Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / . (1473 Views)

List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 22, 2017

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
How about the nilote? Or had they already migrated to the south(and west) by the time the Arabs came in?
Re: . by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: . by Afobear: 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
learning ...continue
Re: . by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2017
Afobear:
learning ...continue
Ok Afobear, I would like to tell you about the legend of Prester John of Indies.

The Legend of Prester John of Indies

This legend was developed by the Christian Europeans during the time of the crusade in the mid 12th century, when the European Christians were defeated by the Muslim forces in the Holy Land. The legend was about the existence of an extremely wealthy and powerful Christian King somewhere in the East. The objective of creating the legend was to reinforce the religious moral of the European Christians. It promised that a fabulously rich and strong Christian King known as the Prester John of the Indies was marching from India to the Middle East in support of his fellow Christians and fight against the Muslims. For this he invited the kings of Christian Europe to join in his mission. As a result, the European Christian states hoped to form an alliance with the powerful king against Islam. However, they didn't know the where about of the kingdom ruled by the Prester John.

Beginning from the 14th century onwards, however, the country of Prester John came to be identified with the medieval highland Christian kingdom of Ethiopia. There were many reasons for them to believe that the kingdom was found in Ethiopia.

Therefore, some European monarchs began to communicate with this Christian state through letters. For instance, in 1400 King Henry IV of England wrote a letter to the Christian king addressing him as Prester John. Moreover, the Portuguese, the Christian superpower of the world, continued to search for the country of Prester John and before the end of the 15th century they succeeded to send a delegation to Ethiopia in 1494.

Before the Europeans came to know about the Christian kingdom, the Christian kingdom of Ethiopia had made serious of attempts to establish contact with them. But these attempts were always frustrated by the Egyptian sultans who didn't want to see the rise of a Christian power in the Horn of Africa.

If you want, I can tell you about Emperor Menelik II expansion to the south of Abyssinia in the late 19th century to create modern day Ethiopia.

Or, if there is other subject you want me to discuss with you, ask me?

1 Like

Re: . by Afobear: 12:05am On Apr 23, 2017
Hati13:

Ok Afobear, I would like to tell you about the legend of Prester John of Indies.

This legend was developed by the Christian Europeans during the time of the crusade in the mid 12th century, when the European Christians were defeated by the Muslim forces in the Holy Land. The legend was about the existence of an extremely wealthy and powerful Christian King somewhere in the East. The objective of creating the legend was to reinforce the religious moral of the European Christians. It promised that a fabulously rich and strong Christian King known as the Prester John of the Indies was marching from India to the Middle East in support of his fellow Christians and fight against the Muslims. For this he invited the kings of Christian Europe to join in his mission. As a result, the European Christian states hoped to form an alliance with the powerful king against Islam. However, they didn't know the where about of the kingdom ruled by the Prester John.

Beginning from the 14th century onwards, however, the country of Prester John came to be identified with the medieval highland Christian kingdom of Ethiopia. There were many reasons for them to believe that the kingdom was found in Ethiopia.

Therefore, some European monarchs began to communicate with this Christian state through letters. For instance, in 1400 King Henry IV of England wrote a letter to the Christian king addressing him as Prester John. Moreover, the Portuguese, the Christian superpower of the world, continued to search for the country of Prester John and before the end of the 15th century they succeeded to send a delegation to Ethiopia in 1494.

Before the Europeans came to know about the Christian kingdom, the Christian kingdom of Ethiopia had made serious of attempts to establish contact with them. But these attempts were always frustrated by the Egyptian sultans who didn't want to see the rise of a Christian power in the Horn of Africa.

