Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? (23499 Views)

Do Not Let Guilt Rob You. Joy Is Not An Emotion. It Is A Choice. / Frank Edwards Was Live At RCCG Let's Go A Fishing / The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by Sibe007(m): 12:12am On Apr 22, 2017
Nigeria: Just recently I was handed a flyer, a church was planning to establish another branch to add to the already many existing ones in that area.

They tagged the campaign, Lets-go-a-fishing

I personally feel, it is enough. Especially where you already have branches saturated and considering that making more Religious centers wouldnt solve our enormous problems that need clear cut practical solutions.

Please when will they start the campaign for

Lets-start-factories

Lets-create-jobs

People need JOBS...

If they are unemployed, they would not have enough to give (offerings and the Mandatory one), If people are unemployed, you will all suffer from area boys and road side robbers harrassing your members.

How is your Spiritual Practice (Religious activities) making the community and society better.

After all your singing, dancing, praying, preaching.....

How is it making any difference. What problems are those activities solving.

Do you like the way Nigeria is? Is this really okay?

Are you using all these to shy away from certain responsibilities?

Newton's first law of motion - Nothing will change until you act and things will remain the same until a force makes it do otherwise.

163 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by Tazdroid(m): 12:15am On Apr 22, 2017

9 Likes

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by openmine(m): 4:29am On Apr 22, 2017
true

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by goldbearer: 5:56am On Apr 22, 2017
Hmmm fantastic. I have always asked the same questions most big churches have universities graduates from the schools not gainfully employed is it that the committee's on development are under recession by devil that they can't think about let's go a farm program or let's invest to divest for Christ rather what we see today is a mockery of Christ big auditoriums on several kilometres ,why members cry on govt failure . wake up ppl of God.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 22, 2017
Excellent piece. How wonderful it will be if we can channel the funds used on all these religious activities onto something meaningful.
I mean this life is only what we can prove. Let's cut back on uncertainties.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by otemanuduno: 10:56am On Apr 22, 2017
-Yes! Let's go a-doing
-Let's go a-performing!
-Let's go a- achieving!
-Then we shall be a great nation.

Let's go a-researching
Let's go a-thinking
Let's go a-helping
Then we shall become the winners

-Let's go a-refusing
To be many a-sheep
Let's go a-trying
Then we shall be the strongest.

Cc:KingEbukasBlog, Hahn, HopefulLandlord, Wilgrea7, Realmindz

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by hahn(m): 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
Please, you guys should stop disturbing the businesses of pastorpreneurs

When they mean "let's", they mean themselves and "fishing" in this case means milking gullible adults via tithe and offering

If you are jealous please go and open your own church

Lying, deceiving and exploiting millions of gullible people is hard work

tongue

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by Vince77(m): 6:10am On Apr 23, 2017
This is why I like atheists. Always thinking properly.

I wish I have a friend who is an atheist.

22 Likes

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by Sibe007(m): 7:16am On Apr 24, 2017
goldbearer:
Hmmm fantastic. I have always asked the same questions most big churches have universities graduates from the schools not gainfully employed is it that the committee's on development are under recession by devil that they can't think about let's go a farm program or let's invest to divest for Christ rather what we see today is a mockery of Christ big auditoriums on several kilometres ,why members cry on govt failure . wake up ppl of God.

Imagine the cost of maintaining a Private Jet. Servicing and parking charges. In this economy where people are jumping off lagoons.

And I am sure if Jesus was here he would have instructed these Church leaders to go sell all those things and give to the poor. But I doubt if they would like that JEsus.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by Joagbaje(m): 9:05am On Apr 25, 2017
Sibe007:
Nigeria: Just recently I was handed a flyer, a church was planning to establish another branch to add to the already many existing ones in that area.

I personally feel, it is enough. Especially where you already have branches saturated and considering that making more Religious centers wouldnt solve our enormous problems that need clear cut practical solutions.

Lets-start-factories

Lets-create-jobs

People need JOBS...

If they are unemployed, they would not have enough to give (offerings and the Mandatory one), If people are unemployed, you will all suffer from area boys and road side robbers harrassing your members.

How is your Spiritual Practice (Religious activities) making the community and society better.

Newton's first law of motion - Nothing will change until you act and things will remain the same until a force makes it do otherwise.

Everything has its place . Population is on increase . Churches must be planted . That doesn't stop any problem you want to solve.

