Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here - Career (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here (623367 Views)

ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / Breaking news : ICAN releases the result of 2016 May Diet Exam / ICAN May/june 2016 Diet Exam- Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (177) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by kayyd: 1:17pm On May 21, 2016
.... I did only sfm..... It was sumhw especially the no one
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by T4kbaba(m): 2:25pm On May 21, 2016
haibe:

I saw the PM exam paper.. I think it was fair enough . One could easily get all the 30 marks on the question on investment appraisal for example. Other questions had little technicality to it. But all in all I expect the pass rate to be above par.

What of FR bro.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by T4kbaba(m): 2:27pm On May 21, 2016
kayyd:
.... I did only sfm..... It was sumhw especially the no one

Best of luck bro.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by haibe(m): 3:11pm On May 21, 2016
T4kbaba:

What of FR bro.
I haven't seen the FR paper. Although FR is generally a more easier paper to pass when compared to PM

1 Like

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by luckgood(m): 3:07pm On May 22, 2016
When is may result likely to be out house?
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by T4kbaba(m): 5:51pm On May 22, 2016
luckgood:
When is may result likely to be out house?

1st or 2nd week of July.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by AccaPack(m): 6:55pm On May 22, 2016
Anytime from June 20th, 4 weeks for May diet while it's 6 weeks (Christmas break) for November diet
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by Talkingboy: 7:32am On May 23, 2016
Hi . Don't u av any whatsapp group ?
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by luckgood(m): 8:36pm On May 23, 2016
T4kbaba:

1st or 2nd week of July.

Thanks
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by seyema(m): 12:00am On May 24, 2016
Anybody with study pack for skill level
Oderinde.seye111@gmail.com
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by Koolmak(m): 1:58pm On May 24, 2016
haibe:

I saw the PM exam paper.. I think it was fair enough . One could easily get all the 30 marks on the question on investment appraisal for example. Other questions had little technicality to it. But all in all I expect the pass rate to be above par.
It's much easier to give this kind of view when you didn't participate though.

3 Likes

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by haibe(m): 6:35pm On May 24, 2016
Koolmak:
It's much easier to give this kind of view when you didn't participate though.

You mean if I participated I would "perform less"?

I solved the question on investment appraisal that same day my sister brought the question home and there is no way I wouldn't get the 30 marks complete in that part (maybe because I take financial management and do stuffs harder than that).. the remaining questions would definitely earn me at least another 30 marks (Am being prudent). Which equals at least 60%.. That's for me though, I only said I expect pass rate above par because I think the questions weren't as challenging as some I have seen in the past, I may be wrong though.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by ruffneck(m): 8:12pm On May 24, 2016
haibe:

You mean if I participated I would "perform less"?

I solved the question on investment appraisal that same day my sister brought the question home and there is no way I wouldn't get the 30 marks complete in that part (maybe because I take financial management and do stuffs harder than that).. the remaining questions would definitely earn me at least another 30 marks (Am being prudent). Which equals at least 60%.. That's for me though, I only said I expect pass rate above par because I think the questions weren't as challenging as some I have seen in the past, I may be wrong though.
Yeah.....u r vry wrong
Its easier said.....
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by BarryJones(m): 11:50am On May 25, 2016
Hello Dentrice please can you suggest materials i can use to prepare for Audit and Tax- i am a newbie in Professional level
dentrice:
for CR, use the ican study pack and most importantly accca past questions from 2010 till date. case study also use ACCA text and questions. but for sfm, use ican study pack and most importantly financial management by oye akinsulere
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by ogedanny: 2:40pm On May 25, 2016
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by haibe(m): 4:04pm On May 25, 2016
ruffneck:

Yeah.....u r vry wrong
Its easier said.....
ok u are right though . Difficulty of a paper is relative. Some people would find certain questions hard while others find them simple
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by segcypaul: 6:28am On May 26, 2016
Please Ican colleagues, anyone with soft copy of SFM and CS pathfinder and materials. My email is segcypaul@gmail.com thanks. May God reward u as u do so
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by Shinelle(f): 9:45am On May 26, 2016
ruffneck:

Yeah.....u r vry wrong
Its easier said.....
exactly. .. and by the way he said he takes financial management and I know Investment Appraisal is a core topic there...
in PM , capital budgeting/investment appraisal is a minute area of the syllabus so u won't be surprised some people didn't even know it was there let alone prepare for it to get 30 marks !

P.S: Solving Past Questions at home is nothing compared to being on a hot seat... na by dat one?
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by kayusre: 12:35pm On May 26, 2016
please anybody with an idea or know a good ican tutor centre in berga lagos?close to river valley estate....and an ideea of the fee for the 4foundation class?
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by haibe(m): 2:12pm On May 26, 2016
Shinelle:

exactly. .. and by the way he said he takes financial management and I know Investment Appraisal is a core topic there...
in PM , capital budgeting/investment appraisal is a minute area of the syllabus so u won't be surprised some people didn't even know it was there let alone prepare for it to get 30 marks !

P.S: Solving Past Questions at home is nothing compared to being on a hot seat... na by dat one?

