Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Jumia Employment Ordeal - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jumia Employment Ordeal (1643 Views)

Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware / Would You Give Blowjobs For 100k Monthly? Twitter User Narrates Ordeal / The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Employment Ordeal by adepiero: 1:28am On Sep 17, 2014
Hi guys,
so I wrote the Jumia interview for the post of customer care. for those that have written a Jumia interview before knows its in three stages and you have to pass a current stage before being qualified for the next and if not, you get evicted.
I wrote my exam on Tuesday and thanks to God, I was able to scale through every stage till the last because I saw my score for each and it was a pass mark. so many people were rejected and screened out until we were seven candidates left and finally a lady was picked for a job that wasn't even in our category of the interview while a guy was told to wait behind and the rest of us were told to go.
My question is, what is the essence of making us go through interview, succeed to the final stage and then told to go? if we weren't worth it, we won't get to the last stage and if the position is only available for one person, why was it not communicated in the job advert?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Employment Ordeal by Onyenezide: 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Because this is Nigeria. A country where inconsideration abounds. U are not d only one this has happened to. We r many out there. It has happened twice to me. Just like what u experienced, the pain is this, y wud they allow pple go tru such, allow us to waste our time, money n energy, but at d end of the day, they ve dia own "select" candidates amongst d job seekers who dey wud pick at d end, when u know very well that u passed. Really SMH 4 dis country. Corruption is already at d root.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Employment Ordeal by Obeenah(m): 8:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
My dear, that's what you get for the massive supply of graduates trying to get the few available jobs. I attended the recently conducted interview at the jobmag Centre for a customer service representative. Over 500 people came for the interview. Turns out it was for a laundry outfit, even worse was the interview was crap as the dude who interviewed me was more concerned with having his lunch than actually conducting an efficient interview.
Re: Jumia Employment Ordeal by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
U could ave no that customer care is for ladies. See am nt suprise that they choose a lady ave dione d interview before. I even ave interview to attend again in jumia but is anoder deartment which is ORDER process nextweek wednesday So jumia work is nt new to me. .. They do there interview base on setilment. Expecially.. Customer care deartment..
Re: Jumia Employment Ordeal by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
adewumiopeyemi: U could ave no that customer care is for ladies. Seee am nt suprise that they choose a lady ave dione d interview before. I even am interview to attend again in jumia but is anoder deartmewnt which is ORDER process netweek wed. Becvause it was pospone on tuesday toi nextweek. So jumia work is nt new to me.
I dey sorry 4 u

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Employment Ordeal by singlefade25(f): 10:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
adewumiopeyemi: U could ave no that customer care is for ladies. Seee am nt suprise that they choose a lady ave dione d interview before. I even am interview to attend again in jumia but is anoder deartmewnt which is ORDER process netweek wed. Becvause it was pospone on tuesday toi nextweek. So jumia work is nt new to me.
SMH for you.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Employment Ordeal by adepiero: 11:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
after reading ur comment, I can understand why you were not called. work on ur sef bro, Wednesday still far.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Employment Ordeal by Evergreen4(m): 11:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
what are u writing, are u sure u passed through school?

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Employment Ordeal by sevantex(m): 7:24am On Sep 18, 2014
...I felt veri sad after readin dis post..,Guy, abeg improve urself oo.,kai!

(1) (Reply)

Tokslordmart Limited / Pls Kindly Confirm This Who Else Got It / Vacancy For Field Marketing / Sales Representative For Petroleum Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.