Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:36 AM

Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? (16704 Views)

Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? / Every Church Goer Can Relate To This Pic / "God Cannot Be Tempted. Jesus Was Tempted. Therefore, Jesus Cannot Be God". How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by paxonel(m): 9:39am On Mar 05, 2015
An2elect2:

arrant nonsense fal$e teacher. You see yourself? this is how you manipulate scriptures to suite you. You said before Nigerian pastors have rubbished the country with the crap they preach and people like you are here to fix it and make this world a better place for our unborn huh? You are swimming in self delusion if you think God is after making this world a better place. Didn't you read my post well? you didn't see where i said we should live as strangers in this world, purging ourselves of the enticements in this world? how did i contradict collosians 3 ? fal$e teacher. You have reading comprehension problems? You can't seek the things of this world and seek God too at the same time. And that's exactly what you are trying to do fal$e teacher.1 John 2:15, Phil 2:21, Luke 12:30,etc check out these scriptures fal$e teacher they are saying similar things with the col verse i quoted.

There is no hiding place for you anymore hireling. Your time is drawing near.

Repent fal$e teacher.
ahahaahaaaha!
ok, you are good teacher, i am false.
please i want to ask a question good teacher,
what do you mean by the things of this world?
houses, train, car, money?
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by Proximo73: 9:43am On Mar 05, 2015
paxonel:

that's true
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by Proximo73: 9:45am On Mar 05, 2015
paxonel:

ahahaahaaaha!
ok, you are good teacher, i am false.
please i want to ask a question good teacher,
what do you mean by the things of this world?
houses, train, car, money?
no!
It is dog, pussycat and tomato
lol
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by paxonel(m): 9:50am On Mar 05, 2015
Proximo73:

no!
It is dog, pussycat and tomato
lol
ahahahaaaahaaa!!!
lwkmo
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by Proximo73: 10:00am On Mar 05, 2015
paxonel:

ahahahaaaahaaa!!!
lwkmo
lol,
the world is full of confused people..
i try not to listen to anybody again.
just keep on doing what i know how to do best
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by An2elect2(f): 10:05am On Mar 05, 2015
ayoku777:

Sorry, but scripture disagrees with you.

Blessed day ahead.

You must not lie to score a point. Scripture supports the complete sovereignty of the Almighty God in everything including our wills. Free will is false heresy teaching that has no scriptural backing.

What you will see is a will enslaved to sin or righteousness. Pls enough of your lies.

Thank you.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by 5solas(m): 10:31am On Mar 05, 2015
ayoku777:

Its not a tag, its a description. Because God does not manipulate it, or impose on us what we do with it. Its all up to us.

Is it different from ''will''? If it is not , then simply use ''will''. By talking of ''freewill'' when you mean ''will'' you hoodwink gullible people, you probably having first been hoodwinked.

It doesn't make sense to continually describe what you are writing about.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by ayoku777(m): 10:38am On Mar 05, 2015
An2elect2:

You must not lie to score a point. Scripture supports the complete sovereignty of the Almighty God in everything including our wills. Free will is false heresy teaching that has no scriptural backing.

What you will see is a will enslaved to sin or righteousness. Pls enough of your lies.

Thank you.

Genesis 3v11 -And He said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

God commanded Adam not to do something, and He did it anyway. And you said, "man has no freewill. God's will is always done. Freewill is an illusion. I'm a liar!

There is a proverb in yoruba that translates into; "You dont cure a disease with stubborness."

Calling me liar, blind, delusional will not make all the scriptures that i've used to proof my points go away. Insults dont establish doctrine, scriptures do.

Too many scriptures proof you wrong. Man has a freewill.

And, by the way, no offence taken.

God bless.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by ayoku777(m): 10:49am On Mar 05, 2015
5solas:

Is it different from ''will''? If it is not , then simply use ''will''. By talking of ''freewill'' when you mean ''will'' you hoodwink gullible people, you probably having first been hoodwinked.

