Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

My Timing Belt Just snapped On Motion - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Timing Belt Just snapped On Motion (1284 Views)

Highlander 2005/2006 And Timing Belt / 1.3 Million Ford F-150 Recalled Due To Doors That May Open On Motion / 8 Signs Your Timing Belt Needs To Be Replaced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Timing Belt Just snapped On Motion by Emekayoung(m): 5:16am On Mar 15, 2017
Gud morning house. I drive a 2001 model honda accord,and on my way coming back from work d timing belt snapped. Pls wat are the issues i am to expect from dis timing belt failure?
Re: My Timing Belt Just snapped On Motion by lonelydora: 5:26am On Mar 15, 2017
You may have broken/bent one or more valves.
Re: My Timing Belt Just snapped On Motion by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:26am On Mar 15, 2017
Emekayoung:
Gud morning house. I drive a 2001 model honda accord,and on my way coming back from work d timing belt snapped. Pls wat are the issues i am to expect from dis timing belt failure?

in very rear cases, nothing will happen grin

Install new belt and give it a shot.

If e no start, prepare for the following.

The head cylinder will be brought down, you will replace a couple of valves, head gasket and other minor parts that might be worn out like cam/crank shaft seals.
Re: My Timing Belt Just snapped On Motion by Emekayoung(m): 6:50am On Mar 15, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

in very rear cases, nothing will happen grin

Install new belt and give it a shot.

If e no start, prepare for the following.

The head cylinder will be brought down, you will replace a couple of valves, head gasket and other minor parts that might be worn out like cam/crank shaft seals.
Now u are getting me scared...
Re: My Timing Belt Just snapped On Motion by Mojibola(m): 11:24am On Mar 15, 2017
Emekayoung:
Nothing scary there really.
Re: My Timing Belt Just snapped On Motion by Emekayoung(m): 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
Thanks to God and everybody who commented positively to this thread. The timing belt replacement was done successfully by a pro. Just that d pulley gave us nightmare while trying to loosen it. We had to tow the car from where it was to a panel beater's workshop b4 we could loosen the pulley. Though am happy cos all d stress is over and nothing happened to my head gasket.
Re: My Timing Belt Just snapped On Motion by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
Emekayoung:
Thanks to God and everybody who commented positively to this thread. The timing belt replacement was done successfully by a pro. Just that d pulley gave us nightmare while trying to loosen it. We had to tow the car from where it was to a panel beater's workshop b4 we could loosen the pulley. Though am happy cos all d stress is over and nothing happened to my head gasket valves.

the lucky 1percent wink
Re: My Timing Belt Just snapped On Motion by Emekayoung(m): 8:29pm On Mar 15, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

the lucky 1percent wink
Wetin dat one come mean? I go change am now o... angry angry
Re: My Timing Belt Just snapped On Motion by aAK1(m): 8:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nightmare of every Peugeot owner.
Re: My Timing Belt Just snapped On Motion by kakameks: 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
aAK1:
Nightmare of every Peugeot owner.

I dey tell you. My experience with 406 is something I prefer to forget completely.

The car was a beast to drive but the problem they occur is something else
Re: My Timing Belt Just snapped On Motion by adanny01(m): 11:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
Emekayoung:

Your wish to have been among the lucky ones should have been made long ago.

Only rule to be among the lucky ones is to never make an attempt to kick start after the belt has cut.

Most people at first do not know what has happrned so they make attempts to start which causes the secondary problem.

Surprisingly, my mum was among the lucky ones one time. The only reason was that she had no idea what happened and being close to home, she just abandoned the car and trekked home to call me.
Re: My Timing Belt Just snapped On Motion by aAK1(m): 11:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
kakameks:

I dey tell you. My experience with 406 is something I prefer to forget completely.

The car was a beast to drive but the problem they occur is something else
I make sure I change my belt at most every 8 months

(1) (Reply)

Koenigsegg Agera RS Becomes Top-speed Champ At 277.9 Mph / I Seek Knowledge On Parking / How To Renew Your Driving License With Least Time And Money???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.