If you want, I can tell you about Emperor Menelik II expansion to the south of Abyssinia in the late 19th century to create modern day Ethiopia.

knowledge gained but tell.me more on Emperor Menelik II expansion to the south of Abyssinia in the late 19th century to create modern day Ethiopia.
Re: . by MtuMsuper: 11:59am On Apr 23, 2017
Hati13:

Yes.
I always wondered why christian ethiopia never tried to expand xtianity beyond her borders. Why didnt xtianity spread east,west ,south of abyssinia? Dont you think the early xtians of ethiopia had a duty to expand the gospel as an article of faith?
Re: . by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
Afobear:
knowledge gained but tell.me more on Emperor Menelik II expansion to the south of Abyssinia in the late 19th century to create modern day Ethiopia.
I was banned by anti spam dot yesterday, because I had wrote you in detail about Menelik expansion to SW, S and SE. If I write you again, it will be the same outcome as yesterday.

If you are very interested in it, read about it online.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Yes.
I always wondered why christian ethiopia never tried to expand xtianity beyond her borders. Why didnt xtianity spread east,west ,south of abyssinia? Dont you think the early xtians of ethiopia had a duty to expand the gospel as an article of faith?
The had spread Christianity out of their border. The country you call Ethiopia now , is not the country before 19th century. The Abyssinia empire before mid 19th century only includes Amhara, Tigray and Eritrea(until 1889 A.D, but Eritrea shores were in different foreign powers occupation after 16th century). After emperor Menelik II expansion to SW,S and SE, most of them were forced to follow Amhara culture and Christianity. So, most of the Christians outside of Abyssinia(Amhara and Tigray regions) in modern day Ethiopia were made Christians by the Abyssinians.
Re: . by MtuMsuper: 3:49am On Apr 25, 2017
Hati13:

The had spread Christianity out of their border. The country you call Ethiopia now , is not the country before 19th century. The Abyssinia empire before mid 19th century only includes Amhara, Tigray and Eritrea(until 16th century). After emperor Menelik II expansion to SW,S and SE, most of them were forced to follow Amhara culture and Christianity. So, most of the Christians outside of Abyssinia(Amhara and Tigray regions) in modern day Ethiopia, were made Christians by the Abyssinians.
So thats Oromia basically.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 25, 2017
MtuMsuper:

In some extent, yes. After the mid 16th to early 18th century, there was a great population movement by the Oromos from their present day homelands in Bale and Sidamo to different parts of present day Ethiopia. After this migration, many of those Oromos who borders the Abyssinia empire, changed to Christianity and those who borders multiple Muslim states, changed to Islam. After Menelik expansion, most of the Christian Oromos and few others(Muslim and traditional) Oromos, where forced to change their culture to the Amhara culture(Amhara name and so on....). Now, there are very few Oromos, who follow their traditional religion and culture(Oromo name and so on.....).
Re: . by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 25, 2017
MtuMsuper:

It also includes other SW, S and SE peoples from different ethnic groups.
Re: . by MtuMsuper: 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hati13:

In some extent, yes. After the mid 16th to early 18th century, there was a great population movement by the Oromos from their present day homelands in Bale and Sidamo to different parts of present day Ethiopia. After this migration, many of those Oromos who borders the Abyssinia empire, changed to Christianity and those who borders multiple Muslim states, changed to Islam. After Menelik expansion, most of the Christian Oromos and few others(Muslim and traditional) Oromos, where forced to change their culture to the Amhara culture(Amhara name and so on....). Now, there are very few Oromos, who follow their traditional religion and culture(Oromo name and so on.....).
Okay, i should put my question again. You see as a christian man myself, i believe that the command to spread the good word must and should have been practiced by early ethiopian christians. I think you guys were the first nation after the roman emperor constantine to embrace christian faith as state religion. Why did it not spread south to kenya and somalia, east to sudan and beyond? Well, excuse my small error about sudan because i know the nubians were once christian. This has been a great mystery to me. Did they see christianity as their folk religion? Did other african tribes/nations see it as a folk religion?
The following verses in bible teach us to spread the word.
Mark 16:15 NKJV
“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”

Matthew 24:14 NKJV
“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.”

