Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

j - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / j (1128 Views)

How To Apply To The J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor / Foreign Students Can Now Work In UK After Graduation – Prime Minister, Boris J.. / J (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

j by pendragon35(m): 12:36pm On Mar 28, 2017
hi
Re: j by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
pendragon35:
Good day good pple of Nairaland.pls don't know if this is the best decision for my career.I am still an undergraduate of one the Nigerian Universities;Thus my uncle informed me recently asking if I can accept to quit my education here in Nigeria and continue it there in Italy,and currently am in 300lvl .But the issue is whether to quit or to continue,but as it stands am biased but my siblings are in support of me to quit for a greener pasture over there,perhaps my parents seems to not support such idea hence asking me to finish up here first.To me my programme is 5yrs(long) duration and this is just an opportunity in disguise.Although i considered mny factors vis-a-vis financial status of the family nd d country as well b4 heeding to such decision.pls Ur candid opinions will be of utmost help to my future.Hoping for the best undisputed suggestions from matured folks.tnx all

As you have decided to place your future in the hands of strangers on nairaland, let me help you with an answer, oya go to Italy, go and hustle and leave Nigeria for us.
Re: j by pendragon35(m): 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

As you have decided to place your future in the hands of strangers on nairaland, let me help you with an answer, oya go to Italy, go and hustle and leave Nigeria for us.
But i jst asked for an opinion why such harsh comment.
Re: j by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
pendragon35:
But i jst asked for an opinion why such harsh comment.

Opinion on leaving school while you are in your third year (almost through) to go and hustle as an illegal immigrants abroad?

I wasn't harsh, I gave you the best response for your question.

2 Likes

Re: j by ifyalways(f): 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
Finish your first degree here before you go. If your Uncles money is biting him to spend, he should pick another of your siblings or cousins that is through with first degree.

1 Like

Re: j by pendragon35(m): 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
ifyalways:
Finish your first degree here before you go. If your Uncles money is biting him to spend, he should pick another of your siblings or cousins that is through with first degree.
Nice dearie
Re: j by pendragon35(m): 1:32pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

Opinion on leaving school while you are in your third year (almost through) to go and hustle as an illegal immigrants abroad?

I wasn't harsh, I gave you the best response for your question.
Nt really yhu could stated some fascinating reasons,but tnx tho!
Re: j by otitokoroleti: 2:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
pendragon35:
Nt really yhu could stated some fascinating reasons,but tnx tho!
anybody that ask you to quit halfway is your biggest enemy! complete ur first degree then jet out!
Re: j by Collins4u1(m): 7:24pm On Mar 28, 2017
I think there's a way to stall ur education in a uni, kinda pausing and resuming at a latter time... Go make inquiries.
Re: j by pansophist(m): 10:26pm On Mar 28, 2017
I will not advise you on quitting or finishing your program, but I will ponder on the motivation behind your contemplation.

The grass always looks green at the other side but in reality, it may not be as envisioned. I have been to Italy many times. From my observations and the present Italian economic climate, it is not advisable to migrate there at this moment. Furthermore, How do you plan to sort out your residency?

Your residency is the single yet, most important thing that will determine how far you will progress and how easy your life will be. As far as I have known, there is virtually no method the average Nigerian will sort out their non-temporary residency unless they have family members who are Italian citizens.

Basic things like accommodation, getting a job, opening a bank account, seeing the doctor, benefit entitlements etc will be impossible to obtain without residency, and even if you get a 'under-the-table-job', you are at the mercy of your employer who fully knows that there is no law that protects you as an illegal immigrant, and will likely exploit and treat you as he wishes, and you won't be able to legally do anything about it.

I hope you make the right decision.

2 Likes

Re: j by ABEngine(m): 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
Simple advise, No!

Before you consider me an enemy of progress, read and understand the thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/3390736/must-read-what-he-goes#49952444

How well can you answer these questions?

1. Have your uncle obtained a degree at bachelors level from any Italian institution? I strongly doubt.

2. Has he obtained a permanent residents stay?

3. Is he gainfully employed with established institutions?

4. Or has he antecedents of deceit?

Now don't claim your circumstances are different from that of the reference above, even if they appear so, be rest assured you will run into troubles sooner than you thought if you fail to plan.

