Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Get Windows 10 Right Now: Share your Windows 10 Experience. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Get Windows 10 Right Now: Share your Windows 10 Experience. (1681 Views)

How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot / Here's How You Can Get Windows 10 Right Now / Not Able To Update? Get WINDOWS 10 On Your PC? Follow This Steps Below. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get Windows 10 Right Now: Share your Windows 10 Experience. by basille(m): 12:27am On Jul 30, 2015
As you're no doubt aware, today is Windows 10 launch day. If you're already registered for the new OS, now it's just a waiting game as Microsoft pushes out the update.

Don't want to wait? You don't have to: There's actually a Windows 10 download page where you can grab the OS right now. Although it appears to be focused on creating installation media (e.g., a DVD or flash drive), you can use it for in-place upgrades -- no external media required.

Next, head to the Windows 10 download page, scroll down a bit and click Download Tool Now. (Most users will want the 64-bit version, but obviously you should go 32-bit if that's the version of Windows your system already runs.)

Run the tool, then choose "Upgrade this PC." From there it's just a matter of waiting while Windows 10 downloads, verifies and installs -- with the inevitable reboot or two along the way.

Needless to say, you should definitely back up your data first. You may also want to consider installing a rollback tool like Easeus System GoBack. Although Windows 10 has a rollback feature of its own, the option expires after one month. GoBack should work indefinitely.

SOURCE

For those who have upgraded, what's the experience like?
Re: Get Windows 10 Right Now: Share your Windows 10 Experience. by basille(m): 12:31am On Jul 30, 2015
I'm giving this a shot, will update when i'm done.

Re: Get Windows 10 Right Now: Share your Windows 10 Experience. by podosci(m): 12:38am On Jul 30, 2015
What's the size
Re: Get Windows 10 Right Now: Share your Windows 10 Experience. by basille(m): 12:47am On Jul 30, 2015
podosci:
What's the size
I do not know. But i estimate it to be 3gb. Will know for sure when i'm done with the download.

1 Like

Re: Get Windows 10 Right Now: Share your Windows 10 Experience. by basille(m): 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
First thing you would notice after installing windows 10 is your GPU may not be detected and the inability to turn off automatic updating of windows.
In the first case, run windows update, it should automatically start downloading drivers for your GPU and other updates.
For the second case, check here for detailed instructions on how to beat this.
Re: Get Windows 10 Right Now: Share your Windows 10 Experience. by basille(m): 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
If you cannot Adjust your Screen Brightness after Windows 10 Update, follow these steps.

Go to device manager
Right click on "Display adapter "
Uninstall the display adapter
Click on -> Action -> Scan for hardware change
Update drivers of devices under display adapter
Reboot your PC.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Watch Free Live Tv News, Sports, Entertainments, Discoveries, On Laptop/pc / Fairly Used Richo Photocopy Machine For Sale / My Laptop Battery Cannot Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.