Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] (28774 Views)

Poll: And the Winner is?

Nigeria: 95% (85 votes)
Switzerland: 4% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Jordan Vs Nigeria - (1 - 0) International Friendly On 28th October 2013 / Mexico V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (1 - 6) on 19 Oct 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by FBS: 7:43am On Nov 13, 2009
. . .And suddenly it's SUPER SUNDAY. This weekend is no ordinary one because as you may already know, our very own GOLDEN EAGLETS take on the boys from Switzerland on Sunday (15-Nov-2009) at 7PM.

Some call them too old, overage! Some even said them wowo (but I wonder if na fine face or Ajeb[i]utness[/i] dey put ball for inside net). Our boys are Ajepakos and they have displayed what they are capable of.

They stumbled in their very first match but scored 3 amazing goals in a matter of 7 minutes!!! against Germany And never looked back since then. . .crushing opponents with an attacking style of play we are known for.  In the words of the lyrical gbosa a.k.a DaGrin. . .Jooooooooooooooorr!

They are clinical, fast, agile and confident. They play with a great sense of purpose and precision and obviously with a clear game  plan.

They have managed to put BIG smiles on our faces as evident at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos. It was @ FULL capacity. Can anyone remind me the last time we had such in Nigerian football?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the future of Nigerian Football. The all conquering Golden Eaglets of Nigeria and come sunday, we will hoping for a victory.  smiley

Game: Switzerland vs Nigeria
Venue: Abuja National Stadium
When:Sunday (15-Nov-09)
Time:   7 PM

Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by meggieblac: 8:37am On Nov 13, 2009
i've got no fear cos the boys will DEFINITELY deliver. Go naija!!!!
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by countdown2: 9:04am On Nov 13, 2009
All I know if Nija is winning the CUP, provided they maintain the same kind of spirit and confidence against spain.

Yall dnt get it twisted, Spain had a game plan, but with our possession, accurate passes and nice tackles to get the ball, their game plan was disrupted. Once the same happens to swiss, the game is ours. Good luck to them.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by andyty(m): 10:30am On Nov 13, 2009
The boys will deliver if they maintain the same fighting spirit and not underate the swiss boys. tThe swiss team is very dangerous, they rarely create chances and when they do the utilise it.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by honeric01(m): 10:34am On Nov 13, 2009
surely, they will deliver, i believe in them

check this out

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-344290.99999.html#bot
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by ud4u: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2009
They got the spirit, naija all the way
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Sagamite(m): 11:47am On Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland are the World U-17 Champions irrespective of what happens on Sunday.

They played good football, are tactically gifted and used players that are U-17.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by honeric01(m): 11:50am On Nov 13, 2009
Sagamite:

Switzerland are the World U-17 Champions irrespective of what happens on Sunday.

They played good football, are tactically gifted and used players that are U-17.

And you were there when they were each born tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Sagamite(m): 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2009
honeric01:

And you were there when they were each born tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You might not be exposed to it, but there are countries that rigorously keep records and have a higher aversion to state cheating. tongue

The only serious chance of age-cheating is if there is a player that is a migrant and was not born in the country.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by honeric01(m): 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2009
Sagamite:

You might not be exposed to it, but there are countries that rigorously keep records and have a higher aversion to state cheating. tongue

The only serious chance of age-cheating is if there is a player that is a migrant and was not born in the country.

And they have alot of migrants in their squad, just check out the names of their no 10, 9 and the black boy with some others.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by No2Atheism(m): 12:28pm On Nov 13, 2009
@sagamite

i agree with your views jare . . .

old men pretending to be under 17. . . .

its mostly migrants that have a better chance of age cheating in europe. . . cus europeans are hopelessly rigorous with records cus thats what they know how to do . . .as an european cannot really survive in an unregimented environment. . . hence its in their nature to do things in a record keeping way. . . so the reality is that 95% of europeans in age group competions are below or at the required age.

The remaining 5% is mostly caused by either east europeans or migrants . . .
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Sagamite(m): 12:31pm On Nov 13, 2009
honeric01:

And they have alot of migrants in their squad, just check out the names of their no 10, 9 and the black boy with some others.

No 1, I can guarantee you that a vast majority would be born and bred in Switzerland. Just checking Ben Khalifa, he was.

