Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

X Factor 2008 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / X Factor 2008 (1195 Views)

DJ Switch Wins Glo X Factor [PHOTOS] / 12-year-old Boy With Amazing Voice On Glo X Factor / X-Factor Auditions (Port-Hacourt/Abuja) - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

X Factor 2008 by uzygirl(f): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2008
Any Nairalander watching X Factor 2008?

It's on to the semifinals now and I'm rooting for Alexandra to win, she gave me goose pipmles with her rendition of listen and got all the judges including Simon on their feet in a standing ovation. Absolutely love JLS but I don't think a band can win this year. Diana is too quirky and Eoghan (pronounced Owen) is just a sweet kid.

A shame ruth got voted off last nite, she was way better than diana.
Re: X Factor 2008 by mohawkchic(f): 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2008
~Been watching since it started,I wasnt too gutted when Ruth got voted out however i was ever so gutted when Laura was voted out & Ruth saved!!I was hoping Laura will make it to the finals!!

~I kinda hoped Rachel will sing the right song but i suppose it wasnt meant to be for her!!

~Loving JLS too,me think they have a career cut out when the show's over,they wont have much competition,cant think of any black boy band here anyways undecided

~I like Daina's quirkness,the movement of her hands when she sings . . .

~ I aint feeling Eoghan tho . . .

~Nooow Alex,well goes to show,as they say in my country "water way nar for you,no go run pass you" there was a reason she dint make it last time,this right here is the reason!It'll be awesome if she wins!!
Re: X Factor 2008 by maedan(f): 11:19pm On Dec 06, 2008
Yeeahh! Diana's out, with her quirky claws. Didn't know she was so popular with the others though, Egg-face was totally gutted. Whatever. JLS to win, or else!!! Love Alex, but she wants to win too much. Doesn't she know she doesn't need the X-factor prize to make it? she's a star no matter what happens. So, JLS to win!!!
Re: X Factor 2008 by mohawkchic(f): 7:09pm On Dec 09, 2008
~Am w/ you on JLS!! After T-H-A-T Performance on saturday,I cant get their version of Umbrella off my head!!Am begining to think it could swing either Alex's way or JLS!!

~Me think they'll winners!!Just wished Laura was still in,wud have given Alex some competition!! Not much competition this year!! They all wud prolly get signed after the show!!
Re: X Factor 2008 by HRhotness(f): 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2008
I hav no idea why Eoghan is still in, his vocals arent all that. . .

was gutted when Diana was voted out, she was my fav, quirkiness and all. . . i guess d british public reckons she's already gotten a record deal anyways

i suspect Alex wld win, her vocals r amazing. . . she delivers an awesome performance every week!

JLS will do well wether they win or not. . . they r so likable
Re: X Factor 2008 by maedan(f): 11:49pm On Dec 09, 2008
People are sceptical about JLS - they think Aston (the smallest, lead vocal) is the only one with a great voice. And Alex is being haunted by a sex video held by her ex-lover, so bad press can get in her way of winning. I choose JLS because they really need a break. Also, Marvin is so darned cute I can't help but wish him well!

PS-Oritse is Nigerian(i believe) so that's another thing. Heard he has a crush on Alex (they all do), and that she's dating one of them. That girl sure works fast!!!
Re: X Factor 2008 by candylips(m): 1:30pm On Dec 10, 2008
All these singing shows are they just plain boring
Re: X Factor 2008 by mohawkchic(f): 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2008
maedan:

People are sceptical about JLS - they think Aston (the smallest, lead vocal) is the only one with a great voice.
And Alex is being haunted by a sex video held by her ex-lover, so bad press can get in her way of winning. I choose JLS because they really need a break. Also, Marvin is so darned cute I can't help but wish him well!

PS-Oritse is Nigerian(i believe) so that's another thing. Heard he has a crush on Alex (they all do), and that she's dating one of them. That girl sure works fast!!!

~Oh Dear!! Peeps will be a dam hypocrite if they don't vote for her just b/c she did some sex Vid!!that will be like cheating her the victory!!

