Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) (6298 Views)

The Controversy Between Baptism And Born Again. By Fr Kelvin Ugwu / Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement / Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 9:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
0ubenji:
the initiator of a conversation is not a determinant to who whines who.
U seem to av one strange thought that God tries to impress ppl or angels or Satan at the detriment of the well-being of obedient servants in d name of love.
This is exactly the picture your ridiculous story of God's love paints.

God is not trying to impress anybody. The fact is God had to allow the whole Drama to playout on its own, inorder for Everybody to observe and learn the effects of sin.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 09, 2017
blueAgent:

Thats Nice. and whats that special gift?

Oh...it was a vehicle that I had wanted...
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by 0ubenji(m): 9:27am On Jan 09, 2017
blueAgent:

God is not trying to impress anybody. The fact is God had to allow the whole Drama to playout on its own, inorder for Everybody to observe and learn the effects of sin.
according to u..the mass murder God did(not allowed) during Noah's time, sodom nd gomorrah, plague on the Egyptians, massacre of the amalekites(to mention a few) is not enuf for God to show love, as u put it...?
That an obedient servant is now the next best tool...?
Study ur analogies well..
U said the effect of sin.. But job's case had nothing to do with sin. Yet he was afflicted, out of love.
So the next best person to use to show an example of the effects of sin is the one obedient servant without it.. Out of love stil?
Are u following closely how uncorroborating and disconnected the points in ur debate/sermon are turning out to be?

Ur first argument was LOVE being expressed by acts extreme animosity
Now u're circumventing towards LESSONS ON EFFECTS OF SIN..

1 Like

Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lady39:

Oh...it was a vehicle that I had wanted...

Thats Nice.You are based in Lagos right?
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
0ubenji:
according to u..the mass murder God did(not allowed) during Noah's time, sodom nd gomorrah, plague on the Egyptians, massacre of the amalekites(to mention a few) is not enuf for God to show love, as u put it...?
That an obedient servant is now the next best tool...?
Study ur analogies well..
U said the effect of sin.. But job's case had nothing to do with sin. Yet he was afflicted, out of love.
So the next best person to use to show an example of the effects of sin is the one obedient servant without it.. Out of love stil?
Are u following closely how uncorroborating and disconnected the points in ur debate/sermon are turning out to be?

Ur first argument was LOVE being expressed by acts extreme animosity
Now u're circumventing towards LESSONS ON EFFECTS OF SIN..

I am too small to understand God's plan and idea. infact he says in his word.
Isaiah 55:9
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my
thoughts than your thoughts.
I can only Evangelize i cannot Speak or defend God no being or Mortal Man can defend God
Only God can speak for himself.simple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2017
blueAgent:

Thats Nice.You are based in Lagos right?

Lol...no sir. I live in the U.S... (which has been my home my entire life). I have Igbo genes from my dad...and black American genes from my mom. Just became very interested in exploring my Igbo side (a few years ago). Will get to Nigeria someday soon.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by 0ubenji(m): 7:52pm On Jan 11, 2017
blueAgent:

I am too small to understand God's plan and idea.
infact he says in his word.
Isaiah 55:9
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my
thoughts than your thoughts.
I can only Evangelize i cannot Speak or defend God no being or Mortal Man can defend God
Only God can speak for himself.simple
U juz shot urself on the foot...quoted a wonderful bible verse which totally voids the impression u intended for this thread.

If you now, alas, agree on the emboldened, why did u assert in your epistle that God did really hideous things in the bible out of love.
Ain't you tryna blackmail him already?
U dnt understand his ways yet u speak so boldly of his reasons for some things recorded in the old testament?
Are u sure u're being led by the spirit bro?
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 8:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
0ubenji:
U juz shot urself on the foot...quoted a wonderful bible verse which totally voids the impression u intended for this thread.

If you now, alas, agree on the emboldened, why did u assert in your epistle that God did really hideous things in the bible out of love.
U dnt understand his ways yet u speak so boldly of his reasons for some things recorded in the old testament?

You are just baised in your argument.
Like I said before God alone can answer for himself. i cannot go back on anything i have said.
We all know the character of God and that is God is righteous,Holy,loving and cannot lie.
My article is based on God's revealed word.

You mistake God's love for weakness. God is a God of love and Justice. And Justice require that Sinners should be punished and that is what God did to the Amorites and Sodomites e.t.c
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lady39:

Lol...no sir. I live in the U.S... (which has been my home my entire life). I have Igbo genes from my dad...and black American genes from my mom. Just became very interested in exploring my Igbo side (a few years ago). Will get to Nigeria someday soon.

