Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Ogboni Clergy:What Is The Relationship Between Christendom And Confraternity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ogboni Clergy:What Is The Relationship Between Christendom And Confraternity (4085 Views)

My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / Powerful Herbalist And Ogboni Cult Ruler Gives His Life To Christ. / Ogboni Frat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ogboni Clergy:What Is The Relationship Between Christendom And Confraternity by Kunlecelica(m): 10:09am On Jul 16, 2014
Two weeks ago,precisely on June 30th,2014 ,my attention was drawn to two interviews granted by a prophet and a prophetess.The suprising thing was that they confessed to being members of the Ogboni confratenity.It was also a shock that they belonged to the Cherubim and Seraphim Unification,an umbrella body for all Cherubim and Seraphim Churches Worldwide and the Christian Association of Nigeria,an umbrella body for all Christian Churches.
It was a great shock reading their comments saying this associations queried them on their activities and later accepted that they had been winning souls for Christ through their association with the Ogboni sect.Christendom is under threat if this kind of situations occur.We,as a church organization,Celica Church of Christ Worldwide,strongly condemn this.We are guided by the Bible through the book of Luke 16 vs 13"No servant can serve two masters.Either he will hate one and love the other or he will be devoted to the other and despise the other.You cannot serve both God and money/Idols" and Exodus 20 vs 2-5"I am the Lord your God,you shall have no other gods before me,you shall not bow down for any heathen god or worship them:for I,the Lord your God,am a jealous God.The commandment of the Lord is clearly stated here.God does not allow anyone to share his glory because he is the omnipotent,omnipresent and omniscience.Psalm 99 vs 3"Let them praise your great and awesome name- he is holy".God is pure and holy.

