Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,357 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

***between Two Fires***steph's Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ***between Two Fires***steph's Story (1186 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
Based on a true story...

© 2015.
All rights reserved.
No parts of this book may be reproduced or
transmitted in any form or by any means,
electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying, recording or by any information
storage retrieval system without without any
written permission from the Author.
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 10:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
Steph sat in the small room pensively sipping her tea. Guilt nagged at her for leaving Paul alone for so many days, but she reasoned that he was beginning to chafe at her mothering him and was probably delighted to be fending for himself, as a man.
Mary her roommate came in with sparkling eyes and Steph could tell she had news. "Darling, the most extraordinary thing! Ken is in town, I saw him on my way home".
"Oh, no!" Cried Steph, all her lovely prospects lying shattered at her feet and a small curve of fear threatening to knot inside her stomach. She saw her situation clearly, knew she was in danger of getting her fingers badly burn as she would constantly be between two fires, but the simple truth hit her.
She had chosen them both
She was going to get one out of the two
It was fate
The corners of Steph's mouth turned up in a secret little smile. "I think I'll borrow that pale pink outfit of yours today".

1 Like

Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2015
Paul a graduate of Accounting from the famous University of Nigeria, Nzukka, currently employed as an auditor at Chevron oil company PH. His work provided him the luxury of a two bedroom flat and a Toyota Camry. He was never married, but have loved unwisely several times and currently dating. To him Steph was all he could ever want. She is a girl who has all the values of a wife to be and she was endowed with all the necessary resources that made her a beauty. He always appreciate one of flavour's song "nwata nwere something" when he thinks about his Steph. He retrieved his phone from his pocket and scrolled through his contact and dialed Steph's number. She answered at the second ring.
"Hello honey, how has your day been?" He inquired.
"It has been fine my dear" she replied. "What about yours?"
"Fine as well. Just that I miss you a lot, you know it has been up to two weeks we saw each other".
"Am sorry for that sweetheart, just busy with lectures."
"Okay. Can you come around this weekend?"
"No. I can't , we have a field trip so I won't be available. Maybe next weekend." She said softly.
"Alright. No problem. Take care. I love you."
"Love you too. Bye."
Paul felt hurt. It kept ringing in his head that Steph has been avoiding him for some days now. Reasons best known to her. He decided to pay her a surprise visit. Yea....that's the right thing to do. He smiled.

1 Like

Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 10:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
It was past nine o'clock. Mary was still at home. Her head ached, her stomach rumbled. She anticipated a shower, the moment of stepping into it and the exquisite sensation of hot water pounding at her neck and shoulders. She has been writing an assignment that will be submitted on monday as she planned on going to the club tonight. As she was putting everything away, someone knocked on the door. She opened it and saw Paul. She was shocked because she knew her rummie had gone to Ken's house for the weekend and won't be back till sunday evening. She thought of what lie to tell Paul but couldn't find any. She was speechless but managed to greet him.
"Hi Paul."
"Hi Mary. Can I come in? Paul said.
Paul couldn't help to notice that her eyes were huge. He thrust out his hand towards her for a handshake. Her hand shook as she accepted his hand. Paul thought, She must be hiding something. Once inside the room he noticed that Steph was not there, he thought maybe she was in the bathroom or something.
"Where is Steph please?" He asked.
"Emm....she left the room since morning and never returned yet. You can call her to confirm where she is"
Mary couldn't get herself to lie. She glared steadily at Paul and discovered for the first time his cute face. Instantly she felt pity for him because she knew her friend was double dating. She imagined her married to him and it brought a smile to her face. She had been dating her departmental guy who could only provide her with a meager amount to take care of her minor needs like hair and clothing. She remembered one time she overhead Steph making demands of her school fees and house rent from Paul who always provides it as at when due. This fact irked Mary and a flame of jealousy liked at her mind, and she welcomed it. Emotions, at least, were something worth experiencing in this school environment where relationship were dry. A knife of anger plunged into her heart with the jealousy. She decided now and then that Paul deserved more than Steph was treating him. She felt obliged to help him ease his pain. She walked straight to the door and locked it, bolted and all. She faced Paul and started undressing. She was stark naked. Paul reacted to what he saw as his breathing became faster. He couldn't resist her kiss, her touch as she undressed him as well. He ended up spending the night with her.

