Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

C - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / C (1878 Views)

Paylater Data Science Internship 2019 / Plea For Permanent Status For Npower Beneficiaries / Medical Laboratory Science Graduate Urgently Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C by leonard002(m): 8:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
Thanks

1 Like

Re: C by nelszx: 11:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
leonard002:
Hello, fellow Nairalanders, my name is Leonard, and I'm a Medical Laboratory Scientist. I graduated in 2013, from University of Nigeria, and since then I've been going to different hospitals looking for a place to do my internship.

In total, I've been to 14 different hospitals, all to no avail. I'm not a lazy or a non-intelligent graduate. I graduated with a Second Class Honours result, Upper Division, and I'm among the top performers in my class. As a matter of fact, during exams, I frequently conducted several tutorial sessions for lots of my classmates, most of which are through with their internship programs. I really burned the midnight oil when I was in school to ensure that I graduate with a good result.

I really don't know what to do at the moment. I'm confused and dejected. I've waited and waited, I've tried my best. I even left the internship hustle for a year and applied for NYSC. Now, I'm through with service, and I'm still here. Right now, I'm stuck. I can't move forward in anything.
This is really frustrating.

Perhaps it's because I don't have anybody, or because I didn't bribe anyone.

I want to call on anyone reading this, who perhaps has access to any of the teaching hospitals or federal medical centers or any other approved internship center, who can help me to get a placement to please come to my aid. I don't know anyone, but I hope any good willed Nairalander who knows someone can help me out.

Thanks. I'm counting on you guys.

My email address is leonard.chinweuba@gmail.com and my phone number/WhatsApp contact is 08035126774.

I would be eternally grateful if moderators could move my topic to the front page.

My brother, internship isn't easy and these days no more merit coupled with the fact that some don't want to stop doing internship as they have gone on 2nd , 3rd and 4th missionary journey.

But the basic truth about internship is just keep applying (apply more at less fancied states like North central states). Hospital in the south and west are usually congested and there are very high chances of nepotism.
Me I applied at 10 different centers (around September 2013) and before Jun ending 2014 I got 3 which I picked FMC Owerri.

Bros in all 3 I no even sabi the gateman but I knew what I wanted. Just prepare well for both normal and technical questions. If you are among the best 5 they might consider you. In FMC Yenogoa, though I was second best but I wasn't considered cos I wasn't an indigen.

Try FMC Lokoja (Kogi), Minna (Niger), JUTH and FMC Damaturu with the fancied states of your choice. I know Military and Navy hospital in Lagos takes people on merit. If you don't mind trying in a private facility I'd suggest you try Eko hospital and Madonna University Teaching Hospital (though not usually announced and the pay isn't like those in Federal centers)

Good luck on your search and God will grant you favour soon. Search for "prospective medical interns" on Facebook and follow them on updates about internship placements.

1 Like

Re: C by leonard002(m): 11:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
Wow. Thanks

1 Like

Re: C by nelszx: 12:00am On Feb 20, 2017
leonard002:
Wow. Thanks
Just be positive, set ultimatum for yourself and work hard towards achieving it at your said time.
I'm very sure you will get it.......It can only be delayed

1 Like

Re: C by Slickbishop(m): 8:35am On Feb 20, 2017
Google bioresources development group and apply for intern positions, they have started calling People for interviews next week, but u can still try as your discipline is closest to the right candidature

1 Like

Re: C by leonard002(m): 9:04am On Feb 20, 2017
Slickbishop:
Google bioresources development group and apply for intern positions, they have started calling People for interviews next week, but u can still try as your discipline is closest to the right candidature
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: C by ebomat: 7:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
CALL 08072751837........YOU.MAY BE LUCKY.....

(1) (Reply)

Apply For MTN Venture Incubation Programme (VIP) 2018 / Eunisell Limited Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Bountypraise Steel Construction Ltd Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs (4 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.