Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

A New Dawn - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A New Dawn (695 Views)

New Dawn (Short Story) / . / Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Dawn by olanshile2016(m): 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2016
A NEW DAWN
Sandra adjusted her dress and hair as she came out of the yellow cab that brought her to the party, she did not want to come to the party until after much pleas from the sister of the celebrant who was her friend, she enter the celebrant’s compound which was also the venue for the party amidst the loud music being played by the invited juju band, she sat down in a corner beside the swimming pool and try to survey the whole arena gazing from Jessica her friend who is dancing gracefully to the music in the company of her boyfriend to the celebrant taking picture with friends and family and to an handsome young man who is sitting down alone sipping coca cola
Meanwhile David, the young man saw this beautiful girl sitting beside the pool, He fixed his gaze on her until their eyes met, the smile the girl flashed at him encourage him to walk up to her but he had to wait till the caterer finished serving her
‘hullo damsel, how do you do’ David greet her in his coolest voice
‘ hello how do you do’ Sandra replied
‘can I keep your company here ?’ David offered
‘No problem’ Sandra said and david sat on a chair facing her by the table, he decided to be asking her questions so as to clear the silence ranging from who her guest was and others
‘so are you a student or what’ David asked after their conversation has became lively
‘Nope, actually I’m an actress’ She said
‘waoh, that means am lucky tonight, my first time of meeting an actress’ David said
Sandra burst into laughter and said ‘am not what you can really call an actress, you know when I was in America, I featured in some films but just as part of a weeping crowd and some as a restaurant attendant ,but now in Nigeria, I’ve signed a deal with a production company’
‘waoh, am impressed, infact I must have your autograph, which I will hang in my office’ David said playfully
‘office, are you studying or what?’ Sandra asked,imitating david
‘am major david’ He said slowly
‘waoh, so you’re a soldier’ she asked and david nod his head in affirmative ‘and you’re cool like this’
‘ there is a beast in every soldier and there is no need of showing the beast in me now or you want to see it’ he teased
‘there is no need, please keep your beast’ Sandra said and they bursted into laughter. The celebrant came to greet them and they went to the dance floor where they displayed their abilities,
‘I think its high time I went home’ Sandra whispered to David
‘alright,I too, you can come with me so I can drop you’ David offered
‘alright, thanks’
They bade the celebrant goodbye and moved to the car,Sandra described her residence to david and in some minutes, they are there, after exchanging contacts they bade each other good bye.
The relationship between the duo later turn to dating which had been going well until david fall sick, they thought it was something easy until the sickness grew from worst to worse that the handsome david is now the opposite
‘lets go to the military hospital where you will be treated for free’ Sandra suggested
‘No’ David protested ‘it will be like exposing myself to danger’
‘how, I don’t get you’ Sandra asked
‘you see,there is a silent beef going on between soldiers, which has turn us into two factions,that’s why am staying outside barrack’ he moaned in pain before he continue ‘so the military doctors seemed to have took side with our opponents, you see, that’s why I don’t want to go there
Sandra shook her head with pity in her eyes ‘ alright,let go to the hospital’ and off they went to the hospital with the driver
After spending weeks in the hospital, David had gotten better and wa ready to be discharged, but he was filled with grief and worry crying silently on the hospital bed contemplating on whether to tell her or not
‘why are you crying david’ Sandra's voice jolted him back to life, she had entered the ward long before she talked, on seeing her, david fell on his knee begging her to forgive and help him
‘David stand up ,what are you doing’ Sandra who was confused by this action said
‘please Sandra, find a place in your heart to forgive me, I did it because I love you’ david said sorrowfully
‘david I don’t get what you’re saying, I’m lost’ Sandra said in exasperation
‘sandra please, I need to pay the hospital bill which is like three hundred thousand which I don’t have’
‘you don’t mean it, ask your driver to go and withdraw all your money’
‘you mean Philip’ david asked and Sandra nodded in affirmative’ Philip is not my driver’ he is my benefactor,I came to this town some month ago to look for job and Philip has been accommodating me since then, he’s my secondary school mate then, he has been helpful,he is giving me his cloth, food and others, but three day ago he told me he’s fed up and I had to leave his apartment, but I need to pay this hospital bill, please I will pay you’ he finished and looked at Sandra who is crying profusely on hearing the revelation
‘please, am sorry, you’re my last hope, I promised to pay you later’
‘so how do you intend to pay when you have no job’ Sandra asked at last when she stopped crying
‘ I will look for job and I will pay you’ he replied
‘david I would have helped you, trust me, but I don’t have money’ she said what make david burst into tears
‘please, help me, you can asked from your employer's company’ david suggested
‘but I have no employer nor company’ she said slowly
‘ what do you mean’ david asked
‘I finished university last year and since then, I’ve been searching for job which is not available,am currently working as an attendant in a local bar’ Sandra said and they burst into crescendo of tears
‘Am very sorry david’ Sandra said
‘am sorry, Sandra’ david said on his knee and Sandra pulled him up and hugged him. After weepng on each others' shoulder for about twenty minutes
‘ its okay , Its clear there is no mean of paying, so what do you suggest we do’ david asked in a shaky voice
Sandra was silent for some minutes before saying ‘ let leave this town and went to another place to start a new life’
‘you have a great idea, but how about hospital bill’ david asked
‘you will have to take a French leave tonight’ she said
‘alright, thank you so much’ david said and Sandra blew her nose before leaving.
David packed his luggages immediately the nurse was through administering his medication,at around 10:30, Sandra entered and they tiptoed through the reception ,they passed through the sleeping nurse on night duty and went to the rail way where they boarded a train going to a nearby country, Sandra lay her head her head on david broad chest as they settled down inside the train
‘thanks so much actress sandra’ David tease her
‘you’re welcome major david’ Sandra said sarcastically as she give him a military salute and they burst into laughter
The train zoomed off and they look forward to A New Dawn