It doesn't make sense to continually describe what you are writing about.

You call it will, i call it freewill; lets not trip over semantics.

The issue is just to realise that our will(freewill) is free from God's manipulation and imposition. What we do with it is entirely up to us.

We can use our will to disobey God and accept or reject His offer of salvation or warning to repent.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by 5solas(m): 11:12am On Mar 05, 2015
ayoku777:

You call it will, i call it freewill; lets not trip over semantics.

The issue is just to realise that our will(freewill) is free from God's manipulation and imposition. What we do with it is entirely up to us.

We can use our will to disobey God and accept or reject His offer of salvation or warning to repent.

Tell that to Caiaphas and James:
John 11

45 ΒΆ Then many of the Jews who had come to Mary, and had seen the things Jesus did, believed in Him.

46 But some of them went away to the Pharisees and told them the things Jesus did.

47 Then the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered a council and said, "What shall we do? For this Man works many signs.

48 "If we let Him alone like this, everyone will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and nation."

49 And one of them, Caiaphas, being high priest that year, said to them, "You know nothing at all,
50 "nor do you consider that it is expedient for us that one man should die for the people, and not that the whole nation should perish."

51 Now this he did not say on his own authority; but being high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the nation,

52 and not for that nation only, but also that He would gather together in one the children of God who were scattered abroad.

James 4

13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit";

14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.

15 Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that."

16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by ayoku777(m): 11:26am On Mar 05, 2015
5solas

So Caiaphas speaking under unction by the Spirit is now your proof that man has no freewill?

So since man has no freewill, it was actually God that made Adam choose to eat of the tree He asked him not to. Then He cursed him for doing that. And sentenced mankind to a fate of eternal damnation, for doing what He made them do.

Is that your version of the fall account? Since man has no freewill according to you.

So God made Adam choose to disobey Him. Then He sentenced Adam and everyone born in his image to eternal damnation for what He made Adam do.

Then He decide to save just a few or some of the people He condemned to hell for what He made Adam do.

On a serious note now. Are you just messing with me, or this is truly your opinion of God?
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by 5solas(m): 12:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
ayoku777:
5solas

So Caiaphas speaking under unction by the Spirit is now your proof that man has no freewill?

grin grin grin
I even forgot that man can speak by the Spirit.
So what happens to a man's ''freewill'' as he speaks by the Spirit? You said this categorically minutes ago:

Well, maybe you have the ''freewill'' to change your mind as it suits you.

So since man has no freewill, it was actually God that made Adam choose to eat of the tree He asked him not to. Then He cursed him for doing that. And sentenced mankind to a fate of eternal damnation, for doing what He made them do.

Is that your version of the fall account? Since man has no freewill according to you.

God's revealed will to Adam was not to eat of the fruit. So it was wrong for Adam to have so done. He is therefore without excuse for his disobedience. However, God knew that he would do that. In doing what he did, Adam nonetheless fulfilled God's secret will.
No one gets credit for doing God's secret will. Ask Judas what reward he got from betraying Christ.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by ayoku777(m): 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2015
5solas:

grin grin grin
I even forgot that man can speak by the Spirit.
So what happens to a man's ''freewill'' as he speaks by the Spirit? You said this categorically minutes ago:

Well, maybe you have the ''freewill'' to change your mind as it suits you.

This will get me writng an epistle; but let me indulge.

You see; instances like this is what is called Sovereignty. Remember I said there are four attributes of God that interface in scripture:

Sovereignty, Predestination, Freewill and Foreknowledge.

Sovereignty is the will of God that the will of man can't alter. When God plays this card, the will of man is suspended.

And there are instances in scripture where God played this card e.g. When He prevented Abimelech from touching Sarah.

Gen 20v6 -And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thine heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: THEREFORE SUFFERED I THEE NOT TO TOUCH HER.

