Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Wrong Place On My Friend Passport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wrong Place On My Friend Passport (5762 Views)

"I Was Deceived By My Friend"; Nigerian Lady Who Returned From Libya. Photos / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by semac00(m): 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
realzeezat:
somebody help my friend. She was born in ghana but her parent are Nigeria but when she did her Nigeria passport her name and place of birth is wrong .they wrote she was born in Nigeria instead of Ghana and her name and last name is also wrong too but her date of birth is correct .Her nationality is wrong also coz she is now living in germany and she has a Germany passport now but the problem is she never use the Nigeria passport with the wrong data[right][/right].pls help what should she do how can she change d name,place of birth and nationality

If you are talking about an E- Passport, then it is not going to be easily solved outside Abuja. If the mistake in one or two letters or alphabet then it can be solved through the Nigerian consulate in her current location.
For those saying she should just go for a new passport, that will not be possible with the e-Passport. the moment she places her fingers for finger print it will bring out the details of her current passport and will not be possible to just edit without permission from the Comptroller General of the Nigerian immigrantion.
My advice and your friends only choice if the passport is so important is to travel to Abuja, with his/her birth certificate, news paper publication of change of name with an application to the Comptroller General. with lots of documents having the name she wants to change to.
original WAEC, NATIONAL I'D, DRIVERS LICENSE ETC will help ease the process.
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by worry359(m): 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
semac00:

If you are talking about an E- Passport, then it is not going to be easily solved outside Abuja. If the mistake in one or two letters or alphabet then it can be solved through the Nigerian consulate in her current location.
For those saying she should just go for a new passport, that will not be possible with the e-Passport. the moment she places her fingers for finger print it will bring out the details of her current passport and will not be possible to just edit without permission from the Comptroller General of the Nigerian immigrantion.
My advice and your friends only choice if the passport is so important is to travel to Abuja, with his/her birth certificate, news paper publication of change of name with an application to the Comptroller General. with lots of documents having the name she wants to change to.
original WAEC, NATIONAL I'D, DRIVERS LICENSE ETC will help ease the process.

Also cash money to bribe immigration officials. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
In fact her case is double trouble.

But to have a wrong place of birth wrong first name and wrong surname? That's like impersonation sef and I wonder if even immigration will not refuse her. Let her get Nigerian visa if she wants to travel to Nigeria.
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 10, 2016
salsera:

So why on earth did she say on her Nigerian passport that she was born in Nigeria when she wasn't?If your parents are Nigerian its us legal to claim citizenship through them.
Its a data change she needs done. She needs to go with her proof of birth in Ghana. If she doesn't have that then she should forget about it.
She should be able to do it at the Nigerian embassy if necessary she can try in Nigeria only in Abuja, process is long though.
she has a birth affidict tho which means someone who was there during her birth signed it. It not a birth cert , it a birth affidict giving to her by the German govt . Can she go with Ghana passport coz she said she doesnt know if she has her ghana birth cert registered or not coz her mum left her at a young age so maybe her mum has it we dont know.can she use Ghana passport and German passport for identity and also she told me once she has a DNA test result so now she has d DNA result that says she is from a Nigeria father can she use it.
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by itstpia8: 4:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
Her German passport is probably her identifying document.

She should discuss the rest with the embassy of where she wants to apply.
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 12, 2016
salsera:

So why on earth did she say on her Nigerian passport that she was born in Nigeria when she wasn't?If your parents are Nigerian its us legal to claim citizenship through them.

Its a data change she needs done. She needs to go with her proof of birth in Ghana. If she doesn't have that then she should forget about it.
She should be able to do it at the Nigerian embassy if necessary t she can try in Nigeria only in Abuja, process is long though.
well as I said she was abandoned by her mother at a really young age so can she use her birth affidavit from the German govt which was signed by someone who was present at her birth Coz she came to Germany at a young age she doesn't know if she has a birth cert registered or not or if her mum have it with her or not so I don't know what she can do but I will tell her to go get a new birth cert in Ghana them coz her mother was traced but they still haven't find her and we don't know if she is dead or alive. So do you think her German passport or a birth affiddict issued by d German govt will work in order to prove she wasn't born in Nigeria
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2016
realzeezat:
well as I said she was abandoned by her mother at a really young age so can she use her birth affidavit from the German govt which was signed by someone who was present at her birth Coz she came to Germany at a young age she doesn't know if she has a birth cert registered or not or if her mum have it with her or not so I don't know what she can do but I will tell her to go get a new birth cert in Ghana them coz her mother was traced but they still haven't find her and we don't know if she is dead or alive. So do you think her German passport or a birth affiddict issued by d German govt will work in order to prove she wasn't born in Nigeria

So how did she get to Germany as a minor
And who signed an affidavit that they were present at her birth?
Look she has NO proof of where she was born
And whoever brought her to Germany should be the one sorting out her roots.

I suspect she came to Germany as an asylum seeker.

Stiil she actually got a Nigerian passport just 3years ago which you claimed was done by her father. Last time I checked you can only do a Nigerian passport by yourself. Your said friend is no longer a minor and even with a German affidavit stating she was born in Ghana she went ahead and processed a Nigerian passport stating she was born in Nigeria!!!

Now that her German citizenship has been approved she wants to backtrack when she has made claims as they suited her purpose in the past.

I have given my advice.
She should forget it .
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
salsera:

So how did she get to Germany as a minor
And who signed an affidavit that they were present at her birth?
Look she has NO proof of where she was born
And whoever brought her to Germany should be the one sorting out her roots.

I suspect she came to Germany as an asylum seeker.

Stiil she actually got a Nigerian passport just 3years ago which you claimed was done by her father. Last time I checked you can only do a Nigerian passport by yourself. Your said friend is no longer a minor and even with a German affidavit stating she was born in Ghana she went ahead and processed a Nigerian passport stating she was born in Nigeria!!!

Now that her German citizenship has been approved she wants to backtrack when she has made claims as they suited her purpose in the past.

I have given my advice.
She should forget it .
no no don't judge her that way . Well can she use a Ghanaian passport to prove her place of birth Coz I adviced her to apply for her Ghanian passport . So can she use d Ghana passport as identity to d Nigeria officer to prove she was born in Ghana and i pray all will b well for her anyway I believe there will b a good way for her
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2016
salsera:

How I wished I had read this before I replied.

Abeg tell 'your' to forget about it Nigerian
well can she do use a birth affidavit to prove her identity

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Reasons To Come To Canada (facts). / Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa / Is It Free Visa To Dubai ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.