Cool.I thought you reside here in Nigeria.
Is nice to know that you are intrested exploring your Father's roots.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2017
0ubenji:

You are just baised in your argument.
Like I said before God alone can answer for himself. i cannot go back on anything i have said.
We all know the character of God and that is God is righteous,Holy,loving and cannot lie.
My article is based on God's revealed word.

You mistake God's love for weakness. God is a God of love and Justice. And Justice require that Sinners should be punished and that is what God did to the Amorites and Sodomites e.t.c
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2017
0ubenji:

God wouldn't waste his time with this type of
argument because he is not a respecter of
"persons". He is the creator and not the
follower. God is truth and is never on the
defensive to anybody or anything.

If you look at the Book of Job verse38. when God responded to Jobs cry and Lamentation. God did not answer Job's questions concerning his condition rather God admonished Job. that shows you that God is unquestionable.

Job 38:1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 38:2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 38:3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by 0ubenji(m): 8:11am On Jan 12, 2017
blueAgent:

God wouldn't waste his time with this type of
argument because he is not a respecter of
"persons". He is the creator and not the
follower. God is truth and is never on the
defensive to anybody or anything.

If you look at the Book of Job verse38. when God responded to Jobs cry and Lamentation. God did not answer Job's questions concerning his condition rather God admonished Job. that shows you that God is unquestionable.

Job 38:1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 38:2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 38:3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
young man, I'm not debating with God but you. I dint question God but ur sermon of ascribing plagues and massacres to God's love.
Pls don't miss Sunday school henceforth and more importantly, learn to observe James 1:26.
Shalom
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 12, 2017
blueAgent:

Cool.I thought you reside here in Nigeria.
Is nice to know that you are intrested exploring your Father's roots.

No..I'm far, far away. I guess I'm too far to be a real person! Even now getting accused of being a "robot" & putting up false pics of myself...lol.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
Lady39:

No..I'm far, far away. I guess I'm too far to be a real person! Even now getting accused of being a "robot" & putting up false pics of myself...lol.

Lol.....Maybe it is becos they rarely see U online.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
0ubenji:
young man, I'm not debating with God but you. I dint question God but ur sermon of ascribing plagues and massacres to God's love.
Pls don't miss Sunday school henceforth and more importantly, learn to observe James 1:26.
Shalom

You are contractdicting yourself. I never ascribed plagues to God's love.
God tested Job.not becos he doubted Job's faithfullness. no but to prove to all Job's faithfulness to God.

Let me ask you, if your School was going for a debate, who would you pick to represent you. is it a child you know and trust that he/she would not fail you or the one who is unrealiable?

1 Like

Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
blueAgent:

Lol.....Maybe becos they rarely see U online.

Lol...I wish that were the case..but that comment was deliberately made by someone. I come on different times of the day...I read lots of posts & comment on some. Sometimes I stay a short time..sometimes a little longer.
Sir, sometime in the day could u send up a
prayer for me? The Lord knows what it's about. Thanks so much.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 4:08pm On Jan 12, 2017
Lady39:

Lol...I wish that were the case..but that comment was deliberately made by someone. I come on different times of the day...I read lots of posts & comment on some. Sometimes I stay a short time..sometimes a little longer.
Sir, sometime in the day could u send up a
prayer for me? The Lord knows what it's about. Thanks so much.

I would. I guess it is another car? Lol......
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
blueAgent:

I would. I guess it is another car? Lol......

Lol...no sir..absolutely not. This is a character flaw that I can't get into heaven with...I need victory over this thing.
U know...that when all is said and done..it's our "character " that will allow us "in" or keep us "out" of the kingdom.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 4:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
Lady39:

Lol...no sir..absolutely not. This is a character flaw that I can't get into heaven with...I need victory over this thing.
U know...that when all is said and done..it's our "character " that will allow us "in" or keep us "out" of the kingdom.

I understand. God will grant you your Heart desire.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by 0ubenji(m): 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2017
blueAgent:

You are contractdicting yourself. I never ascribed plagues to God's love.
God tested Job.not becos he doubted Job's faithfullness. no but to prove to all Job's faithfulness to God.