This is God playing His sovereignty card over a man's will or desires. God didn't exert this sovereignty when He saw that Cain was going to kill Abel, He just warned Cain that sin was lying at his door. But left Cain to choose to sin or not.

Instances that you're refering to when the Spirit of God comes on a man without warning and speaks through him without permission is also sovereignty, e.g Saul the king, the 70 elders of Moses and Caiaphas the Highpriest.

Other prophecies in scripture carved in sovereignty are the establishment of God's kingdom on earth and the enthronment of Christ, then the coming of the new Jerusalem to earth. All these wills of God are sovereign and can't be altered by freewill. They will surely happen.

Even so; sovereignty is different from predestination and freewill. When the fulfilment of the will of God for a man is ultimately subject to the man's choices, that is predestination. Predestination is the will of God for a man that is not carved in iron. What that man does can derail it.

Example is what Adam did; what Judas did; what the nation of Israel did. They rejected God's plan and His will for them.

Other examples of predestination (will of God that is subject to freewill) are accepting or rejecting God's offer of salvation; being great or being the least in the kingdom of God. Sitting on thrones in the age to come and holding fast to your crown. Keeping your name in the book of life or having it blotted out.

All these can be fulfilled or lost by freewill; by a man's personal choices.

So, in basic summation; we have:

Sovereignty: The will of God that is not subject to the freewill of man.

Predestination: The will of God for a man that is subject to the freewill of man.

Freewill: A man's power of choice to submit to God's predestined will or go his own way.

Foreknowledge: God's ability to know what a man will choose to do with his freewill.

These four attributes interface a lot in scripture, but they are different and are not the same thing.

5solas:

God's revealed will to Adam was not to eat of the fruit. So it was wrong for Adam to have so done. He is therefore without excuse for his disobedience. However, God knew that he would do that. In doing what he did, Adam nonetheless fulfilled God's secret will.
No one gets credit for doing God's secret will. Ask Judas what reward he got from betraying Christ.

God's revealed or secret will is your own invention o. It has no basis in scripture.

God is not a God of double standards. God never wanted Adam to eat of the fruit. Adam eating it was disobedience, it was not a fulfilment of God's secret will.

That God knew something will happen doesn't mean it is His handiwork, or even His will. It is still the choice of the person who committed the act.

Revealed and secret will of God is scripturally unfounded. God is not a God of double standards.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by micynute94(m): 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2015
U v got to realise something.... If u r saying the actions committed by Adam or Judas is not of their freewill but of God secret will... Mehnn.. Then God is a big depressed clown... Who the hell thinks of creating a perfect kingdom then plans on causing havoc and Later blame it on Man...
I mean.... from ur reasoning.... No man will go to hell (if there eva was one ) cos all we humans do on mother EARTH is acting out a script out of God's secret will...
U know what.?.. That's bullshit!!
U mean ISIS, Al Qeada, Boko Haram members are all acting according to a secret will of God??
Does it then make sense to punish them based on what u scripted.....
Like seriously....

cc: 5solas

1 Like

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by paxonel(m): 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2015
Proximo73:

lol,
the world is full of confused people..
i try not to listen to anybody again.
just keep on doing what i know how to do best
exactly!
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by 5solas(m): 10:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
ayoku777:

This will get me writng an epistle; but let me indulge.
Thank you.

You see; instances like this is what is called Sovereignty. Remember I said there are four attributes of God that interface in scripture:

Sovereignty, Predestination, Freewill and Foreknowledge.
I observe that you've just attributed ''Freewill'' to God . In all your other posts, it was attributed to man.

Sovereignty is the will of God that the will of man can't alter. When God plays this card, the will of man is suspended.

And there are instances in scripture where God played this card e.g. When He prevented Abimelech from touching Sarah.

Gen 20v6 -And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thine heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: THEREFORE SUFFERED I THEE NOT TO TOUCH HER.

