Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? (16417 Views)

Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? / Every Church Goer Can Relate To This Pic / "God Cannot Be Tempted. Jesus Was Tempted. Therefore, Jesus Cannot Be God". How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by paxonel(m): 12:25pm On Mar 04, 2015
johnydon22:

Wait a minute let me get something straight here... Which of the God(s) do you refer to as God here.. is it Allah, Yahweh, Shiva, Krishna, Osiris etc
Yahweh!
the all mighty God, the Creator of the universe
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by johnydon22(m): 12:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
paxonel:

Yahweh!
the all mighty God, the Creator of the universe

How did you know it was Yahweh that is the creator and not the others i have mentioned.. Odin, Osiris, krishna, Shiva, allah?
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by johnydon22(m): 12:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
paxonel:

have you ever seen miracles before?
no,
me, i have seen miracles before.
that's the difference between us now.
seeing is believing

what is the miracle you have seen? can you tell us? did you see an amputed grow back?
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by paxonel(m): 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
pastorwilly:
That's a lie bros,owk check dis those arm rubbers dat are stealing peoples thing,were dey not in christain family
Let me tell u it matters if u have receive jesus or not before u will be saved
to be in a christian family and to receive Jesus, they are still the same thing.
i proved it by saying Jesus is the founder of the Christianity we are practicing today.
that Christianity is our faith, not islam
that without Christianity our faith it is impossible to please God.
so, armed robbers are covered too, remember the thief on the cross with Jesus.
the crucifixion he had was the punishment for his sin, But by believing at that moment, he was saved automatically
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by paxonel(m): 1:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
An2elect2:
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?

Aha! and what will the KING of Kings, the LORD of Lords, The Judge of the whole world, The one that says and does, the Adonai, the Ancient of days, The First and the Last, The GOD all by Himself say:

"And then i will profess unto them. I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity."

Matt 7:22,23.

many will say to me on that day lord lord.
what day is that?
please if you want to know whether that day Jesus was talking about has pass or it is in our future, look for a Scripture from the book of act of the apostle down to revelation to support your claim whether you will see any .
don't come and quote the books of Matthew,Mark, Luke and john for me. Christ has not yet been crucified when he made that statement.
there was time before crucixion, there is time after the crucifixion.
they are not the same era.
we Christians belong to the era after crucifixion and are greater and better than the people Jesus was addressing with that statement, people who prophesied and cast out demons But never saw Christianity?
Remember,the least person in the kingdom of God( Christianity ) is greater than John the Baptist,all Jesus disciples who cast out demons at that time and all the prophets of Judaism.
so, don't come and Judaism us here, we are Christians
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by paxonel(m): 1:21pm On Mar 04, 2015
johnydon22:

How did you know it was Yahweh that is the creator and not the others i have mentioned.. Odin, Osiris, krishna, Shiva, allah?
if you want to know, Join Christianity and start reading Bible.
i have read Bible, that's how i know
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by paxonel(m): 1:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
johnydon22:

what is the miracle you have seen? can you tell us? did you see an amputed grow back?

i have seen something greater than that.
something was written in the bible that prophesy what is happening this current generation that is even affecting you right now, i have seen that it is happening exactly the way it was written.
it is the greatest miracle in the history of the world, i will ask you to google it, you will see it that it exactly like that as it was written
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by johnydon22(m): 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
paxonel:

i have seen something greater than that.
something was written in the bible that prophesy what is happening this current generation that is even affecting you right now, i have seen that it is happening exactly the way it was written.
it is the greatest miracle in the history of the world, i will ask you to google it, you will see it that it exactly like that as it was written
[size=25]Tell me what is it exactly that is happening now? [/size]
[size=20] I even thought the guy had seen some miracles smh [/size]

1 Like

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by johnydon22(m): 1:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
paxonel:

if you want to know, Join Christianity and start reading Bible.
i have read Bible, that's how i know

The same way Muslims read the Quran and thats how they know its Allah, the same way Hindus read their scriptures and thats how they know it was krishna... The same way i can say unicorns exist because i read it in the bible, the same way the egyptians think its osiris because the egyptian book of the dead says so (amun ra ) the same way i can show you were it is written that a flying pink unicorn exist ...

