Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,229 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

how can i get companies to read my application and invite me for job interview? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / how can i get companies to read my application and invite me for job interview? (1084 Views)

I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice / How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] / Is It Good For A Wife To Read Her Husband Chat On Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

how can i get companies to read my application and invite me for job interview? by Mariojane(f): 2:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
I am graduate of History and International Studies. i graduated officially in April 2012 and i went for my NYSC November 2012 (Batch C) i was posted to a private University in Edo State where i was retained to work as an Administrative Officer after my service year.

for over a year now i have been applying for different positions within my workexperience to different establishments but still no SMS or email for interview invite is forth coming.

i had a discussion with a friend of mine yesterday and we were almost arguing over the same job issue. i tried explaining to him that i do submit atleast one application in a day and his reply was "application wey una dey submit wey nobody dey look am". i asked him, how do you want me to make them look at my application and atleast grant me an audience for interview. later that day, i was so disturbed i had to call a man who retired as a deputy Registrar from a Federal University to help me with somethings and his reply was "oh girl it is not as easy as you see it. even I with years of experience had to compete with lots of people to get the one i am doing now".
i am honestly confused .

NAIRALANDERs please how can i get companies to read my application and invite me for interview?
Re: how can i get companies to read my application and invite me for job interview? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
babe, getting job in Nigeria is not easy, its not by how well u package ur CV or write big grammar, it takes the Grace of God. firstly I'd advice u pray about it and if possible write down the things u want God to do for you on a piece of paper and make sure u include getting a wonderful job, pray about it and put it in an envelope with a sacrifice and drop it in your Church on Sunday or any other day. Try it and see how u will come here to testify. I have worked in different places today not cos I'm the best or the most intelligent, but by God's Grace which is sufficient.

1 Like

Re: how can i get companies to read my application and invite me for job interview? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2016
My lady...
What you need is your own job,and your business.
Nigeria is a country where everyone wants a job yet few jobs are available.
Re: how can i get companies to read my application and invite me for job interview? by olac21(m): 2:59am On May 07, 2016
Mariojane:
I am graduate of History and International Studies. i graduated officially in April 2012 and i went for my NYSC November 2012 (Batch C) i was posted to a private University in Edo State where i was retained to work as an Administrative Officer after my service year.
that is my brief history and work experience. (though i still work in the school but when they pay the salary after long months of no payment it is not even enough to feed myself and i still manage to send token to my siblings. which i have not been able to do this year cos they ve not started this year payment at all).

for over a year now i have been applying for different positions within my work experience to different establishments but still no SMS or email for interview invite is forth coming.

i had a discussion with a friend of mine yesterday and we were almost arguing over the same job issue. i tried explaining to him that i do submit atleast one application in a day and his reply was "application wey una dey submit wey nobody dey look am". i asked him, how do you want me to make them look at my application and atleast grant me an audience for interview. he said he doesnot know how i will do that (he is not in the country). later that day, i was so disturbed i had to call a man who retired as a deputy Registrar from a Federal University to help me with somethings and his reply was "oh girl it is not as easy as you see it. even me with years of experience had to compete with lots of people to get the one i am doing now".
i am honestly confused and not happy.

i always dreamt of finish from school, going for service, get a good job and help reduce my daddy burden of sponsoring my younger ones. things are not as easy as it used to be. i paid 35,000 as the highest fee when i was in the university but that same university is charging my sister close to 100k and my Daddy is just a transporter(Driver) but his dream is to see us all succeed. he work himself more than before now that everything is on the high side and he promised himself he will sponsor all his children. i don't want this man to breakdown before he starts reaping the fruits of his labour.

NAIRALANDERs please how can i get companies to read my application and invite me for interview to help relieve my Dad?

Ma,where did you pass out cos that's my current course of study here in Unilorin and I do hope you've gotten a well-paying job now?looking forward to your kind reply!
Re: how can i get companies to read my application and invite me for job interview? by chriskosherbal(m): 2:10pm On May 07, 2016
Just believe in God, he is the greatest helper you need. Good luck
Re: how can i get companies to read my application and invite me for job interview? by Mariojane(f): 1:27pm On May 09, 2016
olac21:

Ma,where did you pass out cos that's my current course of study here in Unilorin and I do hope you've gotten a well-paying job now?looking forward to your kind reply!
Ekiti State University. I haven't gotten 'a well-paying job' as you put it. just managing with what i have. thanks for asking.goodluck in your career
Re: how can i get companies to read my application and invite me for job interview? by Kaira333: 6:03pm On May 09, 2016
To be frank, Nigeria is Neva good to study any course dat u can't use to establish something of ur own no matter how little it can be . Dear just like someone said earlier, what u need now is prayers since u don't have long legs. I believe God will ansa u soonest
Re: how can i get companies to read my application and invite me for job interview? by Mariojane(f): 11:37am On May 10, 2016
thanks guys. I will keep praying and hoping on God
Re: how can i get companies to read my application and invite me for job interview? by olac21(m): 8:33pm On May 13, 2016
Mariojane:
Ekiti State University. I haven't gotten 'a well-paying job' as you put it. just managing with what i have. thanks for asking.goodluck in your career

Good ma..incidentally am from ikole LGA of Ekiti state..I do pray God find you a lucrative job which you desire&deserve!thanks for the audience ma!

(1) (Reply)

Disciplinary Measures Your Parents/Teachers Used That Worked / My Father Married Again / Please Help It's Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.