Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

[deleted] - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / [deleted] (1262 Views)

Nairaland's Alexa Rank Dropping (Very Worried!). / Alexa Rank Under 200k / Top 10 Nigerian websites according to Alexa Rank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[deleted] by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 28, 2014
[deleted]

1 Like

Re: [deleted] by braine(m): 9:20am On Nov 28, 2014
Well, other sites are upgrading. While Nairaland has basically been the same.
Re: [deleted] by Ambrogio(m): 9:38am On Nov 28, 2014
Re: [deleted] by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
braine:
true
Re: [deleted] by eliteweb(m): 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
Very few interesting topics this days...

Think thats a major factor
Re: [deleted] by Gyarados(m): 3:27am On Nov 29, 2014
braine:

it's true.. Bro, :-)
Re: [deleted] by bizfirst: 4:39am On Nov 29, 2014
Alexa is one complex popularity metrix I bet only in house staff of the company truly understand...on and off like Nigeria's PHCN. My bet, however, is that fewer webmasters are visiting the site these days.
Re: [deleted] by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
[deleted]
Re: [deleted] by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
Seun osewa - u done offend us like ur name angry
Re: [deleted] by fattbabakay(m): 7:43am On Nov 30, 2014
Just here wondering hw dat affects u.....
Re: [deleted] by bizfirst: 12:30am On Dec 01, 2014
TheNaijan:

No it's not only the toolbar it uses to measure a site's metrics... Sites in the top 200,000 are quite accurate.

Used to believe so too - till I carried out a little experiment; believe me, the toolbar accounts for more than 90% of Alexa's raw data source (that is if there's a 10% somewhere).
Re: [deleted] by onatisi(m): 10:51am On Dec 01, 2014
I think the problem can be attributed to 2 main issues. One is technology development and advancement in nigeria,when nairaland first started there was virtually no other forum or website like it,even many newsdailies didn't have their own website ,but now all that has changed and new forums with new ideas keep coming out on a daily basis,thereby creating alternative options for people. The second reason is nairaland site quality and content, to be honest many people have left nairaland because of insults and abuses from people which had and have gone unchecked. Many people have been blaclmailed by some members of nairaland who will threaten to reveal their pictures or spread stories about them on nairaland. Respoonsible people have seen that staying on nairaland may be dangerous to the name and integrity. A case happened yesterday where someone pasted the pictures of a lady and her name plus phone number on nairaland in at least 3 sections claiming the lady stole his iphone6 but upon scrutiny it was discovered that the accused was to blame . There was a time in the politics sections ppl were and they are still posting pictures of family members of anyone opposing their views. Believe me this is enough to drive many people away from nairaland. It is obvious seun is busy with other things so he doesn't know about these things. Then the last is the advertising area, gone were those days when nairaland used to be the only free place to advertise ur goods and services ,now all that has changed ,there are many sites which are looking for ppl to advertise their goods and services for free and ppl have started going to them. Lastly is development, to be honest ,nairaland hasn't advanced much or expanded .with the huge number of member it has ,nairaland should have gotten other websites by now. It isn't a bad idea if nairaland has a news websites ,the huge traffic it enjoins here would have driven the traffic to that site and made that site a sought after place for advertisers. There are many things nairaland could,would and should have done to consolidate it rankings and positions . But like I said earlier it seems seun has other ideas and opinion. We will just have to sit back and see how it all unfolds .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: [deleted] by LORDI(m): 10:57am On Dec 01, 2014
Nairaland hasn't develop na,still the same colour,atleast the site should upgraded,seun hasn't been doing much,..maybe he has other plans.
Re: [deleted] by totomod(f): 11:35am On Dec 01, 2014
All this one na yearn, Seun is still making his money and fly around the world with what nairaland is generating, because he knows you are all adicted to nairaland and half its member cant leave grin
Re: [deleted] by Seun(m): 11:36am On Dec 01, 2014
The same yada yada.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: [deleted] by GodMode: 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
^^^^^^ nairaland is going down on alexa... Don't let your ads money get to your head...

1 Like

Re: [deleted] by Djicemob: 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
Seun:
The same yada yada.
Yea, all these alexa threads are boring already.
Re: [deleted] by Seun(m): 1:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
Yes, I am acutely aware of the Alexa situation and I'm currently making a lot of changes behind the scenes. So don't worry, we might be fine.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: [deleted] by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
Space booked (in case e reach FP)
Re: [deleted] by RothmasPop: 11:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
Seun:
Yes, I am acutely aware of the Alexa situation and I'm currently making a lot of changes behind the scenes. So don't worry, we might be fine.
The Boss has Spoken!
Re: [deleted] by fleps(m): 11:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
Seun:

Yes Seun. The changes are good but may not account to up to 60% of what's wrong. You see on the other thread I said my site was going up and now to 3500 from 2000. But today after implementing an advice you gave to Jarus in one other thread (Content is King. Advertise your content instead of your website because when you have good content, people will have to go through your website to get and read the content)

Today I'm 1,927. I share my articles on LinkedIn where I know more of the users will be interested to read and probably have Alexa toolbar installed. If by any case I rank more than Nairaland tomorrow, I will never say it is traffic thingy.

Where I work, something was done. The Alexa toolbar was installed on the computer of every old, new, and even incoming employees. Let all mods install the tool bar and if there's a way to ask or plead with nairalanders to enable or install the toolbar you can do it or you can develop a Nairaland toolbar and integrate Alexa into it.

Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How I Started Blogging- Muhammed Tosin Abdullahi / Any Web Designer Or Web Developer In Anambra Mainly Onitsha, Nkpor Or Awka / Need A Project Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.