Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,871 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen (1158 Views)

Spiritual Blessings In The Heavenlies-Zac Poonen / Stephen – The First Martyr And A Spirit Filled Prophet-Zac Poonen / Video Of Witch Bird That Allegedly Transformed Into Young Woman In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by TI1919(m): 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
[size=14pt]

In Luke 1:34-35, we read that when Gabriel came to Mary, she quite naturally asked him, “How can this be? I am a virgin. How can a virgin have a baby?” The angel replied, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you.” The Holy Spirit always brings to us the power of God (See Acts 1:8 and 10:38).

As the Spirit of God came on Mary to produce Jesus in her, so the Spirit comes upon us primarily to produce Christ in us.
As the Spirit of God came on Mary to produce Jesus in her, so the Spirit comes upon us primarily to produce Christ in us. That is the clearest guideline you can have to understand the ministry of the Holy Spirit in our life and in our service for the Lord. As it took time for that body to grow inside Mary’s womb, it will take time for Christ to become manifest in our lives too.

Mary submitted to God’s Word and said, “Let it be done to me according to Your word.” (Luke 1:38). I am a great admirer of Mary (even though I am not a Roman Catholic) because she was such a godly young woman. God looked all over Israel to find one young woman who was really godly; and He found Mary, who was probably only about 18 years old at that time. Read Luke 1:46–55 and see how mature she is and how steeped in Scripture her song is. It is amazing how mature one can become even by the age of 18, if a person is God-fearing. God doesn’t make any mistakes in the persons He chooses.

Mary knew that everyone in Nazareth would spread scandalous stories about her when they knew she was pregnant. No-one would believe that this was the work of the Holy Spirit. And she was willing to suffer that reproach – to bring forth the body of Jesus from her body. Now apply that to your life. Do you want to build the body of Christ in your town? Do you want honour for that or are you willing to suffer “the reproach of Christ”? God does not support those who seek for honour in His work. Such people will only build a congregation, not the body of Christ. Building the body of Christ will always bring reproach, misunderstanding, wagging tongues and gossip – as Mary faced in Nazareth. But all that didn’t bother her. She still brought forth the body of Christ. And so it is even today. The body of Christ will come forth where people are willing to “go outside the religious camp of denominational Christendom and bear His reproach”.

I am certain that Mary did not complain about the difficult circumstances she found herself in that cowshed. Imagine if Mary had been like some of the spoilt teenagers today. She would have been yelling at Joseph saying, “I told you we should have started our journey two days earlier. Here we are now without any room available. I have no privacy at all – and I have to deliver my baby in this cowshed with all this filth around me. What an irresponsible husband you are,” etc. Can you imagine Jesus being born into an atmosphere of complaining and grumbling like that? God would not have permitted that. So He needed a girl who would not complain. That was why He chose Mary to be the mother of Jesus – one who had learnt in her youth to be content with poverty and difficult circumstances. And that was why God could not choose any of the other girls in Israel.

Share it with your friends:
[/size]

http://www.cfcindia.com for more books, articles, sermons and studies by Zac Poonen
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by pappy4real(m): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hmm!
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by delishpot: 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
This topic makes no sense. What kind by of things do people come up with these days? Who told you Mary had Jesus in the shed because Joseph couldn't afgord to pay for a better accommodation?
when labour cones, women deliver where ever they find themselves if they cant help it. Many kids have been born in Keke, markets, homes, churches, farms ets. The moms dis not curse the fathers while in labour. Go figure.
Go read your Bible again and come back here and edit your post.
Even today many people are living their lives according to the will of God. Una go just carry Bible passage way concern women do topic here any how.
Why don't you use the example of how Joseph put his faith in God accepted his pregnant wife even though he suspected her of infidelity? Why don't you mention how Joseph treated that child like one of his own? Why can't you teach men about how Joseph did everything in his power to care for Mary and the child in her womb even when it isn't his?
Cant you see that Joseph had a very big role to play in the birth of Jesus too? Why is it only the women that the society pick and point when talking about successful homes and allow men to just sit down and believe they do not need to put in any more effort to make the home work?
Don't use the Bible to hide your laziness. Even God hates a lazy husband. Many wives appreciate and work hand in hand with their husbands as long as they see the man hussling to the best of their both abilities.
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by TI1919(m): 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
delishpot:
This topic makes no sense. What kind by of things do people come up with these days? Who told you Mary had Jesus in the shed because Joseph couldn't afgord to pay for a better accommodation?
when labour cones, women deliver where ever they find themselves if they cant help it. Many kids have been born in Keke, markets, homes, churches, farms ets. The moms dis not curse the fathers while in labour. Go figure.
Even today many people are living their lives according to the will of God. Una go just carry Bible passage way concern women do topic here any how.
Why don't you use the example of how Joseph put his faith in God accepted his pregnant wife even though he suspected her of infidelity? Why don't you mention how Joseph treated that child like one of his own? Why can't you teach men about how Joseph did everything in his power to care for Mary and the child in her womb even when it isn't his?
Cant you see that Joseph had a very big role to play in the birth of Jesus too? Why is it only the women that the society pick and point when talking about successful homes?
Don't use the Bible to hide your laziness. Even God hates a lazy husband. Many wives appreciate and work hand in hand with their husbands as long as they see the man hussling to the best of their both abilities.

