): 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2008
I still remember the song from when I first went to Nigeria,

"AIT. AIT. African Independent Televison, AIT.
Re: Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! by robby1(m): 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2008
Do you know how long they have been using that song? i think since 1998 or before. and they havent changed it.
I also hate that stupid background stuff especially when they always adjusting it even while on air. its annoying.
the colors are too bright and it migth get an epileptic person into a fit. Honesly, i expect a lot more from them.
Re: Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! by DisGuy: 2:04am On Sep 22, 2008
I thought i was the only one, and whats with movistar not showing decent movies
funny thing is they've been in the business for so long you'd think they'll be ahead!
they dont even have a website!!!

I wonder why channels is not broadcasting on Sky
Re: Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! by Gamine(f): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2008
Channels is no better.
Re: Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! by twinstaiye(m): 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2008
With all this criticisms, I bet they will surprise you all when their Daar Satellite goes commercial.  Up AIT  grin grin grin
Re: Ait And Thier Stupid 'background'! by SeanT21(f): 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2008
olawonder:

I share your sarcasm. AIT popular in NIgeria and they are (supposedly) aired on two channels in the UK; Moviestar is new, showing "their so called" African movies. I suspects AIT has only one room as studio for all its programes thats why, for all of its programes, edited and uneven graphical backgrounds were always used. Its a shame!

I am serious. I am a Liberian so I have no idea what it is.

Meet The Three Musketeers; Mercy Aigbe, Sikirat Sindodo And Ireti Osayemi / Mysterious Twins, Known As ‘ibeji Oran’ In Yoruba Movie Is Dead. / Who Is Your Best TV Series Character Of All Time?