1 Like

Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
Prettydiva89
ThRONeKID
Larrysun
Dyoungstar
Stuff56
Onemansquard
Chucks87
Abeg come with your squad to criticize. Miss u guys
Oya let's go there...
Jst a short story shaa

1 Like

Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 13, 2015
nellyme:
Prettydiva89
ThRONeKID
Larrysun
Dyoungstar
Stuff56
Onemansquard
Chucks87
Oya let's go there...
Jst a short story shaa
I've been here even before U created the thread.... Lol!
I'll help pull some invites and'll read soon. Battery Palava.

#Continue

1 Like

Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by chuks87(m): 7:41am On Apr 13, 2015
nellyme:
Prettydiva89
ThRONeKID
Larrysun
Dyoungstar
Stuff56
Onemansquard
Chucks87
Oya let's go there...
Jst a short story shaa

PRESENT MA'AM!!!

1 Like

Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 13, 2015
nellyme:
Prettydiva89
ThRONeKID
Larrysun
Dyoungstar
Stuff56
Onemansquard
Chucks87
Oya let's go there...
Jst a short story shaa
am present oo always present..oya lets go

1 Like

Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 9:12am On Apr 13, 2015
Ken felt on top of the world. He couldn't still phantom the idea that he will be with Steph alone through the weekend. He could remember those years he was asking her out. How she had rejected him on the ground that he never attended a University but was learning the arts of welders. Now he is fully settled and owes his own shop. He has boys working for him and could take care of a family. All thanks to Mary who saw him with his new red range rover ride on his way to the bank. He believed she must have feed Steph with stories about how rich he was now. He felt like a winner and decided to keep Steph to himself and never hurt her. She was too beautiful to be left alone. All his friends hailed him because he now dates an undergraduate even though he never saw the four walls of a University. He smiled to himself and thought, who said money cannot do anything.
Steph who just arrived few hours ago was at the bathroom, they were about to go clubbing tonight. He was going to rock her real hard tonight, turn her on that she couldn't be able to resist him. He smiled yet again as the prospects of tonight came tumbling down his naughty thoughts. His little johnny itched him. He felt he was already inside her, he couldn't wait for tonight.
Steph stepped out from the bathroom and walked to the bedroom. She retrieved the pale pink gown from her bag. She wore her undies and payed great attention to the colours that will match her outfit. The gown cut her above the knees thereby exhibiting exquisite legs that are straight, flawless and sexy. Her hips swayed back and front when she walked. She applied her make up and deodorant. she went to meet Ken as they both headed out to swingers. Ken held her waist possessively and felt proud to be associated with such a beauty.

*********************************æ

1 Like

Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2015
On monday Steph woke up and remembered she had left her dress outside after hand washing it. She thought she heard rain, just the first few drops. She didn't, it was just leaves rustling, but she was confused waking up like that. She got up and turned on the light. Mary was not in the room. She opened the bathroom and toilet, she was not there too. She let herself out, and went towards the clothe line to get her clothes. Then from the grass where there was a bush that had grown and spread, untended, two figures lifted themselves, didn't stand or even sit up, just roused their heads as if from bed, still tangled together some way. The door to her room was open so the light lit the yard enough to let her see their faces. Mary and Paul.
She never did get a look at what state their clothes were in, to see how far they have gone or were going. She wouldn't have wanted to. To see their faces was enough for her. Their mouths were big and swollen, their cheeks flattened, coarsened. Steph left her dress, she fled into the house. Hot tears filled her eyes, she couldn't believe her best friend and lover would do this to her. She blamed herself for her stupidity. She knew then that she didn't play her cards well. She loved Paul and was ready to marry him. Ken was just a fling. Paul was the real thing, her heartbeat, her everything. She was hurt all because of her stupid acts and for telling her friend all about her life. She went into her bed where she surprised herself by falling asleep. Mary never said a word about it to her the next day. All she said was, "I brought your dress in, Steph. I thought it might rain". As if she had never seen her out there. She let her think she had been fooled into believing that she didn't see her out there last night. That way, Steph was knowing more about what Mary looked like in the act of betrayal and pretending. She picked up her phone and dialed Paul's line.