2 Likes

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by An2elect2(f): 4:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
paxonel:

many will say to me on that day lord lord.
what day is that?
please if you want to know whether that day Jesus was talking about has pass or it is in our future, look for a Scripture from the book of act of the apostle down to revelation to support your claim whether you will see any .
don't come and quote the books of Matthew,Mark, Luke and john for me. Christ has not yet been crucified when he made that statement.
there was time before crucixion, there is time after the crucifixion.
they are not the same era.
we Christians belong to the era after crucifixion and are greater and better than the people Jesus was addressing with that statement, people who prophesied and cast out demons But never saw Christianity?
Remember,the least person in the kingdom of God( Christianity ) is greater than John the Baptist,all Jesus disciples who cast out demons at that time and all the prophets of Judaism.
so, don't come and Judaism us here, we are Christians

That day is coming and false apostles, prophets, teachers like you will be numbered among them that have done so many dead works( what you call wonderful works)who will be rejected en masse by the Judge of the whole world if you do not repent.

Repent false teacher that God may not send a strong delusion your way.

1 Like

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by paxonel(m): 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
An2elect2:

That day is coming and false apostles, prophets, teachers like you will be numbered among them that have done so many dead works( what you call wonderful works)who will be rejected en masse by the Judge of the whole world if you do not repent.

ahahaaahaah!
if you come like this you are just wasting your time.
everything i posted here i try as much as i can to be practical, where i see error in your post i go straight and point out the error and even correct it.
so, before you say i am false you must have done the same, otherwise, you can't say i am false.
I challenge you, just point out only one area in any of my post that is false, then correct it lets see
It's not by shouting.
By the way, do you know that Nigeria is already a confused nation as a result of the activities of your pastors?
that is what i seek to correct, so that this country will be a better place for our unborn children.
so, i should be the one to tell you and your pastors to repent from false teachings.
lol

1 Like

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by paxonel(m): 5:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
johnydon22:
[size=25]Tell me what is it exactly that is happening now? [/size]
[size=20] I even thought the guy had seen some miracles smh [/size]

you know, Jesus put forth a parable like this
Matthew 13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
13:32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
he made this statement before the was crucified,before Christianity was established here on earth approximately 2000 years ago
this is what he meant..the kingdom of God represent Christianity he was about to establish because he was about to be crucified.
he planted Christianity like a little mustard seed on earth the day he was crucified .
the soil there represent earth.
right from that time Christianity has grown to become the biggest religion on earth such that people from other tribes apart from the Jews (representing fowls of the air ) are now in Christianity world wide.
now, google it, which religion is the biggest religion on earth right now? you will find out that it is Christianity.
Christianity started with just 120 people act 1;15.( mustard seed ).
it is now grown to become a big tree (billions of christians world wide. )
this is the greatest miracle that has ever happened on earth
now the question is, How did Jesus know that all this thing will happen?
it's left for you to answer

3 Likes

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by Proximo73: 5:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
paxonel:

judging from my five senses you are absolutely correct.
God is not angry with atheists or Muslims or anybody for not believing. He provide all these things equally for everybody. christians and non christians alike.
But judging from the spiritual angle which i don't have power over, it's a score to settle between God and them

in that case, religion is not worth killing ourselves for, because the very God we are trying hard to please by being religious is not even religious himself
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by Hildalicious(f): 5:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
Proximo73:

in that case, religion is not worth killing ourselves for, because the very God we are trying hard to please by being religious is not even religious himself
what's your concept of being religious?
is it active church going?
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by An2elect2(f): 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
paxonel:

ahahaaahaah!
if you come like this you are just wasting your time.
everything i posted here i try as much as i can to be practical, where i see error in your post i go straight and point out the error and even correct it.
so, before you say i am false you must have done the same, otherwise, you can't say i am false.
I challenge you, just point out only one area in any of my post that is false, then correct it lets see
It's not by shouting.
By the way, do you know that Nigeria is already a confused nation as a result of the activities of your pastors?
that is what i seek to correct, so that this country will be a better place for our unborn children.
so, i should be the one to tell you and your pastors to repent from false teachings.
lol
One of the marks of a false prophet/apostle/pastor/teacher (@embolden) is that he falsely teaches people to have hope in this world and improve it. I caught you

Fal$e teacher what did Jesus and His apostles say about this world? to love/improve it? or to purge our selves from its enticement living as strangers with a higher calling and keep our eyes...where? answer me fal$e teacher

Is this not in your bible?