Psalms 96:3 NKJV
“Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.”

Revelation 14:6-7 NKJV
“Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— saying with a loud voice, ‘Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.'”

Matthew 28:19-20 NKJV
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

You may read the verses in your local language if you prefer.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 25, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Okay, i should put my question again. You see as a christian man myself, i believe that the command to spread the good word must and should have been practiced by early ethiopian christians. I think you guys were the first nation after the roman emperor constantine to embrace christian faith as state religion. Why did it not spread south to kenya and somalia, east to sudan and beyond? Well, excuse my small error about sudan because i know the nubians were once christian. This has been a great mystery to me. Did they see christianity as their folk religion? Did other african tribes/nations see it as a folk religion?
The following verses in bible teach us to spread the word.
Mark 16:15 NKJV
“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”

Matthew 24:14 NKJV
“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.”

Psalms 96:3 NKJV
“Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.”

Revelation 14:6-7 NKJV
“Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— saying with a loud voice, ‘Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.'”

Matthew 28:19-20 NKJV
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

You may read the verses in your local language if you prefer.
If I could correct you, Ethiopia(Axum) is the second nation to accept Christianity after Armenia. It's not after Roman. And when we say Ethiopia at that time, it's only included areas of present day Eritrea and Tigray region(Ethiopia). During the decline of Axum, some Axumit inhabitants migrated south of Axum(present day Amhara region) and spread Christianity there also.

Look, before Menelik conquered SW, S and SE states and converted some of those people to Christianity, all those states were independent and most of those states had nothing to do with Abyssinia empire before like Sudan, Kenya and Somalia. Menelik conquered those states for two reasons, 1. For resources and 2. To create Buffer Zone between the inland fertile areas and European colonies. If Menelik had the chance, he could also have conquered Sudan, Kenya and Somalia, but those states were already conquered by the European colonies. So, he could not conquer other areas beyond the new conquered areas. Amhara culture and Christianity were spread to most of those newly conquered areas.
Re: . by MtuMsuper: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hati13:

If I could correct you, Ethiopia(Axum) is the second nation to accept Christianity after Armenia. It's not after Roman. And when we say Ethiopia at that time, it's only included areas of present day Eritrea and Tigray region(Ethiopia). During the decline of Axum, some Axumit inhabitants migrated south of Axum(present day Amhara region) and spread Christianity there also.

Look, before Menelik conquered SW, S and SE states and converted some of those people to Christianity, all those states were independent and most of those states had nothing to do with Abyssinia empire before like Sudan, Kenya and Somalia. Menelik conquered those states for two reasons, 1. For resources and 2. To create Buffer Zone between the inland fertile areas and European colonies. If Menelik had the chance, he could also have conquered Sudan, Kenya and Somalia, but those states were already conquered by the European colonies. So, he could not conquer other areas beyond the new conquered areas. Amhara culture and Christianity were spread to most of those newly conquered areas.
Hati13, ok. I get your point but all am asking is not still answered. Those Axum early christians, why did they not send missionaries deep into africa. They had all the time between the 4th century till the arrival of European missionaries in 19 th century.That is almost 15 centuries. Why did they not evangelize other africans?

I have read some history about how the Late Roman Empire used to forcibly evangelize native German tribes, and how these Germans also forcibly evangelized other european tribes in baltic countries.
Re: . by Aksumawi2805(m): 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hati13:

Hello.Fellow ethio negne. Just to correct you

1.There was already Christianity in the south before Menilik's conquest.(There are ancient monasteries in Gurage region )
2.Menilik set out to unify old Ethiopian kingdom's that were cut off from the north by Muslim invaders and Oromo expansion and had no intentions for the countries you mentioned .Remember Axum once ruled a vast empire stretching from the horn to southern Arabia.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Hati13, ok. I get your point but all am asking is not still answered. Those Axum early christians, why did they not send missionaries deep into africa. They had all the time between the 4th century till the arrival of European missionaries in 19 th century.That is almost 15 centuries. Why did they not evangelize other africans?