22 Likes

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by Sibe007(m): 5:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
Joagbaje:

Everything has its place . Population is on increase . Churches must be planted . That doesn't stop any problem you want to solve.

Must be planted?

What problems does churches solve in Nigeria seeing the amount of time and resources Nigerians expend.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by petra1(m): 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
Sibe007:

Must be planted?

What problems does churches solve in Nigeria seeing the amount of time and resources Nigerians expend.

The church has solved countless problems . People delivered from drug abuse,alchoholism , robbery, witchcraft, etc etc and above all salvation from hell

23 Likes

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by HCpaul(m): 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
petra1:

The church has solved countless problems . People delivered from drug abuse,alchoholism , robbery, witchcraft, etc etc and above all salvation from hell

But we are talking about real world problems.

The above are either addiction or habitual acts and can only be stopped by discipline and by not indulging in them.

There is more to life than just doing good or bad.
Doing good is just to create a better society or environment that will harbor peaceful living.

Though am not justifying robbery but I think that its rise is as a result of societal factors.

People don't have job.... Won't they eat Especially when they have responsibilities like tithes and offering to meet up with in church on Sunday.

Just imagine if the number of mega churches and mosques we have in this country are all factories, industries, companies and big organizations, you wouldn't even bother to disturb God again every Sunday with repetitive demands and petitions.

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by Sibe007(m): 2:12am On Apr 29, 2017
HCpaul:

But we are talking about real world problems.

The above are either addiction or habitual acts and can only be stopped by discipline and by not indulging in them.

There is more to life than just doing good or bad.
Doing good is just to create a better society or environment that will harbor peaceful living.

Though am not justifying robbery but I think that its rise is as a result of societal factors.

People don't have job.... Won't they eat Especially when they have responsibilities like tithes and offering to meet up with in church on Sunday.

Just imagine if the number of mega churches and mosques we have in this country are all factories, industries, companies and big organizations, you wouldn't even bother to disturb God again every Sunday with repetitive demands and petitions.

Well said.

Pastors and the Churches are relevant partly because Government has failed to live up to their responsibilities....

So basic amenities and simple things of life will continue to find reason to be prayer points in this part of the World

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by teebaxy(m): 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
Africans with over Sabi... We do everything in excess... Religion over do, western education over do...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by Afam4eva(m): 10:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
That's RCCG slogan which they employed when they started expanding throughout Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by RisingUp: 10:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ok
Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
Dude have a solid point up there fam.

14 Likes

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by 2016v2017: 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
I weep.............

Where are Christian APC leaders?

"Where are the Christians who sold the Church? The Islamic agenda is being perfected. Prof Ishaq Oloyede, a prominent Islamic fanatic who said he was not aware Christians are being attacked and killed is now to head JAMB replacing Prof Ojerinde, a Baptist.
Four Muslims were not replaced, but left to continue. Out of the 17 offices, 9 new replacement are Muslims and 4 retained are Muslims. 13 out of 17 are now Muslims. NUC, Muslim, JAMB, Muslim; TETFUND , Muslim.
Where are those Christian leaders who sold the Church for a plate of porridge?
Where are those telling us Prof Yemi Osinbajo would stand for the Church being a Pastor?
Do they involve him in all these lopsided appointments in favour of the North and Muslims or not? Do we have Christians among the APC leaders? Does Odigie-Oyegun, the chairman of the ruling party belong to the Catholic church?
The fact that Buhari released these appointments the same day, the PUNCH Newspaper published an Editorial titled"Buhari's parochial appointments", a paper that endorsed his candidacy is a dirty slap on the nation.
To say the least, it is a corruption with immunity. Many are afraid and being intimidated by the security operatives. Have we become second class citizens in our own country?"
MY TAKE:
Sadly the answer to the question is "YES", Christians are now second class citizens in Nigeria. We warned our people but they wouldn't listen.
Nigerians said they wanted "change" and now they must live with it. Every Christian that supported President Buhari and the APC, including some of the most prominent Church leaders, should bow their heads in shame.
As long as this evil continues we will not remain silent and neither shall we be intimidated. No matter how hard they try Nigeria will NEVER be Islamised and neither will our faith be rubbished.
Rather than add to the injury sustained by fellow Christian soldiers in the battle of life through mockery and condemnation and the likes, help to support and aid the recovery of the wounded. You become weak and vulnerable each time a fellow Christian falls.
Pastors fighting pastors, churches fighting churches.
We call our Christian leaders to at least float a political party against the next coming election
Politics is dirty because we left it for dirty people. We must rise to do the needful and stop complaining.
Then with prayers, we would make it.
Pls forward these messages to ALL Christians known to you

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by izzou(m): 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
grin

Nice points by the op

But the major aim of establishing the church,even by Jesus Christ himself was to spread the gospel, not really to create jobs. Matthew 28:18-20

This is the responsibility of a sane government, not churches.