There are tons of reasons not to abandon your undergraduate studies having advanced thus far. Just sit back a while to consider the following

1. The language complex

Most Italian universities only offer relevant courses in Italian, the spoken language until recently there were little offers to study in English at an undergraduate level.

2. Notoriority accorded to Nigerians

This is no news to you by now. Do you want to associate with people of questionable characters and recruited to engage in illicit activities? It is a common trend here.

3. A comprehensive plan for your relocation

Be sure you have obtained necessary information about your eligibilty into the promised Italian school, means of livelihood, medical insurance, a secure long term accomodation and an integration road map.

4. Time

Most importantly time!

I will advice you to complete your degree programme before considering any such moves and act only when you are satisfied with the responses to the questions above.

Brother, from me to you, miracles don't happen in this part of the world, disregard whatever you uave seen on social media except you are prepared for a life of crime.

1 Like

Re: j by pendragon35(m): 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
ABEngine:
Simple advise, No!

Before you consider me an enemy of progress, read and understand the thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/3390736/must-read-what-he-goes#49952444

How well can you answer these questions?

1. Have your uncle obtained a degree at bachelors level from any Italian institution? I strongly doubt.

2. Has he obtained a permanent residents stay?

3. Is he gainfully employed with established institutions?

4. Or has he antecedents of deceit?

Now don't claim your circumstances are different from that of the reference above, even if they appear so, be rest assured you will run into troubles sooner than you thought if you fail to plan.

There are tons of reasons not to abandon your undergraduate studies having advanced thus far. Just sit back a while to consider the following

1. The language complex

Most Italian universities only offer relevant courses in Italian, the spoken language until recently there were little offers to study in English at an undergraduate level.

2. Notoriority accorded to Nigerians

This is no news to you by now. Do you want to associate with people of questionable characters and recruited to engage in illicit activities? It is a common trend here.

3. A comprehensive plan for your relocation

Be sure you have obtained necessary information about your eligibilty into the promised Italian school, means of livelihood, medical insurance, a secure long term accomodation and an integration road map.

4. Time

Most importantly time!

I will advice you to complete your degree programme before considering any such moves and act only when you are satisfied with the responses to the questions above.

Brother, from me to you, miracles don't happen in this part of the world, disregard whatever you uave seen on social media except you are prepared for a life of crime.

O bro,may God bless yhu in countless ways,yhu have really broaden my horizon with this powerful words of yours.Tnx boss.
Re: j by pendragon35(m): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
pansophist:
I will not advise you on quitting or finishing your program, but I will ponder on the motivation behind your contemplation.

The grass always looks green at the other side but in reality, it may not be as envisioned. I have been to Italy many times. From my observations and the present Italian economic climate, it is not advisable to migrate there at this moment. Furthermore, How do you plan to sort out your residency?

Your residency is the single yet, most important thing that will determine how far you will progress and how easy your life will be. As far as I have known, there is virtually no method the average Nigerian will sort out their non-temporary residency unless they have family members who are Italian citizens.

Basic things like accommodation, getting a job, opening a bank account, seeing the doctor, benefit entitlements etc will be impossible to obtain without residency, and even if you get a 'under-the-table-job', you are at the mercy of your employer who fully knows that there is no law that protects you as an illegal immigrant, and will likely exploit and treat you as he wishes, and you won't be able to legally do anything about it.

I hope you make the right decision.
Tnx in tons,any my ignorant friends has been confusing me,but deep down in me my conscience doesn't accept it
Re: j by japhethGold: 8:47am On Mar 30, 2017
My dear, make your you finish your school firstooooooooooooooooo. Your hustling will be better, bigger and faster if you have a degree.
Re: j by Ugosample(m): 11:18am On Mar 30, 2017
You better finish up your school, then use the transcripts to further your education anywhere in the world

Leaving halfway means you have wasted the time you spent in the school, and if God forbid, things don't go according to plan, you still have your B.Sc and you can further at a later time
Re: j by pendragon35(m): 8:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ugosample:
You better finish up your school, then use the transcripts to further your education anywhere in the world

Leaving halfway means you have wasted the time you spent in the school, and if God forbid, things don't go according to plan, you still have your B.Sc and you can further at a later time
nice bro

(1) (Reply)

World Geography: 9 Largest Countries Without Mountain / Roads That Passes Through Buildings (photos) / Is It Safe In Cyprus As A Foreigner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.