Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

not available - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / not available (14996 Views)

Not Available AnymoreNot Available Anymore / Not Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
ncolumella:
Obviously, a range of household LP Gas appliances to meet different needs and budgets is essential for new consumer formation. However, demand will be limited until consumer confidence in LP Gas is reestablished. The initial cost will present problems, particularly in extending LP Gas access for the poor. Much can be learned from experience in other countries about the design and manufacture of household appliances adapted to local cooking practices.
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 10:18am On Jul 22, 2015
Good morning
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 10:55am On Jul 23, 2015
For more information, purchase the plan
Re: not available by slim49z(m): 1:58pm On Jul 23, 2015
Does this feasibility say anything about acquiring land and the big tanks needed for ph and Abuja. Am talking big scale here.
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
slim49z:
Does this feasibility say anything about acquiring land and the big tanks needed for ph and Abuja. Am talking big scale here.

No... what you are asking for is a different Business project.
cost of us doing a feasibility on your project is N120, 000.

1 Like

Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 8:32am On Jul 25, 2015
For Entrepreneurs
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
call for more information
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 9:12am On Jul 26, 2015
Good morning
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
up
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
ncolumella:
For Entrepreneurs
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 10:20am On Jul 27, 2015
Good morning
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
up
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 11:42am On Jul 28, 2015
Good morning
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 10:26am On Aug 05, 2015
morning
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 4:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
up
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 8:26pm On Aug 05, 2015
UP
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2015
good Morning
Re: not available by laudate: 11:59am On Aug 06, 2015
ncolumella:
The target for the revitalization of the domestic LP Gas market is to achieve per capita consumption of 3.7 kg per year. This would result in an annual consumption of some 462,500 tons per year, which would mean a retail LP Gas industry of some N37 billion per year. This will generate significant opportunities for existing industry players and new investors. The initial investment needs will be approximately US$130 million. This is to cover the domestic supply project, the rehabilitation and privatization of the butanization depots, the initial replacement of unsafe cylinders, the upgrade of refinery evacuation facilities, and the setting up and resourcing of the new association. The actual costs will largely depend on the chosen option for the domestic supply project, its scale, and whether it is utilizing a new gas stream rather than diverting product destined for export.

I feel sorry for whoever buys your report. It is too long on grammar and too short on reality. Anyone going into the LPG Gas business should talk to the actual operators in the field, and not somebody selling a report with little or no knowledge about the facts on the ground. undecided

When you copy and paste, please do so with a bit of knowledge. Your initial post stated: "Propane or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) popularly called "cooking gas"..."

In Nigeria, the accepted standard for cooking gas is Butane CH4, and NOT Propane CH3. Get your facts right.

3 Likes

Re: not available by laudate: 12:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
tafrica:
OP, could you explain why gas cylinders don't have gauge, is it too expensive to build a cylinder with guage? This is essential to prevent sudden exhaustion of gas during cooking.
Kudos to you.
Can I have your email address?

There are several regulators that carry a gauge. Just check in the markets with those who sell new cylinders or check at gas plants where cylinders are refilled. undecided
Re: not available by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
laudate:

There are several regulators that carry a gauge. Just check in the markets with those who sell new cylinders or check at gas plants where cylinders are refilled. undecided

You seem to be familiar with the industry. Do you operate a gas plant?
Re: not available by laudate: 2:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
INDESTRUCTABLEX:

You seem to be familiar with the industry. Do you operate a gas plant?

Yep. Been in the industry for a few years.
Re: not available by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 10:07pm On Aug 06, 2015
laudate:

Yep. Been in the industry for a few years.

Nice. I have someone in it too. Want to startup but still engaged by my country for now.

2-3 months understudying of an actual plant before starting off.

What's the minimum I can start with in terms of mere delivery or actual setup of a plant.

I know it requires DPR licensing or so.
Re: not available by tafrica(m): 11:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
nitrogen:
Hmmmm.....cool initiative, anyone into this already or planning to, that needs capital, equity, loan, whatever, am ready to give out upto 20% of the initial.

Please where are you based?
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 10:06am On Aug 07, 2015
up
Re: not available by laudate: 11:10am On Aug 07, 2015
INDESTRUCTABLEX:

Nice. I have someone in it too. Want to startup but still engaged by my country for now.

2-3 months understudying of an actual plant before starting off.

What's the minimum I can start with in terms of mere delivery or actual setup of a plant.

I know it requires DPR licensing or so.