I totally agree that it's a minute area and I didnt also expect a question on it.. but one thing I have learnt writing exams is that the examiner can shock candidates any time. As long as a topic is in the syllabus, do not assume it will not be tested. You may give it less concentration because of its low frequency of it being examined but at least have a good idea of it before moving on. One thing I do when preparing for an exam is to cover every area of the syllabus basically (so that I can confidently attempt every question), after that I now concentrate on the very examinable areas.

As per sitting on the hot seat in the exam, you are totally right, it's nothing to compared to solving question outside the exam hall. But then again if you know the subject area very well, expected errors and mistakes will be very minimal. Good thing we are allowed to have up to 50% mistakes and errors.

1 Like

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by Shinelle(f): 6:39pm On May 26, 2016
haibe:

I totally agree that it's a minute area and I didnt also expect a question on it.. but one thing I have learnt writing exams is that the examiner can shock candidates any time. As long as a topic is in the syllabus, do not assume it will not be tested. You may give it less concentration because of its low frequency of it being examined but at least have a good idea of it before moving on. One thing I do when preparing for an exam is to cover every area of the syllabus basically (so that I can confidently attempt every question), after that I now concentrate on the very examinable areas.

As per sitting on the hot seat in the exam, you are totally right, it's nothing to compared to solving question outside the exam hall. But then again if you know the subject area very well, expected errors and mistakes will be very minimal. Good thing we are allowed to have up to 50% mistakes and errors.

I like your view point. . .
however, your first paragraph reflects a true ican student who probably attends all necessary lectures and covers syllabus, you haven't taken into account those with a 7-7 I don't want to say 9 to 5 with maybe a week leave. For them it would be practically impossible to cover all areas of the syllabus eg the Capital budgeting with Tax and inflation et al while reading I.T, Planning and Control, and Decision Making and Performance Measurement areas and there numerous topics within.....

it's like saying someone should read and prepare for deep questions on each and every standard in FR because they are all equally examinable.
It is the right thing to do but then easier said....

I do agree with your conclusion, no matter our study methods, we have 50% allowance, hopefully we cross over.
I rest.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by haibe(m): 7:09pm On May 26, 2016
Shinelle:

I like your view point. . .
however, your first paragraph reflects a true ican student who probably attends all necessary lectures and covers syllabus, you haven't taken into account those with a 7-7 I don't want to say 9 to 5 with maybe a week leave. For them it would be practically impossible to cover all areas of the syllabus eg the Capital budgeting with Tax and inflation et al while reading I.T, Planning and Control, and Decision Making and Performance Measurement areas and there numerous topics within.....

it's like saying someone should read and prepare for deep questions on each and every standard in FR because they are all equally examinable.
It is the right thing to do but then easier said....

I do agree with your conclusion, no matter our study methods, we have 50% allowance, hopefully we cross over.
I rest.

LOL I actually do hear people talk about work and all as a reason for not covering the syllabus. To be honest , work takes our time. I don't work for long hours but even if I do, I would rather opt for less papers. Some people know they are working for long hours and would still take 3, 4 and even 6 papers. When they fail, they say it's because they are working. I have already decided that if I am working that long, i would not be taking more than 2 papers to increase my chance of passing. What I have noticed is that most people would want to take as much papers as possible knowing fully well that they don't have time. In the end, they fail and get demotivated to even continue the exam. And I ask myself what's the point of taking so many papers when you don't have time? Why waste your resources because you want to complete your exam very quickly and then u end up failing. Besides if we really are writing this exams to build up our career, then we should take it slow and learn from every bit of each syllabus. This will help us a lot in the short or long run.

2 Likes

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by ruffiyke(m): 7:23pm On May 26, 2016
Pls pals I am an AAT Holder, can anyone help me with an accounting related job. In lagos state
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by mtsh: 1:38pm On May 28, 2016
hi everyone.know how i can get hard copies of foundation level exams study packs?i stay in ijebu ode.thanks much
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by sisichels(f): 4:43pm On May 28, 2016
please I need the study packs and past questions for the foundation level. please send to helenchels@yahoo.com
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by mandonnels(m): 7:29pm On May 29, 2016
please i need ICAN study packs for foundation level.am a newbie.
nelsonebomah@gmail.com
thanks in anticipation
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by Saheed69(m): 9:40am On Jun 12, 2016
Good day to you friends,
Please can you help me to choose between Student PYE ICAN tutorial center and Superiorpoints ICAN tutorial center. I don't know which one is better.

Note: both of them are accredited by ICAN.

Kindly suggest for me.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by haibe(m): 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
Saheed69:
Good day to you friends,
Please can you help me to choose between Student PYE ICAN tutorial center and Superiorpoints ICAN tutorial center. I don't know which one is better.

Kindly suggest for me.

I know PYE is very good but I don't know about the superpoints
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by abeksam(m): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2016
I want to register for ican and write the exam in November. Pls i need a good study center in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by accavideoslsbf: 6:43am On Jun 13, 2016
l.

1 Like

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by Omoluabi16(m): 11:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
Saheed69:
Good day to you friends,

Kindly suggest for me.
I'll suggest you go for superior points. Its tested and trusted.

1 Like

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by accavideoslsbf: 6:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
l

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (177) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.