Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,263 members, 7,954,025 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:04 AM

Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi (31761 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / Pastor Catches Wife In Hotel With Choirmaster / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 24, 2015
Pandemonium broke loose when a man in ikoyi applied to the marriage registry to get married to a woman whom he alleged to be a spiritual entity.

Apparently, the young man went to the marriage registry dressed up in suit and looking ready for the ceremony, but trouble started when the clerk asked him where the bride was.

His reply that his wife was standing beside him made the clerk look at him with such malicious disdain which was not unsuggestive of the fact that the young man was probably an escapee from one of the maximum security mental institutions in the country.

When asked to explain, the young man replied that his wife was a spiritual beimg who was not visible to ordinary mortals, except those who who were exceptionally righteous.

This reply irritated the clerk who saw it as an insult suggestive of his unrighteousness. When asked how he intended to consumate the proposed marriage with a spiritual woman whom he probably could not see, he expressed his doubts and said that where there is a will, there is a way, and he and his wife would work out an arrangement which would be beneficial to both the spiritual and physical worlds.

However, the young man’s application to get married to the spiritual wife was refused, as the practice was one which was unheard of and contrary to our system of law.

He was advised to proceed to a spiritual marriage registry to effect the marriage, especially as it would be within the jurisdiction of his wife’s government.

The aggrieved young man then proceeded to the high court where he sought an injunction to compel the marriage registry to perform their lawful duty by approving the marriage.

He also sued them for breach of his fundamental right to freedom of association, as the registry were purportedly preventing him from having legal relations with his spiritual wife.

The case is scheduled to be heard on the 5th of March at the Ikoyi High Court.

http://www.codewit.com/humour/24250-nigeria-man-marries-spiritual-wife-in-ikoyi

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by vjsmiles: 7:50am On Feb 24, 2015
SO THE MAN WILL DO SPIRITUAL...
angry

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by Topkush: 7:52am On Feb 24, 2015
NB: The man should be tested, he seems sick

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by Dyt(f): 7:53am On Feb 24, 2015
He was advised to proceed to a spiritual
marriage registry to effect the marriage,
especially as it would be within the
jurisdiction of his wife’s government.
The aggrieved young man then proceeded to
the high court where he sought an injunction
to compel the marriage registry to perform
their lawful duty by approving the marriage.
He also sued them for breach of his
fundamental right to freedom of association,
as the registry were purportedly preventing
him from having legal relations with his
spiritual wife.

grin cheesy grin

One of the 21million Nigerians

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by simplemach(m): 8:00am On Feb 24, 2015
Give that man two bottles of cold origin mixed in one glass of palm wine, when he sleeps and wakes up, he will not bring up this topic again.
Infact him go divorce the so called spiritual wife before him wake up self.

13 Likes

Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by LadyX(f): 8:09am On Feb 24, 2015
SMH! He should go to a 'spritual marriage registery' as op/article suggested.

He's crazy to sue the registery. If you can't present your partner in human form you lose the case. Abeg let him go and marry in the ocean or spiritual world.
Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 24, 2015
Another mental case!

Lagos is full of mad people but only few are roaming.. cool cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by Trailblazer2: 10:39am On Feb 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by 5p1naz(m): 10:54am On Feb 24, 2015
"he case is scheduled to be heard on the 5th of March at the Ikoyi High Court"

Seriously?? Someone has no certificate and you're adjourning the case anyhow...

But this completely useless case already has a hearing date... unbelievable...

Sai 5p1naz till 2019 grin

5 Likes

Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by holicalpha(m): 10:54am On Feb 24, 2015
Kini big deal no be naija we they.??
Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by Guests: 10:54am On Feb 24, 2015
This one is strong.

1 Like

Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by hazyfm1: 10:55am On Feb 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ONLY POSSIBLE IN NIJA
Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by jnrbayano(m): 10:55am On Feb 24, 2015
I blame that registry for letting him go scotfree without shackling him.

He may run amok one day and start biting unsuspecting people on the streets.

He is a security risk.

6 Likes

Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by ShakurM(m): 10:55am On Feb 24, 2015
'21 million Nigerians insane'

No be joke ooo..

3 Likes

Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by oneda(m): 10:55am On Feb 24, 2015
Strange news are getting stranger these days. This is why i love naija

The sweeres country on planet earth......

By the way, the registrar is right [size=17pt]Proceed to a spiritual marriage registry. "Where is it located?" he would ask.
Where you met your wife
[/size] grin grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by otijah(m): 10:55am On Feb 24, 2015
grin all these cases are the cases GEJ should look into, the unexpected rise Mad men in the country, I think we also need transformation in that sector
A man walked into my bank and caMe to my desk and he said "I should type with MY system #5,000,000 so that he can leave sharply" I asked if he had an acc with us he said NO but I should just withdraw the money for him. That was when I knew that he is mad man
And I was asking even in the bank there are mad people
Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by tola9ja: 10:56am On Feb 24, 2015
Two Events to Happen this 2015. President Jonathan Will Be Inaugurated In May and FC Barcelona will be crowned European Champion in June

I ALWAYS LAUGH WHENEVER I SEE THIS SIGNATURE

THE TWO EVENT WILL NEVER EVER TAKE HAPPEN

IF IT TAKE PLACE MAKE I YAWN
Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by meshacha1: 10:56am On Feb 24, 2015
I gat one question for him.

What will it value a man if he gain the whole world and loose his soul or what will he gain in exchange for his soul?
Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by trisha01(f): 10:56am On Feb 24, 2015
y
Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by tuffgongjo(m): 10:56am On Feb 24, 2015
Some facts are really stranger than Fiction.
Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by AGgal(f): 10:57am On Feb 24, 2015
Wonders shall never cease!
Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2015
undecided

PICS OF THE WIFE OR YOU KNOW THE DRILL grin
Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by odeku457(m): 10:57am On Feb 24, 2015
Ehn hen
Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by mannasy(m): 10:57am On Feb 24, 2015
this guy sabi fantasize ehhh.....so for hin mind nah that girl wey hin dey think all the time hin go marry abi.
Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2015
They thought he escaped from a mental home? But we see people from the western world marrying a statue and even marrying their own selves and it makes world news. . . Why is his own different?

3 Likes

Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by delishpot: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2015
Huannn! What can I say no ooo........
Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by Nimblemind(m): 10:57am On Feb 24, 2015
His village people try o!

1 Like

Re: Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi by datguru: 10:58am On Feb 24, 2015
Na wa ooo. Wetin concern una ?, no be him choice ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fight Breaks Out As Lady Disrupts Husband's Wedding To His Second Wife (Video) / Twin Musicians, Tagwayen Asali, Wed Identical Twin Sisters On The Same Day / My Younger Brother Is Gay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.