Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Torn Between Love And Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Torn Between Love And Life (1135 Views)

Torn Between Two Different Worlds / Thin Line Between Love And Hate! / How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Torn Between Love And Life by justnnecky(f): 12:08pm On Aug 14, 2016
Good morning fellow Nlnders,am writing this to solicit for your help and matured advice.
Am 27 years old,am d 1st dauta,though not married but I've not been lucky with relationships, my Mum is on my neck to settle,she blames me and my sisters for making her unhappy and not wanting her to be happy like her mates,each day she goes to the office, she gets mocked by her colleagues that her daughters are not getting married,and each time she gets mocked by them,she takes it out on me...Other guys that came with marriage proposition she turned them down bcuz they are not Igbo's.Now she tells me am way past having a relationship, what I should do is to go ahead and marry any guy that proposes to me.Now there are two guys in my life now,one is of the opinion that before we move to the next step,we must know eachoda in and out(esp as related to sexual matters),the other one though we've bn friends since our uni days but he's not financially prepared to start a family, plz what do I do cuz am seriously under pressure, thanks.
Re: Torn Between Love And Life by PresVA: 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
Hello dear, please don't get married under pressure. .. Remember, it's a life decision. ..
Don't get married to satisfy your mum or whoever, do it because you're ready and have the 'right' partner. ..

Are you living with your mum?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Torn Between Love And Life by Dahyormine(m): 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2016
:-Xthe elders are coming!
Re: Torn Between Love And Life by SirAweezy(m): 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
None is ready... look else where! Make sure you don't bow to pressure. Don't let your life hang on people's opinion... if you do.. they will also tell you the date to die.

2 Likes

Re: Torn Between Love And Life by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2016
Don't let anyone pressure you to get married, not even your mom. If you marry the wrong person you're the one who's going to live with the consequences. Neither of the fellas you mentioned are ready for marriage. Based on what you've written, they're not marriage-material. At the same time you can't just marry any guy that proposes to you. I don talk my own.

2 Likes

Re: Torn Between Love And Life by George22016(m): 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
in as much as I hate women I'll advice you as my own sis.that guy way wan know you in and out fit dump you later on and again don't let those men know the pressure you are going tru else you will be used.e be like say you still day stay with mumsy.that is why she day halla at you like small pikin.if you no day stay with her she go do all the talking for phone

2 Likes

Re: Torn Between Love And Life by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
You hate women?

George22016:
in as much as I hate women I'll advice you as my own sis.that guy way wan know you in and out fit dump you later on and again don't let those men know the pressure you are going tru else you will be used.e be like say you still day stay with mumsy.that is why she day halla at you like small pikin.if you no day stay with her she go do all the talking for phone
Re: Torn Between Love And Life by George22016(m): 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
Yieldings:
You hate women?
my dear NA long story
Re: Torn Between Love And Life by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
How bad could it be for you to make such a statement?

George22016:

my dear NA long story
Re: Torn Between Love And Life by theEYe21(f): 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
you and your matter is a very sad one. Definitely you and and your mom have a very low self esteem, you don't know what you want, you let your mom control your life and your happiness. Why would you allow your mum to tell you who to marry? Is she the one that's going to spend the rest of her life with who you will marry? Your happiness should be your main priority, unless you don't want to be happy for the rest of your life
justnnecky:
Good morning fellow Nlnders,am writing this to solicit for your help and matured advice.
Am 27 years old,am d 1st dauta,though not married but I've not been lucky with relationships, my Mum is on my neck to settle,she blames me and my sisters for making her unhappy and not wanting her to be happy like her mates,each day she goes to the office, she gets mocked by her colleagues that her daughters are not getting married,and each time she gets mocked by them,she takes it out on me...Other guys that came with marriage proposition she turned them down bcuz they are not Igbo's.Now she tells me am way past having a relationship, what I should do is to go ahead and marry any guy that proposes to me.Now there are two guys in my life now,one is of the opinion that before we move to the next step,we must know eachoda in and out(esp as related to sexual matters),the other one though we've bn friends since our uni days but he's not financially prepared to start a family, plz what do I do cuz am seriously under pressure, thanks.
Re: Torn Between Love And Life by byvan03: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
Never marry because anyone said so. Start thinking of staying away from mama before she pressures you into fire.
Re: Torn Between Love And Life by zed7: 9:06am On Aug 15, 2016
justnnecky:

Your mum or you mean your enemy?
Re: Torn Between Love And Life by justnnecky(f): 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2016
PresVA:
Hello dear, please don't get married under pressure. .. Remember, it's a life decision. ..
Don't get married to satisfy your mum or whoever, do it because you're ready and have the 'right' partner. ..

Are you living with your mum?

Yes am living with her,so far I have stood my grounds but still haven't been lucky

(1) (Reply)

Wrong Woman Mentality about relationship and marriage. / Panasonic AC 2 HP For Sale--sold / Married Men's Roundtable - Lets Discuss Our Marriage Issues Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.