This is God playing His sovereignty card over a man's will or desires. God didn't exert this sovereignty when He saw that Cain was going to kill Abel, He just warned Cain that sin was lying at his door. But left Cain to choose to sin or not.

Instances that you're refering to when the Spirit of God comes on a man without warning and speaks through him without permission is also sovereignty, e.g Saul the king, the 70 elders of Moses and Caiaphas the Highpriest.

Other prophecies in scripture carved in sovereignty are the establishment of God's kingdom on earth and the enthronment of Christ, then the coming of the new Jerusalem to earth. All these wills of God are sovereign and can't be altered by freewill. They will surely happen.
This is the soundest post I have read from you, you've just admitted that man does not always have ''freewill''.
grin grin grin
So how about Peter's denial of Christ? How about the census ordered by Caesar? Christ's command to Peter to take a coin from the first fish he catches to pay for their taxes? In short, to number the times God exerts His sovereignty even according to your belief, is innumerable. And this is not even talking about the means to these ends. All prophecies and the means to them are included.
So if man has ''freewill'' only in things insignificant, which I do not even grant, why do we glory in his ''freewill''?

Even so; sovereignty is different from predestination and freewill. When the fulfilment of the will of God for a man is ultimately subject to the man's choices, that is predestination. Predestination is the will of God for a man that is not carved in iron. What that man does can derail it.

Example is what Adam did; what Judas did; what the nation of Israel did. They rejected God's plan and His will for them.

Other examples of predestination (will of God that is subject to freewill) are accepting or rejecting God's offer of salvation; being great or being the least in the kingdom of God. Sitting on thrones in the age to come and holding fast to your crown. Keeping your name in the book of life or having it blotted out.
The will of God is never under subjection to man's.

All these can be fulfilled or lost by freewill; by a man's personal choices.

So, in basic summation; we have:

Sovereignty: The will of God that is not subject to the freewill of man.

Predestination: The will of God for a man that is subject to the freewill of man.

Freewill: A man's power of choice to submit to God's predestined will or go his own way.

Foreknowledge: God's ability to know what a man will choose to do with his freewill.

These four attributes interface a lot in scripture, but they are different and are not the same thing.
You've attributed ''freewill'' to man again, so I understand the earlier one attributed to God was erroneously done.
Foreknowledge does not depend on the man, rather the man does willfully what God has foreknown, often without realizing it .

God's revealed or secret will is your own invention o.

grin grin grin

It has no basis in scripture.

God is not a God of double standards. God never wanted Adam to eat of the fruit. Adam eating it was disobedience, it was not a fulfilment of God's secret will.

That God knew something will happen doesn't mean it is His handiwork, or even His will. It is still the choice of the person who committed the act.

Revealed and secret will of God is scripturally unfounded. God is not a God of double standards.
Nothing ever happens that is not God's will. The mere fact that a thing happens proves it is God's will.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by 5solas(m): 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2015
micynute94:
U v got to realise something.... If u r saying the actions committed by Adam or Judas is not of their freewill but of God secret will... Mehnn.. Then God is a big depressed clown... Who the hell thinks of creating a perfect kingdom then plans on causing havoc and Later blame it on Man...
I mean.... from ur reasoning.... No man will go to hell (if there eva was one ) cos all we humans do on mother EARTH is acting out a script out of God's secret will...
U know what.?.. That's bullshit!!
U mean ISIS, Al Qeada, Boko Haram members are all acting according to a secret will of God??
Does it then make sense to punish them based on what u scripted.....
Like seriously....

cc: 5solas
If God does not know all that will happen before they do, then you have to admit He doesn't have control of the world.
Let those evil ones do what they may, they can do no further than He permits.
John 19

11 Jesus answered, "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."
2Thess. 2:7

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by Horus(m): 10:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
All the churches are all competing against one another. There are churches who are of the same denomination, in the same town, the same diocese, which mean they have the same beliefs and worship the same God. Yet, they never come together. What is so ironic is that these churchgoers all feel that church is the place for unification and love.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by ayoku777(m): 1:27am On Mar 06, 2015
5solas

There is a peace I have in my heart when I know someone has gotten what I'm saying but is still debating with an attitude of "I refuse to agree."