No 2, they look young and look like how their age group look in that country.

No 3, their backgrounds would match with what is expected at that age. That is most would be in Academies, currently in high school and their career is trackable, not scoring 50 goals in the premiership at the age of 8 and left secondary school at 4.

No 4, they are unlikely to lie about their age as they lose out on opportunities due to restriction at home and it is not the culture to do such in their country as they don't take youth football seriously hence the advantage is negligible and the opportunity is virtually non-existent due to record keeping. Unlike the average nigerian footballer that is from a hunger-infested background that sees it as common-sense to falsify age so as to be able to compete at an international stage (U-17 as it is hard to get to the SE) and be spotted by scouts. It is easy to do this as records are non-existent and a sworn affidavit might be the ONLY passport out of poverty.

So, my friend, under facts, reasonable logic and assumptions, I am pretty sure that virtually all the team are U-17.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by MrCrackles(m): 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2009
Age cheats don reach final. . . . .
Ojoro nation!!!!!!
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by honeric01(m): 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2009
Sagamite:

No 1, I can guarantee you that a vast majority would be born and bred in Switzerland. Just checking Ben Khalifa, he was.

No 2, they look young and look like how their age group look in that country.

So, my friend, under facts, reasonable logic and assumptions, I am pretty sure that virtually all the team are U-17.

Did you see them in person? and what about the Turkish u-17 team?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Sagamite(m): 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2009
No2Atheism:

@sagamite

i agree with your views jare . . .

old men pretending to be under 17. . . .

its mostly migrants that have a better chance of age cheating in europe. . . cus europeans are hopelessly rigorous with records cus thats what they know how to do . . .as an european cannot really survive in an unregimented environment. . . hence its in their nature to do things in a record keeping way. . . so the reality is that 95% of europeans in age group competions are below or at the required age.

The remaining 5% is mostly caused by either east europeans or migrants . . .

Omo, these guys know it is no argument.

It is just desperation in position of debate, a slight sense of shame and wish to look for others to join in the shame so as not to need to feel bad, and misplaced patriotism that is fuelling such arguments.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by honeric01(m): 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2009
Sagamite:

Omo, these guys know it is no argument.

It is just desperation in position of debate, a slight sense of shame and wish to look for others to join in the shame so as not to need to feel bad, and misplaced patriotism that is fuelling such arguments.

fight your way into fifa, then you can stop every age cheat. no one is telling you some of our players are not more than their ages so what's your point?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Sagamite(m): 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2009
honeric01:

Did you see them in person? and what about the Turkish u-17 team?

I have seen them on TV and they look like high school kids. Okoro, Emvoh, Chukwudi, Emmanuel, Egbedi look like my age mate (and believe me, my clock is ticking. I no be spring chicken anymore).

Half of the Turkish look over-age as I stated a few days ago.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Sagamite(m): 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2009
honeric01:

fight your way into fifa, then you can stop every age cheat. no one is telling you some of our players are not more than their ages so what's your point?

My point is that people should not even try and defend it, it makes me incandescent or cringe.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by No2Atheism(m): 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2009
turks are not really europeans in the real sense of the word . . . turks are mediterenean hence their world view is different from that of europeans  . . .

Europeans are mostly celts, scandanavians and germanic tribes .  . . even italians and greeks are not really europeans in the real sense of the word.

thats why u see that the greeks and romans i.e. italians have a culture thats kinda similar to that of africans and north africans i.e. a care free attitude to life . . .
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by No2Atheism(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland are the real under 17 champions whether nigerian beats them or not is irrelevant . . .

I suspect that Fifa is going to ban nigeria after the compettion , cause of the evidences that are cropping up as to the age cheating of nigerians. . .
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by honeric01(m): 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2009
Sagamite:

My point is that people should not even try and defend it, it makes me incandescent or cringe.

Since it's not only a Nigerian sin, then i don't see why we should always castigate Nigeria and use Nigeria as scapegoat all the time. Brazil won this same tournament 3times like us and you cant tell me they won it with the right ages either.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Sagamite(m): 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2009
honeric01:

Since it's not only a Nigerian sin, then i don't see why we should always castigate Nigeria and use Nigeria as scapegoat all the time. Brazil won this same tournament 3times like us and you cant tell me they won it with the right ages either.