You speak out of ignorance, the focus on the topic is about the role Mary played as a young lady... that does not mean that the role Joseph played is irrelevant. I don't subscribe to mary worship, it is not writen in the scripture hence I can't encourage such because those that do such do it out of ignorance.
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by delishpot: 4:21am On Jul 27, 2016
TI1919:
[color=#990000][/color]

You speak out of ignorance, the focus on the topic is about the role Mary played as a young lady... that does not mean that the role Joseph played is irrelevant. I don't subscribe to mary worship, it is not writen in the scripture hence I can't encourage such because those that do such do it out of ignorance.

How do you think Mary would complain? Do you know the price she would have payed in those days if Joseph had complained about her being pregnant outside wedlock? Do uou know that in those days, suvh a woman would he stoned to death? Yes a bride who was found not to be a virgin in those days was stonned to death. It was a very serious thing then.
Mary was forever grateful to Joseph who was calmed down by the Holly spirit not to be too rash with his decision.
If you we're in Marys shoes, would you complain to Joseph or be happy he accepted your pregnancy and saved your life and removed shame from your family?
Many young ladies today would play that role over and over again. That was why Mary was considered favoured not burdened.
But if a lady (Lets say your fiance) claims to be pregnant like Mary, would you have made life easy for her? Would the world believe her story? Stop all this crazy finger pointing of women. Create topics to help men also be productive brothers, husbands, fathers and sons in the community. You know very well you would hardly get away with such a topic but any topic about women will sell fast here on NL hence you decide to be a hypocrite and create a topic that would get you likes from kids and ignorant ego griping males. Kingdom of God is created for men and women. Teach men to also remember that there is judgement for them too.
No where in the Bible was Mary said to be poor and having life difficult. Joseph was never said to lack anything. He paid his tax, did all what regular middle class people did. Jesus parent' parents we're from humble background. They travelled, mingled and lived life as normal. Stop twisting the Bible to score points.
Jesus was born in a manger because there was no more available rooms in the inn for Joseph and Mary to rent not because Joseph was poor. Mary knew this.
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by TI1919(m): 5:06am On Jul 27, 2016
[size=13pt]
delishpot:

How do you think Mary would complain? Do you know the price she would have payed in those days if Joseph had complained about her being pregnant outside wedlock? Do uou know that in those days, suvh a woman would he stoned to death? Yes a bride who was found not to be a virgin in those days was stonned to death. It was a very serious thing then.
Mary was forever grateful to Joseph who was calmed down by the Holly spirit not to be too rash with his decision.
If you we're in Marys shoes, would you complain to Joseph or be happy he accepted your pregnancy and saved your life and removed shame from your family?
Many young ladies today would play that role over and over again. That was why Mary was considered favoured not burdened.
But if a lady (Lets say your fiance) claims to be pregnant like Mary, would you have made life easy for her? Would the world believe her story? Stop all this crazy finger pointing of women. Create topics to help men also be productive brothers, husbands, fathers and sons in the community. You know very well you would hardly get away with such a topic but any topic about women will sell fast here on NL hence you decide to be a hypocrite and create a topic that would get you likes from kids and ignorant ego griping males. Kingdom of God is created for men and women. Teach men to also remember that there is judgement for them too.
No where in the Bible was Mary said to be poor and having life difficult. Joseph was never said to lack anything. He paid his tax, did all what regular middle class people did. Jesus parent' parents we're from humble background. They travelled, mingled and lived life as normal. Stop twisting the Bible to score points.
Jesus was born in a manger because there was no more available rooms in the inn for Joseph and Mary to rent not because Joseph was poor. Mary knew this.
[/size]

