Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Who Killed Mama Oyinbo (An Educative Short Script) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Killed Mama Oyinbo (An Educative Short Script) (1430 Views)

TURBULENCE- A Short Script On the Awareness of Child Abuse and Domestic Violence / Complete List Of Winners In The Mtv Base Mama Awards 2015 / Photos From MTV Mama Awards 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Killed Mama Oyinbo (An Educative Short Script) by Leroid(f): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
WHO KILLED MAMA OYINBO?
Written by Ayokunle Olagoke

INT. SMALL DARK ROOM

Inside the dark room is a stainless steel bowl placed on a wooden stool containing forceps, cranioclast, syringe with spinal needle, uterine Currette, manual vaccum aspiration. The room is lighted with a rechargeable lamp. The sound of a woman wailing is heard. Mama Oyinbo seen struggling on a wooden table lined with an ankara cloth. Gradually her voice wanes.

MAMA OYINBO
Sisi Titi!

SISI TITI
Mama Oyinbo! Mama Oyinbo!

EXT. BURIAL GROUND. DAY TIME

People are present at the burial site. 3 young girls on the front role with Okoro(38). They all wear same pattern of cloth.

OKORO
(whispers to one of the girls) Where is your brother?

Suddenly, Chucks appears at a distance holding a cutlass, he rushes towards Okoro

CHUCKS
He killed mama! he killed her

There is confusion around

OKORO
Hold him please (moving backwards)
Some men try to approach Chucks

CHUCKS
Don’t come near me

On getting to the site, Okoro is guided by some elderly men persuading Chucks to calm down

PA RAPHAEL
Calm down my boy, please don’t let us have 2 dead bodies, tell us what happened

CHUCKS
I overheard their conversation last week (tears streaming down his face) mama didn’t want to do it. He made her abort the baby

PA RAPHAEL
Okoro! is it true?

OKORO
I didn’t ask her to abort. I did not kill her, the Government did

PA RAPHAEL
What do you mean Government?

OKORO
After the delivery of our fourth child, she bled heavily, lost a lot of blood so, mama Ngozi, the traditional birth attendant asked us to take her to the Government hospital that night, when we got there, only two doctors were at the emergency, we were there for more than an hour before she was attended to and transferred to the ward. Finally they said people were not really donating blood so there was no blood in the blood bank. She almost died; that was when she vowed not to have another child so, when she found out she was pregnant again she decided to abort it, its not my fault, if the hospital had responded to her properly she would have been alive

CHUCKS
You wanted a son by all means, you told her if the baby is not a boy then she has to look for how to take care of her, why won’t she consider abortion?

OKORO
How is that wrong? I have three girls on ground

Dr Brown (62 years) looks educated; wearing a black hat and suit with good diction

DR BROWN
What did I tell you about family planning after her last delivery?

Janet pounced on Okoro, locking his cloth

JANET
Answer Dr Brown’s question; why did you not let my sister do family planning? She told me you were against it

PA RAPHAEL
Please let him answer because there are lots of men in your shoes right here who are heading to the same place as you are
right now, answer!

OKORO
You know, contraceptive spoils the fun, aside that, the cost, moreover one should not stop God’s work, if He wants to send us children why should we stop him?

DR BROWN
Why did you wear clothes this morning, why not wait for God to decide if you should wear clothes or not?

CHUCKS
So mama could have been alive today, if only…

END

Nigeria accounts for 13% Global maternal mortality rates. Of the maternal deaths in Nigeria are due to four conditions: hemorrhage, eclampsia, sepsis and abortion complications.

Nigeria has one of the highest rates of maternal death in the world, with 545 per 100,000 live birth.

Everybody has a role to pplay to stop this mass slaughter, the government has a role to play- provide enabling and supportive environment for high quality health, the health personnels: health education, individuals too: making use of available contraceptive.
https://scriptit14./2015/08/02/who-killed-mama-oyinbo/
Lalalastica
Ishilove
Divepen1
Dyoungstars

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Killed Mama Oyinbo (An Educative Short Script) by Divepen1(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
I want to blame someone but I don't know who? family planning is a truly needed.

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Mama Oyinbo (An Educative Short Script) by stuff46(m): 11:13am On Aug 13, 2015
This is serious
Re: Who Killed Mama Oyinbo (An Educative Short Script) by Divepen1(m): 11:03am On Aug 20, 2015
stuff46:
This is serious
I tell u

(1) (Reply)

Palava - The First Film Shot In Nigeria, 1926 / Could VJ Samantha Walsh Be A Lesbian With This Pics / Movie; A Man Called God!!!,,,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.