Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January (8126 Views)

Poll: Which team is getting all 3 points?

Manchester United: 44% (19 votes)
Chelsea: 30% (13 votes)
Draw: 25% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2016 On 11th January 2016 / Newcastle United Vs Manchester United (3 - 3) On 12th January 2016 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by Cristalz(f): 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2009
Manchester United host Chelsea this Sunday at Old Trafford, 16.00 GMT. That's 5pm Nigerian time.

Clashes between these two Premiership giants are always dramatic and this one promises to be no different. Sir Alex is greatly looking forward to getting a win over Phil Scolari's men.
With the exception of the injured Hargreaves, all his players are raring to go. Patrice Evra rejoins the team after serving his 4-match ban and is likely to start Sunday's game. Carlos Tevez is a starting doubt though, as Ferguson seems to have developed the habit to leaving him on the bench. Already there is an on-going debate over his future at United.
United have had a good home run so far this season and with everyone fit and eager to play ball, they will definitely put up a good fight to avoid the game ending in yet another draw.

Chelsea have been in good form of late, the draw to Southend in the 3rd round of the FA Cup notwithstanding. They might miss Wayne Bridge's absence on Sunday though, as Big Phil is rumored to have decided not to pair Nicholas Anelka and Didier Drogba in a two-man attack until he has a genuine left winger at his disposal. Florent Malouda, the only player that can play with his left foot is injured. Wayne Bridge would have been the next best choice, but he is no longer an option.

This is not good news for Joe Cole.  .  .he has been repeatedly benched by Scolari in past games, and is rumored to be angered by that. Scolari has favored the 4-4-3 formation so far, and Chelsea have won only 3 of their last 10 Premiership games. Perhaps he might consider pairing Anelka and Drogba this time, though that seems quite unlikely. It's not really a combo that works perfectly.

Both teams' defense will have their work cut out for 'em with the world-class strikers that'll be on display at both ends. This promises to be a battle of intelligence, skill and finesse, as both teams are very strong. United are current World Champions, and Chelsea is one tough team that play hardball when they put their minds to it.  .  .and they never give up till the final whistle.
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by Dclique(m): 4:13am On Jan 07, 2009
I thnk the both teams will settle for a draw.
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by AJITERU: 11:47am On Jan 07, 2009
I will not be surprise if the red devils triumph in this upcoming match. I predict 2-1 in favour of red devils.
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by mykali(m): 3:42pm On Jan 07, 2009
yeah, i'm a chelsea fan and all that, but instead of me sitting down to watch 90 minutes of anutha 4kin draw, United better win the match. maybe some idiots at Scattered Bridge will come to their sences. . . . angry angry angry
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by tjz: 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2009
i am neither chelsea nor man utd fan but i prefer both of you should play a draw so as to help my liverpool team to have more grasp on the league title after two decades
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by RuuDie(m): 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2009
The Blues are going down!!!
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by lawyer(m): 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2009
Its very important that they both play a draw so that Arsenal can steal 2 points from them. I am not in favour of anyone winning and i expect it to be a stale mate!
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by HorneyChic(f): 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2009
If chelsea can learn from derby, that would be a blessing, i mean if derby can, then we can.
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by Cristalz(f): 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2009
*rolling my eyes*

If Burnley could, then we sure as hell can grin
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by allboyz(m): 1:59am On Jan 08, 2009
my people this match had better end in a draw. . . it would be best for all teams,at least no breaking and bustling of bottles in certain areas of lagos.

Its will even favor my team too
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by Tgirl4real(f): 1:23pm On Jan 08, 2009
This will be a tough one sad
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by tocdee(m): 4:43pm On Jan 08, 2009
Liverpool fan here in peace. In the name of everything good, I hope:

1. The match ends in a goalless draw
2. Lampard and C. Ronaldo clash and get stretchered off. And return after 3 months apiece! grin

But seriously, i'd rather Chelsea won than the scum!
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by madskillz: 12:00am On Jan 09, 2009
cristalz nice topic u started, well even though I support Chelsea they havnt been doin so gud, nevertheless, u dnt stop n turn away when backed against the ropes, embarassed A miracle is awaitin ,
but I wouldnt like Man u to win, cos then I no go hear word!! cheesy
I have enuf friends Man Crazy!!!
so MAN U WIN LOL!
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by A40(m): 2:22am On Jan 09, 2009
A scoreless draw would be so fine!! my fantasy league points would go through the roof for sure so i am voting for a scoreless draw
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by elfeecee(m): 9:37am On Jan 09, 2009
Chelsea fullback Jose Bosingwa says they can stop Portugal teammate Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United on Sunday, he says that to stop Ronaldo is not easy but that at Chelsea there are people who know Ronaldo and who know how to stop him on the pitch of play.

Chelsea have taken only 10 points from their last seven League games — including draws with West Ham and Fulham. And last Saturday they were held by League One also-rans Southend in the FA Cup.

