Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,824 members, 7,956,114 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:53 AM

.. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / .. (985 Views)

Deleted. / Deleted / Hotel Lodger Found Dead, Phone Contacts Deleted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by gheruta(m): 8:56am On Oct 22, 2016
Re: .. by DesChyko: 8:59am On Oct 22, 2016
Why not?

In my opinion, reach out to the people you scammed through unofficial means and strike a deal with them. Find a legit means to make the agreement official and pay him/her off.
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 22, 2016
How u get them is how u gone lose them... cool
Re: .. by delishpot: 9:26am On Oct 22, 2016
You do not need all this wahala. They may arrest you in the end and don't go thinking you are sacrificing for God while you are in jail.
Being sorry and repentant is enough. Restitution is a personal thing not a pre requisite to enter heaven. All you need for that is repentance. Once you have repented and are sorry that should be enough.

1 Like

Re: .. by gheruta(m): 9:30am On Oct 22, 2016
delishpot:
You do not need all this wahala. They may arrest you in the end and don't go thinking you are sacrificing for God while you are in jail.
Being sorry and repentant is enough. Restitution is a personal thing not a pre requisite to enter heaven. All you need for that is repentance. Once you have repented and are sorry that should be enough.
It is not a religious decision. All points made so far are noted.
Re: .. by gheruta(m): 9:31am On Oct 22, 2016
TrapQueen77:
How u get them is how u gone lose them... cool
I didn't quite understand this.
Re: .. by delishpot: 10:46am On Oct 22, 2016
gheruta:

It is not a religious decision. All points made so far are noted.

Okay. So why are you doing a restitution?
Re: .. by gheruta(m): 10:54am On Oct 22, 2016
delishpot:

Okay. So why are you doing a restitution?
I am just quite troubled. One of them is in a really bad place because of her loss. I just want to do right, she is quite a nice person.
Re: .. by Laird(m): 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2016
Apologise to them.and pay them their exact.money with some small interest if possible.

Restitution

That's the right thing to do
Re: .. by delishpot: 12:47pm On Oct 23, 2016
gheruta:
I am just quite troubled. One of them is in a really bad place because of her loss. I just want to do right, she is quite a nice person.

Aww, then you should return the money of you can or any amount you can comfortably pay now and complete the money as time goes on.
You will do yourself no good by emptying your acct to make things right.
Write to them. Take note of what you owe them and stretch the refund over a period of time.
And yes, if they have proof that you swindled them and feel like reporting you rather than appreciating your effort at restitution, they may work to have you arrested.
Re: .. by Nina4u(f): 4:03am On Oct 24, 2016
gheruta:
I'm glad you have a contious.. I been love scamed and it broke my heart but not my wallet... I could live with that.. The worst part was the lies and betrail that I didn't mean shit to that person.. Karma is real so clean your pased.. Give back the money with an apology.. That will mean alot.. And u may be forgiven...
Re: .. by olumaxi(m): 5:28am On Oct 24, 2016
YES!!....restitution is to make heaven while arrest is to face justice
Re: .. by delishpot: 5:38am On Oct 24, 2016
olumaxi:
YES!!....restitution is to make heaven while arrest is to face justice

Restitution is not to make heaven. Repentance and living ones life according to the will of God is to make heaven..
Restitution is to seek forgiveness from the offended person and refund what you have taken. Sometimes it is used a s a form of punishment. And if the offender gets caught and can not make the payment, he/she can be sold into slavery. I do not believe Jesus would agree with that law if he was asked. If you read your Bible well, you would see where Jesus said the Pharisees burden people with law. Andnpretend God sent them but actually they do not belongbto God but the devil .
. It is not part of prerequisite to make heaven just a cultural practice.

(1) (Reply)

Extortion At Odi-olowo/ojuwoye Local Council Development Area, Mushin, Lagos / Jungle Justice: Man O' War Officers Halt A Woman From Being Lynched!(pics) / PHOTOS: Armed Robbers Invade Onitsha, Kill Petrol Station Manager, injure Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.