You really misunderstood the point, if I would write about godly woman from the scripture there are many of them and it will be a very long script which could bore the reader.

What I have writen about Mary are not wrong the aim is to strenthen every woman who desire to live a godly life, my advice is; you should make contribution instead of condeming what you don't understand.

My opinion though sad sad sad sad
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by delishpot: 5:10am On Jul 27, 2016
TI1919:
[/size][size=13pt]

You really misunderstood the point, if I would write about godly woman from the scripture there are many of them and it will be a very long script which could bore the reader.

What I have writen about Mary are not wrong the aim is to strenthen every woman who desire to live a godly life, my advice is; you should make contribution instead of condeming what you don't understand.

My opinion though sad sad sad sad

My point is, encourage the men too. Encourage men to live Godly lives too. Evangelism is not about preaching to women alone. Men also need to learn about Gods expectation for them. You are a man, it is high time men also teach fellow men what God expects of them. Believe me, women have heard enough dos and donts to last them a billion generations to come.
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by TI1919(m): 5:17am On Jul 27, 2016
[size=13pt]
delishpot:

My point is, encourage the men too. Encourage men to live Godly lives too. Evangelism is not about preaching to women alone. Men also need to learn about Gods expectation for them. You are a man, it is high time men also teach fellow men what God expects of them. Believe me, women have heard enough dos and donts to last them a billion generations to come.
[/size]

Thank you for your opinion.

undecided undecided undecided
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by kadmiel(m): 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2016
delishpot:
Cant you see that Joseph had a very big role to play in the birth of Jesus too? Why is it only the women that the society pick and point when talking about successful homes?

It is very clear, that you don't understand English language.
Go and learn before you come here to make such a nasty comments about what you don't know
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by YaronAbdulkadir(m): 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2016
delishpot:

You sound like a reasonable person but, your foolishness is very negligible...

undecided undecided undecided
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by Ebonywill(f): 7:18pm On Nov 24, 2016
Nice write up.
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by Ebonywill(f): 7:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
delishpot:

Your point though!

Most you comment on matters you're ignorant about
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by tokimalachi(m): 7:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
Brother Zac Poonen the apostle Paul of our time.
May God dwell with you till infinity in Jesus name... Amen
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by tokimalachi(m): 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
delishpot:

What's stopping you from writing about men
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by keturahtank(f): 7:30pm On Nov 24, 2016
It is good to walk with God, that's the best thing that can happen to any man
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by keturahtank(f): 7:31pm On Nov 24, 2016
delishpot:

I see a jobless youth here.

1 Like

Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by IamtherealRita(f): 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2016
This tread is not actually to encourage the foolishness that's happening in Catholic churches, but to clearly states and illustrate the role Mary play and what we are to learn from it. Nice write up
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by IamtherealRita(f): 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
cool
delishpot:

cool

1 Like

Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by tokisophie(f): 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
delishpot:

You're sensible clap for yourself

cool

1 Like

Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by tokisophie(f): 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2016
delishpot:

Write yours and encourage dogs and better still cat.
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by Psalamatu(f): 7:05pm On Nov 25, 2016
delishpot:

All this your critics where will it take you to
Re: A Godly Young Woman-Zac Poonen by Psalamatu(f): 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
We thank God for being God in our life, we will hence honor him with our life

(1) (Reply)

Most popular words on Nairaland and their meanings / Your Stock Gucci Canvans Make An Order Now / Meet Bbnaija 2018 Housemate Adedayo Aderombi Aka Dee One |biography & History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.