Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

HARD TRUTH!!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HARD TRUTH!!!! (896 Views)

21 Hard Truth About Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
1 John 3:9

No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

ARE YOU STILL SINNING??

Psalm 11:5

The LORD examines the righteous, but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion.

ARE YOU RIGHTEOUS OR WICKED

GOD BLESS YOU!!!
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by kay1one2(m): 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
MUMU!!!

1 John 1:8-10 NIV

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
kay1one2:
MUMU!!!

1 John 1:8-10 NIV

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

THANKS FOR THE INSULTS BRO wink

THEY ARE NOT MY WORDS, THAT IS THE BIBLE....Jesus didnt die to license sins...in fact we died with him on the cross.....how then do you continue to sin?....see more

Hebrews 12:14

Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.

THANK YOU lipsrsealed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
1 John 3:6

No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
MORE

Hebrews 10:26 ESV

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

1 Timothy 1:10 ESV

The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

Romans 1:26-27

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error

WHO SAYS CHRISTIANS ARE GIVEN THE LICENSE TO SIN?

CHRISTIANITY IS HOLY LIVING..STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF angry

1 Like

Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
James 3:1-2 ESV

Not many of you should become[b] teachers,[/b] my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body.

Matthew 18:15-17

“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

2 Corinthians 5:10 ESV

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

James 2:26 ESV

For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

QUIT SIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
James 4:4 ESV

You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

Romans 6:1-12

What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! [i]How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? [/i]We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. ...

1 John 4:1 ESV

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Revelation 3:1-22 ESV

“And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: ‘The words of him who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. “‘I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you. Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels. ...
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ephesians 5:1 ESV

Therefore be[b] imitators of God,[/b] as beloved children.

Hebrews 6:10 ESV /

For God is not unjust so as to o[b]verlook your work[/b] and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ESV

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
1 John 1:9 ESV

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

MANY believers quote this to justify their sins; but how can you go back to your unrighteousness after the Lord HIMSELF has cleansed you? You are thus like a dog that eats back its vomit or a pig who muddies itself briefly after washing. DONT BE A PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
2 Corinthians 5:17 ES

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 E

Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us.

James 4:17 ESV

So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Matthew 7:16-20 ESV / 37 helpful votes

You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

KEEP ON DECEIVING YOURSELF WITH GRACE!!!!
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
Matthew 7:21-23 ES

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

CHRISTIANITY IS HOLINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 7:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
"And why not say (as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say), 'Let us do evil that good may come?' Their condemnation is just," (Rom. 3:cool. Notice that Paul says that those who accuse the Christians of doing evil are being slanderous.
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 7:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
"What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!" (Rom. 6:15).

1 Like

Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God," (1 Cor. 10:31)

"The one who says, 'I have come to know Him,' and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked," (1 John 2:4-6).

1 Like

Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
James 2:18: "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." James was speaking about being justified in the eyes of men. With God we are justified by faith alone; but with men we can only be justified by our works because men cannot see our heart (1st Samuel 16:7).

1 Like

Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 7:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us” (1 John 3:24)

1 Like

Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by kay1one2(m): 7:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
bingbagbo:

THANKS FOR THE INSULTS BRO wink

THEY ARE NOT MY WORDS, THAT IS THE BIBLE....Jesus didnt die to license sins...in fact we died with him on the cross.....how then do you continue to sin?....see more

Hebrews 12:14

Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.

THANK YOU lipsrsealed

Philippians 3:12-16 NIV

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

tongue
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
[size=18pt]

Paul writes in Romans 1:29–31 “They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless”
[/size]

1 Like

Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 7:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sin shall not have dominion over you; for ye are not under the law, but under grace. Rom. 6:14

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 24, 25

"Be ye holy, for I am holy." I Peter 1:15.
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 7:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
Job, of whom God said, "A perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil." There was Enoch who "walked with God" and "was not, for God took him." There was Zacharias and Elizabeth who "were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless." There was John the Baptist who was filled with the Holy Ghost from his mother's womb. There was Joseph who was sold into Egypt, but who loved his brethren who sold him into Egypt, and kept himself pure in the matter of Potiphar's wife. There was Daniel who was taken captive to Babylon, and Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and all the holy prophets and holy apostles, and all the saints of both the Old and New Testaments. The Bible clearly teaches that God's people can and do live without sin.
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
1 John 3:9[/b]

No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by Scholar8200(m): 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
We may choose to ignore these clear verses on earth while interpreting other verses to contradictory extremes, just to justify ourselves but the path of wisdom is to seek God for the grace that teaches and enables us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts and to live soberly, righteously and godly in this present world..(Titus 2:11-13) Bare in mind that the meek and lowly Jesus is also the Person Who spoke to the churches in Revelations 2 & 3. Especially the Church in Sardis, Thyatira and Laodecia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by BodePolScience: 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
kay1one2:

Philippians 3:12-16 NIV

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

tongue
why do you relate this to the subject matter of sin? can't you relate it to the subject matter of evangelism and soul winning?

'he that is born of God sinneth not'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by kay1one2(m): 7:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
BodePolScience:
why do you relate this to the subject matter of sin? can't you relate it to the subject matter of evangelism and soul winning?

'he that is born of God sinneth not'

Please read that scripture again. If you still don't get it, read my signature!
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by tartar9(m): 9:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
'xtianity' and contradictions smh
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 6:48am On Apr 23, 2015
tartar9:
'xtianity' and contradictions smh

which contradiction?
Re: HARD TRUTH!!!! by Scholar8200(m): 8:22am On Apr 23, 2015
Op, thanks for bringing all these to public domain; these are verses that have been ignored by many hence we have become people that profess that they know God but deny Him in works. These are days when many define grace as - God's permission to walk in the Broadway and still enter through the Narrow Gate to life!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Rccg's Pastor Adeboye's Son Healed Along With Hospital Ward-mates In USA? / Pics: Is This Real? / What An Occultist Said About The Worship Of Mary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.