Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

What Is The Difference Between A Lagos Cleared Vehicle And A Cotonou Vehicle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Difference Between A Lagos Cleared Vehicle And A Cotonou Vehicle (1721 Views)

See What A Lagos Driver Was Seen Using As Side Mirror (photos) / Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models / What You Need To Know About Cotonou Vehicle Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A Lagos Cleared Vehicle And A Cotonou Vehicle by niquidanner(m): 10:02am On Apr 22, 2016
Hello everyone,am planning on getting a vehicle and thinking about going to cotonou myself,i will be going with someone as I have never been there before.Another thing that keeps bothering me is this HYPE about lagos cleared vehicle to Cotonou Cleared,Can someone share his or her experience using Lexus Rx300 .Thank you in advance
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lagos Cleared Vehicle And A Cotonou Vehicle by tempex88(m): 10:08am On Apr 22, 2016
niquidanner:
Hello everyone,am planning on getting a vehicle and thinking about going to cotonou myself,i will be going with someone as I have never been there before.Another thing that keeps bothering me is this HYPE about lagos cleared vehicle to Cotonou Cleared,Can somone share his or her experience.Thank you in advance

Lagos duty is higher than cotonou. So there is d general perception that cos it's higher, it's more genuie.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lagos Cleared Vehicle And A Cotonou Vehicle by feldido(m): 10:11am On Apr 22, 2016
Car na Car, buy anywhere you feel it's cheaper so far you know what you are doing.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lagos Cleared Vehicle And A Cotonou Vehicle by vani86: 11:02am On Apr 22, 2016
tempex88:

Lagos duty is higher than cotonou. So there is d general perception that cos it's higher, it's more genuie.

from what i learned, if you clear from Cotonou, you still have to pay duty to bring it into Nigeria, unless you "FLY" IT.

At the end of the day, there is no real advantage be it Cotonou or Lagos.

if i am wrong, pls someone enlighten and correct me
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lagos Cleared Vehicle And A Cotonou Vehicle by tempex88(m): 11:25am On Apr 22, 2016
vani86:

from what i learned, if you clear from Cotonou, you still have to pay duty to bring it into Nigeria, unless you "FLY" IT.

At the end of the day, there is no real advantage be it Cotonou or Lagos.

if i am wrong, pls someone enlighten and correct me

Not really, when u buy car from cotonou, the duty at cotonou port has already been paid. what is required of u is to register in cotonou (that yellow sticker u always see on cars and then lie that its in transit to Niger republic). when it now get to the border between cotonou and Nigeria, u can choose to fly (sort customs with 50-70k) or pay low import duty. with the low import duty, u will still sort, like 1k or 5h per check point.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lagos Cleared Vehicle And A Cotonou Vehicle by dokyOloye: 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
SMH for d answers above.
D simple reason for d hype on Lagos cleared vehicles is that it's more likely to have genuine custom papers and d correct duties paid for them than a Cotonou cleared which might have been smuggled into d country without payment of d necessary fees or d duties underpaid, for eg, paying d fees of a 2006 car for a 2009 car.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lagos Cleared Vehicle And A Cotonou Vehicle by musicwriter(m): 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
niquidanner:
Hello everyone,am planning on getting a vehicle and thinking about going to cotonou myself,i will be going with someone as I have never been there before.Another thing that keeps bothering me is this HYPE about lagos cleared vehicle to Cotonou Cleared,Can someone share his or her experience using Lexus Rx300 .Thank you in advance

The exchange rate is not good now. Car in Cotonou would be expensive now.

(1) (Reply)

Car Tracking Installation Service In IBADAN / Before You Buy That BEAUTIFUL Mercedes Benz!! / Made in Aba Keke Finally Manufactured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.