Let me ask you, if your School was going for a debate, who would you pick to represent you. is it a child you know and trust that he/she would not fail you or the one who is unrealiable?
U liken a debate to a torturous experience of leprosy and almost loss of life?
U're saying now that God and devil had a contest of loyalty of servants and Job was the representative?
Ur analogies are weak plz.
I,however, recall u saying God can speak for himself..
If I'm to take ur analogy literally, So why is job involved as a Debate representative between Himself and Satan.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by 0ubenji(m): 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
blueAgent:

Yes God permitted it. but it was the Devils accusation that Job served God for material blessings and not his love for God that prompted God to ask Satan in Chapter to look at Job a Man who fears God contrary to the Devils accusation that no man can observe(serve God honestly) God's Divine laws. in totality God used Job sitution to illustrate to the Devil and all humanity what it means to love or serve God.

The Question to learn here Is , Is God only good to you only in the time of blessings or would he still remain your God in the time of Adversity?
U asked for where u ascribed afflictions to God's love..
In d same vein God used plagues to attack the Egyptians, flood the earth etc to express God's love and what it means to serve him.
I hope u don't dribble urself out of this with a weak point.

P.S: u're getting something wrong in ur idea of freewill..but I'll leave that for another day..
I'm stil enjoying my time here with u on dis interesting topic of God's love
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 10:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
0ubenji:
U asked for where u ascribed afflictions to God's love..
In d same vein God used plagues to attack the Egyptians, flood the earth etc to express God's love and what it means to serve him.
I hope u don't dribble urself out of this with a weak point.

P.S: u're getting something wrong in ur idea of freewill..but I'll leave that for another day..
I'm stil enjoying my time here with u on dis interesting topic of God's love

Stop mixing it up. the Egyptians were punished for sins.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 10:15pm On Jan 12, 2017
0ubenji:
U liken a debate to a torturous experience of leprosy and almost loss of life?
U're saying now that God and devil had a contest of loyalty of servants and Job was the representative?
Ur analogies are weak plz.
I,however, recall u saying God can speak for himself..
If I'm to take ur analogy literally, So why is job involved as a Debate representative between Himself and Satan.

It is obvious you don't read my article. secondly try for once not to be biased against God and look at issues from bigger point of view.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by 0ubenji(m): 11:47pm On Jan 12, 2017
blueAgent:
The greatest conflict to ever occur in the entire Universe is the conflict  of Good &Evil(God & Satan).everyliving that has ever existed has been a partaker in this conflict .The question is how did this conflict start,why did God allow this conflict and Human suffering,did God create Evil,what is God's plan and purpose for the Universe.We will look at this issues critically with the Bible as our guide.
   In the begining God made the Heavens(Universe) and the entire hosts of Heaven Gensis1:1.the entire Universe were governed by Divine laws of God (Law of love) which ensured perfect peace and Harmony in the entire Universe.so long as all created beings acknowledged & observed and loved God's law there was peace.it was joy and delight of the Heavenly Host to fufill the purpose of their creator they delighted in reflecting his glory and praising him.that was all God required in return for his gift of freewill to all his creations.for God took no pleasure in forced obedience/alliegance.
   Sin(breaking of God's Divine Laws) originated from One (Satan/Lucifer) who was next to Jesus in Power,Honour & glory.
Using what we call symbolism God asked Prophet Ezekiel to prophicse against Satan(King of. Tyrus)