1 Like

Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 13, 2015
but she wants to play runs nah. Haba why is she sad
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 10:04am On Apr 13, 2015
prettydiva89:
but she wants to play runs nah. Haba why is she sad

She loves him dats why
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 10:06am On Apr 13, 2015
Paul felt ashamed of himself. Last night Steph caught him with Mary outside their room while they make out. He had not wanted it but was forced by Mary to do so. His phone rang and the caller I.D showed Steph. He couldn't answer the call because she didn't react last night when she saw them rather she ran back inside. Her act got him thinking whether she really love him as she claimed. He felt really sorry and remorseful. He loved Steph. He had sex with Mary out of lust, he never meant to share anything with her but his manhood did otherwise. He couldn't bear the shame anymore, he entered his car and drove to Steph's house. He needed to apologize badly to her. He arrived at her house and met her alone. Her eyes were swollen and he needed no soothsayer to tell him she had been crying. He apologized to her while he knelt down. She accepted his apology. He asked her to marry him. She said before she could give her answer she had a confession to make as well. She told him what transpired between her and Ken. She also apologized and said it was just a fling, nothing serious. She insisted that she felt nothing for Ken. She was just having fun. Pauk was hurt and her plea confirmed his curiosity to the reason why she didn't make any remark when she caught him and Mary. All because she was guilty of the same crime. Cheating. He found it hard to forgive her. But he had to. He needed to. Because she was all he had. But he doubt he could ever trust her again.

1 Like

Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 10:07am On Apr 13, 2015
5 YEARS LATER

Paul and Steph were married with 3 kids. A girl and 2 boys. Paul always watched her every move. He never trusted her but they lived happily. They quarrel sometimes but still forgive themselves.

Ken married a hairdresser whom he impregnated and her family insisted he marry her. He still missed his love Steph.

Mary married a lawyer. They were blessed with 2 kids. 2 boys. She still sleeps around even with boys younger than herself. She was driven by sex and money.

Moral
Let love rule you, cos its the greatest.
Hey you reading this stop sleeping around. It won't add any value to your life rather make you look cheap, most especially we the female folks.

The story above is a true life story , it sure ended well but a lot didn't . They separate or poison each other. Just be careful.

THE END
Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 13, 2015
Nice one nellyme really nice and i learnt something. Thanks
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 13, 2015
Interesting
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
prettydiva89:
Nice one nellyme really nice and i learnt something. Thanks

Welcome dearie
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
Mhizblizz:
Interesting

Tnx dear
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by toykathy(f): 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
well written. Weldone op.
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by LarrySun(m): 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
I like this...well done, 'Nelly.
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by vcume(f): 12:42pm On Apr 13, 2015
This is good keep it up
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by theorbiters: 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
So Nellyme, you did not invite me??!! Okay na.
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
toykathy:
well written. Weldone op.

Tnx for reading dear

1 Like

Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
LarrySun:
I like this...well done, 'Nelly.

Wow. Tnx criticize it oooooo abeg
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2015
vcume:
This is good keep it up

Tnx dear for reading
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 4:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
theorbiters:
So Nellyme, you did not invite me??!! Okay na.

Am sorry dear but u still caught me. How was it? Hope u read it? Be honest wif me. Sorry once again
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by Sugarbabekemi(f): 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
Interesting smiley
Re: ***between Two Fires***steph's Story by nellyme(f): 4:34pm On Apr 13, 2015
Sugarbabekemi:
Interesting smiley

Tnx for reading

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Opinion Of The Book 'the Man Of The People' By Chinua Achebe / Tears Of A Teacher ( A Must Read For Teachers Day) / "DIARY Of An AWOITE"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.