Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,249 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November (5604 Views)

Poll: Who Nicks This?

Sunderland: 0% (0 votes)
Arsenal: 100% (18 votes)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Bolton Wanderers Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On Saturday 21st January 2012 / Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 / Chelsea Vs Wolves [4-0] On Saturday 21st November (2) (3) (4)

Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by v3: 10:57am On Nov 20, 2009
Sunderland VS Arsenal (Red & White Army)
Time : 4:00pm local time
Venue : Stadium of Light

Ok. . So the "Red&White" go into this match on the heels of a nerve-racking international break, which has left a handful of first-team players out with injuries  angry , but no worries as SAW has likely replacements. cool

There's some good news in the arsenal camp, as Denilson "might" bag his first appearance after being out injured, Vela's also to get some playing time & DUDU just signed an extension! grin.

THE HOME TEAM!
Sunderland are eighth in the Premier League, the "Black Cats" success is largely down to their impressive home form - 13 of their 17 points have been picked up at the Stadium of Light.

A win against Liverpool & an annoying draw against Man Utd (No thanks to Ferdinand Jnr  angry ) have made the bookmakers see them as the "giant killers" this season, but in Arsenal, they face the daunting task of playing against team well-known for its attack-minded style of football  cool.

THE AWAY TEAM
Injuries!Injuries!!Injuries here&there  angry , but hey, it's football  cool. . .As i said before, Some players would get their taste of first-team football after being out for a while (Denilson,Vela *hope he makes the bench*,Armand Traore,Silvestre & co).

TALKING TACTICS
The Sunderland crowd, at home, expects its team to try and go out and win every game. I think it will be a quite similar formation to the one Bruce put out at Spurs because he still has Kenwyne Jones suspended.

Personally, I think Darren Bent will operate on his own up-front with Steed Malbranque, Fraizer Campbell and Kieran Richardson supporting him from midfield. Bruce will be aware that Arsenal are strong in the midfield (4-4-2 OR 4-3-3 formation) and I think Sunderland will try and deny them space."

Steve Bruce had this to say : "Arsenal look pretty much irresistible at the moment. I know they have a few key injuries at the moment and that's going to affect the game but I wouldn't have thought it would affect Arsenal's approach; they're a team who go for three points whatever the circumstances. If they get a stroke of luck, Sunderland can beat Arsenal. Sunderland will make it very difficult for them so it will be an interesting afternoon"

Until tomorrow. . . Victoria Concordia Crescit

Gunnerz 4 life! cool
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by mukina2: 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2009
nice . .thanks wink
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by v3: 12:35pm On Nov 20, 2009
mukina2:

nice . .thanks wink
yw wink
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by rasputinn(m): 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2009
That RVP blow is one big blow I'm yet to come to terms with.Well if it's any consolation,Kenwyne Jones and that other guy are still out suspended
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by v3: 1:36pm On Nov 20, 2009
Rasputin

if it's any consolation, Madame kovacevic promised us she'd handover a fit RVP in less then 14 days. . so pls nor vex eh my broda! undecided

Dat Sunderland Jones aka Rugby Player. . .won't be taking ANY part in tomorrow'z match
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by slimshay(m): 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2009
v3, are u kidding me? 14 days? shocked grin walahi i wan go hurt my groin now now now!!!!

Chei, u think say jones be like rugby player, u for go their site now now see d gorrilla wey dey front page. I been visit when i dey do research for gooner blog. damn dat nucca ooogly!!! grin

anyways lovely post u got here, straight to the point. We go show them. amen!!! cool
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by v3: 2:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
slimshay:

v3, are u kidding me? 14 days?  shocked grin walahi i wan go hurt my groin now now now!!!!
bwahahahahahahahahahahhahahahha ROTFLOL!!! una nor go kill me o

Some good news. . .Mr. Alan Wiley is the referee for this game! So if "dem mama" fc tackle/foul DUDU,Vela or the kids anyhow!! Na straight red!! So no shakement gunnerz. . . cool

