Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread - Education (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread (580657 Views)

2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / 2017/2018 Lasu Admission Guide Thread / Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Akjwyzepal(m): 1:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
Aijalon:
Hey. We've started exams here today Monday. And it's better you have it at the back of your mind that If post ume is going to hold at all, The forms would be out after exams thanks You.
pls can u help me find out if unilorin D.E tru Ijmb usually do post utme.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Th3mmy: 10:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ridhwan1:

Pls copy me here:
ridh4real@yahoo.com
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Th3mmy: 10:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
Akjwyzepal:
pls i nid d past question. Email: iamwyzepal@gmail.com thanks alot
@Oyejay
@abvasportal
@Buzzboy
@NeonDee
@Ridhwan1

Sent! You guys can check your e-mails
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Th3mmy: 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
Akjwyzepal:
pls can u help me find out if unilorin D.E tru Ijmb usually do post utme.
Before nkor. . undecided
Bro, all aspirants will surely write post ume exam regardless of the mode of entry.
Though, not applicable to masters students
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Th3mmy: 10:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
abvasportal:

is there any group for WhatsApp??
add me pls
I don't know of any for now but you can ask around just incase
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Th3mmy: 4:08am On Jun 28, 2016
[b]Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu has directed all tertiary institutions that have conducted post-UTME examination to immediately refund money taken from candidates.

The minister has also declared that post-UTME examinations already taken are null and void; threatening that any institution caught still conducting the examination under any guise would be sanctioned.

The minister made this position known yesterday, in a press statement issued by Deputy Director Press and Public Relations, Ben Bem Goong. The strong-worded statement reiterated the Ministry’s position that post-UTME examinations have been cancelled with immediate effect and no institution should conduct such examinations. The minister warned that once the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has certified a candidate worthy of admission into any of the tertiary institutions, that candidate must be deemed fit by the institution.

According to the statement, students who have already been offered admission by JAMB may be screened by the institutions but this must not involve the conduct of any other entry examination. The candidates can be screened by verifying their certificates but not through the conduct of examinations.

The minister stated that it is unnecessary to subject students to further examinations when they have been offered examinations by JAMB since they will still have to go through between eight or 12-semester examinations throughout their four to six years study in the institutions.

The minister, therefore, directed the National Universities Commission (NUC) and appropriate departments in the Ministry to communicate the directive to relevant agencies and institutions to ensure strict compliance.

“Those who have already advertised for the conduct of the Post-UTME under any guise should stop the exercise immediately as any university caught conducting Post-UTMNE will face appropriate sanctions. If any tertiary Institution has already conducted Post-UTME, such an exercise stands annulled and money taken from such candidates must be refunded immediately”, the Minister said.

The directive to stop the post-UTME examinations was given by the minister nearly a month ago. The minister said through the statement that it was important to emphasise the directive in order to ensure that no stakeholder is left in doubt as to government’s position on the matter.

He affirmed that the responsibility for admission into public tertiary institutions lies solely with JAMB and under no circumstance whatsoever, should anybody or institution take over that responsibility by proxy.

“The ban is with immediate effect, and under no circumstance should any institution violate the directive”.

“Any educational institution after secondary education is regarded as a tertiary institution. Therefore all tertiary institutions, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education, Universities or by whatever name it is called after secondary education must be subjected to admission through the JAMB. At the end of probationary admission by JAMB, the candidates can be cleared (screened) for final admission. For any institution with a shortfall in admission, such institution can revert to JAMB for supplementary admission”.

“Clearing in this case (screening) entails only the verification of certificates of the candidates, JAMB scores, and any other physical examination to ensure that such candidates are not cultists. After this, the candidates are qualified for matriculation. Such screening should be at no cost to the parents or students and should be done upon resumption in order to avoid unnecessary travels in search of admission”, the minister said,

For secondary school leavers who are seeking admission into the tertiary institutions, Malam Adamu said that subjecting them to too many examinations all in one year, is traumatic, exploitative and absolutely unnecessary. This is besides the cost of travelling, hotel accommodation and examination fees that parents have to incur in their bid to secure admission for their wards.