"seek the things that are above and not the things on earth" Collosians 3:2

And this is just one of those trash you keep spewing.

Repent fal$e teacher.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by paxonel(m): 12:34am On Mar 05, 2015
An2elect2:

One of the marks of a false prophet/apostle/pastor/teacher (@embolden) is that he falsely teaches people to have hope in this world and improve it. I caught you

Fal$e teacher what did Jesus and His apostles say about this world? to love/improve it? or to purge our selves from its enticement living as strangers with a higher calling and keep our eyes...where? answer me fal$e teacher

Is this not in your bible?

"seek the things that are above and not the things on earth" Collosians 3:2

And this is just one of those trash you keep spewing.

Repent fal$e teacher.

why don't you read the collosians 3:2 down to verse 5 so that you will understand what you are reading?
Colossians 3 verse 5 says,
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
what Paul meant by seeking the things above to christians is to abstain from commiting all these sins.
now, mention one place in all my comments that i say that men should go and commit sin?
the Scripture is contextual. you must read everything to understand what the writter is trying to say.
not just reading only one verse and draw your conclusion from there like you just did, reading only colossians 3:2.
by doing this, you are the false teacher.
You see where your false teaching has landed you?
you are even advocating that the world should not be improved.
i think it's devilish.
i will advice you, go and improve on your reasoning capacity before trying to quote scriptures.
and also,go and learn how to address people logically,practically and properly before talking.
it's for your own good.
have you ever heard of the word ad hominem?
incase you don't know, Google what it mean,
you must avoid fallacies too

4 Likes

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by paxonel(m): 12:49am On Mar 05, 2015
Proximo73:

[quote author=Proximo73 post=31300634]

you are getting the point.
and that is why i say everybody in Christianity are saved.
Have you ever wonder why people say Christianity is not a religion?
because, there is this non religious aspect of Christianity that Jesus was trying to portray.
that's why he had issues with religious leaders of that generation of the Jews he met when he came into the world
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by Proximo73: 1:03am On Mar 05, 2015
Hildalicious:

what's your concept of being religious?
is it active church going?
exactly!
i like the way you descibe it.
active church going,
active mosque going, or what ever excesses.
it is not bad on it's own. But when it become uncontrollable it becomes a problem to the person
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by ayoku777(m): 1:17am On Mar 05, 2015
An2elect2:

That day is coming and false apostles, prophets, teachers like you will be numbered among them that have done so many dead works( what you call wonderful works) who will be rejected en masse by the Judge of the whole world if you do not repent.

@ the bolden

Funny, but you just agreed here with what you argued against on the other thread -that man has a choice, a freewill.

Sound truth here. And i gave you the 2 likes too.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by Hildalicious(f): 1:25am On Mar 05, 2015
Proximo73:

exactly!
i like the way you descibe it.
active church going,
active mosque going, or what ever excesses.
it is not bad on it's own. But when it become uncontrollable it becomes a problem to the person
ok
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by Hildalicious(f): 1:35am On Mar 05, 2015
paxonel:

why don't you read the collosians 3:2 down to verse 5 so that you will understand what you are reading?
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
what Paul meant by seeking the things above to christians is to abstain from commiting all these sins.
now, mention one place in all my comments that i say that men should go and commit sin?
the Scripture is contextual. you must read everything to understand what the writter is trying to say.
not just reading only one verse and draw your conclusion from there like you just did, reading only colossians 3:2.
i think it's devilish.
i will advice you, go and improve on your reasoning capacity before trying to quote scriptures.
and also,go and learn how to address people logically,practically and properly before talking.
it's for your own good.

this is explicit and sound.
it's like you are a friend to the Scripture and reasoning
do you pastor a church?
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by An2elect2(f): 8:00am On Mar 05, 2015
ayoku777:

@ the bolden

Funny, but you just agreed here with what you argued against on the other thread -that man has a choice, a freewill.

Sound truth here. And i gave you the 2 likes too.

Ohhhhhhh ayoku777 you keep putting the cart before the horse. Yes we preach that men should turn to Christ as commanded huh and is God Himself not the giver of the gift of repentance unto life? Acts 11:18?

Why do we preach in the first place? is it not because men are enslaved to sin? how can someone be a servant to sin and be free at the same time. Can't you understand that all his deeds,choices are evil? Eph 2:1 cos you can't have a mango tree producing oranges.