You can't blame PHCN for not giving us good roads when their job is to provide electricity

The flamboyant lifestyle of pastors these days calls for serious concern,as many are wolves in sheep clothing, but don't hold your church responsible for the rise in unemployment.

Hold your government responsible

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by mpowa(m): 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
The Problem I have is that many of you people who have these wonderful ideas rarely do anything to add to the value of the society. It is not the responsibilities of certain people to solve all society ills. People solve problems based on how they understand to solve them. Jesus cannot be a scientist and at the same time be a religious leader, neither can pastor Adeboye. He will do what works for him.

Now you who have all these great problem solving ideas, why don't you start doing something about it. Or did they tell you that the LETS-GO-A-FISHING Program can't co-exist together with all the wonderful problem solving items you listed above?

God has given everyone a DRIVE, If you're passionate about all these things, start them, and the RIPPLE EFFECT will spread.

But I noticed that the real problem solvers rarely makes noise. I belong to an ANDELA group and all we want to achieve is to raise the number of PROGRAMMERS and SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS in Nigeria, and it's moving FAST

Start your own CRUSADE, stop condemning those who are doing their own.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by OkpekeBeauty: 11:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
Its not the primary job of the church to create jobs but the government. The job of the church is to win souls and prepare them for success on earth and entrance to heaven, any church that leaves this primary assignment to major on minors has lost it. What happens is that in the cause of discipleship the people are raised to become true problem solvers. The major problem of a society is moral decadence: corruption, stealing, rape etc all emanate from it. If the church can solve that problem then they have solved a major problem

For your information Nigeria is rich and there is more we could have been if only we can rebuild our battered image and train our youths to be godly. The world will always criticize everything the church does, I am not surprised and I know my explanation will not make sense to any one of you and we owe you no explanation though.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by blesoh(f): 11:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
Leave us alone to fish, we must plant in every STREET, 5MINUTE drive. Na the work wey we de do.

4 Likes

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by Homers123(m): 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
RCCG, a country with more Churches and Mosques-other worship centers- than factories and industries will always go backward.

2 Likes

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by opeaceo: 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
As much as I do not agree with Churches building parishes at every nook and cranny of the streets, it's the job of the government to provide the enabling environment for jobs to thrive and not the religious bodies.

In Nigeria, we leave the crux of the matter and focus on the non essentials. The rants should be directed at the government.

1 Like

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by nwakaibeya1: 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
Every success, Every wealth, Every marriage ,every business ,every living life and every human being lives a life originating and propelled and powered from the spiritual world,either evil or good,knowingly or unknowingly ,by self or by proxy and very many people are evil and pretends to be good before the spiritual ignorant people and that's why evil dominate these spheres of life mentioned above hence we told those who care to listen that it's only at night that we know who is who, that's the hidden world where every interaction is genuine and naked there are no pretenses at night and that's where the battles of life are fought won or lost unknown to those who are spiritually blind those we call noise makers don't understand the hidden world they just open their mouth and talk but those who understand the hidden world peep when they read me before they talk because they understand the consequences of vain challenge. Mathew 13,13-14

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2017
Religious fanatics would not agree with you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by Tender1(m): 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2017
grin
Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by 2016v2017: 11:05pm On Apr 29, 2017
Sibe007:

Lets-start-factories

Lets-create-jobs

People need JOBS...

Re: Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? by Tender1(m): 11:05pm On Apr 29, 2017
I don't find myself loving any girl anymore after what my ex did to me, I only feel better talking about it. I do really love her. What should I do. Please. No matter how hard I try to forget her, I can't. It's 2 years now, she was the first girl I disvirgin, Though I've tried my best to move on, still yet I don't find myself loving any girl, maybe because I'm scared??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christian Man Converts To Islam In Borno State, Calls Himself Abubakar / Bishop Oyedepo Fires Back At Erelu Agbaye, Says Allegation Of Occultism Amounts / Evangelist Mike Bamiloye: I Used To Steal & Pick The Pockets At The Age Of 7 & 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.