When I get that peace I know, the person gets me, and will come around in time.

But on a serious note. If you truly do believe that man has no freewill; and that the fall of Adam is the will of God. And that the eternal damnation of billions through the fall of Adam is the will of God. And that the unrepentance of those who hear the gospel and refuse to accept it is the will of God. And that no one goes to hell of his own freewill but are condemned by God's sovereignty through the fall of Adam that was the will of God.

If you truly believe this; then you really have a very twisted opinion of our heavenly father.

Actually, sometimes I'm expecting you to just say, "Haha, got you! You fell for it." Then I will realise that you were messing with me all along.

But if you actually do attribute all these condemnation and damnation and eternal torment to the pre-planned sovereign will of God for man, and that none of it is the consequence of man's personal choices or freewill.

Then your opinion of God is so wrong not to talk of scripturally unfounded. But I'm sure you will come around. I have that peace.

Shalom.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by 5solas(m): 8:10am On Mar 06, 2015
ayoku777:
5solas

There is a peace I have in my heart when I know someone has gotten what I'm saying but is still debating with an attitude of "I refuse to agree."

When I get that peace I know, the person gets me, and will come around in time.

But on a serious note. If you truly do believe that man has no freewill; and that the fall of Adam is the will of God. And that the eternal damnation of billions through the fall of Adam is the will of God. And that the unrepentance of those who hear the gospel and refuse to accept it is the will of God. And that no one goes to hell of his own freewill but are condemned by God's sovereignty through the fall of Adam that was the will of God.

If you truly believe this; then you really have a very twisted opinion of our heavenly father.

Actually, sometimes I'm expecting you to just say, "Haha, got you! You fell for it." Then I will realise that you were messing with me all along.

But if you actually do attribute all these condemnation and damnation and eternal torment to the pre-planned sovereign will of God for man, and that none of it is the consequence of man's personal choices or freewill.

Then your opinion of God is so wrong not to talk of scripturally unfounded. But I'm sure you will come around. I have that peace.

Shalom.
What I am saying is that all things happen according to the will of God, understand this . Ephesians 1:11 says that much:

11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,
I said further that left alone all men would go to hell and that through the sacrifice of Christ , God decided to save some. This is my stand.
By reason of this all who place their faith in Christ cannot but be saved. I did not blame the sin of man on God .
Your view of predestination is very wrong.

Predestination in its broadest conception is the doctrine that because God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and completely sovereign, he "from all eternity did by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass," (Westminster Confession). "In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will" (Ephesians 1:11).
You err in your concept of foreknowledge also because you make it to be dependent on man/ what God knew man would do.
What God knows man would do must necessarily be done by man , it is as simple as that.
On sovereignty your view is that God exerts it sometimes. The implication of this is that one can not know when He is doing that or not. Also that He leaves the world alone to go on its own course. How can He take care of His own if that were true?

1 Like

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by ayoku777(m): 9:21am On Mar 06, 2015
5solas:

What I am saying is that all things happen according to the will of God, understand this . Ephesians 1:11 says that much:

I said further that left alone all men would go to hell and that through the sacrifice of Christ , God decided to save some. This is my stand.
By reason of this all who place their faith in Christ cannot but be saved. I did not blame the sin of man on God .
Your view of predestination is very wrong.

You err in your concept of foreknowledge also because you make it to be dependent on man/ what God knew man would do.
What God knows man would do must necessarily be done by man , it is as simple as that.
On sovereignty your view is that God exerts it sometimes. The implication of this is that one can not know when He is doing that or not. Also that He leaves the world alone to go on its own course. How can He take care of His own if that were true?

You can't have it both ways. You can't say man has no freewill and then say again that his choices are his fault or doing.

