Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Is There Any Alternative To ? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is There Any Alternative To ? (7115 Views)

How To Link My Registered And Host Website To / I Need Help On Adding My App To / Facebook To Introduce “profile Videos” As Alternative To “profile Pictures” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by junnyjake(m): 8:29am On Jul 21, 2016
[quote author=AnonymX post=47732198]
Yea, no niche...think BuzzFeed.com for example....tips.. News...etc
And thank you smiley[/quote

nice site, on the general niche I guess. which ads service are you using
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by midasbliss(f): 8:43am On Jul 21, 2016
Is there any other free and reliable blog building site? I guess not... If you don't want pay for a wordpress.org, you had better stick to blogger.com
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by 01Mysticdon(m): 9:28am On Jul 21, 2016
twosquare:
Except you want to use Joomla, which you may not be able to handle efficiently at first. I first use WordPress for my site: www.scribeofrighteousness.net Now, I've moved to blogger, and I'm sticking with it. I only use WordPress for my business website. Spending much money on a blog isn't wise when all I need is a domain name and free hosting with blogger. It gives you quick exposure, traffic and monetization. wink
Thanks man ;-)
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by 01Mysticdon(m): 9:35am On Jul 21, 2016
Tolzeal:

Wix and Simplesite are great alternative. But you're looking at the future of blog/Business You should consider working with Wordpress. With wordpress you have SEO at your fit because google favors websites on Wordpress. This is one of the great reasons you might be considering.

Furthermore, There are some SEO plugins like : Yoast,w3Tc,Autoptimoze,WpSmush that will light up your page and make it favorable for ranking.
Worpress is highly professional and so much recommendation
thanks, noted!
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by 01Mysticdon(m): 9:38am On Jul 21, 2016
Panshow:

Try wix or Squarespace.
But if you want a blogger site that looks something like these.
www.techystop.com
www.androidfriends.com
Then I'll help you with more info.

I need more info
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by chimoskyg(m): 9:39am On Jul 21, 2016
AnonymX:

Why would anyone leave Blogger? We started www.nkenu.com two weeks ago and we tweaked the template to what it is now.

Our SEO (we did settings with sitemap, robots.txt etc) is gradually improving.

Use blogger....or at least WordPress.

Bro are you on blogger? If yes please how do I change my to .com and please enlighten me on the sitemap thing with robot.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by 01Mysticdon(m): 9:39am On Jul 21, 2016
bedfordng:
what kind of limitations are you referring to that other free platforms don't have. If you are looking for a free platform like blogger, you may get frustrated because most of them don't offer what blogger has to offer
you a right
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by 01Mysticdon(m): 9:41am On Jul 21, 2016
Panshow:

Try wix or Squarespace.
But if you want a blogger site that looks something like these.
www.techystop.com
www.androidfriends.com
Then I'll help you with more info.

I need more info
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by 01Mysticdon(m): 9:41am On Jul 21, 2016
bedfordng:
what kind of limitations are you referring to that other free platforms don't have. If you are looking for a free platform like blogger, you may get frustrated because most of them don't offer what blogger has to offer
you a right
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by 01Mysticdon(m): 9:47am On Jul 21, 2016
Thanks for your comments
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by chimoskyg(m): 10:04am On Jul 21, 2016
Morning Experts in the house, I appreciate you guys comments correction and directions for am learning from them too. Please am working on a particular blog and will need everyone to check it out and tell me what to add and not to in a bide to make the blog better.

I want to change it to . Com

Here is the blog
www.latestandtrending..com

Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by FinestPINACLE(f): 10:44am On Jul 21, 2016
trueking:

Try simplesite.com or Wix Simplesite can be used by even dummies and its very good too, but I am using WordPress now. depending on what you want to do, I'll advice you build a website, then put your blog on the sight, its more professional. my two cents sha.
how can one build a website? Plx reply
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by warrenweste(m): 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
twosquare:
Except you want to use Joomla, which you may not be able to handle efficiently at first. I first use WordPress for my site: www.scribeofrighteousness.net Now, I've moved to blogger, and I'm sticking with it. I only use WordPress for my business website. Spending much money on a blog isn't wise when all I need is a domain name and free hosting with blogger. It gives you quick exposure, traffic and monetization. wink

How long did it take Google to approve your AdSense?
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by Minemrys: 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
AnonymX:

Why would anyone leave Blogger? We started www.nkenu.com two weeks ago and we tweaked the template to what it is now.

Our SEO (we did settings with sitemap, robots.txt etc) is gradually improving.

Use blogger....or at least WordPress.
bro how much will it cost to own a domain name and get a web host altogether? In short term, to start/own a blog?
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by trueking: 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
FinestPINACLE:
You can either get someone to do it for you, or do it yourself using CMS like WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla. you need to learn how to use WordPress, or any that you choose, most people use wordpress because its easy and very good, useYouTube videos to learn. any question, ask.
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by bizgenius1: 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
EntclassBlog:
I will suggest you to opt in for blogger.

