Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,282 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job (20288 Views)

Latest National And International Jobs For Nigerian Graduates / Ontop Recession, I Land Multi National JOB Today / Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by ylaa(f): 11:02am On Nov 25, 2015
ask me again
Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by marquis31(m): 11:04am On Nov 25, 2015
http://daynightincome.com/?user=2250 . for ur cool money without stress check the addres. real no scam

1 Like

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by SirAweezy(m): 11:06am On Nov 25, 2015
Multinational job please.... you can always go back to lecturing. Don't even think about it.

2 Likes

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by eromspete(m): 11:08am On Nov 25, 2015
Get the multinational job. You can be a lecturer later when you accumulate industry experience. cool

4 Likes

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by goldenone(f): 11:08am On Nov 25, 2015
Take both!

1 Like

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by TruthHurts1(m): 11:09am On Nov 25, 2015
Abyam:
I'm married with 2 kids. I lost my job 3 years ago when my company was restructuring.
So I know how tough it is to be jobless especially with a family that is looking up to you for provision.

On the 15th Nov. God blessed my hustle and i got an offer from one of the high institution in my state as an assistant lecturer. I was very happy when i collected the offer, it rekindled my hope for the future because i have longed to become a lecturer since i was in school as it will give me opportunity to upgrade my certificates and to even study to Phd level with abundant of scholarships at their disposal.

But events took another turn this week when i was called by a coy i attended it's interview 2 years a go, they sent me an sms inviting me to come and meet their boss for final stage of the interview, to cut the story short....... i was offered another job with a mouth watery pay 3x the govt job, i'm to resume work on the 11th of January 2016.

My delimma now is to choose between a job with average pay(lecturing) while career growth is gradual or go for the money with opportunity to travel to other countries and a world class exposure.

Please Senior Men in the house advice me, i need the money but i'm worried because where i was working 3 yrs ago i was well paid, things were moving smoothly but when the time came to downsize, it can take anybody, matured advice gentlemen!
Why not keep both if possible? Are they in the same state?

2 Likes

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by macaranta(m): 11:09am On Nov 25, 2015
Go hard and go fast.Take the MNC ,plan your empire from there and don't wait to get laid off before you realize your business goals.

[url]macaranta.com[/url]

4 Likes

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by dustydee: 11:10am On Nov 25, 2015
alterswerve:
Lecturing job.

Reasons

1. Job security

2. Less headaches

3. So that you will give me the multinational

4. You have always wanted it

5. You'll upgrade your certs faster

6. Pension

7. If its about the pay, your salary increases with your qualifications
Just joking bout number 3, but i hope the others make sense
The other job also has pension which is more than that of the lecturing job because of the higher pay.

3 Likes

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 25, 2015
multinational would be my choice if i was in your shoes.

1 Like

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by InvertedHammer: 11:11am On Nov 25, 2015
Abyam:
I'm married with 2 kids. I lost my job 3 years ago when my company was restructuring.
So I know how tough it is to be jobless especially with a family that is looking up to you for provision.

On the 15th Nov. God blessed my hustle and i got an offer from one of the high institution in my state as an assistant lecturer. I was very happy when i collected the offer, it rekindled my hope for the future because i have longed to become a lecturer since i was in school as it will give me opportunity to upgrade my certificates and to even study to Phd level with abundant of scholarships at their disposal.

But events took another turn this week when i was called by a coy i attended it's interview 2 years a go, they sent me an sms inviting me to come and meet their boss for final stage of the interview, to cut the story short....... i was offered another job with a mouth watery pay 3x the govt job, i'm to resume work on the 11th of January 2016.

My delimma now is to choose between a job with average pay(lecturing) while career growth is gradual or go for the money with opportunity to travel to other countries and a world class exposure.

Please Senior Men in the house advice me, i need the money but i'm worried because where i was working 3 yrs ago i was well paid, things were moving smoothly but when the time came to downsize, it can take anybody, matured advice gentlemen!
/
I don't see the dilemma. You just came off of unemployment. SO you need a higher paying job with better prospects.