Ezekiel  28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.  28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.  28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.  28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.  28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise thou have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.  28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.  28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
From this Bible verse we can see that Lucifer was one of the covering Cherub who stood in the presence of God,he was created perfect,beautiful and had great power and Authority. but he desired the throne of God his maker rather than exalt God he desired his own exaltation.inorder to acheive his selfish desire, Satan accused God before the angels of been selfish desiring praise from his creations why not willingly to make any sacrifice for others.
He attacked God's divine laws as been too restrictive and unattainable, he used decit & lies to challenge God's authority & Soveriegnity over the Universe pretending to be fighting for all the Host of the Heaven,but he was fighting for his selfish desire to become like God. Isaiah14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!  14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:  14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.  14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.  14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;  14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
Satan accusation against God's divine law can be also be found in Job1:6-21 and in Genesis3:1
When who told Eve you shall not die,contrary to God's command to Adam and Eve that they will die if the ate from the tree of knownledge.
Genesis  3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:  3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Satan also uses false myths like Darwnism,Evolution,bigbang and all false religeons to blind people from knowning the truth about God.even in christendom Satan's influence can be seen in wrong teachings like the worship of mary,Clergy men,sunday worship,teachings of immortality of the Soul,an Eternal Hell fire,fake prophets and pastors,fake miracles e.t.c all this are done to decieve people.he promises freedom(irony bondage) claiming that people will be free if they disregard God's laws. today most drug addicts,sex perverts,money chasers,serial killers,masturbaters and other vices can attest to the fact that they are enslaved or are in bondage to sin. Legalisation of same-sex marriage,Feminism,Socialism,communilism,multiculturalism,e.t.c are part of the Devils agenda to acheive a United world government with him as the Head in rebellion against God.
From the book of isaiah14:12 we can see that it is the Devil who weakens the Nations,he is responsible for all the calamity and suffering that has ever befallen Man,
  God could have destroyed Satan than,but it could have caused most Heavenly beings to serve God out of fear rather than love.secondly Satan accusations against God could have seemed true to other heavenly beings.
God is a god of love,Justice,& truth. Deut.32:3-4
Justice requires a defendant  to present fully his case for all to see and judge.hence God allowed Satan to continue to exist and show his true nature & motive.This rebellion in Heaven by Satan lead to war and disharmony in Heaven.
In luke10:18 & Rev12:7-9 we are told that the Devil with 1/3angels of Heaven he decieved, were cast out of Heaven to Earth.
When God made man, Satan desired to enlist Man to his side in his rebellion against God.this he successed in doing by convincing Eve &Adam to eat the from the tree of knowledge of good and bad,which God forbid them not to touch or eat.
Man lost his Dominion over the Earth Genesis1:26-28  to Satan,as a result of Man's sin.Satan became the god of this world.john14:30.Satan rulership of this world is what we see today in form of wars,Chaos,famine,corruption,genocide,earthquakes,injustice,poverty,drought,disasters,racism,tribalism,rape,incest,hurricanes,e.t.c, as we read before he weakens the Nations.

It was imperative for God to allow all this to happen inorder to unreval the true nature of Satan and to show the entire Universe what the Universe will be like,when things are done outside his divinelaws,
Psalms  19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.  19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.  19:9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
like i said before Justice requires that a defendant(Satan) will fully present his case.
Numbers 14:18   The LORD is LONGSUFFERING and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression.God only intervenes to avoid the total destruction of man under Satan's rule.God was willingly to make the greatest Sacrifice ever made,he gave his Son's life as a ransom for the fallen world.john3:6. Since divine law prescribes death for its offenders,only the death of Jesus could rescue Humanity.
God has proved to all the Universe his love & just nature,he has proved his selfless nature by giving his life for his creations.& also that his divine laws are immutable and are there for the benefit of all the inhabitants of the Universe.

In Conclusion
God has allowed all this to happen out of his loving and just nature
,so that all his creations can appreciate his gift of freewill.
God has promised to destory Satan,Sin and all the sufferings it brings.mal 4:1 & Ezeikel 28:18-19.
He has promised to do everything new.
Isaiah 65:17   For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. You can be a partaker of God's divine plan by accepting Jesus in your life today.

you fink I'm mixing things up.
this is one understandable problem with long stories, there's limited time to proof-read.
U keep saying something is in dis context only to say another thing the next minute.
I'll stil recommend James 1:26 to u..it's well
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by blueAgent(m): 6:41am On Jan 15, 2017
0ubenji:
you fink I'm mixing things up.
this is one understandable problem with long stories, there's limited time to proof-read.
U keep saying something is in dis context only to say another thing the next minute.
I'll stil recommend James 1:26 to u..it's well

it is Obvious you don't understand Bible verses.this Bible verses you quoted has nothing to do with me,becos the Bible asked us to proclaim the word of God which i did with my article .the Bible also instructs us to glorify God in our hearts & words.
1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

1 Peter 3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
This bible verse talks about one suffering for his/ her righteousness

This verse tells us that God does not will purpose to cause grief for the sake of his pleasure no. but to enhance our faith.

Lamentations 3:31 For the LORD will not cast off for ever: 3:32 But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies. 3:33 For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by orisa37: 8:37am On Jan 15, 2017
God is The Supreme Spirit, The Ultimate Power, Authority, Responsibility and Creator. of all things good and bad. God is The Supreme INSTRUCTOR, DIRECTOR AND DISCERNMENT OF THE UNIVERSE.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by orisa37: 8:50am On Jan 15, 2017
hahn:

Lol

Apparently god does not fulfill promises

Yes and No. Success and Failure; Acceptance and Refusal belong to God.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by orisa37: 9:09am On Jan 15, 2017
hahn:

