Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (5424 Views)

"My daughter can speak 3 international languages" Nigerian Dad praise daughter / I Can’t Hold Back Sexual Urge Towards My Daughter – Widower Cries Out / How I Potty Trained My Daughter In 10 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2015

2 Likes

Re: . by kossyablaze(m): 6:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
Brb

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
kossyablaze:
Brb

Are you one of those FTC kids all over nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: . by prof17(m): 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2015
Still small ni! She will coup
Re: . by lomprico(m): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
Use treats undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
lomprico:
Use treats undecided

Treats don't work for her. Trust me, I've tried.
Re: . by akinloluwao: 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
Its because you did not start on time. We started potty training for our son before he clock one, he is one and half now. Even if he is wearing diaper he will still come and tell you he wants to pooh pooh or wee wee. Keep on training her, she will adapt with time. Don't be discouraged.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Onegai(f): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
one of my nephews is 4 and still wers himself (he's a lastborn). It can be tough. But keeping her 2 hours on a potty suggests that you guys may end up getting frustrated at her at some point (normal) and she feels this and it makes her anxious and not go. All kids are different and they have their own schedule of maturity. So take a deep breathe, perhaps take a break for a week, please read the article below and try those tips in it. A gentler approach may be needed (seriously, sitting a child down for 2 hours in one place is punishment for you and the child).

http://www.babycenter.com/0_the-abcs-of-potty-training_4399.bc

Treats don't usually work, positive encouragement works better (clap for her, tell her "welldone! ", show her how to use the potty, be kind when she messes up, write her name and decorate her potty, in fact you wife and her go to the toilet together so she feels like a grownup)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
Onegai:
one of my nephews is 4 and still wers himself (he's a lastborn). It can be tough. But keeping her 2 hours on a potty suggests that you guys may end up getting frustrated at her at some point (normal) and she feels this and it makes her anxious and not go. All kids are different and they have their own schedule of maturity. So take a deep breathe, perhaps take a break for a week, please read the article below and try those tips in it. A gentler approach may be needed (seriously, sitting a child down for 2 hours in one place is punishment for you and the child).
http://www.babycenter.com/0_the-abcs-of-potty-training_4399.bc
Treats don't usually work, positive encouragement works better (clap for her, tell her "welldone! ", show her how to use the potty, be kind when she messes up, write her name and decorate her potty, in fact you wife and her go to the toilet together so she feels like a grownup)

Trust me there's nothing we didn't try. We encourage her, sing for her, even her potty is one that sings. I even thought maybe I could get her some training pants for her at Babys r'Us or somewhere.

akinloluwao:
Its because you did not start on time. We started potty training for our son before he clock one, he is one and half now. Even if he is wearing diaper he will still come and tell you he wants to pooh pooh or wee wee. Keep on training her, she will adapt with time. Don't be discouraged.

I must admit we started late. I'm usually a bit more patient with her but her mum seems to want to take it a bit hard on her. There are even some days the little girl will just grab her tablet and log onto YouTube when she knows she will be there for long. This morning when she woke up she managed to pee a bit in her potty but not much. Immediately she stood up she went to one corner and peed her pants.
Re: . by Dyt(f): 9:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
Whenever she stands up and dirtied herself afterwards
Give her two hot iladis with a stern face
Don't do that again
Sit on the potty
angry angry

She will learn in 3 days

Sorry I am a bit harsh
undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by darlenese(f): 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
I guess this is ur first child.
First of all u need to stop using diapers, wear her pants instead, so that she becoms conscious of what is going on .
2ndly always take her to wee or poo, u should always ask her if she wants to wee, u might not get response at first , be patient she will eventually understand, u can tell wifey to make her use the potty every 30 minutes.
Get a family friend's child to use the potty and make sure ur baby watches , this is one of the simplest method to teach potty training because children learn by imitation .
Pls make sure u dont spank, i blame wifey cos she should have started this before the baby turns 2.