Take the multinational job. Your first goal next year is to save enough money to start something on the side you can fall back on in case unemployment rears its ugly head. Learn from your past experience and mistake. Don't go "living it up" for now.

You can get back into teaching whenever you want.
/

9 Likes

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by miqos02(m): 11:12am On Nov 25, 2015
i no know
Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by MallamYahaya(m): 11:14am On Nov 25, 2015
Abyam:

I left a well paid job myself and opted for academics. I am currently a PhD student in the UK. This is my advice. Do you want career growth, stability and the love to impart knowledge? If you do, face the lecturing job and consider the multi national job a distraction. As a lecturer you will have more time for yourself and family. There are other things you could do to make money legitimately. I will advice that you do a lot of research. Write articles. Write books and consult. There are students that can make you get good opportunities if you are good to them.

However, if money is more important to you, take the new offer

4 Likes

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by BABANGBALI: 11:16am On Nov 25, 2015
omo na lecturing job o,imagine all those fringe benefits,all those small small babes,succulent fresh bweasts,virgins and non virgins,money and gifts. Omo na lecturing pay past jo
Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by Badgers14: 11:16am On Nov 25, 2015
Abyam:

I would have said take the lecturing job but considering the meager wager and they often owe them months of salary... But again, how strong is the other coy? Do they have history of mass lay off? I would take the other multinational job, take the money, enjoy the experience and save for rainy days.

Think abt this also, you could use your experience at the multinational coy as a lecturer but that doesn't really apply vice versa..

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by Originalsly: 11:18am On Nov 25, 2015
With the Federal job the conditions are set in stone....you know what to expect. Multinational companies are not all the same..... some operate like the FG ....are there in the long run and you can move up..... some just need you to fulfill a need and would let you go as soon as you are not needed... then there are those that basically exploit you....modern day slave drivers. I suggest you look into the reputation of the company here in Nigeria before making a decision based on hope and follow your heart....look before you leap.
Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by seangy4konji: 11:19am On Nov 25, 2015
How I wish I can get a quarter of such job opportunities.

Anyway multinational. U deh ask me again abi?

If na r father arrange am please help a brother ooooo

Ps. I advice you to take that multi CPU job cos person like me use te people I meet on a daily basis to move a step higher and I think big so any body in day coy is my potential client.

1 Like

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by armadeo(m): 11:19am On Nov 25, 2015
See question.

I advice Multinational. Because of the level of exposure you would have. Particulaly if family benefits come into play. I.e your family goes wherever you go.

Your kids would tour the planet and meet the world, know how it I not how it's supposed to be. unlike a lecturer in a state university, tiedbdown to one town living the rote I.e sec school then maybe that same uni you work for.

It would benefit your family with the added advantage of you earning more. you xan even keep one part of the salary aside and start something on the side for more capital inflow.

Abyam be wise.

2 Likes

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by Smoak: 11:20am On Nov 25, 2015
Mckayzee:

Wish I could like this comment more than once.

Lol, Lemme 'like' it on your behalf. On a serious note,I would choose the multinational any day,any time. Government jobs are less appealing to me. If I take up one tomorrow ,it would be because of the lack of a viable alternative.

1 Like

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 25, 2015
Follow the principle of First In Last Out- opt for the teaching job. Ones bitten twice shy.

2 Likes

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by Bollinger(m): 11:23am On Nov 25, 2015
Abyam:

If i were you i would go for the average pay job and leave the one with high financial prospect and travel opportunity. Do you hear how stu.pid that sounds? Sometimes i think you people are so ret.ard.ed, you don't deserve the job in the first place. Or is this another MOD story?

1 Like

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by Richy4(m): 11:23am On Nov 25, 2015
Bro, You have been out of job due to restructuring.......

