Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! (2011 Views)

Photos: Chinese Man Brings Coins To Buy An SUV, Takes 4 Staff 12 Hours To Finish / A Thread For Some Of The World's Most Romantic Super Rides. / How Floyd Mayweather Ordered £1.5m Bugatti In 12 Hours From Nigerian Dealer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by salvo583: 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2015
good evening nairalanders,sorry for typing this topic in block letters; i am about to get my first car in the next 12 hours. I want to choose between the Toyota Highlander 2005 i4 and the Nissan Altima 2008 2.5S; your reviews can help help this confused brother
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by carbon1224(m): 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
Toyota highlander best choice
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by Raymie(m): 8:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
Highlander
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by chillex8(m): 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nissan altima 2008.
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
salvo583:
good evening nairalanders,sorry for typing this topic in block letters; i am about to get my first car in the next 12 hours. I want to choose between the Toyota Highlander 2005 i4 and the Nissan Altima 2008 2.5S; your reviews can help help this confused brother

What do you need these cars for?

I mean What's your intended use of these cars?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by salvo583: 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
thanks y'all!!
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by salvo583: 10:20pm On Jun 03, 2015
lomomike:

What do you need these cars for?

I mean What's your intended use of these cars?
Just to drive from ibadan(home) to oyo town (work) majorly everyday. Nd supervise technicians on the site/field as an engineer if need be
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by swaggerkid(m): 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
salvo583:

Just to drive from ibadan(home) to oyo town (work) majorly everyday. Nd supervise technicians on the site/field as an engineer if need be

the highlander should do then
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
salvo583:

Highlander. You might end up using it to pick items such as cement, tools and some other stuffs sedans can't carry. Its a decent vehicle.
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by salvo583: 10:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
lomomike:

Highlander. You might end up using it to pick items such as cement, tools and some other stuffs sedans can't carry. Its a decent vehicle.
thanks boss
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by salvo583: 10:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
swaggerkid:

the highlander should do then
thanks

1 Like

Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by salvo583: 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
how about the fuel effienciency,cost and assesibility of spare parts?
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by sultaan(m): 1:39am On Jun 04, 2015
salvo583:
how about the fuel effienciency,cost and assesibility of spare parts?

Oh no you didn't go there shocked
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by salvo583: 6:13am On Jun 04, 2015
my gurus in the house pls advice on the reliability and access to spare parts and automechs
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 04, 2015
Highlander.
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by Goodwinners: 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
salvo583:
my gurus in the house pls advice on the reliability and access to spare parts and automechs

If you are concern about spare parts and reliability, then you should go for Highlander
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by salvo583: 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2015
i was presented an hilux for an official car at work, is highlander still a sure bet?
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by Raymie(m): 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2015
salvo583:
i was presented an hilux for an official car at work, is highlander still a sure bet?
Yes.
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by betandwin8484: 1:08pm On Jun 05, 2015
salvo583:

It's has been more than 12 hours, grin grin grin so what was your choice ?
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by Stancity(m): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
Get yourself the highlander...
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by salvo583: 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2015
the choice was an altima 2008 s, the highlander engine wasnt in a good condition. cos my mode of payment is installmental
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
salvo583:
the choice was an altima 2008 s, the highlander engine wasnt in a good condition. cos my mode of payment is installmental

Explain the bolded.
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by salvo583: 7:17am On Jun 06, 2015
lomomike:

Explain the bolded.
black smoke cmg from the exhaust,the steering was shaking vigorously at 80km/h and yet its millage is 62k.
bought the altima too, and i am regreting cos of the ground clearance. looking for a way to discard n ASAP n get a RAV4
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by nurey(m): 8:49am On Jun 06, 2015
I will advice you cool down first cause two wrongs can never make a right. You already made a bad choice now the issue is selling a Nigerian used 2008 altima at a convenient price for you may be an issue, I won't even go near a Nigerian used altima myself.

Your best bet is you will need to do some professional adjustment to help raise the altima ground clearance and help improve its shocks and springs, I just wonder why u picked a potential sports car in the first place you can contact nisspart for the outline and cost.

If by chance you sold the altima please do your research well before jumping into another wahala there are tons of cars from different manufacturers that can give you value for your money.
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by salvo583: 8:52am On Jun 06, 2015
Thanks nurey
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 06, 2015
nurey:
I will advice you cool down first cause two wrongs can never make a right. You already made a bad choice now the issue is selling a Nigerian used 2008 altima at a convenient price for you may be an issue, I won't even go near a Nigerian used altima myself.

Your best bet is you will need to do some professional adjustment to help raise the altima ground clearance and help improve its shocks and springs, I just wonder why u picked a potential sports car in the first place you can contact nisspart for the outline and cost.

If by chance you sold the altima please do your research well before jumping into another wahala there are tons of cars from different manufacturers that can give you value for your money.

Nissan Altima especially the Sports trim DON'T fair well with raising of ride height.
Re: Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! by nurey(m): 11:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
lomomike:

Nissan Altima especially the Sports trim DON'T fair well with raising of ride height.

I no ask am to turn the ride to a CUV or SUV but there is this back shocks and spring modification done on the altima/maxima to extend its ground clearance and allow the shocks to stiffen to further deter uneven road feel.

(1) (Reply)

First Senate president In Nigeria Garage / New Arrival Of A Tin Can cleared Lexus Rx 330 In Benin City (Pics included) / The Hook-up - Lagos Meets Los Angeles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.