Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,076 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:30 AM

D - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (804 Views)

Is The Rise Of Atheism In Nigeria A Direct Reaction To Flaws Of Pentecostalism? / The Top 10 Lies About Atheism By Nigerians / 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
"

Re: D by phlamesG: 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
I see blocks of stones and a little stone under one of the stones.
I don't know what you see opop undecided
Re: D by johnydon22(m): 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
Lennycool:
The picture below is an excellent optical illusion. Some will be able to tell what's odd about it in seconds, others will take a lot longer and some will never see the true image. But once you do see the real image you can NEVER unsee it. I myself have often tried to imagine the concept of heaven, hell and God, like I normally did when I was still a Christian. But like many other atheist I've found it impossible to accept the concept of a God and afterlife as reality. Religion is much like the illusion, once you see through the façade, you can never unsee it. The website below helped me see through the illusion of religion.

I disagree with the bolded, someone can go back to being religious even after atheism besides there are also very many non-theistic religions.

Abrahamism is not the totality what religion is, it's just a fraction of it.
Re: D by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
johnydon22:

I disagree with the bolded, someone can go back to being religious even after atheism besides there are also very many non-theistic religions.

Ex religious atheist that go back to religion can never truly unsee the truth, they will never truly be as they were before. I'm fully aware of the non-theistic religions like Buddhism, they believe in the concept of reincarnation.
Re: D by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
phlamesG:
I see blocks of stones and a little stone under one of the stones.
I don't know what you see opop undecided
Look again, in between the bricks, its a cigar not a little stone. wink
Re: D by plaetton: 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Yes.
But more out of confusion that conviction.

People who mistake atheism for another religion or philosophy that guarantees them answers or something else, would surely be disappointed, because it promises and promotes no such thing.

Atheism is not a quick escape. It is usually a gradual realization and eventual ACCEPTANCE.

Once you get up and start walking, get used to walking, it's hard to convince you back to crawling.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D by johnydon22(m): 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
plaetton:

Yes.
But more out of confusion that conviction.

People who mistake atheism for another religion or philosophy that guarantees them answers or something else, would surely be disappointed, because it promises and promotes no such thing.

Atheism is not a quick escape. It is usually a gradual realization and eventual ACCEPTANCE.

Once you get up and start walking, get used to walking, it's hard to convince you back to crawling.

I agree - People often mistake atheism for a philosophy or doctrine purely out of ignorance..

2 Likes

Re: D by DeSepiero(m): 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
Lennycool:
The picture below is an excellent optical illusion. Some will be able to tell what's odd about it in seconds, others will take a lot longer and some will never see the true image. But once you do see the real image you can NEVER unsee it. I myself have often tried to imagine the concept of heaven, hell and God, like I normally did when I was still a Christian. But like many other atheist I've found it impossible to accept the concept of a God and afterlife as reality. Religion is much like the illusion, once you see through the façade, you can never unsee it. The website below helped me see through the illusion of religion.
http://www.godisimaginary.com/i1.htm

Mostly true!!
Re: D by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
But seriously oh. Has any one seen what's odd about the picture?
Re: D by DeSepiero(m): 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
Lennycool:
But seriously oh. Has any one seen what's odd about the picture?

Do you mean how the cigar was stuck in at the point it is?

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

Do you mean how the cigar was stuck in at the point it is?
Thank you smiley how long did it take you?
Re: D by hopefulLandlord: 4:14am On Nov 30, 2016
Interesting!

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right To Pay Tithe From Money Acquired through MMM / The Nigerian God / Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.