Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:48 AM

Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? (25785 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Siasia Or Oliseh-who Is Better? / Siasia Or Keshi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by megacity: 11:31am On Sep 27, 2014
The best news I have heard for sometime concerning Nigerian football is the report that Sampson Siasia is on the line to replace Keshi. Anyone that watched Siasia's teams to the U-20 world cup in 2005 and the Olympics in 2008 will understand how technically and tactically savvy he is as a coach. Siasia's Super Eagles also played with flair, created plenty scoring chances, scored plenty goals and infact never lost to any African opposition. Siasia's critics will say that he failed to quality Nigeria for the 2012 AFCON, the truth about that failure however is that it was not solely Siasia's doing. Ever before he became Super Eagles coach, a certain Austin Eguavoen already played and lost a crucial qualifying game in Guinea!

On the other hand, Keshi's Super Eagles has often looked bereft of any sound technical input from the bench. His team has found it difficult scoring goals and even clear-cut scoring chances have been hard to come by. To Keshi's credit, he did win the AFCON but even in that competition, his team as usual found it difficult to score goals even against the lowest teams. Keshi too has been fortunate with the fixtures. In the last round of the world cup qualifiers, his team was paired against the lowest ranked team that qualified for that round. Since qualifying for the world cup, Keshi's team has only managed to win one game in no less than ten games!

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by RoyalRoy(m): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2014
Very nice write-up from the Op.

Technical ability of Siasia is way ahead of Keshi.
Only sentimental Nigerians will rate Keshi ahead of Sia-1
cool cool cool

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by rayblast(m): 11:56am On Sep 27, 2014
keshi should pls go and rest.From d list he released dis man Keshi knows ntin about d Supereagles if u can invite a Player from da chinese league why is lukman haruna nt on ur list?Ike uche,rabiu,mba,iheanacho,yahaya.aiyenugba,Greg Etafia, stil beta off Ejide and Agbim

13 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by ITbomb(m): 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
If this is true then it would be the best thing to happen to Nigerian football in recent times.

I used to enjoy Siasia matches, full of attacking and scoring chances, while Keshi would sit helplessly on the bench and after the match he said that he knew Nigeria would loss

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Raiders: 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2014
RoyalRoy: Very nice write-up from the Op.

Technical ability of Siasia is way ahead of Keshi.
Only sentimental Nigerians will rate Keshi ahead of Sia-1
cool cool cool
you are the one with sentiments. What did Siasia achieved with super eagles. Can you compare Kechi achievements with Siasia? How many tournaments have Siasia won? How many teams have Siasia qualify to the world cup? Has Siasia taken a team to the round of 16 in a world cup? Has Siasia won the best coach in Africa award? Let the records speak for themselves

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Emmysteve(m): 9:59am On Sep 28, 2014
Why is Siasia still jobless? Not even coaching a NPFL side. Please don't compare Siasia with Keshi abeg.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 8:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
I don't understand why we Nigerians have short memories no wonder our leaders keep tossing us around. o p dis ur article is based on what? how can you compare a coach who couldn't qualify us to afcon to a coach who had successfully qualified two different countries to d world cup.
Abeg Keshi and Siasia no be mate for coaching jooor.

O p which one do u prefer? ? play sexily and loose or play dirty and win.i think JOSE MOURINHO and DIEGO SIMEONE would choose d latter.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by chucky234(m): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
Siasia's team to the U20 World cup in Egypt was the worst U20 team Nigeria ever put together, Samson is overrated.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by ROCKJ1(m): 1:22am On Sep 29, 2014
Keshi is far better... remember he qualified 2 other African countries too... he picks results everywhere he goes. he is African Maurinho. It's just that his spirit has left Nigeria and he is doing anyhow now.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by vickylinco(m): 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
all of una wey dey rate samson higher, dont forget that most of those players are over-age and some of then are technically gifted at that time like mikel. if you look at heartland football club when he was in charge, no overage players because it is a club. he was sacked as usual. this players you are all clamouring for to be included in keshi's plan are very proud of themselves. check most of there matches in the super eagles, like uche at the last nations cup. I think we need to join hand with keshi to build a formidable team. Germany team was not build in a day o.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by megacity: 11:51am On Oct 01, 2014
onyeomaonyeoma: I don't understand why we Nigerians have short memories no wonder our leaders keep tossing us around. o p dis ur article is based on what? how can you compare a coach who couldn't qualify us to afcon to a coach who had successfully qualified two different countries to d world cup.

