Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor (26038 Views)

Nollywood Stars Ken Eric Dating Rachael Okonkwo (nkoli Nwa Nsuka Star)photos / Peter Bunor Is Dead: Veteran Nollywood Actor Dies In Asaba / Uche Jombo, Mike Ezuruonye & Others Pour In Tributes For Muna Obiekwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by liljboy(m): 8:42pm On May 02, 2015
Colleagues of Nollywood veteran actor, Peter Bunor, on Saturday paid glowing tributes to him, describing his death as an irreplaceable loss to the movie industry and the nation at large.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the son of the deceased, Bunor Jnr, had on Friday posted on his Facebook page: “ In the early hours of today, my father, friend, teacher, confidant passed on.’’

NAN also reports that the late actor died in Asaba, the Delta capital.

Bunor, who suffered a stroke some years ago, was said to have complained about neglect by his colleagues.

Hanks Anuku, an actor, described the deceased as a man who would be remembered for his unquenchable energy and one who “ exudes the demeanor of last man standing.’’

“Everyone who knew him can attest to the fact that he carried within him an undying urge toward selflessness.

“ He made himself readily available and good to go no matter the situation.

“ We will miss him greatly; I pray that Nollywood will ever remain the same with his indefinite absence,’’ he said.

Another Nollywood actor, Miss Sarah Lilian, told NAN that Bunor was one of the industry’s patriarchs and pioneers.

Lilian said his death would create a great vacuum in the movie community.

“Though Peter Bunor has been absent from the scene for a while before his death, we must give it to him even in death.

“ He was a great actor, father and a good role interpreter and most of us benefitted from his wealth of experience,’’ she said.

But Hamida Suleiman, an actress, expressed disappointment at the attitude of the Actors Guild of Nigeria.

The actress, who accused the guild of abandoning members whenever they had challenges, said: “ Here we go again, what is really happening to Nollywood stars?

“ Now my heart goes out to the family. I am very disappointed at the Actors Guild of Nigeria for not giving adequate care to members suffering from one health challenge or the other.

“ It is not enough to come out with candles every time, most deaths would not have occurred if we knew what to do on time.

“We need to sit up and see how we can address the challenges of members, especially health wise.

“ Rest in peace, Peter Bunor.”

Bunor had appeared in many soaps such as Cock Crow at Dawn, Memorial Hospital and Checkmate as well as numerous movies such as Living in Bondage.

He is survived by his children and grand children. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/entertainment/inside-nollywood/430381/nollywood-stars-pay-tributes-to-late-bunor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by sexycat: 9:03pm On May 02, 2015
Eyaaah RIP sir, he was a very good actor, I remembered him on set living in bondage as well as Checkmate, good old days when movies are real and interesting to watch. May his soul rest in perfect peace.

FTC tinz, # na Godwin#

13 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by sinaj(f): 9:22pm On May 02, 2015
R.I.P to da dead.
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by mamayo99: 9:47pm On May 02, 2015
dsa
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 02, 2015
Hmm. Rest in peace
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by pretydiva(f): 5:41am On May 03, 2015
This is wat dey no how 2 do best..2 pay tributes..buh wil never care 4 each other wen dey r in need..smh

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by vjsmiles: 7:36am On May 03, 2015
pretydiva:
This is wat dey no how 2 do best..2 pay tributes..buh wil never care 4 each other wen dey r in need..smh

6 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by Nickymezor(f): 2:22pm On May 03, 2015
May ur soul rest in peace mr Bunor...
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 03, 2015
RIP Mr. Bunor
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by sexyjennik(f): 7:10pm On May 03, 2015
Rip cry may his soul rest in perfect peace

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by Kelvin3028(m): 7:19pm On May 03, 2015
RIP
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:20pm On May 03, 2015
Funny how we pay tribute without caring for those that needed help when they were still alive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by Peacewealth(f): 7:20pm On May 03, 2015
watin concern bicycle with filling station

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by BIBblacboy: 7:21pm On May 03, 2015
rest in peace
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by pretydamsel1(f): 7:21pm On May 03, 2015
that's what they are good at 'always paying tribute when they are dead but don't care about their wellbeing when they are alive' smh

rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by uhalauju(f): 7:22pm On May 03, 2015
RIP .......Nollywood icon.
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by Faculty14(m): 7:22pm On May 03, 2015
R.I.P
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by bro4u: 7:22pm On May 03, 2015
J
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by jamex93(m): 7:22pm On May 03, 2015
OK
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by stonecoldcafe: 7:22pm On May 03, 2015
RIP sir. I was so shocked this topic and the Royal princess birth was not on front page yesterday. Lalasticala wetin happen nah? We must be on the ball at all times. Most times na Nairaland I dey get my breaking news. Make e nor stop I beg. Besides that, you guys are doing a very good job. FP is always lively now.
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by lekjons(m): 7:23pm On May 03, 2015
They wont help him when he was still alive in hospital, but'll spend millions to pay tribute to him
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by onuwaje(m): 7:23pm On May 03, 2015
It's a norm for them nt to care for their colleagues and when he/she dies the tributes starts flowing in
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by mytime24(f): 7:23pm On May 03, 2015
Rip
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by zigger(m): 7:23pm On May 03, 2015
Dem don dey die...one by one. I wish Mr death would leave our actors and actresses and divert to our politician. Rip peter

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by Toskie92(f): 7:24pm On May 03, 2015
They only pay tribute! If only they had done more while he was alive, yeye people

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by ezeagu(m): 7:24pm On May 03, 2015
Peacewealth:
watin concern bicycle with filling station

Why are Nigerians like this?

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by ayogstar(m): 7:26pm On May 03, 2015
R.I.P sir
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by kingiykon(m): 7:27pm On May 03, 2015
Rip
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by bro4u: 7:27pm On May 03, 2015
Nollywood actors and actresses need to pray because the death befalling them these days...no b here ooo
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by ifeelgood: 7:27pm On May 03, 2015
May your children do better than you did.
Re: Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor by lonelydora: 7:29pm On May 03, 2015
RIP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seun Egbegbe Dragged To The Police By Toyin Aimakhu As He Signs Undertaking / 'It Was A Mistake To Think (buhari's Govt) Was The Way Forward' - Rapper Eldee / Funke Akindele Wows For ThisDay Style Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.