But come to fink of it. . Wiley has this tin for dishing out cards like he has this love-hate relationship for tinz in "Red & White!" shocked Well since they're the home team, the "red&white" joke's on them this time  cool
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by bandely(m): 2:36pm On Nov 20, 2009
BENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by v3: 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2009
bandely:

BENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry
DUDU grin grin
This is gonna be one stroll in the park. . .2 goals by halftime! 4-1 by the end of 90mins!
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by bandely(m): 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2009
v3nom4eva:

DUDU grin grin
This is gonna be one stroll in the park. . .2 goals by halftime! 3-3 by the end of 90mins!
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by tkb417(m): 3:10pm On Nov 20, 2009
2-2 ;d
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by v3: 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2009
tkb417:

2-2 ;d
For ur mind abi? grin
bandely:

Close ya titz joor
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by duduspace(m): 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2009
Good job v3nom.

I have no fear at all about this match, cos the major threat who could give us problems (Kenwyne Jones) is out of this one, our defence have no problems playing against a striker better known for movement and pace like Bent but a physical player like Jones is a totally different proposition however (yu can ask Vidic and VDS). Bent gets all the press due to his goals but doesn't have much impact as a lone striker. The other players who could be problematic in MF are Malbranque(of the old enemy spurs), Richardson and Andy Reid of Ireland(who I respect so much).

I think we will line up this way depending on injuries:

Almunia

Sagna - Gallas - TV5 - Traore

Cesc - Song - Ramsey/Merida

Rosicky/Eboue - Eduardo - Arshavin/Vela

Sunderland will see Traore as the weak link in our defence and try to exploit that route while packing the MF, the team might take some time to settle with the new players but if it remains goaless up to the 20th minute, then we will take this one easy.
2-0
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by v3: 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2009
@dudu

U juz might be right, but traore should no if he slips up, he would clean Gibb's boots for the next 5-7 games, so it's on him to prove he should ONLY be "understudy" to Gael Kelechi not not Gibbs/Kelechi!

SAW would be looking to settle this one early in the first half, so playing Eboue ahead of Rozzy would be welcomed, as he can well do some damage on the flanks (physically too  cool & personally i wouldn't wanna lose rozzy this early). . errm, AA would get the nod to start on the left but switching wings with EE would be a problem as EE'z naturally good playing AMR/DMR so the talk of Rozzy starting juz might pop-up!

DUDU doesn't do so well alone up-front, so it all depends on the midfield to get as much balls to him as possible!! I see a 4-3-3 formation that would switch into a diamond 4-4-2 once arsenal get a firm grip on the game, with AA behind DUDU, Vela  undecided / rozzy (sub EE) on the flanks

No wahala sha, till morrow! cool

Ole Ole gunnerz
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by kaypumpin2(m): 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2009
duduspace:

Good job v3nom.

I have no fear at all about this match, cos the major threat who could give us problems (Kenwyne Jones) is out of this one, our defence have no problems playing against a striker better known for movement and pace like Bent but a physical player like Jones is a totally different proposition however (yu can ask Vidic and VDS). Bent gets all the press due to his goals but doesn't have much impact as a lone striker. The other players who could be problematic in MF are Malbranque(of the old enemy spurs), Richardson and Andy Reid of Ireland(who I respect so much).

I think we will line up this way depending on injuries:

Almunia

Sagna - Gallas - TV5 - Traore

Cesc - Song - Ramsey/Merida

Rosicky/Eboue - Eduardo - Arshavin/Vela

Sunderland will see Traore as the weak link in our defence and try to exploit that route while packing the MF, the team might take some time to settle with the new players but if it remains goaless up to the 20th minute, then we will take this one easy.
2-0

I agree with you as per Andy Reid and Malbranque,these two are decent players that can run at defenders and give cause for worries.The more reason i will want Song to be extremely careful as he's one yellow card short of suspension.I am sure at one point though,we will see the introduction of Denilson.We are spoilt for choices in the attack as your formation cum player arrangement doesn't even take into consideration that Walcott is back,and not forgeting the mesmerizing Nasri.