Here are excerpts of the two interviews
two C&S Church Leaders:Mother Captain Ifafunke Eritosin and Supt.Aps.Solomon Oladimeji in separate interviews confirmed with boldness their membership of OGBONI CONFRATERNITY.
What is your name?
I’m Lady Captain Ifafunke Adeoye Eritosin. My title of Lady Captain is the highest for a woman in the Cher­ubim and Seraphim Church. I have seven churches spread across Lagos, Ekiti and Ondo states. The head­quarters of the church is located at Igbo-Olomu, in Lagos State.I’m 54 years old. I have been a prophetess in the Cherubim and Seraphim Church for over 25 years.
When did you become a member of the Ogboni fraternity?
I was born into Ogboni family. My late father was the Oluwo Ogboni in Iyin Ekiti in Ekiti State. However, I started my missionary work later when I grew up. I was first an Og­boni member before I started missionary work. My position in Saala Ogboni Fellowship of Nigeria is Olori Obinrin, that is the women leader.
How do you manage to combine your role as Og­boni leader with church duties?
There is no stress at all. My Christian duties have never conflicted with my functions in Ogboni group. My members in the church are aware of my membership of the Ogboni. There was a time some C & S leaders summoned me, and asked me to choose between the church and the Ogboni.I explained to them that there was no way I could sever my relationship with the Ogboni because I was born as a member, and not only that, my late father was Oluwo of Ogboni in Iyin Ekiti. The development led to an argument among the church leaders, and at the end of the day they unanimously agreed that I should remain in the church. Some leaders in the church that day openly acknowledged that I have been an asset to the church and therefore that my remaining in the church would be of benefit to the growth of the ministry of Christ. I regu­larly attend meetings in the Ogboni and in the church.
How would you react to allegations by some min­isters of God that Ogboni is evil?
As far as I’m concerned those who say so are ignorant, and not only that, some of them are also hypocrites. You ask why I say they are hypocrites? Many of them, and I make bold to say so do come to our meetings in the Ogboni Fellowship to beg that we should grant them power that will make their church grow.
I have lost count of pastors who have come to me seeking power that will make their church membership grow.
I also prepare soap and oil in the native way to cure ail­ments.
items for pastors to help their church grow, and these ministers later turn round to condemn Ogboni as evil?
If I decide to talk about what some of these pastors do in order to become somebody, many Nigerians would be shocked. We bathe for some of them in the middle of the night.
Being Ogboni leader has made me a good disciple of Jesus Christ’
For over four decades, 65-year-old Pas­tor Solomon Oladimeji has been a shep­herd in the vineyard. Apart from being the founder of Cherubim and Seraphim Church, Orisun-Ayo, with branches at Alapere, Ketu, and Odogunyan in Ikorodu area of Lagos, Prophet Oladimeji reveals that he is also a top member of the Ogboni fraternity. He be­longs to Saala Ogboni Fellowship of Nigeria (SOFN) – within the fraternity – where he oc­cupies the position of Oluwo and the third in command to the overall head of the fraternity.“I am not ashamed to confess my mem­bership of the fraternity. I’m proud to be Og­boni member. In actual fact, being an Ogboni leader has made me not only a good disciple of Jesus Christ, but it has also gone a long way to make me a better citizen,”
When did you become a member of the Ogboni, and what were the cir­cumstances that prompted you to be a member?
As a member of Ogboni fraternity, my life is having a meaning. I have prospered. My coast has been enlarged. Members of my congregation are increasing everyday. I also thank God that due to my diligence as a committed member, I have been able to rise to the enviable position of Oluwo within the Ogboni fraternity.Some of these pastors and prophets come to people like me to acquire power to per­form miracle.Some of them are even Ogboni members like me. But they are hypocrites. I will never deny somebody who is my benefactor, and that is why you see me wearing and displaying beads and other items being used by Ogboni fraternity..
You said you belong to Cherubim and Seraphim sect, is the leadership of the church aware of your mem­bership of Ogboni fraternity, and again are members of the Christian Association of Nigeria aware of your position in Ogboni?
I have never hidden my membership of the Ogboni group. The church leaders are aware, and nobody has raised any eyebrow. I’ve even used my membership of Ogboni to win more souls for Christ. As for CAN leaders both at Alapere, and in Odogunyan, I play prominent roles in the affairs of the association.
There are also other pastors there who are fellow Ogboni members. But I won’t mention names here unless the situation warrants it. Just as I’m not ashamed of the gospel so also I’m not ashamed of being an Ogboni pastor.
Some pastors do come to us at Ogboni meetings seeking spiritual assistance for their church grow in terms of membership. At other times, they seek our help that their members will obey them or do whatever they ask them to do without questioning their authority. But it is a big shame that these pastors when they mount pulpits would be deceiving their members by be­having and talking as if they are truly holy spirit-inspired. They should learn to give credit to whom it is due.Let me be bold in saying this that it is unfortunate that the church is full of deceit today.
It is a big shame that many of these so-called men of God that claim that they rely on the power of the Holy Spirit to do mira­cles are liars. They are big liars.Many of these pastors both within the orthodox and the Pentecostal fold are mem­bers of Ogboni fraternity. They come to the Ogboni meetings seeking powers which are given to them.We also have many profes­sionals including lawyers, doctors, engi­neers, university lecturers, imams, Islamic and Christian leaders, and traditional rulers as our members.
I am not suprised aboutthis occurences because messages have come out to this effect.Here are excerpts of the messages and interview.
MESSAGE FROM OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST TO SPIRITUAL AND RELIGIOUS LEADERS IN NIGERIA THROUGH HIS ANOINTED PROPHET,DR ADETUNJI ADEONIGBAGBE,FOUNDER,CELICA CHURCH OF CHRIST,KM,7 NEW IFE ROAD,IBADAN ON SUNDAY,MARCH 9TH,2014.
The Lord has said he will send his wrath on Nigeria’s spiritual and religious leaders if they let the nation continue in its state of ungodliness. However the Lord said the spiritual and religious leaders instead of being a light for the society leaders and followers have failed in their duty.They are walking in darkness.They have even initiated the society leaders and populace into darkness.Spiritual and religious leaders are now found in cult groups.How will they command respect when they are in the same occult groups with society leaders? What message will they be preaching? Proverbially it is like a blind guide leading a blind man; they will both fall into a deep pit. Jer 23 vs. 11”The Lord says the prophets and priests are godless: I have caught them doing evil in the temple itself says the Lord”.
An Interview With Prophet Adetunji Adeonigbagbe Of Celica Church Of Christ in 2013.
What are the categories of men of God as you see it today?
Well there are those who are truly called by Christ like Moses, Elisha, Samuel, Isaiah, Ezekiel, then there are those who were truly called by Christ initially but who have polluted their calls like Judas Iscariot, Gehaz or got involved in the occult and finally there are those that called themselves. I was taken to heaven in a trance some years back.On a particular day, I think in year 1997, the Lord told me he wanted to assess the men of God in Nigeria to see how they were performing the duties he assigned them. The Lord told me to look carefully as they will be passing by.I was surprised by the appearance of a very prominent pastor. His body was full of maggots. The Lord interpreted what I saw thus that the man of God appear holy on the outside but he was rotten on the inside. I saw different men of God who had affiliation with the occult. The Lord said his judgment will start from his house unless there is total repentance. This vision really saddened me because there I saw that many of those who were supposed to be shepherds of the flock were leading them astray.
If Christendom is not careful people might lose faith in the Lord yet he is still on the throne neither sleeping nor slumbering psalm 121 vs.3-5.The Lord told me secrets will be revealed and judgment will come on men of God who pollute their calls or mix with the occult. Woe to shepherds who are caught in the cross fire of the Lord. It is not too late to repent and retrace their step. The church should expose darkness, it should never harbor darkness in its midst.
I have been waiting for reactions from Christian Association of Nigeria and Cherubim and Seraphim Unification but none has been forthcoming.I would even want these ogboni priests to make public the "men of god" who are said to be their members and those who patronise them.
Celica Church of Christ is in constant and permanent unity with other churches that have no affiliation with the occult.
May God continue to uphold his true servants who faithfully worship the Lord Almighty.Hosanna,Hosanna,Hosanna

Re: Ogboni Clergy:What Is The Relationship Between Christendom And Confraternity by ayodele123(m): 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
On the Day of Judgment,every man will stand on his own and give his own account how he lived his life on Earth
The have the freewill to decide whom to serve, either the Living God or Idols
The God of Mercy is also a God of Judgment who will consume his enemies(Hebrews 10:31)
Meanwhile,they are alive and can still repent
Once dead, no repentance OH! Dead in sin means translation to eternity in Hellfire OH
Re: Ogboni Clergy:What Is The Relationship Between Christendom And Confraternity by Sayelabola(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2016
Celica church of Christ?
Just reading that for the first time.

(1) (Reply)

Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted / Will Smokers Make Heaven? / Photo News : Pastor Paul Enenche And President Jonathan At New Year Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.