It would depend on a lot of factors. I can't give you a figure off the top of my head. undecided

Mini- Gas Skid: You can start with a mini gas skid with one or two filling heads & scales, and a 5MT gas storage tank. I don't advocate anything less than 5MT for starters, because of the need to recoup logistics costs charged by the LPG Gas Trucks that deliver the gas. Total capacity of the Gas tank should be at least 6.5 -7MT in order to make allowance for the required 20% regulatory ullage space to prevent pressure build-up;

Medium Size Skid: You could go for a medium size LPG Storage Skid of 10MT to 15 MT with about 3-4 filling heads and scales, or a digital LPG auto-gas dispenser and 2 filling heads/scales;

Standard Gas Plant: Or you could have a standard 20MT to 30MT LPG Gas Plant with 5-8 filling heads & scale on a standard 4 plots of land.

Please note that you require fires suppression or prevention systems to be installed in each of these locations as well. wink

With the mini-gas skid, you need less than a plot size, but please ensure it is located in a commercial area close to the expressway, where an LPG Truck bringing the gas can easily turn and manoeuvre to discharge its contents into your storage tank. Accessibility is very important.

You could also arrange to lease space in an already existing petrol station, to place your mini gas skid there, in order to attract customers and get visibility. cool

With a medium sized gas plant, you would also need to have at least 2 plots or more (need to check the DPR guidelines);

With a standard size gas plant, at least 4 plots is required. Safety, security, proper installation and accessibility is very important. shocked

Provision of adequate fire extinguishers, laying of pipes, valves, connectors, security and safety equipment adds to the cost of setting up the LPG skid or plant. A price cannot be given, as a survey would first have to be conducted, to ascertain the kind of civil works to be carried out to install the gas skid or gas plant, the type of equipment selected and all the other costs associated with provision of fire prevention systems. undecided

Finally, DPR Licensing is required for all these different types of gas plants.

Kindly read the DPR guidelines for more information: https://dpr.gov.ng/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Procedure-Guide-for-Construction-of-LPG-Filling-Plant-and-Autogas-Station.pdf

2 Likes

Re: not available by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
laudate:

It would depend on a lot of factors. I can't give you a figure off the top of my head. undecided

Mini- Gas Skid: You can start with a mini gas skid with one or two filling heads & scales, and a 5MT gas storage tank. I don't advocate anything less than 5MT for starters, because of the need to recoup logistics costs charged by the LPG Gas Trucks that deliver the gas. Total capacity of the Gas tank should be at least 6.5 -7MT in order to make allowance for the required 20% regulatory ullage space to prevent pressure build-up;

Medium Size Skid: You could go for a medium size LPG Storage Skid of 10MT to 15 MT with about 3-4 filling heads and scales, or a digital LPG auto-gas dispenser and 2 filling heads/scales;

Standard Gas Plant: Or you could have a standard 20MT to 30MT LPG Gas Plant with 5-8 filling heads & scale on a standard 4 plots of land.

Please note that you require fires suppression or prevention systems to be installed in each of these locations as well. wink

With the mini-gas skid, you need less than a plot size, but please ensure it is located in a commercial area close to the expressway, where an LPG Truck bringing the gas can easily turn and manoeuvre to discharge its contents into your storage tank. Accessibility is very important.

You could also arrange to lease space in an already existing petrol station, to place your mini gas skid there, in order to attract customers and get visibility. cool

With a medium sized gas plant, you would also need to have at least 2 plots or more (need to check the DPR guidelines);

With a standard size gas plant, at least 4 plots is required. Safety, security, proper installation and accessibility is very important. shocked

Provision of adequate fire extinguishers, laying of pipes, valves, connectors, security and safety equipment adds to the cost of setting up the LPG skid or plant. A price cannot be given, as a survey would first have to be conducted, to ascertain the kind of civil works to be carried out to install the gas skid or gas plant, the type of equipment selected and all the other costs associated with provision of fire prevention systems. undecided

Finally, DPR Licensing is required for all these different types of gas plants.

Kindly read the DPR guidelines for more information: https://dpr.gov.ng/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Procedure-Guide-for-Construction-of-LPG-Filling-Plant-and-Autogas-Station.pdf

Thanks. Already read through DPR guidelines. I will proceed to understudy before kicking off. Where are you located?
Re: not available by laudate: 12:32pm On Aug 07, 2015
Lagos. cool
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 10:55am On Aug 08, 2015
morning
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
deleted
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 9:25am On Aug 09, 2015
good morning
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
up
Re: not available by ncolumella(m): 10:17am On Aug 10, 2015
morning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Candle-making In Nigeria: Pls Guide Me With Ur Ideas / Dangote To Commence Sale Of Fertilisers Monday / Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.