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A New Dawn by bakeuhappy: 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2016
Nice story @ Olashile keep it up.pls edit: her guest was and others
‘so are you a studying or what:
Pls check this too: . The relationship between the duo later turn(ed) to which dating had been going well until david fall sick, they
..from worst to worse(worse to worst)

‘you see,there is a silent beef going on between soldiers, which has turn(ed) us into two
Re: A New Dawn by bakeuhappy: 7:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
Nice story you have keep it up.pls do correct the typos.i edited in brackets n change correct David to capital D.
olanshile2016:
A NEW DAWN Sandra adjusted her dress and hair as she came out of the yellow cab that brought her to the party, she did not want to come to the party until after much pleas from the sister of the celebrant who was her friend, she enter the celebrant’s compound which was also the venue for the party amidst the loud music being played by the invited juju band, she sat down in a corner beside the swimming pool and try to survey the whole arena gazing from Jessica her friend who is dancing gracefully to the music in the company of her boyfriend to the celebrant taking picture with friends and family and to an handsome young man who is sitting down alone sipping coca cola
Meanwhile David, the young man saw this beautiful girl sitting beside the pool, He fixed her(his) gaze on her until their eyes met, the smile the girl flashed at him encourage him to walk up to her but he had to wait till the caterer finished serving her
‘hullo damsel, how do you do’ David greet her in his coolest voice
‘ hello how(do) you do’ Sandra replied
‘can I keep your company here’(?) David offered
‘No problem’ Sandra said and (David)david sit (sat)on a chair facing her on(by) the table, he decided to be asking her questions so as to clear the silence ranging from who her guest was and others
‘so are you a studying (student)or what’ David asked after their conversation has became lively
‘Nope, actually I’m an actress’ She said
‘waoh, that means am lucky tonight, my first time of meeting an actress’ David said
Sandra burst into laughter and said ‘am not what you can really call an actress, you know when I was in America, I featured in some films but just as part of a weeping crowd and some as a restaurant attendant ,but now in Nigeria, I’ve signed a deal with a production company’
‘waoh, am impressed, infact I must have your autograph, which I will hang in my office’ David said playfully
‘office, are you studying or what’(?) Sandra asked,imitating david\
‘am major david’ He said slowly
‘waoh, so you’re a soldier’ she asked and david nod his head in affirmative ‘and you’re cool like this’
‘ there is a beast in every soldier and there is no need of showing the beast in me now or you want to see it’ he teased
‘there is no need, please keep your beast’ Sandra said and they burst(ed) into laughter. The celebrant came to greet them and they went to the dance floor where they displayed their abilities,
‘I think its high time I went home’ Sandra whispered to david(David)
‘alright,I too, you can come with me so I can drop you’ David offered
‘alright, thanks’
They bade the celebrant goodbye and moved to the car,Sandra described her residence to david and in some minutes, they are there, after exchanging contacts they bade each other good bye.
The relationship between the duo later turnto which dating had been going(pls re phrase) well until david fall sick, they thought it was something easy until the sickness grew from worst to worse(worse to worst) that the handsome david is now the opposite
‘lets go to the military hospital where you will be treated for free’ Sandra suggested
‘No’ David protested ‘it will be like exposing myself to danger’
‘how I don’t get you’ Sandra asked
‘you see,there is a silent beef going on between soldiers, which has turn us into two factions,that’s why am staying outside barrack’ he moaned in pain before he continue ‘so the military doctors seemed to have took side with our opponents, you see, that’s why I don’t want to go there