~Dam,what is it w/ the British public & exposing skeletons in cupboards as soon as someone they know make it big/or get on TV? angry

~Whats going on w/ Diana & Eoghan? am sure i saw something about her breaking it off w/ her b/f on the yahoo homepage undecided they've all got the hookup going on!! i see one of the girls from the groups girlband is dating Simon from the band Blue !!
Re: X Factor 2008 by maedan(f): 11:37pm On Dec 12, 2008
@mohawkchic,

almost everyone that's left the show had bad press before they left: Laura was rumoured to be dating one of the show's execs - the next week, she left. Rachel's brother is in jail for murder, that was in the press too. She left soon enough. Diana's story is that, she lied about her throat illness or something. Now she's out. The press always have something to do with it! These are young people, why can't they let these kids be? Now sweet Alex is being threatened by an ex - and the press are eating it all up!! Not fair at all.

mohawkchic:

~Whats going on w/ Diana & Eoghan? am sure i saw something about her breaking it off w/ her b/f on the yahoo homepage undecided they've all got the hookup going on!! i see one of the girls from the groups girlband is dating Simon from the band Blue !!

it's official, Diana has broken up with her boyfriend, and now she's with Eoghan. Only God knows what went on in that house!?!
Re: X Factor 2008 by mohawkchic(f): 1:53pm On Dec 13, 2008
maedan:

@mohawkchic,

almost everyone that's left the show had bad press before they left:
Laura was rumoured to be dating one of the show's execs - the next week, she left.
Rachel's brother is in jail for murder, that was in the press too. She left soon enough. Diana's story is that, she lied about her throat illness or something. Now she's out. The press always have something to do with it! These are young people, why can't they let these kids be? Now sweet Alex is being threatened by an ex - and the press are eating it all up!! Not fair at all.

it's official, Diana has broken up with her boyfriend, and now she's with Eoghan. Only God knows what went on in that house!?!

~Was flipping thro an ole mag at my GP when i read about Laura's story!!I had no idea!! neither was i aware of Rachel's bad press till it was mentioned by the Judges on the show!!

~They certainly got mushy mushy in there!! grin @ Diana & Eoghan!!

~Its D-D-A-Y today!! cheesy . . I'll be cheering on JLS . . Alex is a diva already,she'll be alright,me thinks JLS needs it more!!
Re: X Factor 2008 by maedan(f): 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2008
@mohawkchic,

I have to say it felt anticlimatic when Alex won. I just thought a boyband deserved to win this year. The way Alex acts like its tooo overwhelming sometimes gets on my nerves. She needs to have more poise and coolness. She almost ruined that Beyonce duet with her "Oh my God, I'm singing with Beyonce" antics. I'm proud of JLS for not crying or acting devastated, though they looked really sad. An overall predictable ending, another girl wins the X-Factor. undecided

PS, did anyone else think this was the best show ever though? The duets with Westlife and Boyzone were the high points of the whole series!! I could watch it a 100 times!!It was really cool.
Re: X Factor 2008 by lucabrasi(m): 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2008
didnt follow the whole thing soon as the voting started because of all the allegations of vote fixing and that, the performance of the girl with beyonce was really awesome plus simon cowell making it soo obvious he wanted the girl to win,if either the boyband or the white boy whatshisname won,they wouldn have had any chance breaking the maerican market,thats why simon cowell wanted the girl to win
Re: X Factor 2008 by maedan(f): 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2008
Don't mind those people, they almost spoiled their own show. Viewers are already losing faith in all these reality talent shows. Lucky for them the contestants were so interesting, noone could stop watching. But you're right that they could be fixing it. There's so much money involved, they can't afford to take risks so they twist the truth sometimes.
Re: X Factor 2008 by mohawkchic(f): 10:01pm On Dec 16, 2008
maedan:

@mohawkchic,

I have to say it felt anticlimatic when Alex won. I just thought a boyband deserved to win this year.
The way Alex acts like its tooo overwhelming sometimes gets on my nerves. She needs to have more poise and coolness. She almost ruined that Beyonce duet with her "Oh my God, I'm singing with Beyonce" antics. I'm proud of JLS for not crying or acting devastated, though they looked really sad. An overall predictable ending, another girl wins the X-Factor. undecided

PS, did anyone else think this was the best show ever though? The duets with Westlife and Boyzone were the high points of the whole series!! I could watch it a 100 times!!It was really cool.

~Jeez i thought it was only my nerves she got the best of!! angry She's a good actress that one . . puts on the best "self-doubt"act i havent seen in a while on Telly!!Just you wait & see!! before you know it,she'll be odering people around like the DIVA she is!! "Ooh my God" "Oh Wow" my foot!! Irritated the shit outta me so much my m8's told me to take a chill pill grin ~I was "Pu-lease" Knock it off already!!