That should be at the back of your head or will I say brain when you are making this decision....

In this case, you don't really want such to repeat itself again.

So which one has more security?

Do you want "give us this day our daily bread"........ or you want the one that supplies the bread non stop.......

The choice is yours bro.

Congratulations by the way and goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 25, 2015
Abyam:
i love the multinational job, but a tot on how i ended with my former job makes me have a rethink.
...you already biased against the multinational employment-embrace the lecturing job.

2 Likes

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by fikolo: 11:26am On Nov 25, 2015
At OP, I appreciate your indecision. Before I make my suggestion, ask yourself what you really want? Do you see yourself "working for money" or the other way round, which is "money working for you"?

Now, here is my take, if you desire the latter and have a well perused feasible business plan, pick the multinational job, then start investing funds from it to your business plan from day one, but if you are not the type that take risk, I would advice you stick to your secured lecturing job.

From your post, you like lecturing, here is another perspective, is it possible to do an online MSc or PhD in your chosen field while at same time your multinational job gives you the field experience( good collabo), that way you would be sure to improve your credentials for both local and international organisations or universities should you decide to leave or in the invent you are laid off from the multinational firm.

If you are focused and disciplined, from my post you can see the possibility of using one stone to kill two birds! Lord, I pray for my brother's eye to be opened!!!
Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by Eazeee(m): 11:27am On Nov 25, 2015
My friend go & make money b4 its too late oh. all lecturers are corrupt
Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by gretblue: 11:28am On Nov 25, 2015
Check the history of such MNc.if there is job security you can simply go for it. shocked

1 Like

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by yatch360: 11:30am On Nov 25, 2015
Lecturing all the way. If its the cash u are thinking of,Trust me u wld make ova what the multinational is offering.
Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by spacyzuma(m): 11:32am On Nov 25, 2015
I would choose the multinational. Purely because of the bigger pay.

But even the though the pay is much better, I'd be wiser and be sure to invest the extra money in business ventures that will still provide me with income if the company fires me again.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by Eneze1(f): 11:38am On Nov 25, 2015
I will advise that you select the Multinational company, I work with one and the exposure and opportunity is great, you will be entitled to family package and even sponsored education. Personally I find Government job boring and there seems to be no challenge or competition whatsover, working with Multinationals bring out the best in you but it's your decision to make.

5 Likes

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by Wealthycharles(m): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2015
Abyam:

I am sure you were asked this question---where do u see ursef in 5yrs? you alone know wat answer u gave....now my advice is take the good pay multinational job and develop a personal plan of wat to do to become ur own boss within 3-5yrs while still working for the company. with dis idea in mind,u can keep increasing ur streams of income until u are financially free and secured.

1 Like

Re: Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job by nervorum: 11:48am On Nov 25, 2015
Abyam:

Pls follow your heart.if you have longed to be a lecturer, pls take that option.

Two years ago, i had a dream job that was not paying much, but it was all i wanted to do.i was happy.i gained many skills and experience.i imparted too many people un a short while..8 months later, i had another offer with a jumbo pay package and an official ride, it was irrestible, and a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity.i was confused, i sought counsel, and eventually i took it..

Two months into the job, i got bored, tired and angry.i found it difficult leaving the house every day..i longed to return back to where i was coming from to continue from where i stopped,but alas, too late..

just one month into the new job, my contemporaries were i was coming from all got automatic promotion to senior positions..I learnt to be patient and go for what i truely love, for therein i would find fulfillment.
As young people we mostly think money, but thats a mistake. If you do what you love, money will come, eventually,your job would be like a vacation, you will not struggle.

Back to you..take the lecturing job because:

You have always longed to teach

Job security

Prospect is hugh

Think retirement

God guide you as you sincerely seek Him

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Invited For Interview By Mutual Benefit Assurance Plc / Kogi State University Is Recruiting For Lecturers (Photos) / What One Employee Taught Me About Hiring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.