I use blogger too and its the best for me.

did u register your domain with go daddy? and how long did it take Google yo approve yor adsense
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by bedfordng(m): 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
FinestPINACLE:
if you have a gmail account, then you can create a free blog website using blogger
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by bedfordng(m): 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
chimoskyg:
Morning Experts in the house, I appreciate you guys comments correction and directions for am learning from them too. Please am working on a particular blog and will need everyone to check it out and tell me what to add and not to in a bide to make the blog better.

I want to change it to . Com

Here is the blog
www.latestandtrending..com

Thanks in anticipation
will advice you to get a domain name if you intend to get serious with it
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by AnonymX: 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
Minemrys:

bro how much will it cost to own a domain name and get a web host altogether? In short term, to start/own a blog?

Depending... If you want to start a site like mine (www.nkenu.com) all you need is a domain name (I can refer to you to a site where you can buy it for $1.17 only) and then I can install a beautiful theme and customize it for you at only 2,000 naira...that is a total of 2,500 naira only.

But if you want it on WordPress, or for people to download from your site, I can't help you with that but it should cost you about 30,000 naira for a good job.
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by FinestPINACLE(f): 1:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
bedfordng:
if you have a gmail account, then you can create a free blog website using blogger
creating a blog and creating a website, what's the difference? I don't seem to understand. Please call me to expantiate. Number is on my signature. I opened a blog with .com. is that as already a website
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by AnonymX: 1:56pm On Jul 21, 2016
chimoskyg:

Bro are you on blogger? If yes please how do I change my to .com and please enlighten me on the sitemap thing with robot.

Thanks in anticipation

Hello,

But a domain for $1 only on www.1and1.com

I'll help you do the rest for free. It ain't that hard plus I'm not much of an explainer smiley
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by chimoskyg(m): 2:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
bedfordng:
will advice you to get a domain name if you intend to get serious with it

Appreciate
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by AnonymX: 2:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
junnyjake:

nice site, on the general niche I guess. which ads service are you using

Yes, general niche.

I use:

1. Adhitz (in posts CPC)
2. Infolinks (only use them because of the way their highlighting text colours the site )
3. Adcash (CPA)
5. Linkshare (Affiliate)
6. Admitad (Affiliate).

But we just launched 2 weeks ago so not expecting much for now....plus I use ads sparingly so that it doesn't put the readers off.
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by chimoskyg(m): 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2016
AnonymX:

Hello,

But a domain for $1 only on www.1and1.com

I'll help you do the rest for free. It ain't that hard plus I'm not much of an explainer smiley

Appreciate

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by FinestPINACLE(f): 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2016
AnonymX:

Depending... If you want to start a site like mine (www.nkenu.com) all you need is a domain name (I can refer to you to a site where you can buy it for $1.17 only) and then I can install a beautiful theme and customize it for you at only 2,000 naira...that is a total of 2,500 naira only.

But if you want it on WordPress, or for people to download from your site, I can't help you with that but it should cost you about 30,000 naira for a good job.

please give me a shout out on my WhatsApp. Am interested. My number is on my signature. Where do you stay?
Am impressed at your site, please don't forget to ring me and put me thru.
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by AnonymX: 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
FinestPINACLE:
please give me a shout out on my WhatsApp. Am interested. My number is on my signature. Where do you stay?

I'm currently in Uganda, East Africa but I be 'confam' Naija person.

Lol.

Aight.
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by FinestPINACLE(f): 2:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
AnonymX:

I'm currently in Uganda, East Africa but I be 'confam' Naija person.

Lol.

Aight.
lolz.. Nice.
Chat me up plx.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by FinestPINACLE(f): 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
trueking:

You can either get someone to do it for you, or do it yourself using CMS like WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla. you need to learn how to use WordPress, or any that you choose, most people use wordpress because its easy and very good, useYouTube videos to learn. any question, ask.
what about those graphics in d websites? How do I create them?
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by bedfordng(m): 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
FinestPINACLE:
creating a blog and creating a website, what's the difference? I don't seem to understand. Please call me to expantiate. Number is on my signature. I opened a blog with .com. is that as already a website
a website is general name. Nairaland is a website, facebook is a website, amazon is a website but they all have concept and purpose. Nairaland is a forum, amazon is an ecommerce, facebook is a social network etc, likewise a blog is also a website. It all depends its purpose
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by Minemrys: 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
AnonymX:

how abt having a site/domain name with blogger or wordpress with an amount of 2,500 naira?
Re: Is There Any Alternative To ? by AnonymX: 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
Minemrys:

how abt having a site/domain name with blogger or wordpress with an amount of 2,500 naira?

Only blogger.....but it won't look like blogger because of the way I'll customize it....I can do that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Discovered Airtel Web Proxy(another Free Browsing) / Nigerian Popular Blogger "Ejump" Shares His Inspiring Hustle Story / How Do I Pay For Youtube Premium?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.