Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,909 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:13 PM

How To Quickly Switch Between 3G And 2G On Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Quickly Switch Between 3G And 2G On Android (1572 Views)

The Gap Between 3g And 4g / Unlocking All Kind Of 4G,3G And 2G Internet Modems / How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Quickly Switch Between 3G And 2G On Android by accountbalance: 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2016
There is always the need to switch between 2G and 3G network on Android.

2G - saves battery but slow connection.
3G - fast Internet speed but consumes battery.

However, one has to always go through Settings > More > Mobile Network > Preferred network type > Switch.

This is quite long especially when switching is frequent.

Please, Kindly let's know if there's a 'one click' action to toggle between this two network, maybe an application or something.
Re: How To Quickly Switch Between 3G And 2G On Android by bigtt76(f): 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2016
When you go through this route and back to 3G, it puts it on 3G/2G Auto which itself consumes more battery power as it alternates based on signal strenght. Best option is *#*#3646633#*#* and change it to 3G only or 2G only

accountbalance:
There is always the need to switch between 2G and 3G network on Android.

2G - saves battery but slow connection.
3G - fast Internet speed but consumes battery.

However, one has to always go through Settings > More > Mobile Network > Preferred network type > Switch.

This is quite long especially when switching is frequent.

Please, Kindly let's know if there's a 'one click' action to toggle between this two network, maybe an application or something.
Re: How To Quickly Switch Between 3G And 2G On Android by accountbalance: 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2016
bigtt76:
When you go through this route and back to 3G, it puts it on 3G/2G Auto which itself consumes more battery power as it alternates based on signal strenght. Best option is *#*#3646633#*#* and change it to 3G only or 2G only

What exactly does that long code do? I haven't tried it tho.
Re: How To Quickly Switch Between 3G And 2G On Android by bigtt76(f): 10:15pm On Aug 27, 2016
It brings up the hidden internal settings on Android.

accountbalance:

What exactly does that long code do? I haven't tried it tho.
Re: How To Quickly Switch Between 3G And 2G On Android by accountbalance: 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2016
bigtt76:
It brings up the hidden internal settings on Android.

Wow that's great, I'll try it now. But I hope there's no down side to it cuz my phone is rooted.

(1) (Reply)

How To Grab APK From Google Play To Bypass Restrictions / Airtel Nigeria Launches A New Tariff Plan Enjoy Upto 150mb On Every Recharge / Tecno W3 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.