Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Between Religion, Ethnicity And Aso Rock – Timmy Akinyemi - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Between Religion, Ethnicity And Aso Rock – Timmy Akinyemi (446 Views)

Naps Demands The Immediate Removal Of Rector Over Seun Akinyemi's Death / Your Ethnicity And How You Say These In Your Language:- / Gej Vs Gmb : Aso Rock Champions League Final. (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between Religion, Ethnicity And Aso Rock – Timmy Akinyemi by kunledegreat(m): 8:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
I was wondering what could be the reason for this campaign by Bishop Oyedepo for the corrupt and coward administration of GEJ, this is getting too far and it has to stop, Why do our so called Christian leaders want to make themselves a source of political threat and an agent of divided Nigeria as a result of their religious sentiment due to their recent statement and involvement in the nations political atmosphere.

Nigerians abroad believe in a united Nigeria not a divided Nigeria, we need to put a stop to politics of religious sentiment and encourage a Nigeria where both Muslims and Christians we dine and wine on the same table, where our kids will grow together as friends and not foes, where both northerners and southerners will worship together without a fair of having an enemy at the door.

We do not encourage our religious members to slaughter anyone who look like a Bokoharam, without our life being in a significant danger, to justify the use of self defense that could be reasonably justify in the court of law because we don’t take laws in to our hands.

Encouraging this behavior will put our nation in more danger and will cause more division among the Christians and Muslims. We must remember that nigeria as a nation is not fighting against Islam and no Christian will ever fight against Islam but the nation is only cracking down against radical Islamist/extremists in the name of Bokoharam through our executive arms of government not a church affiliate.

Accepting this ideology of slaughtering anyone who looks like a bokoharam, will mean you will be slaughtering innocent Muslims with her jihab on or his tesibi in his hands and comes to worship in the church.

This ideas are unacceptable and should lack validity of support from Christians in their right thought – “Our Lord do not want the death of a sinner but to repent.”

We must encourage a Nigeria that is based on equity, justice and peace. We do not need to be religiously sentimental in our political choice, but should be guarded by our values, goals and the desire to move the nation forward.

I could understand better why a private jet of a prominent Christian leader was used to haul ammunition and money laundering, is as a result of religious sentiment. “Religion sentiment is not too far from an Islamic radicalism” (Segun Akinyemi, 2015).

To the Christians who were under such preaching or have heard such statement from our highly respected Christian leader, who do not experience hardship that the Nigerian youth are going through these days from our government, neither does he experienced what an average Nigerian goes through as a result of poverty that is ravaging our economy. Afterall, he is the richest pastor in the world and lives in luxury.

We need to make the decision to stop this stealing of public funds by our present administration, these are funds that could be use to create jobs for the youth and take care of our aging parents in the villages that expect to eat the fruit of their labor.

We have that choice to make come February 14. It’s unfortunate that we the youths have eyes but could not see, we have ears but could not hear and we are still embracing the ideology of these billionaires whose children’s never experience unemployment or poverty. Violence will not stop the problem, such ideology is as good as supporting the ideas of Asari Dokubo for a divided nigeria, God forbid.

America has a record of 32 victims of Islamic extremists since 9/11 which is significantly low to that of other western and European nation. This is because America respects the religion of their minority islams. Equity, justice and and respect must be given to all religion in order for us to have a peaceful society.

We do not need to be afraid of a leader Islamizing the nation in a democratic era. If GMB wants to do that, he would have done it during the military era when no one could stop him. Christians get rids of your fear, our Lord jesus Christ can fight for himself. We need to look beyond our religious affiliation and look towards to a better Nigeria that will be built on justice, equity, and egalitarianism for all citizens.

I have a dream, I can see a Nigeria where both kids, youth, and old will enjoy the dividends of democracy, I can see a Nigeria where there will be so much job that the youth will have to make a choice of which offer to take, I can see a Nigeria where our aging parents will have access to free and comprehensive care and respect, I can see a Nigeria where our uniform officers will be proud of serving their nation, I can see a Nigeria where women will be highly respected and be proud to be a woman, I can see a Nigeria where our politicians can seat comfortably among the members of the society without fear of being murdered by a political rival, I can see a Nigeria where our Aso Rock will not be restricted to certain political and economic class but will be open to every member of the society as tourist attractions to encourage them in achieving their dreams. I believe in a stronger, greater and United Nigeria. God bless the readers, God bless the leadership, God bless Nigeria.

By Timmy Akinyemi

(1) (Reply)

AIRTEL,MTN,ETISALAT Free Browsing / Checkout This Nigerian Partern Of 2bedroom Flat. / Opinion; Why Is This Exclusive To The Hausa's?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.