Its either man has a freewill and can of his own choosing decide to do what God says not to do. Then his actions and the consequences of his actions will be all on him.

Or man has no freewill and can only do what God wants him to do. Then his actions and the consequences of his actions will be all on God.

Then if God went ahead and chose to save only some. Then the billions he didn't save; their damnation will also be on Him because, the original sin of Adam that made them sinners was the will of God -since man has no freewill.

The sin of mankind is because we are all born in the fallen image of the first Adam. So whoever is responsible for the fall of man, is responsible for the sin of mankind.

Did Adam sin of his own freewill or according to God's will?

You can't have it both ways. This is the same double standard you want to ascribe to God with your "Revealed and secret will".

1 Like

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by micynute94(m): 10:15am On Mar 06, 2015
ayoku777:

You can't have it both ways. You can't say man has no freewill and then say again that his choices are his fault or doing.

Its either man has a freewill and can of his own choosing decide to do what God says not to do. Then his actions and the consequences of his actions will be all on him.

Or man has no freewill and can only do what God wants him to do. Then his actions and the consequences of his actions will be all on God.

Then if God went ahead and chose to save only some. Then the billions he didn't save; their damnation will also be on Him because, the original sin of Adam that made them sinners was the will of God -since man has no freewill.

The sin of mankind is because we are all born in the fallen image of the first Adam. So whoever is responsible for the fall of man, is responsible for the sin of mankind.

You can have it both ways. This is the same double standard you want to ascribe to God with your "Revealed and secret will".

Gbam!!!! two orobo for u...
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by 5solas(m): 12:15pm On Mar 06, 2015
ayoku777:

Man by reason of the fall cannot will good but evil.
Acts2

23 "Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death;
Even though Christ's crucifixion was determined and foreknown by God, yet the sins of those involved in it were charged to them.

grin grin grin
So the so called ''freewill'' of man is that he can choose to decide to do what God says not to do . How about choosing to do what God says to do? If he cannot do what God says to do, what then? Who would the consequences of this inability be on?

Man through the fall lost the ability to do good. He cannot on his own believe the gospel.

God was not forced to make the sacrifice He did. Praises should go to Him for His decision to save some, not condemnation and attacks that He should have saved all or given all or some the opportunity to save themselves.

The will of God is the cause of all things and all things happen according to his will. Adam sinned of his own will but in line with God's permissive or secret will.

You can't have it both ways. This is the same double standard you want to ascribe to God with your "Revealed and secret will".
Have it your way, the truth is that you are not versed in these matters.

1 Like

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by An2elect2(f): 9:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
5solas:

Man by reason of the fall cannot will good but evil.
Acts2

Even though Christ's crucifixion was determined and foreknown by God, yet the sins of those involved in it were charged to them.

grin grin grin
So the so called ''freewill'' of man is that he can choose to decide to do what God says not to do . How about choosing to do what God says to do? If he cannot do what God says to do, what then? Who would the consequences of this inability be on?

Man through the fall lost the ability to do good. He cannot on his own believe the gospel.

God was not forced to make the sacrifice He did. Praises should go to Him for His decision to save some, not condemnation and attacks that He should have saved all or given all or some the opportunity to save themselves.

The will of God is the cause of all things and all things happen according to his will. Adam sinned of his own will but in line with God's permissive or secret will.
Have it your way, the truth is that you are not versed in these matters.

Only those who have been given eyes to see can see this. Ayoku 777, like many others out there is blind. Blind. Sad but true. What we should do, is to pray for him. Really.

You cant have God in control of everything, and worst still inside of you, and still be claiming the freedom to act without His manipulation or influence.

1 Like

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by 5solas(m): 11:25pm On Mar 06, 2015
An2elect2:

Only those who have been given eyes to see can see this. Ayoku 777, like many others out there is blind. Blind. Sad but true. What we should do, is to pray for him. Really.