I have read some history about how the Late Roman Empire used to forcibly evangelize native German tribes, and how these Germans also forcibly evangelized other european tribes in baltic countries.
Axum kingdom and Abyssinia Empire had spread Christianity beyond their borders. It's just not in a large scale. The European missionaries were well organized and had the latest maps at that time, so they spread Christianity into a vast areas. But in the case of Axum and Abyssinia, they were not that much organized and their maps didn't cover vast areas. There were also tolerance between Christianity and other religions in that area relatively than other areas. Beside, the Abyssinia Empire was in frequent wars with Muslim states and the Oromos. Their main objectives were to retain their own territories and if they could, conquer those areas. They didn't have the time and resources to spread Christianity beyond those areas they spread.

I get your points, that a Christian state has the responsibility to spread Christianity over a large territories and that responsibility had been stated on the Bible. The reason why European spread Christianity to large areas was not only because of religion, it was used as a means to colonies those areas.

1 Like

Re: . by MtuMsuper: 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hati13:

Axum kingdom and Abyssinia Empire had spread Christianity beyond their borders. It's just not in a large scale. The European missionaries were well organized and had the latest maps at that time, so they spread Christianity into a vast areas. But in the case of Axum and Abyssinia, they were not that much organized and their maps didn't cover vast areas. There were also tolerance between Christianity and other religions in that area relatively than other areas. Beside, the Abyssinia Empire was in frequent wars with Muslim states and the Oromos. Their main objectives were to retain their own territories and if they could, conquer those areas. They didn't have the time and resources to spread Christianity beyond those areas they spread.

I get your points, that a Christian state has the responsibility to spread Christianity over a large territories and that responsibility had been stated on the Bible. The reason why European spread Christianity to large areas was not only because of religion, it was used as a means to colonies those areas.
Okay. I see,not enough resources. But maybe its also the zeal that was lacking.
Let me give you an example. The spread of Islam from Arabia into the rest of the middle east and north africa.
The spread was accompanied by expansion of trading links with new territories. Those early jihad wars were closely linked to the desire to expand trading empires and create new ones. Merchants from arabia followed closely in the wake of the conquering hordes. Conquered territories enjoyed favorable terms of commerce and social equality if they embraced islam. Merchants in conquerd territories enjoyed full benefits and privileges if they embraced islam. Hence the wealthy and ruling classes were always amongst the first to willingly convert. It was necessary to establish common rules of commerce to avoid wars, because these were often causes of wars,even today. In ancient times each kingdom had its own standards,coins,weight measures and so on , such that it was difficult to either barter or exchange cash. Even services were not standard. Islam arrival changed all that by providing uniformity or at least some sanity in trade and commercial relations between different cities. A gold coin in Makkah was a gold coin in Cairo or Damascus.

I have a theory that the Axumites barely or rarely or did very little trade with other african nations. Perhaps more with Yemen and other mideastern entities. I dont know about trade with Nubia/Meroe, maybe you can enlighten us. They might have been christians but their cultural, trading and social orientation was to the middle east/north africa since pre islamic times. If there was little trading links with the rest of africa, there was little chance that the spread of ideas such as religion might have taken place. Remember how the ancient rulers of ancient Ghana,Songhai and other sahelian west african empires embraced islam? They traded alot with the Almoravids in the Maghreb and also with Egypt, and those traders from North Africa brought islam with them.
So maybe I imight ask you:did ancient Axum or even later Abyssinia , do any trade and commerce with any other sub saharan african entity or peoples?
Re: . by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
Aksumawi2805:

Hello.Fellow ethio negne. Just to correct you

1.There was already Christianity in the south before Menilik's conquest.(There are ancient monasteries in Gurage region )
2.Menilik set out to unify old Ethiopian kingdom's that were cut off from the north by Muslim invaders and Oromo expansion and had no intentions for the countries you mentioned .Remember Axum once ruled a vast empire stretching from the horn to southern Arabia.
Hi Aksumawi2805, nice to see another fellow Ethiopian here.

