Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / . (989 Views)

Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter / Please Help Is This Scam Or Not / NNPC Replacement Job Vacancy! Scam Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Larrylarex(m): 11:25am On Feb 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: . by Princecharming01(m): 1:17pm On Feb 15, 2017
Your story is quite inspiring. Please I am interested in the business. please can you put me through. I will be very glad. contact me at 2moroisaac@gmail.com thanks
Re: . by effty(m): 2:33pm On Feb 15, 2017
I am very much interested brother. My email is okwong2 @yahoo.com
Re: . by frisby: 11:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
Can't walk by a possible business opportunity.
Email is macdestiny@yahoo.com
Re: . by victorlekan(m): 7:09am On Feb 16, 2017
please teach me,i am interested.victorlekan2@gmail.com
Re: . by Larrylarex(m): 7:35am On Feb 16, 2017
Y'all should kindly check your mail for more information
Re: . by captainking(m): 8:32am On Feb 16, 2017
Larrylarex:
Very early last year, I got a job invite from Topworld ventures Nig. Ltd. I came online to see if they are legit or not. Well, I made my researches and couldn't see any tangible review from people who had ACTUALLY worked with them. The only remotely MEANINGFUL thing I could see about them was this thread from 2010: https://www.nairaland.com/539741/topworld-ventures
Since they've been around for that long, I decided to go to their office and see things first hand. When I got there, I spoke with their director Mr Alex Odijie (there are many branches of topworld nationwide but Alex is the Director/CEO and he's the one in charge of the head office in sango otta, ogun state.)
I went there on Monday January 18, 2016. The Director told me that the training will last for 6 weeks, and it would involve rigorous field marketing, salaries are not paid but there would be commission on each sale (a measly #100) and a bonus of extra #1000 on 10 sales and #1500 on 12-15 sales per day. He said he just promoted some people out of field on 18th December 2015 and those promoted no longer go on field marketing as they are now assistant managers in different branches nationwide including the head office (there are four of them in the head office that I see on a daily basis and I use to see the rest of them every Monday when they come to consign products from the head office to their respective branches.
He also told me of how he was also on field for 1 years 2 month under the white man that founded the company then. He told me of how profitable it was going by the fact that he now has a big hotel and several houses (I've been to the hotel and to b honest It's really nice) and how he has trained many people who are now even greater than him including the CEO of brightworld on top makers of bryte tablets, blenders iron etc. So there's Great prospect in the business.
He said after the promotion I'll b an assistant manager and the next promotion after that, a manager owner Which means from part of the money I make as assistant manager and his own financial assistance, I'll get a flat I'll b using for my office and he'll be supplying me products like he's supplying the other manager owners that I'm seeing.
Of course, I was convinced and given my entrepreneural drive, I thought it would be a platform for me to achieve other dreams so I worked for him religiously for the six weeks but before then I've been made to understand that those assistant managers were not promoted in six weeks o that some worked for 4, 5 months before promotion. Even at that I was undettered, I said nothing good come easy so I have to persevere.
After 4 months however, no talk of promotion in the head office, although some of his managers are promoting staffs out of field in ilorin, ogbomoso, akure, ijagbo etc but none in the head office, it is important to know that as a manager owner, you're FREE to do what you like in your office to maximize profit, that's Why some people promised lump sum at the end of training etc just to attract workers.
By June, this man is saying we should look for more people and Once we're 30 as against 50 he said earlier. he'll pick promotion date. Please note that around March we're like 35 but he insisted he can't pick a date if we're less than 50, so some people who can't wait stopped working for him and our number reduced to like 25 by June. Then he said Once we're 30 he'll pick promotion date. As people are coming in people are leaving so, the number couldn't increase.
Now, I've gone from a Merchandiser to a trainee manager that trains people the art of field marketing and shortly afterwards, top trainer and very soon, Top trainer leader 1 Which is the highest position you can attain while on field so if he's going to promote just one person, then I'll be the one so I have access to his office very well and I used to discuss with him. In fact, when we're 27, I told him to pick the promotion date that when the date is known people will be assured they will be promoted so, we'll even surpass that 30 before promotion. He said NEVER! That it can never happen that way, 30 or no deal.
Now this man is one badass motivational speaker and mindset engineer, he has a way of convincing you that this is the best opportunity and you can not go anywhere. And No, he's not using jazz he's just good at making you believe his company is the best.
By August 2016, I was tired, I am beginning to see see through his gimmicks, I was thin and frail from excessive wandering and talking from morning till night, my clothes are fading, I have no time for anybody than this job that's not even paying enough for feeding and transport. My goal for the year seems unachievable anymore, cos I have a simple goal for 2016: Make one million before the year runs out.
But I'm not sure I can again because I can't even save anything, everything is gone on food and transport. So I was weak and fed up and it affected my performance. So I decided to quit not minding the amount of time I've wasted. I'm a graduate, so I said even if I'm teaching maths and further maths, I'll b seeing something, so my mind was made up. In the second week of August, I was browsing nairaland (thanks to airtel free browsing cos I can't afford to subscribe again, I only do whatsapp subscription and airtel FREE Facebook and nairaland Lol ) As I was browsing I saw a thread that talks about people having problems with importation so, I entered because I've done importation when I was serving but I'm having marketing issue, so I thought it could b solved on the thread and I'll source for fund to start it again, but there was a guy on the thread who gave his number and said he'll particularly help anyone interested for FREE on how to make money online and I joined because I keep looking for opportunities, so when I spoke with the guy, I trusted him and decided to start though I'll need like 70k to start , I decided I'll borrow and start. So I left Topworld to the amazement of Alex Odijie and other staffs. A few days after that, seeing that their leader and motivator has backed out, 90% of the staffs also left.
The reason I made this review is that many people has been talking me that they joined because of my posts on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/539741/topworld-ventures
Please join if you wanted to but I'm not the one that recommended it for you. And those from the north that has Also been asking me about brightworld, please I never worked with them but since It's a faction of topworld, their modus operandi is likely the same so from this review, if you want to join other branches apart from the head office, It's left to you. OYO things.
A copy of this post will also be posted on the old thread.
Lalasticlala, please let more people know about this and save them from POSSIBLE scam.

PS: He hasn't picked the promotion date till today, though he has reduced the number to 25 when turn total number of staff is around 15.

PSS: That business I started with #70k actually made me #1,067,000 by december 2016! Can somebody say Hallelujah?! By the way, I can teach u for FREE if you like.

Thank y'all. God bless.
OK. . Am interested.. Here is my email.. Kingsleysbeenjaded@gmail.com...number
.08140077394.. Thanks..
Re: . by kwaraguy(m): 9:06am On Feb 16, 2017
Interested sir, kwaraguy@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Graduate DSA Recruitment In A Leading Commercial Bank In Nigeria / Online Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Begins April 5th / Fidelity Bank Non-core Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.