You cant have God in control of everything, and worst still inside of you, and still be claiming the freedom to act without His manipulation or influence.
Amen. We have to do that and keep teaching. It might have something to do with his back-ground . Most likely it is Catholic.
About you, I am amazed at the truths I read from you, how did you come about them?
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by An2elect2(f): 1:17am On Mar 07, 2015
5solas:

Amen. We have to do that and keep teaching. It might have something to do with his back-ground . Most likely it is Catholic.
About you, I am amazed at the truths I read from you, how did you come about them?

Yea we have to keep teaching for sure.

About me? smiley Ok, i got born again few years ago through the hearing of the gospel. I didn't know it was the gospel then lol, but knew i was no longer my old self that day.

I knew within me, in my spirit, that God was solely responsible for my salvation. All thanks went to Him and my joy knew no bounds. But somehow, in my "unrenewed" mind( My mind was unto God but i was not yet in tuned with the scriptures) coupled with what I've always been told, i thought salvation was the work of God and man (synergy) and even taught so.

To cut this short,

It got to a point, God had to wake me up to the truth. I suffered serious unrest within me. I knew the scripture was true and God-breathed but i lacked understanding of it. I confessed so to God.

One day, i was listening to a "grace message" on t.v, and eureka! i saw it! God came and saved a wretched sinner like me! He didn't try to save me! He came! to save me! Grace! and i came to the realisation that God Himself will transform us from inside out! I was done with trying to continue from where the Lord "stopped" I felt light, and the joy of my salvation came back in full! haha it was as if my eyes were opened for the second time.

Then, the scriptures were opened to me. I could now see clearly Christ, salvation, God's sovereignty, The two dispensations( i mixed them up before),etc. And i was led by the Lord to listen to sermon audios, read sound materials. Read so many Spurgeon' essay, essays on monergy,etc.

Good morning!
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by MrPresident1: 1:42am On Mar 07, 2015
paxonel:
no matter the church.
if you were born into a christian home, whether you are a Catholic or Protestant or aladurah or whatever, Christ don't care.
so long you believe in him whom God has sent, which is Jesus Jesus Christ.
you are automatically saved.
so, all these your religious activities in church is just vanity.
just live your life, love everybody (non christians alike ) and enjoy yourself.
this is your greatest calling

I have been reading your thread.

Are you genuinely ignorant, or you are deliberately peddling falsehood?
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by 5solas(m): 9:42am On Mar 07, 2015
An2elect2:

Yea we have to keep teaching for sure.

About me? smiley Ok, i got born again few years ago through the hearing of the gospel. I didn't know it was the gospel then lol, but knew i was no longer my old self that day.

I knew within me, in my spirit, that God was solely responsible for my salvation. All thanks went to Him and my joy knew no bounds. But somehow, in my "unrenewed" mind( My mind was unto God but i was not yet in tuned with the scriptures) coupled with what I've always been told, i thought salvation was the work of God and man (synergy) and even taught so.

To cut this short,

It got to a point, God had to wake me up to the truth. I suffered serious unrest within me. I knew the scripture was true and God-breathed but i lacked understanding of it. I confessed so to God.

One day, i was listening to a "grace message" on t.v, and eureka! i saw it! God came and saved a wretched sinner like me! He didn't try to save me! He came! to save me! Grace! and i came to the realisation that God Himself will transform us from inside out! I was done with trying to continue from where the Lord "stopped" I felt light, and the joy of my salvation came back in full! haha it was as if my eyes were opened for the second time.

Then, the scriptures were opened to me. I could now see clearly Christ, salvation, God's sovereignty, The two dispensations( i mixed them up before),etc. And i was led by the Lord to listen to sermon audios, read sound materials. Read so many Spurgeon' essay, essays on monergy,etc.

Good morning!