You are right in the case of Gurage people. They were an Aksumite soldiers sent for military expedition mission to the south of Axum, so there were already Christians before Menelik conquest. But there was no Christianity in Wolayta, Kaffa, Beni Shangul, Komosha, other southern states and in most Oromos states.

I disagree with you at your second point. Other than Gurage, the areas Menelik conquered hadn't had anything to do with Abyssinia before. I'm an Amhara, but I will not be biased. What Menelik did to those states except Gurage, was nothing but colonialism. If their weren't Europeans in Sudan, Kenya and Somalia, he could even have conquered those areas and unite them with Abyssinia Empire, if he had enough resources. There is a border disputes with Sudan, Kenya and Somalia now, because the areas in Ethiopia that border those countries were their areas(you can take Ogaden area for example).

Those who say, it was to reunite the lost territories(except Gurage) aren't telling the truth or they didn't/don't know the truth.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Okay. I see,not enough resources. But maybe its also the zeal that was lacking.
Let me give you an example. The spread of Islam from Arabia into the rest of the middle east and north africa.
The spread was accompanied by expansion of trading links with new territories. Those early jihad wars were closely linked to the desire to expand trading empires and create new ones. Merchants from arabia followed closely in the wake of the conquering hordes. Conquered territories enjoyed favorable terms of commerce and social equality if they embraced islam. Merchants in conquerd territories enjoyed full benefits and privileges if they embraced islam. Hence the wealthy and ruling classes were always amongst the first to willingly convert. It was necessary to establish common rules of commerce to avoid wars, because these were often causes of wars,even today. In ancient times each kingdom had its own standards,coins,weight measures and so on , such that it was difficult to either barter or exchange cash. Even services were not standard. Islam arrival changed all that by providing uniformity or at least some sanity in trade and commercial relations between different cities. A gold coin in Makkah was a gold coin in Cairo or Damascus.

I have a theory that the Axumites barely or rarely or did very little trade with other african nations. Perhaps more with Yemen and other mideastern entities. I dont know about trade with Nubia/Meroe, maybe you can enlighten us. They might have been christians but their cultural, trading and social orientation was to the middle east/north africa since pre islamic times. If there was little trading links with the rest of africa, there was little chance that the spread of ideas such as religion might have taken place. Remember how the ancient rulers of ancient Ghana,Songhai and other sahelian west african empires embraced islam? They traded alot with the Almoravids in the Maghreb and also with Egypt, and those traders from North Africa brought islam with them.
So maybe I imight ask you:did ancient Axum or even later Abyssinia , do any trade and commerce with any other sub saharan african entity or peoples?
Tnx for the info on trade and religion relationship.

Yes, the Aksumites and Abyssinians had traded outside of their borders, but those areas are in present day Ethiopia. The Abyssinia had traded slaves in millions from SW, S and SE of their borders. May be they had brought some of those slaves from other areas outside of present day Ethiopia, but I don't know if it was correct or not. But like you have said, if there is a strong trade between a states, there is a high chance for religion to spread. Since Abyssinia didn't spread Christianity outside of present day Ethiopia, that means either they hadn't traded with other African states outside of present day Ethiopia or they hadn't had traded strongly that couldn't result for Christmas to spread to those areas and vice verse for traditional religions to spread to Ethiopia.
Re: . by Aksumawi2805(m): 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hati13:

Hi Aksumawi2805, nice to see another fellow Ethiopian here.

You are right in the case of Gurage people. They were an Aksumite soldiers sent for military expedition mission to the south of Axum, so there were already Christians before Menelik conquest. But there was no Christianity in Wolayta, Kaffa, Beni Shangul, Komosha, other southern states and in most Oromos states.