Also i think Sagna should be rested after playing 120mins mid-week but then,fingers crossed.

I see Sunderland putting up a fight but a 1-3 victory wouldn't hurt. cool
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by v3: 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2009
I don forget, the "prince" of french footie is back!! grin cool , along with my speed-demon!!

See why i lurrrrrrrrrrrrvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv arsenal, our factory juz dey manufacture players like no man'z business. .  grin

The attack-duo?? forgetee, the one's doing the scoring would be in the midfield/flanks!! DUDU would have an assist though!

SAW please save Nasri, Walcott, Denilson, Wilshere. . n those disrespectful kids for Man shitty!  kiss kiss
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by bandely(m): 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2009
v3nom, did you just heard this dudu from your dream?
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by v3: 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2009
bandely:

NO sir! & do you have a problem calling one of my own "DUDU"?? grin
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by duduspace(m): 6:18pm On Nov 20, 2009
bandely:

And did yu just wake up on the wrong side of the bed today deciding to look for trouble? angry
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by v3: 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2009
free am,he's not worth my squeeze
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by yousouph(m): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2009
Sunderland will not be an easy opponent at home but any scoreline will do for me in as much as we GUN them down at Stadia of light.
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by Emperoh(m): 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2009
TKB

Pls get the beach balls ready!!!
I see another 1-0 win for the home team
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by duduspace(m): 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2009
Emperoh:

TKB

Pls get the beach balls ready!!!
I see another 1-0 win for the home team

abeg, na club wey no get better players dey hide behind beach ball, a beach ball goal matters not when yu've put 4 goals into your opponent's net.
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by rasputinn(m): 10:23pm On Nov 20, 2009
tkb417:

2-2 ;d

Oh I geddit now,Manure and Everton will draw 2 - 2 @ OT
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by Borat1: 1:08am On Nov 21, 2009
Forgive me,
but i think both teams are evenly matched and will play out an entertaining 2-2 draw cool
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by yousouph(m): 4:44am On Nov 21, 2009
There have been bad luck for Sunderland after the beach ball goal. An entertaining win for Arsenal. grin
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by bandely(m): 11:20am On Nov 21, 2009
v3nom4eva:

NO sir! & do you have a problem calling one of my own "DUDU"?? grin
duduspace:

And did yu just wake up on the wrong side of the bed today deciding to look for trouble? angry
Oh Sorry oo, no vex! tongue grin

v3nom4eva:

free am,he's not worth my squeeze
I laugh in Igando! angry angry
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by sammytb(m): 12:07pm On Nov 21, 2009
A5rsenal will surely nick dis one
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by allboyz(m): 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2009
we may not see gallas,Sagna,AA23,and song in today's game.

i for see. . . .

almunia

eboue Senderous TV5 Silvestre

Denilson Ramsey

Rosicky FAB4 Nasri

DUDU

Subs - walcy, Merida,AA23,Song,Fabianski,Traore,Vela

4 - 1 to the L'arse!

FAB4 - 1
Rosickt - 1
Dudu - 2

Gunners 1800 tongue
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by MrCrackles(m): 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2009
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Are you Arsene Wenger in disguise
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by allboyz(m): 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2009
MrCrackles:

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Are you Arsene Wenger in disguise
nah broda. . . but i wish to take over the job wen AW retires!
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November by rasputinn(m): 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2009
Is Gallas injured? I saw the game against the Irish,he looked banging,or have they jazzed him for stopping them from making it to WOZA 2010?The injury list is disturbing

Arsenal Vs West Brom [2 - 3] On Saturday 25th September 2010 / Chelsea Sacking 7th Coach In 7yrs : What Is The Problem ? / UCL: Manchester United Vs Braga (3 - 2) On 23rd October 2012