Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Liverpool Might Go Bankrupt? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Might Go Bankrupt? (702 Views)

. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Might Go Bankrupt? by davidif: 6:26am On Jul 09, 2009
Liverpool has a debt of 350 Million pounds and they are having trouble financing (paying) there debt. Therefore the two banks that loaned (borrowed) them the money (Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia) might soon repossess the club and force a resale so that they can recoup there loans.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=657480&sec=england&cc=5901
Re: Liverpool Might Go Bankrupt? by switch47(m): 7:48am On Jul 09, 2009
ShUooo!! i saw the Thread you started on Arsenal are in serious debt. You are here again starting a debt thread for liverpool, Omo are you a DEBT RECOVERY AGENT?? by the time you start debt thread for all the clubs we no go see space for nairaland againi o!! Which levels sef. is there open a thread today and win compitition going on on this site?? if not. better use the clubs thread instead of creating new ones ok?
Re: Liverpool Might Go Bankrupt? by tocdee(m): 9:27am On Jul 09, 2009
Have you been in hiding all these weeks? This is stale. That loan was refinanced weeks ago. tongue
Re: Liverpool Might Go Bankrupt? by BrigGen: 5:19pm On Jul 09, 2009
@Davidif: Na wa o!

E be like say na your mouth dem go dey hear say teacher mama don kpeme.
Re: Liverpool Might Go Bankrupt? by davidif: 3:53am On Jul 10, 2009
ShUooo!! i saw the Thread you started on Arsenal are in serious debt. You are here again starting a debt thread for liverpool, Omo are you a DEBT RECOVERY AGENT?? by the time you start debt thread for all the clubs we no go see space for nairaland againi o!! Which levels sef. is there open a thread today and win compitition going on on this site?? if not. better use the clubs thread instead of creating new ones ok?

I just want you people to be aware of financial situations of your teams so that they don't end up like Leeds United, Parma or even Lazio. Most Nigerian fans tend to think that there teams have an endless reserve of cash. They don't know where there money is coming from, infact, most don't even care (or want to know at all). They just wan to see there teams win the EPL. They never ask what the consequences would be if they can't get there finances in order. Don't worry, when these teams end up in Division 2 then you people might want to wake up.

E be like say na your mouth dem go dey hear say teacher mama don kpeme.

The truth has to be told my guy.
Re: Liverpool Might Go Bankrupt? by tocdee(m): 8:12am On Jul 10, 2009
davidif:

I just want you people to be aware of financial situations of your teams so that they don't end up like Leeds United, Parma or even Lazio.

So you're saying that if we take your words seriously, these clubs won't go into melt-down? That's a bit silly. You also sound like a character from a Dan Brown novel who stumbles upon a hidden truth and desperately needs to tell the world amidst life threatening circumstances grin

Truth is; I understand your irritation for fans who don't know diddly-squat about their club runnings but some of us know about these issues. However, unless someone on Nairaland can cough up the millions to get these clubs debt-free, I don't see why you're ranting like a one-man crusader!

Just enjoy the game while you live and your club still exists! wink
Re: Liverpool Might Go Bankrupt? by chidichris(m): 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2009
Yaaaaaaaaay! Liverpool Might Go Bankrupt.

@poster,
what is this Yaaaaaaaaay all about? a celebration or what? how is this going to benefit your person i mean how are u going to benefit from liverpool going bankrupt?
all the clubs in the world like other big businesses are in debt especially with this american originated economic melt down.
Re: Liverpool Might Go Bankrupt? by dipo2much(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2009
@poster
Liverpool just reject a 65m£ bid for torres from Real madrid. I dont think L'pool is as broke as you make it sound
Re: Liverpool Might Go Bankrupt? by Krayola(m): 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2009
"Broke" might not be the best word, but it is quite clear that the top clubs in England are not financially healthy. Don't shoot the messenger tongue
Re: Liverpool Might Go Bankrupt? by davidif: 10:49pm On Jul 14, 2009
Liverpool just reject a 65m£ bid for torres from Real madrid. I dont think L'pool is as broke as you make it sound

He is there best player so they cannot afford to.
Re: Liverpool Might Go Bankrupt? by biola44: 11:30am On Jul 15, 2009
spot on!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Footballers And Their Choice Of Clubs / Europa League : Atletico Madrid ? - ? LIVERPOOL (@ 8:05 Pm) / Price Of C.ronaldo To Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.