Source: Naij[/b]

There's a possibility you guys won't sit for any post utme exam!
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by NeonDee(m): 8:21am On Jun 28, 2016
Th3mmy
Thanks
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by dynamo007(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2016
@th3mmy we cnt b 2 sure dey u bin sayin dz sinz nd stil schs r stil releasing p utme forms. It all fel on deaf ears.
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Akjwyzepal(m): 10:28am On Jun 28, 2016
Th3mmy:
Thanks boss. I really appreciate.
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Akjwyzepal(m): 10:39am On Jun 28, 2016
Th3mmy:

Before nkor. . undecided
Bro, all aspirants will surely write post ume exam regardless of the mode of entry.
Though, not applicable to masters students
pls boss, can u help me find out unilorin ijmb requirement for civil engineering, both points and other details. Thanks alot
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Oyejay(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2016
Th3mmy:
@Oyejay @abvasportal @Buzzboy @NeonDee @Ridhwan1
Sent! You guys can check your e-mails
Seen, thanks
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Posd: 11:42am On Jun 28, 2016
*Good news to those that didn't chose MAPOLY in jamb and those that failed jamb and also those that never wrote jamb and are willing to be in school this year***

If you didn't choose mapoly in your jamb slip during your registration you are welcome on board to free free obtain the NDFT post jamb form when out very soon .

Those that never wrote jamb AND those that failed jamb this year also can apply for this year post jamb in MAPOLY which the form is on selling now NDEve(2years also but 12-6pm lectures everyday)quickly obtain this form ,don't waste a year more at home.

Thanks
For more information on this kindly
WhatsApp -08172551010 or call 08104003243 ..

MAPOLY post jamb past questions for ND &HND still on selling now !!!!!grab yours fast!
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Tehmie11: 12:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
I was given the admission of last year so I didn't resume with because of my result but I paid the acceptance fee and now I tried reprinting the acceptance slip but I can't find it on the site..pls help me
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
please do I need to do IT before applying for unilorin DE. reply urgently needed.
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by danwa25(m): 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2016
U can't see it again. Bt dd u go to skul to defermation of admission.
Tehmie11:
I was given the admission of last year so I didn't resume with because of my result but I paid the acceptance fee and now I tried reprinting the acceptance slip but I can't find it on the site..pls help me
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by danwa25(m): 3:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
Yes u nid to. Bt u can also find ur way around it. Which course
hamenzy:
please do I need to do IT before applying for unilorin DE.
reply urgently needed.
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by HomoSapiien: 4:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
danwa25:

I don't think so.
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by duke59(m): 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
Please,
I tried to apply DE but the officials in the jamb office asked for "jamb regularisation number"
And I did diploma in law, in UNIJOS, I don't have any jamb reg number.
What do I do? sad
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Adedeji2012(m): 5:35pm On Jun 28, 2016
Th3mmy:

I don't know of any for now but you can ask around just incase
Pls bro, i nid the post utme past question‏:‏‎ oladejogbadebo@gmail.com
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
danwa25:
mechanical engineering
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by fawaz050(m): 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
HomoSapiien:

Let them advertise the screening first. There is high probability that they would go the way of uniben, oau and other federal universities that mandated 200 as cut off marks. The reason is that, over 100,000 chose unilorin as first choice and for that reason, strict method will have to be taken to reduce the aspirants, being the fact that only 9000 will be admitted. shocked sad smh
Only 9000?Unilorin? *scoffs* we shall C cool
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by richkid1: 6:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
"UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN hereby inform all UTME candidates seeking admission into the institution to note that online capturing of required information for screening exercise will hold between Monday 11th July, 2016 and 25th July, 2016.
The university will only give consideration to UTME candidates who choose UNILORIN as their first choice.
Instructions to Candidates
1. Visit the University PORTAL https://eportal.Unilorin.edu.ng/ and click on online Screening of UTME Application.
2. Download Transaction Reference. The downloading will require you to supply JAMB Registration Number, Names and select the bank you wish to pay to.
3. Take the transaction Reference to any branch of the selected bank for payment
4. After payment, visit the University Portal https://eportal.unilorin.edu.ng/ to fill ion the required details including your result, upload scanned copy of your certificate(s) and 1" x 1" colour passport photograph with red background in JPEG format only (Note use your Transaction Reference as PIN to open the screening forms)
5. Detailed results from at most two of the following examinations SSCE, NECO, NABTEB should be provided.
Candidates awaiting result should supply it within one week of release
6. On completion, preview, confirm, submit and print out Screening Summary Report
ELIGIBILITY
UNILORIN will admit only candidates who made at least five (5) credit passes in SSCE/NECO/NABTEB in the relevant subjects at not more than two sittings and a minimum of upper credit for Direct Entry candidates. To verify the relevant subjects for your course, visit the online JAMB Brochure
Any candidates who fail to participate in the screening exercise will not be considered for admission into the university."