Good morning.
All praises to God for the enlightenment. And thanks to Him also for the materials you had access to.
I easily see reformed thoughts in your comments.
For my part, after I was born again, I saw that in my witnessing I spoke as though on believing, the deed was done. I had to take a look at it to know the position of the scriptures as I had done for other subjects. That was when I saw the truth of it. About this time I had read some writings of the English reformers on grace. These were writings before Arminianism came about and so though they implied salvation could not be lost, it wasn't said categorically . I struggled with the truth for two years wondering if Satan was trying to deceive me since I was the only one I knew that believed it (this was between 1991 and 1993 when Nigerians didn't have the privilege of the internet). By 1993 , I decided to go with it, since I saw it wherever I went in The Bible. My life changed drastically as a result. Hell as a reason to live as a believer was abolished for me and knowing a righteous life was nonetheless expected of a believer, I had to find out the reasons for it.
I went through a lot of conflicts , but on the whole, I have never doubted my salvation since then.
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by An2elect2(f): 9:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
5solas:

Good morning.
All praises to God for the enlightenment. And thanks to Him also for the materials you had access to.
I easily see reformed thoughts in your comments.
For my part, after I was born again, I saw that in my witnessing I spoke as though on believing, the deed was done. I had to take a look at it to know the position of the scriptures as I had done for other subjects. That was when I saw the truth of it. About this time I had read some writings of the English reformers on grace. These were writings before Arminianism came about and so though they implied salvation could not be lost, it wasn't said categorically . I struggled with the truth for two years wondering if Satan was trying to deceive me since I was the only one I knew that believed it (this was between 1991 and 1993 when Nigerians didn't have the privilege of the internet). By 1993 , I decided to go with it, since I saw it wherever I went in The Bible. My life changed drastically as a result. Hell as a reason to live as a believer was abolished for me and knowing a righteous life was nonetheless expected of a believer, I had to find out the reasons for it.
I went through a lot of conflicts , but on the whole, I have never doubted my salvation since then.

Wow! am so happy for you 5solas. Its been a long time ago for you. Thank God forperseverance. The truth is that we are very very few. And yea, i understand what you passed through that time with no S.media. Right now i can't thank God enough for its availability, its hard to imagine how it would have been for some of us if things were as before.

Am so glad to meet you! smiley

I also hold true the 5solas of our faith! smiley

God bless!
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by paxonel(m): 7:00am On Mar 08, 2015
MrPresident1:

I have been reading your thread.

Are you genuinely ignorant, or you are deliberately peddling falsehood?
i understand how you feel.
i felt the same when i was told until i started reading Bible again, this time, with a different view and mindset.
not the Nigerian mindset.
like i will always say, it's not enough saying i am ignorant.
it's very simple, point out any of my comment that portray ignorance and correct me let's see.
Just one,..
you can put it this way, for example, this one you say this... you quote it out
then quote any Scripture that didn't say so.
then, you have proven i am ignorant.
mind you, no fallacies, if you commit in fallacy i will tell you the fallacy you are into.
i am only assuming that you are educated, otherwise, no point starting. Just ignore and go away
Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by 5solas(m): 10:09am On Mar 08, 2015
An2elect2:

Wow! am so happy for you 5solas. Its been a long time ago for you. Thank God forperseverance. The truth is that we are very very few. And yea, i understand what you passed through that time with no S.media. Right now i can't thank God enough for its availability, its hard to imagine how it would have been for some of us if things were as before.

Am so glad to meet you! smiley

I also hold true the 5solas of our faith! smiley

God bless!
Thanks. May the Lord bless you too. So glad to meet you too. Thank God for these truths , by His grace just as through the sufferings and endurance of others we've received them, so we must continue to preach them for the benefits of others.

1 Like

Re: Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? by An2elect2(f): 11:09am On Mar 08, 2015
5solas:

Thanks. May the Lord bless you too. So glad to meet you too. Thank God for these truths , by His grace just as through the sufferings and endurance of others we've received them, so we must continue to preach them for the benefits of others.

Amen!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Why Was Mary Chosen To Birth Jesus Christ? / Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.