Potty training is hard work, when parents are lazy some kids end up bed wetting even when they are older .madam should start taking her to wee at night at intervals . u don't need to use diapers at night.
Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: . by SAMBARRY: 10:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
Dyt:
Whenever she stands up and dirtied herself afterwards
Give her two hot iladis with a stern face
Don't do that again
Sit on the potty
angry angry

She will learn in 3 days

Sorry I am a bit harsh
undecided
ahannn kilode.if na so them train you you nor go dey shit for body even as an adult

op no mind this one o jare.the mistakes you made was starting late. You should have started at age one at most 2 however it is still redeemable. Yell at her lovingly anytime she defecate on her diapers and buy a pack of sweet, tell her you will give her one of this if she defecate in the potty

Another way is to tell her that anytime she wants to pupu she should call you and say mummy pupu then bring out her potty. If she successfully drfecat in her potty clean her up, clap for her and let her know she did the right thing then reward her with one sweet. Slowly and steadily she'll getused to potty
Re: . by akinloluwao: 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
darlenese:
I guess this is ur first child.
First of all u need to stop using diapers, wear her pants instead, so that she becoms conscious of what is going on .
2ndly always take her to wee or poo, u should always ask her if she wants to wee, u might not get response at first , be patient she will eventually understand, u can tell wifey to make her use the potty every 30 minutes.
Get a family friend's child to use the potty and make sure ur baby watches , this is one of the simplest method to teach potty training because children learn by imitation .
Pls make sure u dont spank, i blame wifey cos she should have started this before the baby turns 2.

Potty training is hard work, when parents are lazy some kids end up bed wetting even when they are older .madam should start taking her to wee at night at intervals . u don't need to use diapers at night.
Goodluck
Gbam. You have just done justice to this issue. Case closed.
Re: . by teddybear007(f): 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
metalgear:

Trust me there's nothing we didn't try. We encourage her, sing for her, even her potty is one that sings. I even thought maybe I could get her some training pants for her at Babys r'Us or somewhere.

I must admit we started late. I'm usually a bit more patient with her but her mum seems to want to take it a bit hard on her. There are even some days the little girl will just grab her tablet and log onto YouTube when she knows she will be there for long. This morning when she woke up she managed to pee a bit in her potty but not much. Immediately she stood up she went to one corner and peed her pants.

This got me laughing, hahaaaaahahahahaha
Re: . by Dyt(f): 10:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
SAMBARRY:
ahannn kilode.if na so them train you you nor go dey shit for body even as an adult

op no mind this one o jare.the mistakes you made was starting late. You should have started at age one at most 2 however it is still redeemable. Yell at her lovingly anytime she defecate on her diapers and buy a pack of sweet, tell her you will give her one of this if she defecate in the potty

Another way is to tell her that anytime she wants to pupu she should call you and say mummy pupu then bring out her potty. If she successfully drfecat in her potty clean her up, clap for her and let her know she did the right thing then reward her with one sweet. Slowly and steadily she'll getused to potty

Woman
Are you on heat?

2 Likes

Re: . by SAMBARRY: 11:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
Dyt:

Woman
Are you on heat?
no I'm on cold. Ode.

inexperienced youths still collecting money for handouts be giving advice about children when they have none
Re: . by Kappa101: 2:31am On Aug 05, 2015
It's simple; You both should just use the potty instead while she watches...that way she'll learn cheesy
Guide By Example grin

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 4:31am On Aug 05, 2015
Sorry you're going through this. Starting potty training too late often resukts in children resisting. I started my children at 14mos by just letting them sit without expectations...no pressure, making it fun. But since your child is older I would try:
1- sitting them on potty every hour for 10 mins.
2- stop using diapers especially during waking hours.
3- if child wets or messes themself dont change them right away (setting them on potty feeling the messy discomfort will encourage child to instead relieve self on potty. *dont leave them messy for long-maybe 10mins).
4- stay with child while they are on potty and distract them with conversation, learning shapes & colors, etc and nature's call may happen while child's not feeling too pressured to potty. Celebrate and encourage them to do it again if it happens.
5- always let little one join mommy/daddy to toilet and really make it seem awsome how big boys and girls use potty. Give yourself small treat after but dont give child...make them earn it. Use it as motivation.

Hope this may help. It will take consistency everyday but it will happen smiley

1 Like

Re: . by ladyju(f): 7:57am On Aug 05, 2015
Wow op, I'm having d same problem. My son will be 3 in January too. I've tried everything but d baby no send me at all.

I admit we started late. I pet him a lot because he's always sick. He's not even my first child
Re: . by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 05, 2015
Kappa101:
It's simple; You both should just use the potty instead while she watches...that way she'll learn cheesy
Guide By Example grin

cheesy cheesy

That could actually work, you know. . .