Diseases, world catastrophe, hunger, poverty etc are proof of your god's failure

Not God's failure but God's Judgement on those who sin and those allowed to fail by The Authority of God. All Born Again Christians are Successes to God. God uses them for His Righteous deeds. Others He allows to PERISH at the Crossroads. Examples are Satan sent to Job and Judas ordered to do what he had to do by Jesus.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by 0ubenji(m): 9:12am On Jan 15, 2017
blueAgent:

it is Obvious you don't understand Bible verses.this Bible verses you quoted has nothing to do with me,becos the Bible asked us to proclaim the word of God which i did with my article .the Bible also instructs us to glorify God in our hearts & words.
proclaiming the word of God erroneously with irreconcilable and contradictory expressions in your statements can never be what God sent u. Juz coz u keep rendering a barrage of bible verses with ur proclamations doesn't make u Godsent or spirit filled.
blueAgent:

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear
always try to quote appropriate bible verses strictly or atleast loosely in the context of what u assert. How does this apply to ur debate of your allusion of God's permission of evil upon us to Love?
This verse u quoted is meant to defend urself against adversaries who know not Christ in u. Seein you undergo difficult situations, yet with hope.

Peter instructs us to be ready to answer the question our life should inspire: "How can you be so hopeful in such difficult circumstances?"

Peter anticipates people will become curious. Hopefulness and joy are starkly different from the normal human response to suffering. So much so that people will be eager to understand it. What will we say when they ask? We must be prepared to give our defense, to make the case for faith in Christ. We need to reject the cultural pressure to keep our beliefs to ourselves. Instead, believers should openly share the good news of redemption through faith in Christ.

This verse u rendered was grossly misapplied

blueAgent:

1 Peter 3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
This bible verse talks about one suffering for his/her righteousness
good, this applies to the Case of Job suffering for well doing as recorded in the bible. This means u've explicitly acknowledged suffering in christendom. Now, you shifted to the will of God being so, no longer, God allowing it out of love and just nature as u put earlier. I bet You'll attempt to entwine both, saying God's will is love always.
Yea, u right, this means it's his wish to do so if countless number of children and mothers suffer for nothing, worldwide. No food to eat or places to live. Some even die In their situation. Humanity(irrespective of their religion factions or belief system) do d best they can to help this ppl suffering for either well-doing or evil-doing which nobody but God knws, as far as we'd like to bliv it's his will.
But why da heck will u allude this totally to God's love and Just nature? This is pure fanatic Christianity.
U find it easy to spill these Ignorant phrases probably coz u find urself In a better standard of life compared to those undergoing the real hellish circumstances of life that u use as basis for ur faith.

blueAgent:

This verse tells us that God does not will purpose to cause grief for the sake of his pleasure no. but to enhance our faith.
enhancement can only apply to a preexisting entity. How bou someone who doesn't even knw the Christian faith, struggling to survive, children that have known suffering all their lives, ppl who wake up not knowing if they'll live thru dat day. I guess their inexplicable suffering is to enhance a faith that wasn't there in d first place?
I guess u've lived all ur life in d corners of a church. You don't read news, goto UNICEF, WHO, USAID websites and see suffering, then you'll fink well before u brag in ur thankful circumstances. There's nothing as honorable as when a christian learns to bridle their tongue whenever necessary. You must fink u're now a bible scholar to try to attempt answers to questions humanity have been waiting on God to answer Convincingly for countless centuries.
Let God be God, and do ur job of serving him in purity and truth, dont attempt to bring taint to his name with ur fanatism

Even d best of preachers do their possible best to steer off of the most controversial debate ever in christendom
The concept of Good and Evil with respect to God's will.
It'll forever be an unfinished business.
blueAgent:

Lamentations 3:31 For the LORD will not cast off for ever: 3:32 But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies. 3:33 For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.
you agree once again that God will cause grief and later av compassion due to love?
If love is what God uses to end the grief he may afflict us with out of his will. What then prompts God to cause the grief in the first place. Love too I presume as u've said in all ur opening article uh?
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by orisa37: 9:16am On Jan 15, 2017
hahn:

Really? And who created Satan with the knowledge that satan will spread diseases?

God.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by orisa37: 9:20am On Jan 15, 2017
hahn:

Lol. And what is the purpose of Christianity? Are there not more religious countries than secular ones?

What is the benefit of Christianity to Nigeria?

Stopping Buhari to infest The South with Fulani Herdsmen.
Re: The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) by hahn(m): 10:09am On Jan 15, 2017
orisa37:

Stopping Buhari to infest The South with Fulani Herdsmen.

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Real Name Of The Islamic God? / The Beautiful Things Of Easter / Oh! Pastor Chris, It Is Not Your Fault!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.