Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / . (1147 Views)

Tips And Tricks To Earn On Fiverr As A Nigerian / A Lucrative Business To Start Presently With #150,000. Get Full Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by aca77: 2:06pm On Jan 16, 2017
Re: . by BiafranBushBoy: 2:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
aca77:
I have a budget of about N100,000 for starting a blog from scratch. I need a terrific and engaging blog targeted at the Nigerian market, and with very lucrative prospects.

Can anyone advise me on how to go about this - acquiring a domain/host (free vs own - .com vs .ng), excellent blog design, marketing, potentially lucrative and highly commercial niches, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Nawa ooo... I would have advised you... but the typing is too long.

lol cheesy
Re: . by 0luwatope(m): 2:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
Are you fvcking kidding me? thats awesome dude... ok what do you want to blog about?
Re: . by yesloaded: 2:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
aca77:
I have a budget of about N100,000 for starting a blog from scratch. I need a terrific and engaging blog targeted at the Nigerian market, and with very lucrative prospects.

Can anyone advise me on how to go about this - acquiring a domain/host (free vs own - .com vs .ng), excellent blog design, marketing, potentially lucrative and highly commercial niches, etc.

Thanks in advance.
100k is too much, with 30k you can setup a perfect blog with .com domain + enough hosting space.
blog can be wordpress/blogger depending on your choice.
The 30k will get you beautiful design blog + .com domain + hosting space + many pages.
The niche depends on your choice but some niche dont worth it e.g celebrity gist, politics etc
If you have more question on how to setup the blog, dont hesitate to pm me or ask here.
Re: . by aca77: 2:49pm On Jan 16, 2017
Re: . by aca77: 2:53pm On Jan 16, 2017
yesloaded:

100k is too much, with 30k you can setup a perfect blog with .com domain + enough hosting space.
blog can be wordpress/blogger depending on your choice.
The 30k will get you beautiful design blog + .com domain + hosting space + many pages.
The niche depends on your choice but some niche dont worth it e.g celebrity gist, politics etc
If you have more question on how to setup the blog, dont hesitate to pm me or ask here.

Sounds great, thanks a lot. Can you give me any ideas on how to go about this? Who would you recommend me to hire to build this kind of excellent blog you're talking about? Which platform offers opportunities for greater monetisation/regular income - wordpress or blogger?

I'm not interested in the now bastardised celebrity gist/entertainment/hard politics news niches. I prefer a more commercial, targeted, and easily monetisable niche with room for crafting a business model that facilitates passive/residual income.

Any ideas? Would be really grateful, and might even offer you a token as consultancy fee if it all goes well.
Re: . by 0luwatope(m): 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
aca77:

I'm thinking of a product/service review or brand impressions blog, or an educational /school spotlights blog.. These are just ideas that have been lingering in my head for a while, but I'm open to any other suggestion.

Any advice/ideas?
Products, services, brands review... thats awesome. i can help you create a wordpress blog for that. you will need to call 08104422662 or text. please note that earning from your blog is not as immediate as you think and you will handle the advertising yourself, don't worry i will guide you. i am a web designer and android app developer so leave the job for me. if you have any web developer you want to work with you can also contact him but i'll be around to guide u sir or bro. mj.
Re: . by yesloaded: 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2017
aca77:

Sounds great, thanks a lot. Can you give me any ideas on how to go about this? Who would you recommend me to hire to build this kind of excellent blog you're talking about? Which platform offers opportunities for greater monetisation/regular income - wordpress or blogger?

I'm not interested in the now bastardised celebrity gist/entertainment/hard politics news niches. I prefer a more commercial, targeted, and easily monetisable niche with room for crafting a business model that facilitates passive/residual income.

Any ideas? Would be really grateful, and might even offer you a token as consultancy fee if it all goes well.
I am a web developer & will give you a perfect looking blog.
I will suggest that you go for wordpress blog because it meets your requirements.
I will give you a perfect wordpress blog that comes with everything that you need in a blog at 30k. I can as well give you some hint on how to run the blog at no extra charges. I sent u pm
Re: . by aca77: 3:52pm On Jan 16, 2017
Thanks guys, I'll check and be in touch ASAP. But meanwhile, is there a compelling reason why you guys prefer wordpress to blogger? Any comparative benefits, especially in terms of monetisation/income?

I'll also need to know my best options for marketing/advertising the blog when it's up, as perhaps majority of my budget would go to advertising.
Re: . by aca77: 8:23pm On Jan 16, 2017
yesloaded:

I am a web developer & will give you a perfect looking blog.
I will suggest that you go for wordpress blog because it meets your requirements.
I will give you a perfect wordpress blog that comes with everything that you need in a blog at 30k. I can as well give you some hint on how to run the blog at no extra charges. I sent u pm

I replied your email.
Re: . by Neduzze5(m): 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
aca77:
Thanks guys, I'll check and be in touch ASAP. But meanwhile, is there a compelling reason why you guys prefer wordpress to blogger? Any comparative benefits, especially in terms of monetisation/income?

I'll also need to know my best options for marketing/advertising the blog when it's up, as perhaps majority of my budget would go to advertising.

It's cool that you wish to start a blog. A blog, when started successfully, and with that initial capital, can make earnings come easy for you. However, you need to decide on a niche, or series of niche to go into.

You will also need to employ the services of a professional content writer as without content, your blog is as good as dead. Why? Because to Google, your blog is sleeping, thus making it unable to push your site into search engines.

If you need a content writer, my email is in my signature. Goodluck bro.

Also, use hostgator for hosting your site. From my research, hostgator is viewed to be the best.
Re: . by yesloaded: 11:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
aca77:

I replied your email.
have sent you whatsapp number, check your mailbox
Re: . by leksmedia: 5:32am On Jan 17, 2017
Hi

Welcome to the blogging world. To get started you have to choose a good niche, a niche that you can never be tired of writing about even if you are not making a dime, a lot of passion is needed, once you are done choosing the niche, come up with a name simple and easy to remember if possible something that defines your niche area, consult a website consultant/designer (note I didn't use designer) lol a website consultant understands both the technical and the business angle of a website design and he can help build a robust system that will not only be world class standard, it will be SEO compliance and you will be guided on how to get your website to rank high on search engines. Plus your website will be Integrated with everything you need to make your blogging life easy, Eg automation of posts on social media pages, social media integration for easy sharing, etc
Please contact Leksmedia concept on www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370 you
Can also visit www.leksmediaconcept.com/portfolio.html for our past projects .
aca77:

Thanks in advance.
Re: . by Favourkings: 12:36pm On Jan 17, 2017
HI EVERYONE

We Have Fully Approved Nigerian Google Adsense Accounts For anyone Trying To Buy Nigerian Adsense.
..Take care Fams..

(1) (Reply)

How An ATM Seized My Card And The Annoying Thing I Was Told / Every 8 To 5 Workers Should Do This For Their Financial Security / Contact Us For Your CAC And FIRS Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.