Chelsea FC and Man Utd will slug it out on Sunday 11th January 2009 by 5.00 pm Nigerian Time, lets see what will happen then
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by tkb417(m): 11:09am On Jan 09, 2009
a late goal by Tevez will seal it!!
2-1 it will end
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by Tgirl4real(f): 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2009
undecided undecided :p :p
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by mukina2: 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2009
Please will dere be any fights? grin

drogba Vs Vidic? grin grin
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by RuuDie(m): 5:10pm On Jan 09, 2009
mukina2:

Please will dere be any fights? grin

drogba Vs Vidic? grin grin

Thats a no-contest. . . . . 1 Vidic header and the bout is settled - that is if monsieur Didier is not "warming the bench" grin grin grin

Muki, who are putting your bet on

its g'onna be a RED SUNDAY
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by mukina2: 6:02pm On Jan 09, 2009
Ruudie grin grin grin

well a scoreless draw will be just fine, though i'll love to see some wrestling and some cards grin grin
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by mykali(m): 7:39pm On Jan 09, 2009
these evil chiks

cristalz, mukina, RuuDie

all anti chelsea.

chei we don suffer.
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by mufasa(m): 8:18pm On Jan 09, 2009
Chelsea fan here. Well to me this seems like a no contest. As much as i hate to admit this i think Manure is gonna give us a hiding on Sunday. They probably are wondering how come they got a draw at the Bridge last year whereas LFC and Assanal got 3 points. I might not watch the game cos i will be working but make Manure temper justice with mercy. And to Scolari, you ve made CFC so predictable and have turned chelsea into something else. We aint got no Plan B not to talk of Plan C. Once the fullbacks are out of the picture we cant do nothing.
He sold Wayne Bridge now, no replacement. What is he going to do with the money, No young player also breaking into the ranks. Chelsea don run me down gan this season even if we win the league i will know it aint by our doing. Nuff said. wink
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by Moonstone(f): 8:33pm On Jan 09, 2009
It's like this - Manchester United has not been playing too well in the most recent times but they will step it up a notch. Hopefully they will disgrace chelsea enough to subdue them on the table in the future.
Like RuuDie said, it's going to be a RED SUNDAY.
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by sheyee(m): 8:53pm On Jan 09, 2009
shattered bridge still gathering their pieces grin
The Devil will take the day 1-0

Up UNITED
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by Cristalz(f): 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2009
mykali:

these evil chiks

cristalz, mukina, RuuDie

all anti chelsea.

chei we don suffer.

RuuDie na chic? grin

I'm a saint o embarassed
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by cabali(m): 10:24pm On Jan 09, 2009
Who can tell me what Derby did right?
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by yomomen: 12:04am On Jan 10, 2009
i no dat chelsea will win.but wait do u guys no dat u can make big cash on the out com of this games am a living sacrifice i make cool money from football betting it is real.u can see my masters web-site he show me how to make money on football betting.www.nigeriabet.com.from abayomi.uniosun.08038467353.
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 10, 2009
Na bwin we dey bet. U be scam
Cheski 4 lyfe
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by A40(m): 11:19am On Jan 10, 2009
mufasa:

Chelsea fan here. Well to me this seems like a no contest. As much as i hate to admit this i think Manure is going to give us a hiding on Sunday. They probably are wondering how come they got a draw at the Bridge last year whereas LFC and Assanal got 3 points. I might not watch the game because i will be working but make Manure temper justice with mercy. And to Scolari, you ve made CFC so predictable and have turned chelsea into something else. We aint got no Plan B not to talk of Plan C. Once the fullbacks are out of the picture we can't do nothing.
He sold Wayne Bridge now, no replacement. What is he going to do with the money, No young player also breaking into the ranks. Chelsea don run me down gan this season even if we win the league i will know it aint by our doing. Nuff said. wink
Such honesty!! shocked shocked if only all Chelsea fans where like you
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by bigjose: 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2009
up-blues, chelsea will take the day curtsy of goal from didier drogba, but scolari have to be very careful with his defence that over lap too much, please pair drogba and anelka in the attack, blues 4 life
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by FBS: 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2009
Honestly, I don't know but hoping that Chelsea wins and big at Old Trafford.
Stoke should spring a surprise by winning today.
Re: Manchester United (3) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 11th January by madskillz: 5:44pm On Jan 10, 2009
@ mykali, Lol, enuff anti chelsea here!! not suprising considering chicks love anythin in RED

na una sabi, just watch the game and have fun!

Ps wink but still hopin Ronaldo, Rooney and Vidic get red cards! (I fight dirty!! lol) wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Premier League Results / Brighton Vs Arsenal - FA Cup (2 - 3) On 26th January 2013 / Steaua Bucharest Vs Chelsea : Europa League (1 - 0) On 7th March 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.