~I hope JLS,Laura & Rachel gets the break they Deserve pretty soon!!
Re: X Factor 2008 by Tats(m): 10:48pm On Dec 16, 2008
I think Alexandra deserves to win. Great voice and voice projection and good entertainment performance, but I sometimes don't like the way she overacts. I didn't quite see the voice projection in JLS and Eoghan is better off doing High School musicals. cheesy Simon supports who will make money for him, period!  grin

Personally, I think people will vote for a guy as the winner if the guy is clearly outstanding. I still can get over Alexandra's rendition of Beyonce's Listen in the videos below. Have even gone on to purchase Beyonce's original track from Itunes as well as Alexandra's version of Hallelujah. She is better prepared now after Louis ejected her from the competition three years ago, so never give up your dream if you believe in it. She has stepped into her mother shoes as a great artiste or has even surpassed her. I really loved the Soul II Soul band in the 80's.

http://xfactor.itv.com/videos/video-detail/item_200555.htm
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ty3VGaQd18
Re: X Factor 2008 by maedan(f): 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2008
mohawkchic:

"Ooh my God" "Oh Wow" my foot!! Irritated the shit out of me so much my m8's told me to take a chill pill grin ~I was "Pu-lease" Knock it off already!!

I believe her words are usually "wow-wow-wow" at the end of every performance when she gets a standing ovation, or Simon tells her how great she is. grin
I adored her from the start, but then she really started to irk with the "i'm too modest for my shoes" act. In contrast, I prefer the way Diana reacts to praise, to me she's far more poised. Sorry to say, but in hindsight I think Alex is much too overated. She rocks as a poor man's Beyonce tho'!!

PS @ Tats, how much money do you really think she'll make? She'll never be another Leona, I predict she'll fizzle into oblivion in a few months. as for JLS , I figure they'll last the long haul - and make more hits, too!
Re: X Factor 2008 by XFio(m): 9:47pm On Dec 20, 2008
I really like Alexandra she has an amazing voice i'm glad she's won smiley

Re: X Factor 2008 by mohawkchic(f): 10:29pm On Dec 22, 2008
~Alex seem to be breaking records!! Download & Charts,Good for her!! Sure deserved the break!
Re: X Factor 2008 by MrCrackles(m): 10:31pm On Dec 22, 2008
mohawkchic:

~Alex seem to be breaking records!! Download & Charts,Good for her!! Sure deserved the break!

Itz all a fraud Mohawk believe me!
Re: X Factor 2008 by mohawkchic(f): 6:02am On Dec 23, 2008
MrCrackles:

Itz all a fraud Mohawk believe me!

~ shocked NoooOoo!!! Well if it is,we'll know when the dust settles down on the win! Winning is one thing,staying on top,Now thats the tough bit!!
Re: X Factor 2008 by MrCrackles(m): 10:52am On Dec 23, 2008
mohawkchic:

~ shocked NoooOoo!!! Well if it is,we'll know when the dust settles down on the win! Winning is one thing,staying on top,Now thats the tough bit!!

We shall see! cheesy wink have a merry xmas and a happy new year in advance!
Re: X Factor 2008 by mohawkchic(f): 12:32am On Dec 25, 2008
MrCrackles:

We shall see! cheesy wink have a merry xmas and a happy new year in advance!

~Ta MrCrackles . . Will defo have a merry X-mas!!. . Going on the bender in an Hr! Cant wait!!

~You have a good Chrimbo too whatever you do & A Fab 2009!!
Re: X Factor 2008 by MrCrackles(m): 12:35am On Dec 25, 2008
mohawkchic:

[/b]

~Ta MrCrackles . . Will defo have a merry X-mas!!. .  Going on the bender in an Hr! can't wait!!

~You have a good Chrimbo too whatever you do & A Fab 2009!!

No doubt Mohawk I am having a quiet one tonite tho coz m heading out to Naija later in the day, can't wait! grin cheesy

Hope the new year  brings more blessing catch u in the new year!

(1) (Reply)

Friends With Benefits / Nigerian Premiere Of "TULA, The Slave Revolt Epic" At 4th Eko Film Festival / ONTV And Its BOGUS Recharge Card!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.