Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,217 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria (46465 Views)

Russia Accuses Bill Gates Of Engineering The Zika Virus As A ‘Bioweapon’ / Rotary District Governor Mike Omotosho Walks To End Polio (photos) / Bill Gates Drinks 'Poop Water' (Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by hairyanus: 10:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
I simply know that i am not an enemy of progress. To that end, good news about Nigeria is what i look out for. I also know that Bill is to big to be bought...

We shall conquer polio. We shall conquer Bokoharam.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by blemon44(m): 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
GEJ forever

130 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by Ilekeh(f): 10:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
hairyanus:
I simply know that i am not an enemy of progress. To that end, good news about Nigeria is what i look out for. I also know that Bill is to big to be bought...

We shall conquer polio. We shall conquer Bokoharam.

Bill is only advertising his polio vaccines.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by EdCure: 10:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
God bless Nigeria and all friends of Nigeria!

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ilekeh:

WHO DID THIS TO YOU

257 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by hairyanus: 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ilekeh:

What kind of human being is this..Bros, polio is killing people in Northern Nigeria...you and your entire generation should manufacture like Bill and advertise in the north..i will patronise you...why your belle come bad like this...bad belle stagnates more than witches and wizards. Change before it kills you...This man has sank billions into polio that he never started and here you are reasoning from you a.nus

147 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by mesoade(m): 10:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
blemon44:
GEJ forever
guess your sister is not among those kidnapped by b.haram?

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by Built2last: 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Bill Gate has always supported Nigeria but corruption has not allowed polio to go...he has every right to be happy seeing the result of his investment

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by ziccoit: 10:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
You want to know what happened to where you are spending your money. Bill Gate has been heavily funding polio eradication program in Nigeria and some other countries.

Let me tell you, a single recorded case of polio in a country is a big issue and it means epidemic. So, finding 6 cases is actually not good.

12 Likes

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by blemon44(m): 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
mesoade:
guess your sister is not among those kidnapped by b.haram?

was it GEJ that kidnapped them?
do you think he is not doing anything about it?

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by waloma(m): 11:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
Lol

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by musicwriter(m): 11:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
All we need is embrace science and we would be able to solve our problems ourself. Isn't it a shame one man is trying to save a nation from polio?. Africa will continue being ridiculed and will continue depending on foreigners forever for solutions until we embrace science. I thank the man though for his help.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by omenti(m): 11:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
I smell Advert

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by SeverusSnape(m): 11:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
Thanks to this administration... At least let's commend them for this and others too. We have our short comings and we also have our achievements.

13 Likes

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by Promking: 11:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
Good news

by the way @OP....this your monicker sef undecided

2 Likes

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by Maczeelly(m): 11:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
Good news
Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by henryutd(m): 11:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
Okay
Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by MarieSucre(f): 11:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
Woow. good news. something positive in this year of negativity.

1 Like

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
#BRINGBACKOURWOMEN!

1 Like

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by helphelp: 11:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
A

1 Like

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
Good news indeed.

1 Like

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by benedima1990(m): 11:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
blemon44:
GEJ forever
Na sorry b your name.... mitcheeeeeew

15 Likes

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by youngice(m): 11:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
Is there a Santa Claus?

No known species of reindeer can fly. However, there are hundreds of thousands, even millions of species of living organisms yet to be classified. While most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen.

There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world. Since Santa doesn't (appear) to handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish & Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to 15% of the total - 378 million according to Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million homes. One presumes there's at least one good child in each.

Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with. This is due to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits/second.

This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has .001 seconds to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house.

Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are now talking about .78 miles/household, a total trip of 75.5 million miles; not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once ever 31 hours, plus feeding etc.

So Santa's sleigh must be moving at 650 miles/second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle on the earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second. A conventional reindeer can run, TOPS, 15 miles/hour.

The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-size Lego set (2 lb.); the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 lbs. Even granting that "flying reindeer" (see above) could pull 10 TIMES the normal amount, we cannot do the job with 8, or even 9 reindeer. We need 214,200. This increases the payload - not counting the weight of the sleigh to 353,430 tons. This is four times the weight of the ocean-liner Queen Elizabeth!!!

353,00 tons traveling at 650 miles/second creates enormous air resistance. This will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as a spacecraft reentering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 QUINTILLION joules of energy!!! Per second!!! Each!!! In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and creating deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within .00426th of a second. Meanwhile, Santa will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity, A 250 lb Santa (seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of this sleigh by 4,315,015 lbs. of force.

Therefore, if Santa ever DID deliver presents on Christmas Eve ... he's dead now.

Merry Christmas!
Yes we shall conquer it with windows

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by lilmax(m): 11:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
Okay
Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by bonechamberlain(m): 11:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
good for him and us

1 Like

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 11:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
ziccoit:
You want to know what happened to where you are spending your money. Bill Gate has been heavily funding polio eradication program in Nigeria and some other countries.

Let me tell you, a single recorded case of polio in a country is a big issue and it means epidemic. So, finding 6 cases is actually not good.
Are you OK?

5 Likes

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by dre11(m): 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
These are the kind of news I want to be hearing from my motherland.

How I wish we could all join hands and eradicate this deadly disease by the 2015......

Great work done by the health care personnel, NGOs and social workers in enlightenment, control and caring for the people who were affected.

1 Like

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by pweetixandy: 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
Soooo?? I dnt get it

1 Like

Re: Good News From Bill Gates About The Reduction Of Polio In Nigeria by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
Thanks bill. If we stand 2gether we will conquer boko haram like we did over ebola.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Patrick Eyaefe's Wife dies from snake bite hours after marrying / How Osun Recorded 14 Coronavirus Cases / COVID-19: FG Considering ‘Isolated Lockdowns’ As Cases Hit 5,621

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.