1 Like

Re: . by goodheart4God: 11:53am On Aug 05, 2015
I am also having the same problem with my two year son. He has refused to be potty trained. The same thing your daughter does is what he does. I take him to the rest room but he will refuse to pee. He only poo in his diaper and wee on his body as soon as we leave the rest room. He cries as if one wants to kill him if asked to sit on his potty.

The issue is that he can't express himself by verbalising his needs. So I don't even know when he wants anything. Just so worried.
Re: . by ancashy(f): 6:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
Try using the toilet(am assuming it is clean and dis infected in order to be save for the toddler) sometimes works faster cos dey always want to behave like adults,remember u'll need to hold d toddler foer safety, you can then resort back to potty once d child gets the gist. I know it sounds somehow but it works for some
Re: . by raumdeuter: 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
What of a baby that you put on the potty and he stands up immediately. You would have to hold him down on the potty and its usually a physical contest where he ends up getting very agitated and not using the potty

1 Like

Re: . by Captainswag225(m): 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
u have to talk to her, kidz understand what we say. Tell her its not gud to keep doing it in her diapers and that at a point in time her friends will laugh at her.....use stories to convince her.

1 Like

Re: . by teeboo: 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
Children with different style, as u didn't start early u can tink of somtin else, my son prefer using his potty as hat too, as parent we've to be smarter dan dem,i got a kid toilet seater and started putting him on closet,now he loves sitting on closet and pee or poo.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
Thank you all for your posts. We've tried some of your suggestions. The little girl now runs to the potty anytime we say she should try and pee. The issue now is she still doesn't do anything anytime she sits. She holds it in and and once we place her into the bathtub, she pees immediately.

The funny thing is she knows what the toilet is. Anytime she pees or poops on herself she immediately runs into the bathroom. I feel it's because she knows that's where she is supposed to be cleaned up.
Re: . by ancashy(f): 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
metalgear:
Thank you all for your posts. We've tried some of your suggestions. The little girl now runs to the potty anytime we say she should try and pee. The issue now is she still doesn't do anything anytime she sits. She holds it in and and once we place her into the bathtub, she pees immediately.

The funny thing is she knows what the toilet is. Anytime she pees or poops on herself she immediately runs into the bathroom. I feel it's because she knows that's where she is supposed to be cleaned up.
this shows that she is improving,as in getting d gist,appreciate the improvement and give her some time
Re: . by Chillis: 8:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hunnydropps:
Sorry you're going through this. Starting potty training too late often resukts in children resisting. I started my children at 14mos by just letting them sit without expectations...no pressure, making it fun. But since your child is older I would try:
1- sitting them on potty every hour for 10 mins.
2- stop using diapers especially during waking hours.
3- if child wets or messes themself dont change them right away (setting them on potty feeling the messy discomfort will encourage child to instead relieve self on potty. *dont leave them messy for long-maybe 10mins).
4- stay with child while they are on potty and distract them with conversation, learning shapes & colors, etc and nature's call may happen while child's not feeling too pressured to potty. Celebrate and encourage them to do it again if it happens.
5- always let little one join mommy/daddy to toilet and really make it seem awsome how big boys and girls use potty. Give yourself small treat after but dont give child...make them earn it. Use it as motivation.

Hope this may help. It will take consistency everyday but it will happen smiley

Op print this out and use it.

After 1week your daughter will start using the potty.
Whatever you do.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2015
Lol at children imitating our examples cheesy

D first day I tried potty training, I was at our backyard and told my smallie to weewee.
Then I was preggy and all of a sudden felt like weeweeing too.
I totally forgot that d boy was there and weeweed the grandmama style.
When I finished, I saw him close by playing and continued with my instructions.

Na so d boy positioned himself d gradmama way to wee wee.
It took me some days to get that off his head.
Infact an adult male actually demonstrated to him on what to do b4 he started doing it d men's way.

Truly, they learn by example.

1 Like

Re: . by Chillis: 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2015
At moca.
Grandma style that will use wrapper to dust the vaygeygey

grin
Re: . by iclass1: 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
Sorry for trying ur best to make it work...but I suggest u shud get a very fancyful potty to achieve dis if u don't av one. All d best
Re: . by silverdam(m): 10:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
Metalgear what happened to your story? You've pulled it off from the thread. I'm stranded please, readers love your story. You can also make sales from it as well, they demanding to downlpad the for full story for a fee, but I can't do that without your permission. Bros, please have pity on genuine ones like us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. / #InternationalWomensDay: Happy International Women's Day / Official Working Hours For Nursing Mothers In Federal Civil Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.