Sandra shake(shook) her head with pity in her eyes ‘ alright,let go to the hospital’ and off they went to the hospital with the driver
After spending weeks in the hospital, david had get(gotten) better and (was)ready to be discharged, but he was filled with grief and worry crying silently on the hospital bed contemplating on whether to tell her or not
‘why are you crying david’(?) (Sandras') voice jolted him back to life, she had entered the ward long before she talked, on seeing her, david fall(fell) on his knee begging her to forgive and help him
‘David stand up ,what are you doing’ Sandra who was confused by this action said :
‘please Sandra, find a place in your heart to forgive me, I did it because I love you’ david said sorrowfully
‘(David) I don’t get what you’re saying, I’m lost’ Sandra said in exasperation
‘(S)andra please, I need to pay the hospital bill which is like three hundred thousand which I don’t have’
‘you don’t mean it, ask your driver to go and withdraw all your money’
‘you mean Philip’ david asked and Sandra nod(ed) in affirmative’ Philip is not my driver’ he is my benefactor,I came to this town some month ago to look for job and Philip has been accommodating me since then, he’s my secondary school mate then, he has been helpful,he is giving me his cloth, food and others, but three day(ago) he told me he’s fed up and I have(had) to leave his apartment, but I need to pay this hospital bill, please I will pay you’ he finished and look(ed) at Sandra who is crying profusely on hearing the revelation
‘please, am sorry, you’re my last hope, I promised to pay you later’
‘so how do you intend to pay when you have no job’ Sandra asked at last when she stopped crying
‘ I will look for job and I will pay you’ he replied
‘David I would have help(ed) you, trust me, but I don’t have money’ she said what(which) make David burst into tears
‘please, help me, you can ask from your employer’s (employers') company’ david suggested
‘but I have no employer nor company’ she said slowly
‘ what do you mean’ david asked
‘I finished university last year and since then, I’ve been searching for job which is not available,am currently working as an attendant in a local bar’ Sandra said and they burst into crescendo of tears
‘Am very sorry David’ Sandra said
‘am sorry, Sandra’ David said on his knee and Sandra pulled him up and hugged him. After weeping on each (others') shoulder for about twenty minutes.
‘ its okay , Its clear there is no mean of paying, so what do you suggest we do’ David asked in a shaky voice
Sandra was silent for some minutes before saying ‘ let leave this town and went to another place to start a new life’
‘you have a great idea, but how about hospital bill’ David asked
‘you will have to take a French leave tonight’ she said
‘alright, thank you so much’ David said and Sandra blew her nose before leaving.
David pack(ed) his luggages immediately the nurse was through administering his medication,at around 10:30. Sandra entered and they tiptoed through the reception ,they passed through the sleeping nurse on night duty and went to the rail way where they board(ed) a train going to a nearby country, Sandra lay her head her head on Davids' broad chest as they settled down inside the train
‘thanks so much actress sandra’ David tease her
‘you’re welcome major David’ Sandra said sarcastically as she give him a military salute and they burst into laughter
The train zoom(ed) off and they look forward for(to) A New Dawn
Re: A New Dawn by olanshile2016(m): 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
bakeuhappy:
Nice story you have keep it up.pls do correct the typos.i edited in brackets n change correct David to capital D.

thanks so much,I really appreciate your efforts, in fact am impressed, thanks once again

1 Like

Re: A New Dawn by olanshile2016(m): 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2016
follow the link below to read and comment on my entry in the writing contest, thanks
http://www.afritalks.com/showcase/a-new-dawn-africontest.52/

(1) (Reply)

The Uniben Horror / Important Christian Information / The Making Of A Hoe - Part 1 [must Read]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.