source:http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/en/2013-09-02-10-18-35/notification-feed/5264-scam-alert-all-admission-seeker
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
dollyjoy:
Visit my signature pleaseeeee
i dont get
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
richkid1:
"UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN hereby inform all UTME candidates seeking admission into the institution to note that online capturing of required information for screening exercise will hold between Monday 11th July, 2016 and 25th July, 2016.
The university will only give consideration to UTME candidates who choose UNILORIN as their first choice.
Instructions to Candidates
1. Visit the University PORTAL https://eportal.Unilorin.edu.ng/ and click on online Screening of UTME Application.
2. Download Transaction Reference. The downloading will require you to supply JAMB Registration Number, Names and select the bank you wish to pay to.
3. Take the transaction Reference to any branch of the selected bank for payment
4. After payment, visit the University Portal https://eportal.unilorin.edu.ng/ to fill ion the required details including your result, upload scanned copy of your certificate(s) and 1" x 1" colour passport photograph with red background in JPEG format only (Note use your Transaction Reference as PIN to open the screening forms)
5. Detailed results from at most two of the following examinations SSCE, NECO, NABTEB should be provided.
Candidates awaiting result should supply it within one week of release
6. On completion, preview, confirm, submit and print out Screening Summary Report
ELIGIBILITY
UNILORIN will admit only candidates who made at least five (5) credit passes in SSCE/NECO/NABTEB in the relevant subjects at not more than two sittings and a minimum of upper credit for Direct Entry candidates. To verify the relevant subjects for your course, visit the online JAMB Brochure
Any candidates who fail to participate in the screening exercise will not be considered for admission into the university."

source:http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/en/2013-09-02-10-18-35/notification-feed/5264-scam-alert-all-admission-seeker

Shebi u see say d stuff na disclaimer.
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by razor123(m): 10:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
abeg eh people weh get admission last year make una share us pictures of the much talked about tab na. abi dem Neva share am??
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by ItsBolaji: 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
razor123:
abeg eh people weh get admission last year make una share us pictures of the much talked about tab na. abi dem Neva share am??
undecided na tab yu dey find go school?

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by DharmyYinks: 12:20am On Jun 30, 2016
Akjwyzepal:
helo guys mzla rem gideon g darmmyinks nd d rest. Its been lng. Am true wit my Ijmb nd i have 10points chose unilorin civil engineering. Jamb unilorin mechanical engine. Z there any watsapp group?
Didn't get ur mention due to wrong monikeru typed.

Congrats.. I hope u applied thought D.E and UTME at the same time?? All the best.

Yes there is a group smiley
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by DharmyYinks: 12:21am On Jun 30, 2016
I wonder if this thread is sick undecided
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by dynamo007(m): 3:30am On Jun 30, 2016
ItsBolaji:
lol I no knw for razor123 oh...... grin na d tab dey im mind..... grin

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by dynamo007(m): 3:32am On Jun 30, 2016
DharmyYinks:
I wonder if this thread is sick undecided
No it isn't peeps r not just commenting on d thread peeps lyk me grin just come nd check hw things r faring here, but truth b told it's very different from the last year's thread......
Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by razor123(m): 4:54am On Jun 30, 2016
ItsBolaji:
dynamo007:
lol I no knw for razor123 oh...... grin na d tab dey im mind..... grin
ItsBolaji:

c dis economy dy brutal gan ni so if am gonna drop 30k for something I sure as hell gotta know just wat the fvck am dropping it for

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread by dynamo007(m): 6:16am On Jun 30, 2016
razor123:

c dis economy dy brutal gan ni so if am gonna drop 30k for something I sure as hell gotta know just wat the fvck am dropping it for
lol you dropping it for tab grin it takes time before they gt it delivered to the new students tho but they should have...

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (267) (Reply)

2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS::

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.