I disagree with you at your second point. Other than Gurage, the areas Menelik conquered hadn't had anything to do with Abyssinia before. I'm an Amhara, but I will not be biased. What Menelik did to those states except Gurage, was nothing but colonialism. If their weren't Europeans in Sudan, Kenya and Somalia, he could even have conquered those areas and unite them with Abyssinia Empire, if he had enough resources. There is a border disputes with Sudan, Kenya and Somalia now, because the areas in Ethiopia that border those countries were their areas(you can take Ogaden area for example).

Those who say, it was to reunite the lost territories(except Gurage) aren't telling the truth or they didn't/don't know the truth.

No bro the inhabitants of ancient Axum were vast and include most of the present nations of Ethiopia.Did you know the ruling families of the wolaytan dynasty claim Tigrian ancestry? And have you read about the famous Hadiya princess who saved the Christian kingdom through marriage alliance with the north?
Evidence for the vast kingdom and diversity of Axumite inhabitants was written by Cosmos in "Christian Topography " ክርስቲያን ቶፖግራፊ በተሰኘው የኮስሞስ መጽሐፍ ውስጥ በአዱሊስ ያገኘውንየካሌብ የድንጋይ ጽሑፍ አኑሮልናል፡፡ በዚያን ጊዜዋ ኢትዮጵያ የተገለጡት ሕዝቦች ጋዜ፣ አጋሜ፣ ሲጊን፣አቫ፣ ዚጋሪን፣ አጋቬ፣ ቲያማ፣ አታጋውስ(አገዎች)፣ ካላ፣ ሰሜን፣ ላዚን፣ ዚአ፣ ጋቫላ፣ አታልሞ፣ ቤጃ፣ ››የሚባሉ ሕዝቦች ናቸው፡፡
further info on Medvial Christian states that had close ties with the north.
http://www.persee.fr/doc/ethio_0066-2127_2009_num_24_1_1394
p.s I am also from an Amhara and Tigrian family, that support Menelik
Re: . by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
Aksumawi2805:

No bro the inhabitants of ancient Axum were vast and include most of the present nations of Ethiopia.Did you know the ruling families of the wolaytan dynasty claim Tigrian ancestry? And have you read about the famous Hadiya princess who saved the Christian kingdom through marriage alliance with the north?
Evidence for the vast kingdom and diversity of Axumite inhabitants was written by Cosmos in "Christian Topography " ክርስቲያን ቶፖግራፊ በተሰኘው የኮስሞስ መጽሐፍ ውስጥ በአዱሊስ ያገኘውንየካሌብ የድንጋይ ጽሑፍ አኑሮልናል፡፡ በዚያን ጊዜዋ ኢትዮጵያ የተገለጡት ሕዝቦች ጋዜ፣ አጋሜ፣ ሲጊን፣አቫ፣ ዚጋሪን፣ አጋቬ፣ ቲያማ፣ አታጋውስ(አገዎች)፣ ካላ፣ ሰሜን፣ ላዚን፣ ዚአ፣ ጋቫላ፣ አታልሞ፣ ቤጃ፣ ››የሚባሉ ሕዝቦች ናቸው፡፡
further info on Medvial Christian states that had close ties with the north.
http://www.persee.fr/doc/ethio_0066-2127_2009_num_24_1_1394
p.s I am also from an Amhara and Tigrian family, that support Menelik
Amesegnalw for the info bro

The colonialism opinion may be wrong then, since most of the newly conquered areas in the 19th century are previous lost territories.

I also support Menelik expansion, especially against the Oromos. Because they themselves had done it against the Abyssinians and other groups from mid 16th to early 19th century.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Will Your Language Still Be In Existence In The Next One THOUSAND Years?? / An Exposition On The Osu Caste System In Igboland: Omor As Case Study / Why Are Isoko People Of Delta State Very Stingy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.