Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Re:Remedy,Cause & Cost Of Nonreading 05 Toyota Tacoma Auto Speedometer/odometer - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Re:Remedy,Cause & Cost Of Nonreading 05 Toyota Tacoma Auto Speedometer/odometer (1098 Views)

Help !!! Speedometer Reader/needle Not Moving When I Am Moving / Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working / Odometer: Kilometer Vs Miles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re:Remedy,Cause & Cost Of Nonreading 05 Toyota Tacoma Auto Speedometer/odometer by loptos(m): 3:12am On Aug 15, 2014
Hello gurus,what is the cause, remedy and cost to mend a non reading odometer/speedometer of 05 toyota tacoma access (auto) which stop reading suddenly.
Re: Re:Remedy,Cause & Cost Of Nonreading 05 Toyota Tacoma Auto Speedometer/odometer by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:28am On Aug 15, 2014
loptos: Hello gurus,what is the cause, remedy and cost to mend a non reading odometer/speedometer of 05 toyota tacoma access (auto) which stop reading suddenly.

Is your abs and traction warning lamp lit?
Re: Re:Remedy,Cause & Cost Of Nonreading 05 Toyota Tacoma Auto Speedometer/odometer by nurey(m): 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
@GAZZUZZ why did you ask that question please the reason I need to know is because when we bought our sienna 1st generation, the speedometer and odometer doesn't read and count also the D light for the gear will never come on even though the rest work and yes the abs light was ON, but after it was taken to be fixed everything works and the abs light was off. So I will like to know the relationship between the abs and the odo and speedo.
Re: Re:Remedy,Cause & Cost Of Nonreading 05 Toyota Tacoma Auto Speedometer/odometer by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
Speed sensors are located on the wheels for your particular model, work with abs. If sensor is bad or damaged there will be no speed readings, no abs, no traction control and a host of other abnormalities.

In other older toyotas its a seprate sensor located on top gear box. Ususally with 3 pins.

In extreemly old toyotas e.g carinaII its a cable.
Re: Re:Remedy,Cause & Cost Of Nonreading 05 Toyota Tacoma Auto Speedometer/odometer by nurey(m): 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
In Iya basirats voice tank who ooh GAzZuZzU
Re: Re:Remedy,Cause & Cost Of Nonreading 05 Toyota Tacoma Auto Speedometer/odometer by loptos(m): 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
Thanks Gazzuss, only the brakelight indicator show on and stable till the truck is switch off
Re: Re:Remedy,Cause & Cost Of Nonreading 05 Toyota Tacoma Auto Speedometer/odometer by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
loptos: Thanks Gazzuss, only the brakelight indicator show on and stable till the truck is switch off

Have vehicle scanned with a high end scanner that can scan body modules.
Re: Re:Remedy,Cause & Cost Of Nonreading 05 Toyota Tacoma Auto Speedometer/odometer by loptos(m): 11:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
It shows check engine and brake light indicator now
Re: Re:Remedy,Cause & Cost Of Nonreading 05 Toyota Tacoma Auto Speedometer/odometer by loptos(m): 8:40am On Jan 18, 2016
I changed all the fuse eg 7.5 10 15 20 & 30 besides the driver side and the odometer start reading. Thanks to all the Gurus in the house

(1) (Reply)

Serious Vibration On Car Body / Can I Renew My License At Mile 2? / Toyota Compressor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.