Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

--deleted-- - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / --deleted-- (3017 Views)

The Mods Had It Deleted: See The Tracking Number / deleted / deleted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

--deleted-- by CVWizards(m): 11:13am On Oct 09, 2014
--deleted--

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: --deleted-- by mperoakeem(m): 11:19am On Oct 09, 2014
comin bak 2 comment... Stil readin
Re: --deleted-- by priscaoge(f): 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2014
Noted!
Re: --deleted-- by yetunsbay(m): 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
@op,
this I mst confess is a well-tutored write up which is beneficial to all job seekers & undergraduates.
My question is that based on current happenings in our country about getting a job with my understanding which most undergraduates do not have knowledge about.What is Life after school- most especially securing a befitting and respectable job,the expectations,looks of getting employed based on your experience?
What advice can you render to an undergraduate? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: --deleted-- by courage54(m): 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2014
This is absolutely truth.
But in Nigeria context saying or not saying those words does not guarantee you the job, if you dont no anybody. Anybody that truly wants to give you a job won't care about what you study in school. Is only those that don't have "level" that will be telling you that they wish you study a particular course or another. even when u give them the degree they wish you had,You will still hear words like ,i wish u make a 2.1, when u even make that 2.1 they will still say they wish is a first class, what about when u get that first class, they will still ask you to go for your masters first maybe before you finish that masters they would have retired, it is then you will no the true meaning of trust no man. My people before you go for any interview just pray for God GRACE. that is all.

4 Likes

Re: --deleted-- by tr3y(m): 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
Nice write-up
Re: --deleted-- by CVWizards(m): 8:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
tr3y:
Nice write-up
Thanks.
Re: --deleted-- by Samneer: 10:55pm On Oct 09, 2014
Nice one!

But a don hear, I dey come back
Re: --deleted-- by CVWizards(m): 5:48am On Oct 21, 2014
courage54:
This is absolutely truth.
But in Nigeria context saying or not saying those words does not guarantee you the job, if you dont no anybody. Anybody that truly wants to give you a job won't care about what you study in school. Is only those that don't have "level" that will be telling you that they wish you study a particular course or another. even when u give them the degree they wish you had,You will still hear words like ,i wish u make a 2.1, when u even make that 2.1 they will still say they wish is a first class, what about when u get that first class, they will still ask you to go for your masters first maybe before you finish that masters they would have retired, it is then you will no the true meaning of trust no man. My people before you go for any interview just pray for God GRACE. that is all.
Yes, God's grace is what everyone needs. Not only for interviews, but in everything we do.

1 Like

Re: --deleted-- by sholay2011(m): 6:34am On Oct 21, 2014
Thumbs up to OP, even though I knew everything mentioned here before...just by intuition.

But the first interview I went to, they requested for my age oh. Since I believed it wouldn't work against me anyway, I told them shaperly.

In short, the article here is just a guide, especially for saner climes like developed and more professional countries. But for naija, you've got to be flexible.

All is well with job seekers. God will crown the hustle.
Re: --deleted-- by opeyemmmy(m): 7:06am On Oct 21, 2014
sholay2011:
Thumbs up to OP, even though I knew everything mentioned here before...just by intuition.

But the first interview I went to, they requested for my age oh. Since I believed it wouldn't work against me anyway, I told them shaperly.

In short, the article here is just a guide, especially for saner climes like developed and more professional countries. But for naija, you've got to be flexible.

All is well with job seekers. God will crown the hustle.

That about sums everything up.

I've been to an executive chat where I was asked if I was a christian and 'born again'. Lighthearted as the question seemed, I had to answer in affirmative.

So, going by the words of OP, I should have turned down the question from who would eventually turn out to be my employer? Not like the question mattered, but hey, I had to answer.
Re: --deleted-- by sholay2011(m): 8:04am On Oct 21, 2014
opeyemmmy:

That about sums everything up.

I've been to an executive chat where I was asked if I was a christian and 'born again'. Lighthearted as the question seemed, I had to answer in affirmative.

So, going by the words of OP, I should have turned down the question from who would eventually turn out to be my employer? Not like the question mattered, but hey, I had to answer.
On point. wink
Re: --deleted-- by timilehing(m): 8:53am On Oct 21, 2014
More to be done at interviewing stage than the job itself
Re: --deleted-- by lillybk: 11:48am On Oct 21, 2014
Good one!!!
Re: --deleted-- by Topewealth: 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2014
Nice write up!

Hope ur service charge is on your website!
Re: --deleted-- by CVWizards(m): 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
Topewealth:
Nice write up!

Hope ur service charge is on your website!
Yes, on the Order CV page.
Re: --deleted-- by Estorico: 10:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
Please @ op there's just one thing I really don't understand as regards all you said. They are all nice and educating except for one area I really need you to shed more light. Are you saying when am asked in an interview how old I am I should tell the interview that its after I have been hired before I could provide such answer? Hmm, some interviewers might not take that likely to me and I really don't think its appropriate to say that. They have every right to know your age. Please,kindly correct me with enough reasons on this area if am wrong. Thanks

1 Like

(1)

Delta State Job Creation Office Opens Registration For Unemployed Graduates / Job Vacancy In Ibadan: Skilled|semi Skilled|unskilled - Ibadan Jobs In One Place / Invitation For Interview By Afconrecruit For Amber Drinks Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.