No 1, the Brazilians look their age and I can guarantee you as a football-centred and crazy country that is more advanced than Nigeria (We are 5th world compared to them) you would be able to track each and EVERY player in the teams record as they would be well known local heroes since they started kicking a ball well.

So please stop this "I must find someone to share in our shame".

No 2, that is irrelevant. The Brazilian players do not represent me, the nigerian players do. And as I always say: The best person to condemn/criticise a black man is another black man, the best person to condemn/criticise and islamic fundamentalist is another muslim, the best person to condemn/criticise a Yoruba man is another Yoruba man etc so there would be no cheap claim of discrimination. I stand and play my part in condemning my fellow Nigerian for cheating.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by honeric01(m): 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2009
Sagamite:

No 1, the Brazilians look their age and I can guarantee you as a football-centred and crazy country that is more advanced than Nigeria (We are 5th world compared to them) you would be able to track each and EVERY player in the teams record as they would be well known local heroes since they started kicking a ball well.

So please stop this "I must find someone to share in our shame".

No 2, that is irrelevant. The Brazilian players do not represent me, the nigerian players do. And as I always say: The best person to condemn/criticise a black man is another black man, the best person to condemn/criticise and islamic fundamentalist is another muslim, the best person to condemn/criticise a Yoruba man is another Yoruba man etc so there would be no cheap claim of discrimination. I stand and play my part in condemning my fellow Nigerian for cheating.

Then go to fifa, tell them to stripe us off the cup if we win it okay?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Sagamite(m): 1:16pm On Nov 13, 2009
honeric01:

Then go to fifa, tell them to stripe us off the cup if we win it okay?

Don't worry, I am sure it would ripple from Nairaland and other channels to FIFA.

Hopefully, it would be a 10 year ban this time because I think we need a severe punishment for our mentality, refusal to learn even a little from the last ban, lack of shame, crudeness, harm done to genuine winners like Switzerland/Spain and gratification of cheats (Obuh especially).
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Sagamite(m): 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2009
It is because of this mentality, lack of shame and crudeness that we produce THINGS like this (the brothers of Chukwudi):

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU6SdYT77RI&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]

UP NIGERIA!!!
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by honeric01(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2009
Sagamite:

Don't worry, I am sure it would ripple from Nairaland and other channels to FIFA.

Hopefully, it would be a 10 year ban this time because I think we need a severe punishment for our mentality, refusal to learn even a little from the last ban, lack of shame, crudeness, harm done to genuine winners like Switzerland/Spain and gratification of cheats (Obuh especially).

So? that would stop me from breathing?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Sagamite(m): 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2009
honeric01:

So? that would stop me from breathing?

Oga, I have no intention of stopping you from breathing o.

Wetin you do me, wey I dey provoke reach that?

We dey fight for electoral post? Person tell you say I be PDP?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by honeric01(m): 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2009
Sagamite:

Oga, I have no intention of stopping you from breathing o.

Wetin you do me, wey I dey provoke reach that?

We dey fight for electoral post? Person tell you say I be PDP?

lol ok grin grin grin
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Sagamite(m): 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2009
honeric01:

lol ok grin grin grin

Adedibu don die o. No one dey pay me for dat kin job anymore why I go dey do am for free. grin grin grin
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by honeric01(m): 1:54pm On Nov 13, 2009
Sagamite:

Adedibu don die o. No one dey pay me for dat kin job anymore why I go dey do am for free. grin grin grin

Chris uba is employing
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 13, 2009
Before na only me dey go staduim for my house but yesterday as i was calling my account officer for tickets, all my family members dey beg for ticket, ah Abuja Sunday, here we come. Fight to finish oh.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by honeric01(m): 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2009
aisha2:

Before na only me dey go staduim for my house but yesterday as i was calling my account officer for tickets, all my family members dey beg for ticket, ah Abuja Sunday, here we come. Fight to finish oh.

Aisha, you missed alot, yesterday was so so so full of interesting stuffs.

check out some pix

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-344290.64.html#msg4915933

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

FG Prohibits Exclusivity Rights In Sports Broadcasting / Kobe Bryant's Death: Investigators Seek Answers To Chopper Crash. / Supreme Court Confirms Messi Fraud Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.