He has to be changed completely, born again through the word of faith that we preach? you get it?

If not for God, no man will repent. Let us give all the glory to God not some to a free will illusion.

Good a.m.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by ayoku777(m): 8:17am On Mar 05, 2015
An2elect2:

Ohhhhhhh ayoku777 you keep putting the cart before the horse. Yes we preach that men should turn to Christ as commanded huh and is God Himself not the giver of the gift of repentance unto life? Acts 11:18?

Why do we preach in the first place? is it not because men are enslaved to sin? how can someone be a servant to sin and be free at the same time. Can't you understand that all his deeds,choices are evil? Eph 2:1 cos you can't have a mango tree producing oranges.

He has to be changed completely, born again through the word of faith that we preach? you get it?

If not for God, no man will repent. Let us give all the glory to God not some to a free will illusion.

Good a.m.

Lets not derail this thread.

But freewill is not an illusion because people in scripture rejected God's warning to repent.

If there's no freewill you can't reject His warning to repent.

You don't work for salvation neither can having freewill save. But you need freewill to accept God's offer to save you.

And people reject that offer many times in scripture.

But lets not derail this thread.

Goodmorning and shalom.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by ayoku777(m): 8:20am On Mar 05, 2015
An2elect2:

Good a.m.

But freewill is not an illusion because people in scripture rejected God's warning to repent.

You don't work for salvation neither can having freewill save. But you need freewill to accept God's offer to save you.

And people reject that offer many times in scripture. God does not warn us to repent then make us not repent. We do that on our own.

Goodmorning and shalom.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by ayoku777(m): 8:21am On Mar 05, 2015
An2elect2:

Good a.m.

You don't work for salvation neither can having freewill save us. But you need freewill to accept God's offer to save you.

And people reject that offer many times in scripture. God does not warn us to repent then make us not repent. We do that on our own.

Goodmorning and shalom.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by ayoku777(m): 8:23am On Mar 05, 2015
An2elect2:

Good a.m.

You don't work for salvation neither can having freewill save us. But you need freewill to accept God's offer to save you.

And people rejected that offer many times in scripture. God does not warn us to repent then make us not repent. We do that on our own.

Goodmorning and shalom.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by An2elect2(f): 8:24am On Mar 05, 2015
paxonel:

i think it's devilish.
it's for your own good.

arrant nonsense fal$e teacher. You see yourself? this is how you manipulate scriptures to suite you. You said before Nigerian pastors have rubbished the country with the crap they preach and people like you are here to fix it and make this world a better place for our unborn huh? You are swimming in self delusion if you think God is after making this world a better place. Didn't you read my post well? you didn't see where i said we should live as strangers in this world, purging ourselves of the enticements in this world? how did i contradict collosians 3 ? fal$e teacher. You have reading comprehension problems? You can't seek the things of this world and seek God too at the same time. And that's exactly what you are trying to do fal$e teacher.1 John 2:15, Phil 2:21, Luke 12:30,etc check out these scriptures fal$e teacher they are saying similar things with the col verse i quoted.

There is no hiding place for you anymore hireling. Your time is drawing near.

Repent fal$e teacher.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by 5solas(m): 8:26am On Mar 05, 2015
ayoku777:

Goodmorning and shalom.
grin Why do you consistently tag ''free" to "will" ? grin
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by An2elect2(f): 8:27am On Mar 05, 2015
ayoku777:

And people rejected that offer many times in scripture. God does not warn us to repent then make us not repent. We do that on our own.

Goodmorning and shalom.

free will is an illusion.

Have a nice day.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by ayoku777(m): 8:37am On Mar 05, 2015
5solas:

grin Why do you consistently tag ''free" to "will" ? grin

Its not a tag, its a description. Because God does not manipulate it, or impose on us what we do with it. Its all up to us.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by ayoku777(m): 8:57am On Mar 05, 2015
An2elect2:

free will is an illusion.

Have a nice day.

Sorry, but scripture disagrees with you.

Blessed day ahead.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by paxonel(m): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2015
Hildalicious:

this is explicit and sound.
it's like you are a friend to the Scripture and reasoning
do you pastor a church?
nop!
I'm just reading my bible that's all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am No Longer A Theist / The Power Of Curses And Blessing / David Oyedepo Jnr To Pastor The Faith Tabernacle In Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.