O p which one do u prefer? ? play sexily and loose or play dirty and win.i think JOSE MOURINHO and DIEGO SIMEONE would choose d latter.

Siasia won most of his matches. You can't play up to world cup and Olympic finals if you are not winning

13 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by wordychap: 4:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
onyeomaonyeoma: I don't understand why we Nigerians have short memories no wonder our leaders keep tossing us around. o p dis ur article is based on what? how can you compare a coach who couldn't qualify us to afcon to a coach who had successfully qualified two different countries to d world cup.

Siasia never lost any match towards d qualification to afcon 2012 and we had convincing wins during his time, his problem was inheriting a difficult qualifying situated eagles. Siasia shouldn't b told to replace keshi, let keshi finish d mess he's started n after we fail to qualify for afcon, siadia should come in let me see how he wouldn't turn our fortunes for d better.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by fujirice: 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
I like Siasia's style more than Keshi's but I've not failed to support the later anyways.

8 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 12:36am On Oct 02, 2014
megacity:

Siasia won most of his matches. You can't play up to world cup and Olympic finals if you are not winning
And how did Keshi won the afcon trophy by loosing matches abi?
wait ooo which world cup are you talking about? mind u dat under 20 and Olympics teams are under age touney.

3 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by ITbomb(m): 7:39am On Oct 02, 2014
In other news, the new NFF President has a different opinion on Keshi
www.nairaland.com/1929552/new-nff-president-vs-stephen
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 03, 2014
the same siasia nigerians stoned....smh

difference is this time when he fails they won't miss

3 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Britzdon(m): 12:38am On Oct 03, 2014
shockwave91: the same siasia nigerians stoned....smh

difference is this time when he fails they won't miss
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Britzdon(m): 12:40am On Oct 03, 2014
tomorrow y'all will still say keshi is better,I'm just tired of people and their critics which has got no remedy #smh

3 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Emmysteve(m): 7:56am On Oct 03, 2014
Britzdon: tomorrow y'all will still say keshi is better,I'm just tired of people and their critics which has got no remedy #smh
I just dey observe their foolishness. Should Keshi get sacked and replaced with Siasia, give them three months and you see how they would term Keshi as better than Siasia. Nonsense!

9 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
I forsee coach Manu Garba superseding their records.. He is better than both Keshi and Siasia technically... We all see what lads did at the U. A. E... they play an all attacking football with flair like the catalonia.. They attack like a swarm of bees.. He is a coach that select players based on present form not on sentiment.. He is still building his team everyday.. I forsee him winning the coveted under 20 world cup that has eluded us for a pretty long time... He will lead the super eagles to Russia 2018 and do better than Keshi and Westerhoof... My two coins though...

12 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by AOB1963: 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
Siasia they are clamouring is a dwarf in coaching at the senior level compared to Keshi and they know it. Keshi has unearthed more new talents than any coach before him. We are singing the praises of Onazi, Musa, Omeruo, Babatunde, Oboabona and Oshaniwa today because Keshi preferred them to the known 'stars'. Keshi is a true promoter of Nigerian and African football. All these he has done without the need to engage or rely on the input of an 'Oyinbo' technical adviser like Siasia did.
Even with this AFCON qualifiers, as usual, Keshi tends to start slowly but he will finish well. At the last AFCON he started with 2 draws and by the 3rd match, the Vultures were already circling him to tear him up, yet he won that cup. At the last CHAN, he started with a defeat, and ended up with a Bronze medal. At the World cup, we struggled against Iran and still ended up in the last 16 ahead of the likes of Ivory Coast, England and Spain. He will not only qualify us for AFCON, he and the boys will defend the title. Let us not get carried away with the dooms day prophets and their fifty-kobo journalists, most of them have personal (non-football) issues with Keshi, so what do we expect them to say that is new.

10 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Goke7: 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
Daninya1: I forsee coach Manu Garba superseding their records.. He is better than both Keshi and Siasia technically... We all see what lads did at the U. A. E... they play an all attacking football with flair like the catalonia.. They attack like a swarm of bees.. He is a coach that select players based on present form not on sentiment.. He is still building his team everyday.. I forsee him winning the coveted under 20 world cup that has eluded us for a pretty long time... He will lead the super eagles to Russia 2018 and do better than Keshi and Westerhoof... My two coins though...

This is what we all said of siasia then with the u-20 and u-23 then, the senior national team is a different ball game, Iheanacho palyed for an academy as an u-17 player but in the super eagles shirt he is a man city player manu garba cannot handle him now with way he handled him back in u-17, that is why in most countries coaches of the underage teams are left alone to continue to build new talents, most failed when they get promoted to the senior sides

3 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by shanktang(m): 9:08am On Oct 04, 2014
Handling a senior national team is totally a different ball game, to an under age team, where u have all the time in the world to work with, keeping all the players in camp for a long period and tutoring them on what to do, travelling together, playing so many friendly games, u have all the time to understand their psyche, personality traits, and their movements on the ball, so you know how to use them, with the senior national team it is different, where you have to prepare your team for a match within three days of having a full house, and for a tournament, at most two weeks, time is never on your side in the seniors, so there's no parallel at all, you just can't compare them, that's the reason siasia failed in his first attempt at the national team, co's he was never prepared for the huge difference, the same reason a manu garba will fail, in his first attempt, it takes a lot more technical indept, more tact, patience, organization, and ability to harness scarce resources, to succeed at that level, its not a cadet thing, so let's not compare them at all, let's give keshi the respect, considering the fact that no local coach that has acted in that capacity has succeeded b4 now, even some of them running their mouth now have been their b4 but recorded collosal failure. This man does have his dark spots definitely but for me he has given us something.

5 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 04, 2014
Goke7:

This is what we all said of siasia then with the u-20 and u-23 then, the senior national team is a different ball game, Iheanacho palyed for an academy as an u-17 player but in the super eagles shirt he is a man city player manu garba cannot handle him now with way he handled him back in u-17, that is why in most countries coaches of the underage teams are left alone to continue to build new talents, most failed when they get promoted to the senior sides
There was a guy better than Kelechi iheanancho called bernard bulbwa.. He was putting him to the bench.. But he failed the MRI scan... Manu Garba is not a kind of coach to toy with.. No player in his squad is indispensable.. Taiyo awoniyi fit into Isaac success shoe when he was injured netting 4 goals in the tournament.. He is not Keshi that can't do without mike.. He looks at current form not club side. Iheanancho knows that pretty well and he keeps telling the media about it...

5 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sambisa Oops! Siasia! I believe his leaving the S.E was borne out of conspiracy by some players and official to sabottage his effort. That guy has done wonders with the flying eagles in steady succession.

7 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by QMark: 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
none
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Babyboy1986(m): 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
U try

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by ggrin(f): 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
Team keshi cool

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by datguru: 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
NONE

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
Any one of them that will do a great job.
However, they have both being given their chances and I think Keshi has proven to be better than Siasia but Keshi is not necessarily a good coach.

What Nigeria needs now is about who can produce results.
In politics or any position of power generally. Even as an employee.

We need result oriented people lest we remain in a perpetual state of abject backwardness that we are.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Ojestas(m): 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
Keshi. I like the fact that he's strict.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Beehshorp(m): 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
None is better they are both poo we need

David Moyes

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th / What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend / Anthony Joshua Awarded Order Of The British Empire (OBE) Medal By Prince Charles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.